[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time to apologize.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 29
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
Time to apologize.
>>
for what?
>>
I won't apologize for anything. It was shit.
>>
>>340203907
Fabricating the holocaust and spreading it to subvert Europe's last line of defense
>>
I'm sorry I liked it when it came out. I'm sorry I liked SOTFS. Sorry I liked Dark Souls 3 as well?
>>
>>340203786

I'm sorry Dark Souls 2
>>
I'm sorry you have such poor level design and enemy and boss variety.
>>
>>340203786
I'm sorry area variety means shit when every area is fucking awful.
>>
I'm sorry you had more original content than DS3 but managed to make it all terrible so the numbers don't matter
>>
Your PvP is still the best
>>
im sorry i try to replay you again because /v/ told me das2 have the best replayabality but i cant...i just cant..a turd will always be turd.
>>
>>340204000
>>340204332
>>340204432
>>340206085
>>340207802
APPOLOGIZE
>>
>>340203786
everyday with this faggot
>>
File: 1464345232618.jpg (53 KB, 638x600) Image search: [Google]
1464345232618.jpg
53 KB, 638x600
>>340203907
>>
>>340203786
Sorry that you had to be such a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>340203786
Why apologize when I like you? If other people don't like you, fine by them, it's a free country.
>>
Im sorry you have such shit level design, boss designs, enemy placements, hit detection, story, and such a love for bastardizing the lore. 2 of your dlcs were ok to awesome and you have the better pvp in the series, but those are just little chucks of quality meat within a shit stew. I have literally never fallen asleep in the middle of a game until i played you
>>
>/v/ liked the game when it came out
>suddenly started hating it after the matthewmatosis video

You're all a bunch of drone retards
>>
>>340208536
don't forget pat from tbfp, people meme the shit out of him too
>>
It would be a good game if there was proper lighting and the gameplay didn't suck ass.

1) Lighting would cover up the absolutely disgraceful graphics - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-LgsWKWfGE

2) The gameplay is so bad. Animations are clunky and slow, combat is unresponsive and the hitboxes are terrible.
>>
>>340208536
It's not even a good video, its a retard explaining the story of one game he really likes and then the game he's criticizing is "so you do some stuff and whatever and you meet a king and do things who cares"
>>
>>340209025
this, he literally just reads out the plot of dark souls 2 and stops to say "for some reason", you could easily do the same thing for the plot in dark souls since you have no reason to do half the shit in the game other than the prophecy which you may not even care about

he criticises the pate and creighton story for happening offscreen then in his dark souls commentary praises it for having all the npc stuff happen off screen

also his criticism of multi enemy encounters is based entirely on the premise that dark souls combat is built around locking on to the enemy which you are never obligated to do, the game is actually very fun when you don't lock on
>>
File: 1454037476779.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1454037476779.webm
3 MB, 854x480
Yeah, no.
>>
I'm sorry people still to this day try to defend you by saying your combat/mechanics are better than the first even among all the other flaws when in reality you have shittier combat mechanics too, including a lack of cooldown cancelling, terrible hitboxes, and tracking to hilarious degrees
>>
>>340210363
FromSoft is dead to me if there's no Maldron the Assassin invader in the DaS3 DLCs.
>>
>the apologize meme

Just fuck off, I wasn't even on the "DaS2 sucks" bandwagon.
>>
>>340210472
WTF that's funny and also infuriating ass hell
>>
why

>color palette is shit
>lighting is shit
>some of the lore/bosses doesn't make any fucking sense
>poise doesn't work
>level design is fucked up
>animations look like shit
>NPCs are boring
>UI is shit
>SFX worse than in DeS
>worst OST in the series
>worst matchmaking mechanics in the series
>second worst covenants in the series
>worst rolling mechanics in the series
>>
>>340211102
We're talking about DaS2, not DaS3
>>
>>340211194
>color palette is shit
Dark environments with a little bit of orange/yellow. Perfectly fits the setting, looks really good.
>lighting is shit
I'll skip this one, Dark Souls 2 looks like Skyrim with turned off shadows.
>level design is fucked up
Dark Souls 3 has the best level design in the series.
>animations look like shit
Only BB has better animations than DaS3.
>NPCs are boring
Best NPCs in the series.
>UI is shit
Well, it doesn't look like something made in paint.
>SFX worse than in DeS
Only BB has better SFX than Dark Souls 3.
>worst OST in the series
Stop joking around
>worst matchmaking in the series
Nothing is worse than SM
>worst rolling mechanics in the series
A D P
D
P
>>
>>340211545
>Dark Souls 3 has the best level design in the series

Retard on the loose again, but that could sum up a massive majority of souls fans.
>>
>>340211701
Even if you don't think it's the best it's so vastly better compared to anything in DS2.
DS2 really is the worst
>>
>>340211772
I disagree, actually.
>>
>>340211701
says the retard who thinks that DaS2 has better level design.

