[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I cringe remembering when many people on /v/ (including
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 3 terrible games 2.jpg (136 KB, 460x645) Image search: [Google]
3 terrible games 2.jpg
136 KB, 460x645
>mfw I cringe remembering when many people on /v/ (including myself) were hyping up the "return" and "new golden age of WRPGs" thanks to Kickstarter
>mfw all of them ended up mediocre and terrible

Let's break them down, shall we?

>Shadowrun (Dragonfall and Hong Kong)
Gender and race selection literally don't effect the game in a meaningful way
Linear as fuck
iOS menus and design
Terrible combat
Nobody uses the creation tools because the games suck

>Wasteland 2
No true role playing thanks to the shitty party system
No replay value due to the shit tier character building system
Energy weapons are complete shit even with the best ones equipped
Certain poorly designed combat sections make you resort to using LAWs and RPGs to win (the brothel)

>Pillars of Eternity
Lore dump dialogue
Bland and boring setting
Terrible, nonsensical balance (no combat for EXP but the game is full of trash mob combat)
Party relationships are complete shit (party members never do their own thing aka acting like real characters and not just your combat slaves)
>>
ayyyy
>>
>>340216029
Let me get some of that salt for my fries
>>
What *was* the last good wrpg?
>>
I cringe every time you post this thread.
>>
>>340217758
The Witcher 3 of course.
>>
Dragonfall was pretty good.
>>
File: Untitled.png (412 KB, 669x1787) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
412 KB, 669x1787
Do you think he even stays in those threads?
>>
>>340217856
>can't choose your own background
>if you don't do the myriad quests when they become available, theyre stupidly easy when you get around to doing them
>blade oil system was retarded
>alchemy was underdeveloped
>I sucked at combat the whole time
At least the story was decent
>>
>>340218363
Holy shit bro saged
>>
>>340218363
I think he is a man sadder than any of us could ever truly imagine
>>
>>340216029
this is why i'm replaying baldur's gate in EE version. All the new WRPGs have been "so so", they never hit the mark on the story+gameplay combination.
>>
>>340218495
Cuck
>>
>>340216029
I liked wasteland 2 a lot. 2nd half was way better than the first half.
My problems were
>rifles and snipers were OP, no other weapons came close
>blunt>>>>>>>>>bladed
>you had to continuously improve your one skill like lock picking since bandits in later areas have level10 security equal to government weapon vaults
>>
>>340217856
Only waifufags like the Witcher series
>>
File: ChJW4hLUkAAH1RJ.jpg (36 KB, 527x523) Image search: [Google]
ChJW4hLUkAAH1RJ.jpg
36 KB, 527x523
I have been seeing the same variation of the text + image for literally month, don't you have ANYTHING better to do, holy shit
>>
>>340219185
Couldn't care less about the whores. All the women suck in Witcher 3 but the Witchers are bros and I like Geralt or at least, I like the way my Geralt acts.

It was a fun game with lots of exploration and quests that felt meaningful. I was happy with it.
>>
>>340219242
fuck off abu hajaar, don't you have deserts to roll around?
>>
>>340219181
>>rifles and snipers were OP, no other weapons came close
Good brawling characters were significantly stronger than anything else in the second part of the game. Snipers don't even deserve to be on the OP list, they are only good first 30-40% of the game, after that rifles do same thing but 5 times better.
>>
>>340217758
I had some fun with Div:OS, AoD, and Underrail. Right now I'm playing through the Might and Magic games and having a boatload of fun. It's a travesty that dungeon crawlers are pretty much dead genre outside of indie games and weebshit.
>>
>>340216029
I would love to live in your world where classic rpg had good combat and were well balanced
>>
OP start posting the Sawyer pasta you sad cunt

here in case you missed it
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/subject/Bigger%20Cu-ck%20Than%20Anthony%20Burch

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/The%20stronghold%20never%20really/type/op/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.