[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some nessecary things i need to do to get skyrim working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1458801468870.jpg (833 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458801468870.jpg
833 KB, 1920x1080
What are some nessecary things i need to do to get skyrim working with a crapton of mods without it crashing every second or fucking up? Im a greedy asshole that cant constrain himself.
>>
uninstall
>>
>>340192720
Gets given a perfectly cooked steak decide to cover it in peanut butter.

You got what you deserved anon.
>>
>>340192720
A general tip: Use Mod Organizer. That way, even if you fuck up, you can easily go back to vanilla and start from scratch.
>>
>>340194464
Doesnt mod organizer replace overwritten files from multiple mods fucking things up sometimes?
>>
>>340194754
Well, if two mods change the same thing, you will have to decide which one takes precedence. Obviously you can't have two armor textures for the same set of armor. Mod Organizer is very good for changing which mod's resources take priority, since you only have to move them around in the UI and don't have to carefully install every mod in just the right order.
>>
>>340195979
I say that cos there are mods that both change the same thing but each one offers smth more like flora overhaul and enhanced landscape. But i guess mo is good enough to figure out which is better.
>>
Better grammar
>>
>>340192720
You don't
>>
>>340196685
MO doesn't figure it out. You figure out what you want to overwrite what. The good part about MO is that overwriting something with it doesn't get rid of the other thing, it's merely a priority list of what things should overwrite others.
>>
>>340197034
I see. So do i have to delete the files or can you disable overwriting without deleting them? What if its a bsa?
>>
>>340197317
There's no need to delete anything, that's what makes Mod Organizer so great.

You just move things up and down a list and based on where it is on the list will be whether it gets overwritten by things, or whether it's the thing that's overwriting other things.

You never have to delete anything or lose anything.
>>
>>340197939
Thanks. I just finished downloading about 200+ mods hopefully it works this time. Othewise ill have some funny modding stories to share with you people.
>download wyrmtooth
>talk to npc that starts it all
>suddenly he stops talking to me dialogue cut off
>now noone in the game will talk to me and i dont have the prompt to interact with any npc
Fun times
>>
Sort your load order with BOSS or LOOT, then set up SKSE memory patch and ENBoost (it's not the whole ENB, there's no framerate impact).
>>
>>340198338
I thought Wyrmstooth was removed from everywhere. Where did you get it?
>>
>>340193983
Hold the phone faggot.

I hope you aren't insinuating that pb&j with meat (especially beef) isn't fucking delicious.
>>
>>340192720
Reddit has many guides for successful skyrim modding
>>
>>340198648
From tesgeneral a long time ago. Idk if its still up now.
>>
>>340198648
https://mega.nz/#!T9xQlB6L!Ib2rWwp6zNfLAphxDBW0VuIDvSiscOa5lrPj46kbKoY

If you ever lose this link, it's on tesgeneral site.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.