Come on, tell me how good it is. Name three good DaS2 locations, faggot. DLC doesn't count.
>>
>>340211545
DaS3 has the worst matchmaking. Weapons reinforcement being part of what determines matchmaking is fucking stupid. At least with DaS2 I never had a problem finding invasions/summons.
>>
>>340211893
>name three good DaS2 locations
>except those ones otherwise my argument falls flat

Not even going there. Keep the blinders on for all I care.
>>
>>340210363
>try to cheese an encounter
>get btfo
>WAHHHHH WHY COULDNT I CHEAT

also doesn't help that you're wearing the meme predator set and using the meme fist.
>>
>>340211893
Lost Bastille
The Gutter (not Black Gulch which is trash)
FotFG

All SotFS version
>>
baka desu senpai
>>
>>340212315
Best post in this thread so far.
>>
File: 1465159555732.jpg (24 KB, 300x320) Image search: [Google]
1465159555732.jpg
24 KB, 300x320
I keep getting invaded by annying fucking NPC's in the middle battles that is just swarms of enemies.
I'm currently at Velstsadt, Is it worth to keep going because I'm really fucking close to dropping this game.
>>
>>340211989
It's preventing twinking, it's actually fucking awesome. It makes it impossible to encounter a SL1 fag with +10 Darksword.

>At least with DaS2 I never had a problem finding invasions/summons.
Yeah, in DaS2 you were matched with 838 fags after 100 hours of playing. And you couldn't join fightclubs. Or play with your friends. Or play with people on NG+.

>>340212014
Well, DLC is the only good thing about DaS2. Fuck off.

>>340212161
>Lost Bastille
I'll give you that one, but retarded suicide shortcut and the door with a skeleton behind it is fucking retarded. Also this retarded unnecessary door that requires a key.
>The Gutter
Please, it would be shit without the lighting. It's uninteresting, doesn't encourage exploration and relies on frustrating jumps.
>FotFG
Another good one. The only bad thing about it is the fact that it looks extremely shit.
>>
>>340203786
Sorry you and Ds3 turned out to be shit
>>
>>340212482
you're almost at the end. What NPCs?
>>
>>340211880
Okay then.
How is the DS2 level design not the worst? The enemy placement is terrible, often relying on huge groups of enemies, long ranged enemies you can't reach, or doing obnoxious things such as placing enemies in front of bonfires, the levels are either really linear or kind of a clusterfuck (black gulch VS drangleic castle), the transition from levels makes no sense half the time, and overall it's just sloppy. That's not even getting into the hilariously abundant bonfires and pointless shortcuts because of them.
>>
>>340212489
>it's uninteresting

Sums up DS3 in a nutshell.
>>
>>340212583
All the fuckers that keeps invading me. I guess it's a sotfs thing.
>>
>>340212720
>>340212482
>he lit the sconces
>when the NPC in the room before specifically said "human, do not produce light"
The actual madman.
>>
File: 1461265435910.gif (324 KB, 400x346) Image search: [Google]
1461265435910.gif
324 KB, 400x346
>>340212612
>Lothric
>Untended Graves
>Grand Archives
>Cathedral of the Deep
>Irithyll
>uninteresting
>>
>>340212489
I disagree that FotFG is good. It's better than a lot of the levels but it's kind of all over the place and has the DS2 problem of really relying on big groups of enemies for every single combat encounter.
>>
>>340212871
>cathedral level
>cathedral level
>cathedral level
>cathedral level
>cathedral level

W E W
>>
>>340208102
Fuck off
>>
File: das2.jpg (57 KB, 470x278) Image search: [Google]
das2.jpg
57 KB, 470x278
>>340203786

i liked it

i like it better than 3 in some ways
>>
>>340212871
>>Lothric
>le ebin meme castle with dragons???? and copy pasted enemies from earlier in the game and one of the laziest and most uninspired boss fights in the game (which is saying a lot because there are only 2 good bosses in the first place)
>>Untended Graves
>the starter zone copied and pasted but DUDE DARKNESS EVERYWHERE SO SICKDARK WOAH
>>Grand Archives
>dukes archives with an extra floor and a shitty rooftop section with copy pasted enemies from earlier in the game
>>Cathedral of the Deep
>literally the grand archives except without books
>>Irithyll
>a straight line. but DUDE ANOR LONDO LMAO
>>
>>340212489
>t's uninteresting, doesn't encourage exploration and relies on frustrating jumps.
U wat mate?

Did you know there's a hidden floor in the building before you get invaded by Melinda with a mimic that drops a piece of the Dark Armor set?

Did you know that if you light all the torches in the area, you get a special invasions which gives you a helmet preventing curse?

Did you know that you can get all the way back up to the original bonfire before the drop to the second bonfire by using the zipline all the way on top and jump on the building right after the bonfire bridge?

There's a bunch of stuff you can do in the Gutter that I find pretty fun imo.
>>
>>340212878
The best things about it are optional pursuer encounter, clever traps (like spear wielding enemies in tight corridors), wall shortcut and possible use of the barrels to get rid of the multiple enemies.

>>340212976
Are you retarded?
>>
File: 1464908706663.jpg (12 KB, 403x360) Image search: [Google]
1464908706663.jpg
12 KB, 403x360
>>340203786

I'm sorry anon. I'm deeply sorry I spent £20 on this piece of shit.
>>
>>340212590
>huge groups of enemies
2 dudes is huge groups of enemies now? Unless you're sprinting like someone with brain damage, you never get more enemies than you can deal with if you have basic eye-hand coordination
>long ranged enemies you can't reach
Use a long range weapon or duck for cover, you know. Challenge, in a souls game? Perish the thought.
>the transition from levels makes no sense half the time
I put that one on the whole travelling an entire kingdom so yeah you're going to see some change of scenery, and you're losing your marbles on the way because of the curse so you can't remember half the shit you travelled through. Also, console limitations.
>hilariously abundant bonfires and pointless shortcuts
Only DS1 and BB get that one right.
>>
When are you going to stop making this thread?
>>
>>340212064
Knocking enemies off the edge is hardly cheesing.

