[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just bought this. Is it as bad as they say /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: lastremnant.jpg (757 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
lastremnant.jpg
757 KB, 1280x1024
So I just bought this. Is it as bad as they say /v/?
>>
File: 3453453466346.gif (262 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
3453453466346.gif
262 KB, 200x200
>>340206169
It's actually fucking amazing, one of the best JRPGs the PC got for a long time, not so much now that the Japs started releasing stuff on Steam, but still a really great game. Awesome as FUCK music.
>>
>>340206169
>bad

DON'T
GRIND
>>
>>340206169
Pretty fuckin' good.

I've backlogged it, but from the little I played many years back I enjoyed immensely.

Rule of thumb though.
Don't grind.

Now I kind of wanna play it again.
>>
I started it a really long time ago on the 360, didn't really get far. I ended up selling it so I figured I'd give it another try. Literally don't remember anything about it.
>>
>>340206169
Good read a faq about the games leveling and classing systems. You may also want an item list at some point for upgrades.
Otherwise it's a LOT of fun.
>>
>>340206169

Lost Odyssey was the masterpiece of last-gen, but it's not on PC.
>>
The console version is pretty shit, mainly because of framerate, but I had a lot of fun regardless. I've heard the PC version runs great. Go for it
>>
>>340208458
That's another one I've been trying to get around to. I can't keep up with my backlog because I buy way more than I finish. I would have to play like 48 hours a week to keep up. I've seen that both of these games can run about 120 hours a piece.
>>
>>340206169
It's great anon.
People complain about not being able to micromanage your units skills and equipment easily, but that's how it would be leading a small troop of 16 or so mercs'n soldiers imo.

Also battles will seem like a clusterfuck at first but positioning and tactics have way more consequence than they seem to at first.
>>
>>340207241
You can grind in the easy mode PC version. You'll suck shit, but eventually manage to tard your way through it.
>>
>>340207241
>>340207396
Why wouldn't you want to grind?
>>
>>340209774

grinding increases your Battle Rank

enemy hp/damage/spells get an upgrade if your BR is too high
>>
TIS BUT A WISP OF A THING
>>
>>340206169
better than blue dragon at least....
>>
>>340209774
When you win fights, you get Battle Rank. The higher it is, the stronger the enemies get.
Get it too high and you'll eventually start fighting enemies way above your BR, making it really fucking hard, if not impossible to win battles.
>>
>bad

Probably one of the best JRPGs in recent memory, at least gameplay-wise. It's really a shame more people haven't played it.
>>
>>340210636
The games media kind of shat on it tho m8, especially the 360 version. They really pick the winners and losers.
>>
>>340211059
>The games media kind of shat on it tho m8
why in the world would you listen to those retards?
>>
>>340211612
I don't. That's why I asked you guys but most people do look at those reviews before they buy a game.
>>
If you already bought it, then you might as well just play it...
>>
>>340209774
Game has a semi-obscured value called your "Battle Rank" that increases every time you win a fight.

The battle rank increasing affects a variety of things
>Enemy strength goes up
>Enemies might get one or two new moves at certain thresholds
>Unique characters can learn new art families (which is why the battle rank increasing is not explicitly a bad thing)

The best way to ensure that your battle rank gains stay at a minimum is to clear the matches in an amount of turns that is equal to or less than the number of enemy SQUADS.

If you increase your battle rank without progressing in other areas (which would usually be caused by you wasting time grinding mobs that are too weak for you to get any substantial gains off of them), you'll suffer.

Don't listen to the "don't grind" memers if you're playing the PC version. If you do it smart, there's nothing to worry about.
In fact there's a big-ass psuedo-exploit that you can do like a third of the way through the game that has you killing hundreds of low-level enemy squads in a single encounter, skyrocketing your stat gains and art levels, but minimizing your BR gain.

>>340208587
>mainly because of framerate
No.

>arbitrary cap on "leader units" that gimps your squad build diversity both gameplay-wise and flavour/aesthetics-wise (you should only recruit units with flavour-text in the pc version btw)
>triple-consecutive boss gauntlet mid-game that you can't save or adjust your unions between
>BR scaling fucked
>>
>>340212237
well, alright then. it's a really good game, just don't try playing it like a traditional RPG and be aware that the learning curve is large and try to pay attention to how you're progressing in learning skills and battle outcomes. if you can get a hold on that you'll do fine. learning the ins and outs though will require some dedication and a wiki
>>
>>340206169
Massive learning curve.
The wiki is your best friend if you want to have any luck at success.

Other than that, a very interesting and fun game.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.