[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>invisible walls: the game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: TheWitcher2.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
TheWitcher2.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
lol do people actually like this shit? I'm in the first chapter and it is fucking awful. The combat is shit, the movement is clunky, every single quest has been "run here and talk to this guy or find this item" with maybe a few bandits or monsters thrown in for you too fight.

Should I keep playing or just skip to Witcher 3?
>>
>>340225434
im dealing with the same shit, Ive been trying to fucking finish the witcher 2 for YEARS now and everytime I download the piece of shit, I play for 2 hours, get bored as fuck and delete it again.
I just can't seem to bring myself to finish it. I might just skip right over to the 3rd game.
>>
Oh and I forgot the inventory system is probably one of the worst I have seen in games
>>
>>340225434
If you hate the combat in this game, you're not going to like TW3 any more. Believe me.
>>
maybe stop being a pleb
>>
>>340226796
Just wait for W3
>>
Were Witcher senses already in 2?
>>
Because of w3's release, w2 is obsolete. yes, it's a great game, a bit of flaws but still very good. but, if you're not going to take the time to appreciate it then skip to w3 and enjoy that fanstastic work of art.
>>
>>340225434
I'm surprised TW2 got to be as well reviewed as it did with broken combat. The combat can actually be decent when the BS is kept to a minimum and there is a certain satisfaction when i clear ridiculous encounters in spite of all that but man did the combat have some problems.

Enemies that can block you can do so in the most spectacularly retarded ways. I've been parried by enemies lying on the ground face first, archers that did not even have their fucking sword drawn and enemies reeling from a heavy attack on their back. And as always you never have an indication of whether an enemy is going to block and geralt does that ridiculous stagger animation that will almost guarantee his death in most situations.

Geralt frequently rolls in place for a half second causing him to get back attacked by an enemy almost guaranteeing a one shot by most enemies on dark mode.

There are numerous encounters that happen after a cutscene where you can very easily die at the beginning due to geralt not having his sword drawn and enemies right up in his face.

Bombs and traps damage scales badly in the mid-late game even with the 200% damage bonus from alchemist.

Critical effects are fucking useless outside of the beginning of the game(except for freeze but you dont get that until end-game), absolutely pitiful DOT on dark mode which is a shame because it would've made different potion combos more interesting in certain situations as opposed to the usual rook/thunderbolt/tawny owl with catalysis.

Gargoyles are also terribly designed enemies.
>>
the quests r cool though
at least the main quest
>>
> "run here and talk to this guy or find this item" with maybe a few bandits or monsters thrown in for you too fight

If you don't like conventional-map action RPGs, guess what? You're not going to like Witcher 2.

The game is only fun on max difficulty where you have to fight for every inch of progression and gear at the beginning
>>
>>340230329
They've been around since 1.
>>
>>340225434

TW3 combat is far worse, albeit easier.
>>
File: image.png (927 KB, 638x718) Image search: [Google]
image.png
927 KB, 638x718
TW3
>lemme just draw this part of the map so when you try to come here i teleport you back xD

fucking cdpr...

why can't they do open world right?
>>
But the developer doesn't like DRM

You must give them money
>>
>>340225434
>if its not open world its baaaaaad

neo-/v/ everyone
>>
>>340234229

If it's open world there's a very high likelihood it's bad
>>
>>340225434
Welcome to the Witcher series.
Mediocre as fuck, shit combat and forgettable characters.
>>
Shitting on Witcher games.

If you need any more proof that this place is infested with faggot redditors this is it.
>>
>>340234686

Reddit loves The Witcher
>>
File: 1446905610085.jpg (164 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
1446905610085.jpg
164 KB, 550x800
Will I miss out if I just skip all the cinematics? I was just trying to play the game, and the first mission/s are like fucking movies. Is it even possible to skip them?
>>
>>340225434
t. Elder Scrolls pleb
>>
File: bitcher_3.png (4 MB, 986x1378) Image search: [Google]
bitcher_3.png
4 MB, 986x1378
>>
>>340234927
>want to play the game again
>don't want to play that annoying intro again
It's not difficult or anything, but it's annoying going through a bunch of generic soldiers and shit just to start the actual game.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.