Now abusing their aggro range is cheesing.
>>
File: 1457823930869.png (509 KB, 473x468) Image search: [Google]
1457823930869.png
509 KB, 473x468
>>340213332

Also sorry for missing my quads, God fucking damn it!
>>
>>340213492
It's all forgiven if you kill yourself as soon as possible.
>>
>>340212161
I feel like the level design due to the environment in DaS2 is pretty good compared to DaS3, but the problem is the enemies. If you put less annoying enemies in Iron Keep for example, it would be a pretty fun area as there's already a bunch of interesting stuff due to the environment imo.
>>
>>340213248
>Lost Bastille
>le ebin meme bastle with undead???? and one of the laziest and most uninspired boss fights in the game (which is saying a lot because there are none of good bosses in the first place)
>The Gutter
>same platforms copypasted everywhere but DUDE DARKNESS EVERYWHERE SO SICKDARK WOAH
>FotFG
>literally undead burg except with green shit everywhere

Here you go, something on your level.

Anyway - I meant Lothric as the whole Castle, both lower and upper section. It's great as a whole. Also calling Twin Princes lazy or uninspired is retarded, it's literally one of the best bosses in the franchise.

>dukes archives with an extra floor and a shitty rooftop section with copy pasted enemies from earlier in the game

Where can I find Scholars earlier in the game? I'd like to get their daggers for my newest build.

>literally the grand archives except without books
There's not a single similarity.

>a straight line. but DUDE ANOR LONDO LMAO
>most vertical location ever
>>
>>340203786
But I love, love, LOVE Dark Souls 2!
Especially as a caster.
>>
>people saying DaS2 is bad
Daily reminder that these are the same people who started playing souls when the prepare to die edition released for PC.

From veterans liked the game, after all Naotoshi zin was the head of the design team.
>>
>>340213779

ruin sentinels is a fun boss fight imo
>>
>>340213259
>Did you know there's a hidden floor in the building before you get invaded by Melinda with a mimic that drops a piece of the Dark Armor set?
No, does that happen in the vanilla game? I spent over 600 hours in it and it never happened.

>Did you know that if you light all the torches in the area, you get a special invasions which gives you a helmet preventing curse?
No. Again, I played vanilla and I lit all the torches.

>Did you know that you can get all the way back up to the original bonfire before the drop to the second bonfire by using the zipline all the way on top and jump on the building right after the bonfire bridge?
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That was pretty fucking awesome, especially during invasions.
>>
>>340212489
>Also this retarded unnecessary door that requires a key.
What door are you talking about? The one when you come from the Flexile Sentry path? I think it's a good idea. You get the key before the Ruin Sentinels boss fight, so you can completely skip that boss if you want when you come from the Flexile Sentry. However, if you skip the Ruin Sentinels, you can't get the key that lights the torches giving more lock-on range during the Lost Sinner boss fight. Plus, you have to take the more dangerous path before the Lost Sinner boss fight in the water instead of the safe spots above on the sides.
>>
>Level Design
DS1>>>DS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS2

This is objective fact for the base games not including DLC since DS3 doesn't have DLC yet.
>>
>>340213904
and Miyazaki-san was the supervisor for the whole project.
>>
>>340213904
>From veterans liked the game, after all Naotoshi zin was the head of the design team.

Tell me more
>>
>>340214040
Wow, you got your arrows all wrong.
>>
>>340213938
>implying it's not lazy

Literally copypasted three armored dudes who then get copypasted x8 in Drangleic Castle. It's definitely more lazy and uninspired than two princes with their own OST, great looking moveset, original design, fun as fuck weapons to get, good voiceacting and interesting dialogue.

>>340213989
I'm talking about the one near the blacksmith.
>>
>>340214040

all 3 das2 dlcs were goat
>>
>>340213350
>2 dudes is huge groups of enemies now? Unless you're sprinting like someone with brain damage, you never get more enemies than you can deal with if you have basic eye-hand coordination
No, you often get 3+ difficult enemies aggroing all at the same time even if you try to kite them separately, and the combat mechanics, especially in 2, really aren't designed for fighting multiple strong enemies at once. You basically ahve to turtle and dodge until every single enemy attacks at once so you're safe to poke them a little since you can't cancel combat animations (including cooldown in 2!) and rolls are slow. This happens in basically every level. In comparison, Bloodborne makes you fight big groups of enemies all the time but those mechanics are made for it so it's much better.
>Use a long range weapon or duck for cover, you know. Challenge, in a souls game? Perish the thought.
And are you really defending shit like Shrine of Amana? That's not challenge, that's just obnoxious. Yeah you can just pick them all off with a bow but it's not particularly fun or engaging gameplay, and it definitely isn't a good challenge.
>I put that one on the whole travelling an entire kingdom so yeah you're going to see some change of scenery, and you're losing your marbles on the way because of the curse so you can't remember half the shit you travelled through. Also, console limitations.
If the transitions were meant to simulate losing your marbles then they did a really shit job. And console limitations? Really? Fucking DS1 and Demon's Souls were fine in this regard. You didn't magically ride elevators into nonexistent volcanoes or suddenly teleport to lighthouses.
>Only DS1 and BB get that one right.
No, Demon's also had great use of checkpoints and shortcuts. The series started with this style of design that they completely threw out the window in 2 because they had no idea what they were doing.
And I haven't played 3 yet but from what I've seen it's still better than 2.
>>
>>340214040
I prefer the far more varied Dark Souls 2 areas even if they are not as well made.
DSIII felt soo fucking small and short
>>
>>340214349

