[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this be a total flop like WoD or will it actually bring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: 477605.jpg (87 KB, 772x435) Image search: [Google]
477605.jpg
87 KB, 772x435
Will this be a total flop like WoD or will it actually bring some small subscription increase to WoW?
Keep in mind that basically all of its features are 1:1 copypasted from Diablo 3's expansion Reaper of Souls, including the horrible ones.
>>
>>340217563
>Horrible Ones
Name what ones you don't like, being vague doesn't help me or anyone on this shit site make an informed opinion.
>>
>>340218383
Unique legendaries are the main issue.
They are the sole reason the endgame of RoS sucks donkeyballs, for you are forcefully required to grind for thousands of hours to get a single item because its special effect combined with other items lets you cheese easily through T10 and other difficulties.
We're talking about special combinations of unique legendaries that rank up your damage by 3000% or even more.
Well, they're bringing that shit to WoW with Legion, and it doesn't take a fool to realize how absolutely atrocious will be now to gear up following specific builds and whatsoever, as these "legendaries" with enhancing effects will be absolutely mandatory, especially for high end raiding.
Expect people pretending you to have item "x" to do "y".
>hurr durr ar u casul?
The point is not being hardcore or casual or any other retarded buzzword, the point is diluting the soup with water doesn't make the soap plentiful.
>U WILL HAVE TONS OF NEW LEGENDARIES TO EARN AND FARM FOR COUNTLESS HOURS, THAT'S CONTENT!1!1 :DDDDD
Expect people to furiously jerk off over broken combinations of these items to the point of flat-requiring it to do everything.

I'm not even going to start with the whole "mythic dungeons are now greater nephalem rifts with the same bullshit mechanics" business, because we all know how that will end.
>>
>>340219257
The general flaw is, people asked for more content, not for more grinding.
Blizzard didn't get the point, of course.
>hurr grinding is content
This is debatable.
Doing the same thing over and over again for something to drop isn't actual "content", as its variety and possibilities reach their peak after one hour of actual gameplay.
>>
>>340219257
literally the only bad thing about this could be guilds/PUGs declining you for not having a specific legendary.
>>
>>340219403
I, for one, thoroughly enjoy questing. I make sure to finish each zone's questlines before moving to the next zone and repeating- with only a few dungeons in between
>>
>>340219403
>over and over again for something to drop

This is what is frightening me the most. The layered amount of RNG that Legion is spouting is insulting. After hearing Ion's reasoning with whoever that fat fuck was in the dev update took a lot of wind out of my sails.

That and the weekly cap on artifact power. MMOs are fucking dead.
>>
File: 1459986446488.png (2 MB, 1250x969) Image search: [Google]
1459986446488.png
2 MB, 1250x969
>>
>>340220198
Not >>340219403
but I agree with you. If Blizz somehow adds in a decent degree of zone scaling to the level process I'd really be happy. Even with the hotfixes I started up a NElf warrior, got 15 in Darkshore, queued up for a deadmines, after finished already out leveled all my quests and more than half of what remained.

Well I might as well keep on grinding through LFG now shouldn't I?!?
>>
>>340217563

I stopped playing WoW because the end-game is too hardcore for me. It's a high-stress environment with lots of grinding and people screaming at you for the slightest mistake.

I didn't care for it.
>>
>>340220482
most people i've met either in the zones or in dungeons have been funny and understanding or just not caring of deaths
>>
>>340219257
legendaries will be limited to the grand choice of one per character, and most are utter bs effects like making timewarp a short cd if youre playing solo.
and mythic will have the effects of said legendaries turned off at least for some till till the content isnt considered relevant in progression races. the only advantage youll have for quite some time will be the ilvl.
>>
>>340220225
>Ion's reasoning with whoever that fat fuck was in the dev update
what
explain
>>
File: 1465028346514.jpg (29 KB, 238x241) Image search: [Google]
1465028346514.jpg
29 KB, 238x241
What exactly was the point of every class getting legendaries again? I like being able to upgrade my weapon by getting another weapon not just given a stick and being told "this is a source of power in lore" and have to infuse power into it.

