[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the gaming laptop scene so trash right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 20160602_093117.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160602_093117.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>Last mobile GPU released by Nvidia was years ago

>AMD still hasn't caught up

>All laptops with a 980M have a ridiculously huge bezel, awful design or one of those chunky lumps on the back like on every high ender by ASUS ROG

>Razer and Microsoft trying to charge £2000 upwards for 940M and 970M laptops?!

All I want is a laptop that looks sleek, has a nice finish and has the most powerful mGPU available. Why is that so goddamn hard?

I have searched for hours and cannot find a single laptop with the physical appeal of a Razer Blade or a Microsoft Surface Book that packs a 980M. Why?

Pic unrelated
>>
>now
You're having a laugh.
>>
>scoop out the flesh

What utter pussies. The skin of a kiwi is perfectly edible
If you bother removing the skin from a kiwi you should try removing youself from this world.
>>
>now

laptops for gaming will always be trash
>>
>>340225771
>gaming laptop
reactionimage.jpg
>>
>gaming laptop

why not just get a mini/meme tower and carry that around with an HDMI cable and a rollup keypad?

all that will still fit into a laptop bag
>>
>>340225771
>physical appeal of a Razer Blade or a Microsoft Surface Book that packs a 980M

Because you will melt a thin laptop without the added airflow of a bulkier casing. Those cards require cooling. Laptops are completely fucking awful for keeping cool. I'm typing on my shitty laptop with integrated graphics and shitty 2.5GHz I5 right now and its still hot.

I've seen people with melted fucking keyboards from running a regular laptop on a carpet/blanket for too long. Let alone a "high end" laptop.

tl;dr you're fucking retarded for wanting a laptop for gaming
>>
>>340225771
I've got a Dell i7559, i added a ssd drive and 8g extra memory, all came in under a thousand. It plays just cause 3 with everything set on high without issue. Don't laugh I needed a laptop for work.
>>
i just don't understand why they're all fucking ugly

i'll let fat designs slide because shit, it's a laptop with a bigass grafix card in it

But has no one made a normal looking fucking laptop that can play some high end video games?
>>
OP, I'll be honest with you, I think laptops will always be "shit" to some extent due to how expensive it is to create strong notebook-size gpus. Best bet is getting some refurb laptop with a 980m or something if you're looking for cost-effectiveness.

Also, OP, keep in mind that you could always just get a slim computer to throw in your backpack. I know that's not ideal since you'd need to hook it up to a monitor but it's much less expensive.
>>
>>340228043
Check out the dell, it looks like a regular laptop and is far and away the best gaming laptop for under 1000, it beats most 1500 gaming laptops can still use older 2g graphics cards. Looks nice but is a little big ( 15.6 screen). If you are looking to spend more than a grand, buy the Dell then build a tower for home gaming.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.