it sounds like you've never gotten gud
>>
>>340203786
I'm sorry you fucked the lighting so bad and the game overall looked ugly
I'm sorry you had to rearrange all the areas halfway through development and now the map makes no sense
I'm sorry your animations looked like shit
I'm sorry I can't apparently climb over a tiny bit of rubble
I'm sorry you had that stupid shit controller deadzone crap
I'm sorry that I spent money on this game
I'm sorry these threads are even made anymore
>>
>>340212590
now i know you just suck ass at the game
>>
>>340214431
I feel like they should have given more time to Dark Souls 3, it felt so short compared to 1 and 2.
>>
>>340214207
People say this all the time but I felt like the DLCs had a lot of issues the base game had as well, such as an over-reliance on big groups of enemies and everything being humanoid knight enemies and all that. The level design was better but enemy placement was still not the best.
Not to mention Fume Knight and Sir Alonne were more fucking big dudes in armor with weapons. I sure love fighting Lost Sinner again and again. How does anyone think Fume Knight was a good boss?
>>
>>340211102
>>color palette is shit
At least it has color, which is more than I can say for a game that /v/ likes to fellate (*cooooough*DS3*hackingcough*)
>>
>>340214201
>I'm talking about the one near the blacksmith.
Well, not everyone is gonna know that wall explosion happens. When you come from the Flexile Sentry side, the guy pushing the barrel down makes it explode on a wall on the side instead, so you would have to come from the bonfire after the giant crow transports you to find that out. Also, even if you come from the giant crow path, you can always fuck up the barrel push.
>>
>>340214548
>>340214501
>Have no counter to the arugment
>LOL U JUST SUCK GIT GUD
Fuck off, I beat DS2 fine. It's just badly designed compared to all the other games.
DS2 apologists are the worst.
>>
>>340214349
>And are you really defending shit like Shrine of Amana, the zone where just before you get a +2 magic defense ring, where you can parry spells with half a million of the shields? Or use a bow if you aren't memeing a melee build only

Yes, sort of.

>And I haven't played 3 yet
From what you're telling, you apparently haven't played DS2, which is confirming that you're memeing, so you'll love the droves of enemies DS3 throws at you throughout most levels, most of which have almost unlimited stamina.
>>
>>340214682

dodging range attacks is easy as fuck, you don't even have to look at the projectile to dodge it you just use your fucking ears
>>
Why does it take so fucking long to estus in this game?
Why isn't my rolls working?
>>
>>340213779
>most vertical location ever
That would be Grand Archives or Research Halls. Irithyll is flat as fuck.
>>
>>340214550
you might want to replay Dark Souls 1 because it's just as short as 3

2 is definitely the longest though
>>
>>340213350
>2 dudes is huge groups of enemies now?
explain three bombing knights near the ironclad soldier with barrels everywhere and two sleeping swordsmen nearby
>Use a long range weapon or duck for cover, you know. Challenge, in a souls game? Perish the thought.
How to fucking duck for cover if you're literally getting bombed 24/7 by three guys?
>you're losing your marbles on the way because of the curse so you can't remember half the shit you travelled through. Also, console limitations.
What the fuck? What the literal fuck? Is that how you're trying to explain something like taking an elevator to the mountains with lava? Or going under a castle to see a castle from the distance?

>>340214593
>DaS3 doesn't have color meme
Even Undead Settlement has some orange, which perfectly fits the setting. I'd rather have more locations with subtle colors than rainbow vomit all over the screen like Black Gulch, Iron Keep, Shrine of Amana or this poison shit after Skeleton Lords.
>>
>>340214854
I actually like the slow chugging, it stops being such a big crutch in combat.
>>
>>340203786
Still the worst Souls game.
>>
>>340214559
>Not to mention Fume Knight and Sir Alonne were more fucking big dudes in armor with weapons. I sure love fighting Lost Sinner again and again. How does anyone think Fume Knight was a good boss?
By that logic, how does anyone think Dragonslayer Armour is a good boss?
>>
I liked them all for different reasons.
>>
>>340214871
Okay, I fucked up

But I love how Irithyll is a true city with its elevators, stairs and shit beyond and under it (Anor Londo, Profaned Capital)
>>
>>340214781
>>340214828
No, I actually clocked in quite a few hours and multiple playthroughs into DS2. It's still an alright game, just not as good as the others.
Look, enemy spam isn't good design. It's stupid, lazy, bad design at its finest. It's not the fact that it's hard, which is what you people seem to think my complaints are about. It's just the fact that all they did was copy paste those dumb sorceresses like 5 times and call it a day. Fuck that shit. That's not interesting. That's not well crafted challenge. That's trash design.
When the game first came out, I immediately knew what to do against them. I got my bow, and I sniped them all. I actually never had problems in Amana. That doesn't mean it's good design.
>>
>>340214994
http://www.strawpoll.me/10097196/
>>
>>340214964
>explain one bombing knight near the ironclad soldier

