[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFXII Remaster Coming 2017
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
X and XII are quite literally my wife and I's favorite FF games, we were hyped when X got a remaster and we are beyond hyped that now this one is. Not to mention it seems to be a remaster of the IZJS edition which I never had the chance to play before. Time to sink another 150+ hours into this game...

http://nerdist.com/final-fantasy-xii-remaster-for-ps4-confirmed-for-western-release-in-2017/
>>
>>340196332
XII is garbage though
>>
>>340197754

Great world, Fun hunts, entertaining storyline...

How is it garbage?
>>
>>340198384
bad combat system
>>
>>340198669

I guess if you feel that way. I really enjoyed the combat. Much preferred more live combat over constantly going into a new screen for a battle.
>>
File: ub1smht.jpg (43 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
ub1smht.jpg
43 KB, 400x350
>>340197754
>>340198669

FFXII's combat system is the only one I really enjoyed and didn't run from every battle.
>>
>>340199621

I'm glad I'm not the only on who likes XII. I liked the combat systems in the other FF games too, don't get me wrong, but there was just something about this one that felt comfy.

In any case, it would be nice if /v/ could get over bitching about little things in games and just enjoy playing them. So many posts these days are just hating on a whole game over one particular aspect just because it wasn't perfect.
>>
>>340200292

It's hard to describe but the combat felt more like I was really in some sort of combat on an adventure than everyone lined up taking turns. I also really liked the job system and being able to really customize characters into different roles of my choice.

The way battles operated added a level of strategy not present in other FF titles as well, IMO. When I fought that forest dragon that poisons everyone I set up gambits to quickly heal/antidote everyone and throughout the fight kept switching between the characters to position them apart at N, S, E, W, to minimize who got hit by his cone attack. It felt like battling a raid boss in an MMO. Probably the most fun I've ever had in a FF game.
>>
>>340201315

I think that's a good way to put it. Some of those hard bosses like Yiazmat and Omega Mk XII were an absolute blast to fight. Totally agree on the raid boss feel.
>>
File: 1454308983191.jpg (291 KB, 788x490) Image search: [Google]
1454308983191.jpg
291 KB, 788x490
>>340196332
>Fran's ass with normal mapping + enhanced models and textures
me gusta
>>
>>340202479

A whole new crop of HD Final Fantasy 34. Glorious.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.