although some are cool like ashbringer and doomhammer and what not.
>>
>>340221204
Have you actually seen some of them, anon?
They're completely fucking broken and ridiculous.
And the general excuse for that is "they're so rare they will not harm the balance in any way xDDD"
No, fuck you.
The metagame for the endgame of Legion is going to be an absolute pure fucking hell.
Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>340221754
No, link some warrior ones.
>>
File: 1464208279418.jpg (129 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1464208279418.jpg
129 KB, 668x712
>>340221884
>Streten's Sleepless Shackles: Each time you Enrage, you gain 20 Rage.
>Shackles of Bryndaor: Charge leaves a firey trail that deals damage.
>Power Cord of Lethtendris: Last Stand and Shield Wall recharge up to 50% faster, increased by missing health.
>Nochtadh, Footpads of the Deft Assasin: Your attacks have a chance to reveal a weakness in your opponent's defenses. While attacking from the weak side, you deal X% increased damage to the target.
>Magistrike Restraints: Your special attack critical strikes have a chance to increase the Haste of you and a nearby ally by 40 for 6 seconds.
>Zann'esu Journey: All enemies within 5 yards of you suffer 5000 Fire damage each second.
>Entrancing Trousers of An'juna: Teleport to the location of a friendly player within 50 yards.
>Pillars of the Dark Portal: While you remain stationary, deep roots seep into the ground every 3 sec. granting you 50000 healing every 3 sec. stacking up to 10 times.
>Hood of Eternal Disdain: Upon taking fatal damage, you are returned to full health but deal 40% less damage and healing for 30 seconds. Can only occur once every 3 minutes.
>Marquee Bindings of the Sun King: You have 20% Avoidance while casting.
>Timeshifters: Standing still for 8 seconds gives you Foresight, allowing you to cast spells while moving for 4 seconds.
>Shard of the Exodar: Casting a spell has a chance to call down the Light of An'she at a nearby location for 15 seconds. Allies standing in the Light gain 15% haste and 15% spell cost reduction, split amongst all affected players.
>Al'maiesh, the Cord of Hope: Drain 110% of your maximum health over 10 sec, but gain 0% Haste and Leech.
>Roots of Shaladrassil: Restore a dead target to life with 60% health and 20% mana. Usable in combat.
>Estel, Dejahna's Inspiration: Charm an enemy creature that has less maximum health than you.
>Mangaza's Madness: Your instant cast spells have a chance to trigger Foresight, allowing your next spell to be cast while moving.
>>
File: Bake.png (52 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Bake.png
52 KB, 200x200
>>340222071
so can all these be equipped at one time?
>>
>>340217563
learn what a flop is
>>
>>340222218
No, but the point still stands.
>>
>>340221483
The dev update stream where the loot you get from mythic dungeons is given to you in a weekly crate. You have no control over what to farm if you need something specific.

Look at the new info in PvP gearing. After the tertiary stats, sockets and other bullshit from WoD. It looks like they're going all in on RNG for legion.
>>
>garrisons 2.0
>garrisons 2.0 forced even harder because you will be expected to grind to upgrade your mandatory legendary weapon
>still no actual features that make people socialize or group up more
>>
File: 5WAwjb2.jpg (18 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
5WAwjb2.jpg
18 KB, 480x480
>>340217563
There will be a huge spike in subscription rate when it's released that will drop even lower than before after a few months.
People will never learn.
I know a few folks who'd rather throw their money at another bad expansion upfront rather than miss out on experiencing WoW's return to glory first hand.
>>
>>340222598
Roots of Shaladrassil sound the most useful in a raid.
>>
>>340222989
>to do garrison table missions you need to do world quests
>many autoparty you
>many require multiple players

I beg to differ

Profession buildings are gone. THAT was the worst part of Garrisons, since it made professions pointless.
>>
>>340223229
And that shit is all cross-realm right?
>>
>>340223482
When the hell do you think Blizztard is going to combine realms instead of this cross-realm bullshit?
>>
>>340223482

Yes.
Is that a problem somehow?
>>
>>340223229
I would argue letting you skill up with only WoD mats was the bigger blow to professions. That ruined all professions forever, as opposed to just one expansions.
>>
>>340223586
Never ever, they will never go back on any of their major shitty design decisions.

>>340223595
Yes, because instead of meeting people you can make friends with and do more content with, you are going to be playing with people you cannot do that with, and might as well be AI for all intents and purposes.
>>
>>340223606

I disagree.
Grinding old mats is a bit absurd by now. When it was just Vanilla -> BC -> WOTLK is was manageable, but every expansion makes it more and more grindy. In MoP is was a huge pain in the ass if you outleveled your professions (which always happened) and had to spend a week farming old zones for mats.
At some point they were bound to make a way to skip the old materials.

You now do quest chains to upgrade professions, which is pretty fun.
>>
>>340223850

You can party with and befriend cross realm people. Just can't trade with them.
>>
>>340223867
>once again listing a problem caused by the complete destruction of leveling

I really do not give a fuck that it was grindy now. Professions never used to be, as you used to be expected to get the mats while leveling.
>>
>>340224115

But that hasn't been the case since like BC.
Even in WOTLK everyone would out level professions.
>>
>>340220482
Dude, its simple stay out of the fire. Don't clip your dots, and for Christ sake hit your cap. Whatever that may be.
>>
>>340224115
>Professions never used to be grindy.

You ever level blacksmithing back in the day?
>>
>>340224469
Gathering profs= grind.
>>
>>340224335
>our destruction of leveling has ruined the progression curve of professions
>should we fix leveling?
>nah, fuck it, lets just ruin professions as well

Your opinions are bad.

>>340224469
Yes, go armorsmith. The thorium hump was the only annoying one, still managed to get over it before hitting 60(then in BC I had to grind the fuck for goblin rep to change to weaponsmith(dem weapons), as I was hated due to bloodsail admiral).
>>
File: 1434743190481.gif (358 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1434743190481.gif
358 KB, 500x281
>>340220791
I did Heroic HFC with a group for a few weeks, and we did all the bosses except for Last dude and some other guy I forgot

The first time we did the other guy, I died right away. They kicked me out and the raid leader was like "You're not gonna be able to handle these later fights."

Never again.
>>
RAY WILSON IS GONE

SO ITLL BE GOOD
>>
I stopped playing after Burning Crusade. It looks like a shitshow now.
>>
>>340217563
The new class changes will increase the subscribers by quite a bit since its changing so much. not sure if it can recover from WoD completely for another few years.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.