Fixed that for you. Unless you're talking about the courtyard near the ballista (so 2 bombing knights, then), in which case, bait the ironclad with a knife. Wow, so hard I know.
>>
>>340214550
The base game of DS1 is just as short. IIRC DS1 only has about 2 or 3 more bosses and both games can be beat in 30-40 hours.
>>
File: 1464953160663.jpg (62 KB, 428x410) Image search: [Google]
1464953160663.jpg
62 KB, 428x410
>>340212590
>The enemy placement is terrible, often relying on huge groups of enemies, long ranged enemies you can't reach, or doing obnoxious things such as placing enemies in front of bonfires
>That's not even getting into the hilariously abundant bonfires and pointless shortcuts because of them.
I thought we were talking about DS2, not 3.
>>
>>340214559
half the bosses in 3 are big dudes in armour with weapons
>>
>>340215101
By your argument, Undead Burg is trash because it copy pastes hollow soldiers seemingly at random too. That's not interesting either.
>>
>>340215101

but what you're saying is 'trash design' applies to pretty much every video game

do you actually like any games?
>>
>>340215113
near the giant tree.
>>
>>340215237
"Big dudes in armour with weapons" are the best bosses in all souls games.
>>
>>340215237
If you count Dancer, Vordt, Yhorm, Watchers, Nameless King or Princes "big dudes in armor with weapons" you should off yourself.
>>
>>340215101
So what's good enemy design? Enemies with infinite stamina that get stunlocked to death in DaS3? Enemies with easy movesets, but take almost no damage like the Titanite Demons or the Black Knights in DaS1, so it's just a drag to fight them?
>>
>>340212871
>monochrome brown
>monochrome gray
>monochrome blue
>interesting
At least Quake had the excuse of being made in 1996.
>>
File: 1464831657088.jpg (279 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1464831657088.jpg
279 KB, 1280x960
>>340203786
I am sorry DK2, having fun in covenant of champions again.

Not that I disliked DK3 not at all, but the reaction was so poisonous. Iam sorry.

I should also finish Shadow Tower Abyss.
>>
>>340215237
Never played it so I wouldn't know. But if so, that's a little disappointing. But what I've seen from 3 the core mechanics look far closer to 1 so hopefully the gameplay is at least better and you don't beat them all by circle strafing a 3-hit combo or a big overhead attack and then attacking twice until they die.
>>
>>340215237
No they're not. If you count bosses like Dancer, Abyss Watchers, and Gundyr as "big dudes in armor with weapons" then you're retarded.
>>
>>340203786
I stopped playing this game after ten mins because i couldn't handle how it controlled you move your controller just a tiny bit and your character does this chanky ass walk thats further than you wanted and takes longer to finish than necessary, feels different compared to DeS1 and 3
>>
>>340215502
Who said anything about enemy design? This is all about enemy placement. They're different.
But if we wanna go down the enemy design road too then DS2 has bad, same-y enemy design as well.
>>
>>340215376
>>
>>340215763
and Gwyn, and Asterix&Obelix, and Allant, and Garl Vinland, and lmao3sent, and Fume, and Alonne, and Gherman, etc etc.
>>
>>340215237
What's wrong with that? Do you want more variety like devils and monsters?
>>
I'm sorry actually knowledged, experienced and intelligent gamers hate your guts.
>>
>>340216032
>Dark Souls 2 is forgettable.

I remember it very well actually
>>
File: 1446668936518.jpg (34 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1446668936518.jpg
34 KB, 320x240
Thanks DS2 for giving me and my friends a hella fun time!
>>
>>340216032
>using steam reviews as arguments

W E W
>>
File: BqfxBX1CMAEtHuG.jpg (28 KB, 594x326) Image search: [Google]
BqfxBX1CMAEtHuG.jpg
28 KB, 594x326
So can we all agree that DaS1 was a stroke of luck? They haven't even come close to replicating the greatness that was the first half of the game in three attempts, did they fire someone crucial?
>>
>>340215270
>>340215275
No, that's not the same. It's not the fact that they use the enemy a lot, it's the fact they concentrate very large amounts of the enemy in one location where it just becomes a pain to deal with. Like the 4-5 sorceresses at the end of Amana, or that room in the Bastille where you open the door and there's like 6 soldiers that all gather at you instantly. Shit like that. It feels really lazy.
Like yeah the Burg's got a lot of hollows but they're pretty well spaced out and they're placed better. It does have big ambush groups but they're generally hanging off edges or have an element of surprise to them, and the big groups are really trash mobs that all die in one or two hits and get stunned from anything. You generally only fight two or three of the stronger soldier hollow at once.
And hey DS1 isn't immune to this by any means. Lost Izalith anyone? It's just that when DS1 usually threw big groups at you they were trash mobs that staggered/died easily, but when 2 does it it can be anything and they oftern aggro all at the same time so you can't finish them off 1 by 1.
>>
>tfw fucking up and putting a a Grand Lance to +7
>mfw realizing it's decent but nowhere near what I need going forward

