[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nintendo totally doesn't need third parties guiz!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: screenshot2016-06-06a9hl19.png (46 KB, 1226x640) Image search: [Google]
screenshot2016-06-06a9hl19.png
46 KB, 1226x640
>Nintendo totally doesn't need third parties guiz!!
>>
>>340217819
we all know Nintendo is shit
>>
>>340217819
It's their own fault.
>>
>>340217819
They don't.
Nintendo has some of the strongest intellectual properties in the entire industry
First party Nintendo games are at the very worst ok. Meanwhile third party titles range from mediocre to awful. And that's disregarding how many third party developers focus on movies without gameplay.
>>
Nintendo 1996
>Lets make Mario and Pokemon games

Nintendo 2001
>Lets make the same Mario and Pokemon games

Nintendo 2006
>Lets make even more Mario and Pokemon games

Nintendo 2009
>Lets make another batch of Mario and Pokemon games

>Nintendo 2013
>Lets remake some Mario and Pokemon games

Nintendo 2016
>Lets make the same Mario and Pokemon games yet again
>>
>>340218167
3rd parties are there to prop up software while they work on their internal games.
>>
I respect Nintendo and rarely have anything bad to say about them, but my allegiance is with Sony, and this is actually one of the reasons why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5eWltEVT_0

Simply put, its most exciting to be a PlayStation
fanboy.

We have the most dynamic history of any first party company to ever have stepped into this industry.

Sony was betrayed by Nintendo as they announced a partnership with Panasonic without mentioning it.

Sony was enraged and would not stand the humiliation. "So we'll build our own".

"DO IT", the eternal words Norio Ohga, Sony Corporation's CEO at the time.

But Sony knows nothing about video games. How can they compete?

Yet at the end of the generation they had tripled N64 sales and completely dominated the market. The Dualshock and it's variants have become nearly as iconic as the NES controller for representing gaming.

And they didn't stop there. They did it again with the PS2, completely dominating the industry with the best-selling console of all time.

Now with PS4, we get to rebuild after a massive failure, and 2016 looks to continue the great momentum this console has. We have games like no one else, the result of risks no one else wanted to take. I'm addicted to the variety this platform offers.

I'm a PS fanboy for the thrill of it.
I couldn't be happier to be along for the ride.
>>
File: tumblr_nll8j07vMe1r1kxrio1_1280.jpg (143 KB, 874x914) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nll8j07vMe1r1kxrio1_1280.jpg
143 KB, 874x914
>>340218520
>>
>Post yfw Microsoft and Sony have both been setting out to destroy Nintendo for over 8 years now
>WiiU was announced first, they teamed up and went for shared spec on PS4/Xbone to secure and monopolise multiplat development
>Fine, We'll can WiiU early and release the new system, one more powerful than PS4, NX in late 2016

>Hah, fuck you! Now we're going to release PS4 2! Twice as powerful as PS4! Xbone 2! Three times as powerful!

>Nintendo: .....

Can they just fuck off? You don't get to be the top dog consumer product and then shelve it 3 years in and release a new one.

It's like Sony and Microsoft will get VIOLENTLY ill if a Nintendo product ever sits on the market as the most powerful system. It's like they have an inbuilt reactionary mechanism.

I wonder, if Nintendo canned Gamecube early and announced a ULTRA NINTENDO in 2003, would Playstation have release PS3 early then too?

This shit is getting out of hand. Sony knew of VR when they were making PS4. They should've accounted for it then. Splitting up your console gen and forcing the obsolescence of systems that are popular and not even old is disgusting.
>>
>>340218167
>First party Nintendo games are at the very worst ok
Don't be such a drone. Nintendo has put out some shit games from time to time.
>>
>>340219089
We have a 3 year gen cycle now. Get used to it.

We're on a collision course with the PC model and we won't stop until we become them completley and totally.

PS5 will be an upgradeable PC, the components are all slot ins with very aesthetic form factors, Nvidia and AMD etc will make these cGPU's and PC userbase who considers PC "like legos!" wlll swap over.

Console and PC will become the same thing by 2020. Sony and Microsoft will simply be the online storefronts, the hardware will be universal and shared. Nintendo will get completely locked out.
>>
>>340219089
No one is conspiring to kill poor Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft just realized that adopting a standardized hardware architecture (the same used by PCs, the universal business machines) is far cheaper and practical than using special snowflake hardware (the Cell almost bankrupted Sony).
If Nintendo wants to stay in the past (it's the CD vs Cartridge scenery all over again), more power by them. Just don't complain when they're let behind by the industry.
>>
>>340217819
Nintendo gets its profits from first party like always. Who gives a shit about third party shovelware
>>
>>340218167
>They don't.
They do. The amount of people willing to buy Nintendo consoles solely for access to Nintendo games keeps going down, generation after generation. The only exception was the Wii, which sold to a lot of people who had never played games before [which isn't a bad thing] who weren't converted into reliable game buyers like Nintendo hoped [that's a bad thing]. Even the Wii ran out of gas after only ~4 years while PS360 kept chugging along, nearly matching the Wii in total sales each.

Nintendo's lack of third parties turns what should be a major, major strength unavailable on other consoles -- Nintendo first party titles -- into a major weakness because it ends up being almost the only thing available on the system. So if you don't like every single game Nintendo puts out, it's a tough sell to pick up hardware just for Mario and Zelda.
>>
>>340219710
>Sony and Microsoft will simply be the online storefronts
Why on earth would anyone buy from Sony if there wasn't direct hardware involved? Same for Microsoft? How many times is GFWL and W10 store going to have to fail before anyone gets the message?

Steam already won.
>>
>>340218520
>but my allegiance is with Sony
>holding an allegiance to multi-billion dollar corporations who only see you as a dollar sign
Now this is stupidity
>>
>>340221756
>Who gives a shit about third party shovelware
Clearly the people that bought 360s and PS4s.
>>
File: Normal Distribution.png (37 KB, 725x437) Image search: [Google]
Normal Distribution.png
37 KB, 725x437
>>340217819
ZOMFG the Wii was an aberration and now the trend is reverting to the meaning???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>340222619
Add to that how Nintendo's leadership seems to be biased towards certain properties like ignoring others.
I'm not saying that a new, competently done Metroid game would outsell fucking Smash, but it would be a strong title to have in your library.
>>
>>340222934
Because some people dont like valve and its shitty practices
>>
>>340218520
I like how you speak your mind and that people attack you for it. Keep it up, anon
>>
>>340217819
They don't.
>>
>>340218520
>We
Are you a Sony shareholder?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.