[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>City where you are required to work for a living and not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: rendition1.img.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rendition1.img.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
>City where you are required to work for a living and not be a parasite to society at everyone else's expenses

How is this "dystopian"?
>>
MUH INDIVIDUALITY
IVE READ 1984 AND CLOUD ATLAS IN HIGHSCHOOK SO IM REDPILLED
>>
>>340195429
The government needs to provide me money for doing absolutely nothing you capitalist pig.
>>
kek, "muh minimum wage"
>>
>>340195429
More like required to work a crappy job or be imprisoned.
>>
>an imagined place or state in which everything is unpleasant or bad
Definitely sounds like Catalyst to me
>>
>>340196080
A crappy job? They seem to have high standards of living and everyone has a comfy tertiary sector job.
>>
>>340195703

Loving this "but MY job won't be automated" meme
>>
>>340196227
When did I imply that? And if you're talking about minimum wage shit, it's not suppose to be a permanent possition.
>>
>>340196227
How does your job being automated justify you stealing from other people through welfare?
>>
>>340196193
Well I haven't played the game yet so I'm just going by what I saw from the previews but I'm sure you're seeing the affluent part of the city, also everything is clean and "nice" because the City is a police state where any sign of rebellion or freedom of expression is crushed.
>>
>>340196392

The government, or someone, will eventually have to give away free money or a new system will have to rise when automation becomes more commonplace

>>340196448

>dat rhetoric

But ok, see above
>>
>>340196496
I'm not sure if freedom of expression is outright prohibited. Surely those billboards and pieces of art are all considered some artist's and architecture's "expression". I think the game begins with Faith getting out of jail and being told she has to find a job in 15 days or she'll go to prison again.

Haven't seen the "bad" side of the city. Everything seems clean and shiny, even the streets.
>>
>>340196642
Then go to fucking school and get a better job. Better yet, don't have 8 kids by the time you're 20 so you don't have to take shit jobs to support them.
>>
>>340196928

Most people can't afford to go to college without various forms of social welfare (not talking about food stamps). Today, they could get a great job as a welder making enough money to be upper middle class, but 10, 15, 20 years from now they can't. What happens when 47% of jobs are automated?
>>
>>340196757
Yeah I mean more any type of expression which does not agree with the City's beliefs is prohibited, definitely no criticizing of the system seems to be allowed, not sure if you played the original game but the whole theme of ME was that people sold their freedom for security, the city is all white and clean but sterile seemingly devoid of any life, the City kinda speaks without words yeah it doesn't seem like they nailed this as well in this new game everything is just glossy and sharply designed and lit up definitely not like the original.
>>
>>340196227
it would basically be economic suicide if it were adopted en-mass without the government instating some kind of universal income.
>>
>>340197703
I agree with you on this one
>>
File: 1301072136686.jpg (3 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1301072136686.jpg
3 KB, 126x126
>>340196227
>mfw /ic/ faggot and my chosen profession lol is pretty much the only thing an A.I. can't do better
>>
>>340196227
It's true though. Sometimes humans and robots work better together than alone.
http://blog.mldb.ai/blog/posts/2016/04/ml-meets-economics2/
>>
>>340197685
>BUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE WEAVING SHUTTLE IS AUTOMATED!
>ALL US POOR WEAVERS WILL STARVE AND DIE!
>GIBSMEDAT WELFARE MUHFUGGA!

you neo-luddites are just as pathetic as your predecessors were hundreds of years ago, and you will fail just as they did.
>>
>>340198509
>47% of jobs set to disappear
>hurr just do something else
cmon dude
>>
File: bcg-ex1-chart_800_499_80.jpg (64 KB, 800x499) Image search: [Google]
bcg-ex1-chart_800_499_80.jpg
64 KB, 800x499
>>340198509

>luddite

Using that wrong. There's nothing wrong with automation, but sticking your head in the sand and pretending that the coming wave of computerisation isn't novel is incredibly myopic. If you run civilization into the ground because you think this is just the next cotton gin, you're the pathetic failure.

Automation should be embraced, but you have to figure out what to do with all the people.
>>
>>340199385
More software engineers.
>>
You know, the first Mirrors Edge was really vague on what exactly was so bad about the gubment.

It seemed like the cops used excessive force a lot, and people got framed from time to time.
>>
The job situation might become more like in Ancient Greece were the real jobs were being artists, philosophers, actors and such while the "poor mans/slave" jobs were builders,farmers etc.

Today it's totally the opposite, we respect the "hardworking" manual labor jobs while looking down the more artistic jobs when it was the other way before.
>>
>huge city
>beautiful buildings
>everything clean as fuck
>sky is full of drones
>security forces everywhere

WHERE

ARE

THE

PEOPLE
>>
there doesn't have to be a job for everyone
>>
>>340202632
mirrors edge takes place on weekends lmao xD

ITT: retarded trump voters
>>
>>340202874
That's what I hate with the current job situation today, there's just not enough jobs for everyone. Not even close.

I would not mind that the society was built around that everyone had to get a job to contribute, but the fact is that there's not enough jobs for everyone and not everyone needs to work either.

You can't expect people to work when there's not enough jobs and then make them feel really bad for not working...that's just retarded.
>>
File: lememeface.png (36 KB, 137x128) Image search: [Google]
lememeface.png
36 KB, 137x128
>>340203168

Just shoot whoever doesn't find a job in a year lmao
>>
>>340199385
People can just work in places that can't afford/recieve no benefit from fancy robots.
>>
>>340202632
>People standing on roofs
But why
>>
>>340196642
>The government, or someone, will eventually have to give away free money or a new system will have to rise when automation becomes more commonplace
Or enact population control. Shrink the population, as needed.
>>
she look-e like london keyes
>>
>>340195606
Pretty much this.
>>
>>340198509
Why do people need jobs?
>>
>>340195606
>Highskook

Got me for some reason
>>
The US will need basic income within 35 years, there ain't enough work
>>
Let's be real. If fewer people are needed to work in the future, governments will ensure that there will be fewer people.
>>
>>340206956
>governments will ensure that there will be fewer people.
Extra cash for childless people when?
>>
I'm legally blind, am I entitled to easy money?
>>
>>340207090
>Extra cash for childless people when?
So citizen, why haven't you considered a career in the armed forces?
>>
>>340207272
i keep seeing this problem more and more everyday!
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.