And then I got my shit together and upgraded a Zweihander and a Blacksteel Katana to +7 and murderated the Old Iron King. This first run is going well enough.
>>
>>340216279
>DaS1 was a stroke of luck

A half-stroke of luck, that was memed to hell and back and spawned one of the most despicable fanbases apart from ponies.
>>
Dark Souls 3 feels like a souls game.
Dark Souls 2 does not - but it's still a decent game.
>>
File: 1296376178830.jpg (20 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
1296376178830.jpg
20 KB, 241x230
>>340216032
Never link steam reviews when making a point.
>>
File: 1401509485409.png (470 KB, 558x624) Image search: [Google]
1401509485409.png
470 KB, 558x624
>>340216279
>>340216442
>Forgetting Demon's Souls
I really hate how popular this series has gotten
>>340216521
This.
DS2 feels like a fangame honestly. It's a pretty good fangame, but it's nowhere near as good as the source material. It really doesn't even feel like part of the same series, just a pale imitation
>>
File: 1462125575674.jpg (334 KB, 1114x810) Image search: [Google]
1462125575674.jpg
334 KB, 1114x810
>>340216279
Thats a bit of a hyperbole. Except for the fanbase.

All of From fantasy games have the same weird ambiguous feeling to the game world. And I enjoyed them all.

Of all of them I would say Demon impressed me much more than Dark Souls. just because it was fresh.
From needs to take the game to the next level. For me it would emphasising adventuring aspects, like better platforming, more places like sens fortress, go crazy.
>>
>>340216382
>the 4-5 sorceresses at the end of Amana
that you can graciously ignore by walking past them like they weren't even there
>that room in the Bastille preceded by a thin passage that screams "funnel them bitches" and there's like 6 soldiers that gather at you if you tried aggroing the ones in the lower section of the room otherwise it's 3 swordsmen at best
>>
>>340216032
most of that review is completely subjective
>>
>>340216521
I'd say DaS3 and BB feel like "neo-Souls" while DaS1 and DeS still feel like Souls. DaS2 is pretty much its own thing, but its roots are a lot like DeS.
>>
>>340216726
You can ignore pretty much every enemy unless they're directly in the way. That still doesn't make it good design.
>>
>>340216914
Good point.
>>
>>340216826
most reviews are completely subjective
>>
>>340211102
>some of the lore/bosses doesn't make any fucking sense

I havne't played DaS2 yet, and I keep seeing this.

Would someone give some examples? I know Ornstein shows up for some reason.
>>
>>340216691
i actually haven't played demon souls, but yeah, if instead of super mario maker we had dark souls maker, DaS2 would belong there
>>
>>340217085
The lore is solid if a bit nebulous. Ornstein being there is completely weird and out of place though.
>>
>>340217283
The nameless king is heide
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 800x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 800x470
>>340203786
Sorry that you had to be such a shit game Dark Souls 2 :'^(

There
>>
>>340217179
>if instead of super mario maker we had dark souls maker
Why did they still not do something like that? All the repeated textures and assets everywhere in all the Souls games makes it look easy to just do your own levels with a Dev Kit.
>>
>>340203786
I'm sorry I enjoyed you more than DS3. You were a fun challenge like DS1, rather than the cheap, Battletoads-esque teeth-gnashing tedium that was 3.
>>
>>340217558
>phoneposter
pottery
>>
>>340216268
>>340216573
>>340216826
Peter "TheManko" Hasselstrom is proven to be one of the foremost authorities on gaming, though.
>>
>>340217717
Nice argumentdude
>>
>>340217432
What if Heide's Tower of Flame is actually.....

Anor Londo?
>>
>>340217815
go to bed, swede.
>>
>>340212590
Not only the placement but also the theming is out of wack. In the pirate cove you fight ..... skeletons? pirates? No you fight vikings. And in the Bastille you fight mummies. Also the armor design of every knight makes the lelder scrolls armors look realistic.
>>
>>340217874
Thank you.
>>
>>340218010
>vikings aren't pirates
>>
>>340217882
HOLY SHIT IT IS!!!! IN DAS 3 Aldrich dreamt of the age of the big blue sea GODDAMN THE LORE IS REAL
>>
>>340217882
>Level named after the lighthouse
>Never fucking climb the lighthouse
I'm still mad. You go through the bottom but never go to the top? Come on
>>
>>340218351
It's sad how that area is one of the best looking in the game yet has nothing really in it.
>>
>>340218053
Now Apologize for liking Dark Souls 2
>>
I feel like DaS3 has a lot of potential if they actually bother to patch it. It still bothers me that they made a lot of mistakes in DaS3 that they made in earlier entries, but I'll get over it.

Overall, DaS is still the best souls game in my mind. DaS2 PvP really wasn't that bad either toward the end of its life.
>>
>>340218727
Only if you Stop Writing like a German.
>>
>>340210363
Reminds me of a gif from the game's release of a guy dying to a giant sword... that wasn't anywhere near him.
>>
File: 1448143467515.jpg (8 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
1448143467515.jpg
8 KB, 316x202
>>340212482
>it's a Forlorn invasion episode

I'd love to walk 10 steps without being invaded by him. Fuck off already
>>
File: image.png (381 KB, 506x746) Image search: [Google]
image.png
381 KB, 506x746
Honestly DS2 was pretty good.
>By far the biggest game.
>larger weapon selection than DS1 without having a ton of copy pasted movesets like DS3.
>Best movement, especially with ADP being a thing.
>Best implementation of weight limits.
>Biggest roster of none boss enemies as well as bosses.
>Unlike DS3 it doesnt have any elements of Bloodborne like repeated 180° swipes that your almost supposed to hit by.

It might not be a perfect game, it has the worst level design and a higher number of low quality areas and bosses, but it's still easily the 3rd best Souls game right behind DS1 and DeS.
>>
>>340219668
yeah it had good content, but it was so spread out and you had to go trough so much shit to get to it that in the end it made no difference at all.
>>
File: dork souls.png (50 KB, 158x158) Image search: [Google]
dork souls.png
50 KB, 158x158
my reaction
>>
>>340218818
What Does That Even Mean???
>>
>>340219668
>Best movement
Fuck no. Adaptability is terrible, you can't cancel cooldown anymore so even fast attacks have a ton of lag, there's only two roll speeds thanks to said adaptability and neither are as fast as fast rolls in the other games, there's a bit of delay...
The movement's one of the worst parts about DS2
>>
>>340203786

Okay

Sorry Dark Souls 2, but you're still the worst game in the series and I still regret paying full price for your sorry ass.

How's that, OP?
>>
>>340211880
Can't we agree to disagree? Level design is an art, and not a science. Subject to interpretation by the player. My interpretation is DS2 design is poopy.
>>
>>340220240
Fine. I disagree, but will defend to the death etc.
>>
>>340219668
>Unlike DS3 it doesnt have any elements of Bloodborne like repeated 180° swipes that your almost supposed to hit by.

You're right, it has 360 tracking attacks instead
>>
File: 1418335938812.jpg (1 MB, 2302x3493) Image search: [Google]
1418335938812.jpg
1 MB, 2302x3493
>>340214064
The problem with DaS2 is that it changed directors midway through development. Shibuya directed the game at first but he stepped down (or was fired,I don't know) because From didn't like the way the game was heading. Tanimura then took over and tried to salvage what he could but by using already existing assets, because release was just months away. This is why there were things like the iron keep transition.
The DLCs were made from scratch and they turned out to be great areas.

Naotoshi Zin was the guy who developed the King's Field games and he was also the guy who founded the company. Dark Souls 2 was the only Souls / Bloodborne game he was involved into, and there were more references to King's Field in DaS2 than in the other games.

There were many stuff like this in the Design Works of the game.

It's also interesting that Miyazaki rewarded Tanimura and made him co-director of DaS3, which means that he approved of the job he did in DaS2.
>>
>>340208536
/v/ hated it when it came out, where were you? It was nonstop threads on horrible enemy placements, bad bossfights for a minimal few, and soul memory being the worst thing ever.
>>
File: 1457911820426.jpg (16 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1457911820426.jpg
16 KB, 500x322
>mfw one of my biggest complaints about DS2 was that almost every boss was just some guy in armor and then DS3 came out and all of my favorite bosses from it are guys in armor
>>
>>340220969
>complaining about "guys in armour"
Man, you must just hate Medieval warfare.
>>
>>340220775
The 360 tracking attacks aren't as bad as people say they are. Bloodborne is far worse when you compare unfair bullshit movesets.
>>
>>340203786
>>340203907
Every time. You make this thread on a regular basis, and one of the first few post is "for what?" or "I don't need to apologize." Please stop making these threads.
>>
>>340221316
I think he just wanted more gaping dragon and capra demon's than knights.
>>
>>340203786
I played DaS2 right after BB which was my first before playing the others. I hated it. I had nothing to really compare it to and i still hated it.
>Crap fucking bosses outside of a few DLC ones and Smelter/Vesdalt maybe were okay
>Areas past the first 4 or so became lazy boring and not memorable in the least
>Lore was okay
>Core gameplay felt better then DaS1 was when i played it but its still really shit since rolls invincibility are tied to a stat and most enemies/bosses are boring as shit
>Lightning was terrible as fuck.

DaS2 was a fucking terrible game. I'll never understand those "its a bad Souls game but better then most" people. Your most must be really fucking bad. But then again besides BB i think all the other Souls games are mediocre to solid outside of DaS2 being terrible.

I'll never understand the praise for this series. Most bosses are actually really bad gameplay wise and most areas late game are crappy. At its core the gameplay even in BB/DaS3 is just a poor mans action game.
>>
>>340209025
>I'll intentionally misrepresent the entire video! That'll show 'em!
>>
>>340210363
Its so fucking bizarre to me that its Dark Souls 2 that does this but the rest don't have it as severe. What happened?
>>
>>340220969
The problem with DS2 is they also all fought the same way. They all had a 3 hit combo, an overhead smash, a thrusting gap closer/grab attack (with a ridiculously horrible hitbox), and maybe a quick get-off me sweep attack. Quite a few of them also had a jump attack, a special buff attack, and a ranged attack. They're basically the exact same fight with a tiny difference here and there.
Smelter Demon, Pursuer, Lost Sinner, Dragonrider, Throne Watcher/Defender, Ruin Sentinels, Looking Glass Knight, Velstdalt, even King Vendrick is kinda like a really slow version of this. They all have one or two gimmick but their core moveset is really similar, so they all feel same-y. It doesn't help that a lot of basic enemies have a similar moveset too.
And then the DLC adds Fume Knight, Sir Alonne, and the Burnt Iron King, who at least has a cool set-up.
>>340221507
The tracking attacks are absolutely fucking ridiculous, are you kidding? It makes overhead and thrust attacks really stupid.
Also, NPC invaders will track you during their jump attacks, which is both really frustrating and hilarious.
>>
>>340221648
>bb faggots
worst kind of cancer there is
>>
>>340221694
If you want a good video, have this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9jrShSwjPU
>>
File: 5901077040_b043367994_z.jpg (57 KB, 589x426) Image search: [Google]
5901077040_b043367994_z.jpg
57 KB, 589x426
No, it has skeley abuse
>>
>>340203786
Why?
>>
I still think the same. Interesting ideas, uneven execution, resulting in a game I find a some good highs, but some big lows. Overall I prefer DS1 as a more complete package. And I prefer both to DS3 (which is still a decent game, but in my opinion jumped the shark in how much it circumvented space - especially via shortcuts - and became about bosses more than topology).
>>
>>340221864
Don't give up, skeleton!
>>
>>340221820
I'm sorry. Souls gameplay besides DaS3 was not challenging to me and felt slow for the sake of it. Like i could only land 1-2 hits on most bosses before i had to pull off because if i did more they'd hit me in my recovery frames despite taking a big hit to the face before hand.

It felt slow purposely and bosses felt like nothing more they highly telegraphed bait and punish simulators. BB of course can be played like that same as DaS3 but there are far more weapons/ways to go in on shit well being on top of it and dodging/attacking consistently

DeS/DaS/DaS2 are slow boring games where the world/level design are their only saving graces for me to even play them. The face base that hypes up the difficulty of this series should also be shot. Saying these games are notably hard is basically admitting you haven't played jack shit.
>>
>>340222145

I fail to understand the "besides DS3" to be honest, given I personally think it's probably the easiest.

It's the only one for which I could do a level one run for one.

>It felt slow purposely and bosses felt like nothing more they highly telegraphed bait and punish simulators.

Agreed and that's a plus in my opinion. Whether by intent or accident, DS1 felt more about the place, the levels taken as a whole and their interconnections. On micro level, It had a feeling reminiscent of old arcade games in that you needed to master the whole level, on a macro level, it felt like those old computer RPGs that focused on exploration and preparation.

It was a slow, methodical game, and I do find having the teleport from the start for DS2/3 was a big disservice to those games, for one.

Your mileage may vary obviously.
>>
>>340221838
Pretty good video. Doesn't mean that Matthew's video has to be misrepresented.
>>
sorry
>>
File: image.png (334 KB, 601x338) Image search: [Google]
image.png
334 KB, 601x338
>>340222145
Bloodborne faggots aren't the worst because their game is faster, they're the worst because they use a subjective thing like the "feel" of the game to justify BBs issues.

I'm sure you've heard them all before because you seem like a deluded shill but there's one I want you to acknowledge and defend.
The biggest issue I have with BB is the way the bosses are balanced. Every single fight is against a boss with a low health pool and an enormous damage output. Every single fight is bash your head against this wall until you manage to scum it out because you only have to scum it out once. This isn't an issue I noticed with the other souls games until I played DS3. When I finally got around to playing BB I understood where it came from.
>>
File: 1461835674521.jpg (312 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1461835674521.jpg
312 KB, 1600x900
>try playing DaS 3 with a whip
>slow, low damage, makes up for this with range
>but the average enemy has greater reach than a spear and faster
>can't trade because enemy only poise
>every attack in the whips combos has inconsistent range, with the seconds strike missing what the first hit
>switch to a chaos corivan scythe
>scythes can randomly drop combolock after the first hit instead of third, causing enemies to tween from a hit animation to an attack animation
>A/A chaos scaling is lower than A/A quality with equal stat investment
>pyromancy variety endgame is Vestiges or Chaos Fireball, everything else is a waste of FP

My first play through of DaS 3 was complete suffering compared to my katana/straight sword friends.

I want straid to return.
>>
>>340222830
True.
>>
>>340224267
Why would you ever use the whip in any souls game
>>
File: rosabeth&straid.png (129 KB, 1113x1173) Image search: [Google]
rosabeth&straid.png
129 KB, 1113x1173
>>340224267
Straid can suck a dick.
>>
>>340224759

Castlevania run!
>>
>>340224759

I liked the Threaded Cane in BB
>>
>>340206298

This. Still the best. Already tired of Shit Souls 3.
>>
File: 1454903674687.png (243 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
1454903674687.png
243 KB, 500x442
>>340224759
I wanted to become the Belmont, but whips are dogshit and offensive miracles are just as bad. I was hoping after they were PvE viable in DaS2 From had learned to make them not shit.

>>340224948
He just wants you to quit being so Feeble anon.
>>
>>340225608
Offensive miracles are godly when you invest in them. I have one coop character, 60 FTH, ring of the sun's firstborn, morne's ring, that ring that boosts attack at full health and the lightning clutch ring. Cooping at champion gundyr, every sunlight spear does about 1300 damage
Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.