[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing DS3 late at the moment, and from all the 'literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: namelessking2_tc.jpg (492 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
namelessking2_tc.jpg
492 KB, 1920x1080
Playing DS3 late at the moment, and from all the 'literally impossible' threads about this guy, I really expected him to be harder. He wasn't too bad, he's by far the coolest boss in the game.

I'm SL 75 and using a +9 Sharp Lothric Sword. Am I overleveled or OP or something?
>>
Could be a bit. I was SL65 at the end of the game.
>>
Overleveled. I beat him on the first try at SL50 with broken straight sword
>>
Maybe, I kill off him at level 53 bit ir was hard ando took me 18 tries
>>
>>340190759
Nah you're pretty normal honestly. I found him to be pretty easy too myself, then again I found O&S and all the apparently hard bosses easy. Only thing I've ever really struggled on in a Souls-like game is Headless Bloodletting Beast and Defiled Watch Dog with the Blades of Mercy. HBB was a fucking nightmare, it was either constant ground pounds with a 360 hit box for days or he'd just constantly jump backwards.
>>
File: pontiff.jpg (584 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pontiff.jpg
584 KB, 1920x1080
Huh. Maybe I am a little overleveled.

Most bosses have been pretty easy desu. Except this motherfucker. Fuck this guy holy shit.
>>
>>340190759
I did it at end game, SL 90 or so, got it first try. Not sure how you can only have a +9 weapon at this point, you can get 2 slabs in this area I think.
>>
>>340190978
proof or it didn't happen fag
>>
File: 1460479347515.png (61 KB, 252x221) Image search: [Google]
1460479347515.png
61 KB, 252x221
>overleveling for first playthrough
>>
>>340191587
check my tripfag on youtube you fucking newfag, im famous around here
>>
I just reached the Grand Archives, am I almost finished?

Been playing off and on since release. I think I'm SL70.
>>
>>340191321
I was still having trouble with pontiff's first phase on low vigor characters even after playing the game several times but I think it was just because I got salty every time he killed me and I didn't try to figure out how to optimally dodge him. When he grunts and then attacks you with both swords five times it seems like it would be hard to dodge but all you have to do is roll, roll, wait slightly longer then roll, roll and roll. All other attacks are pretty easy to roll through and if you parry him then he's really easy. For some reason I can never parry that jump attack though.
>>
>>340191769
Assuming you did the optional stuff already, it's just two more bosses.
>>
>>340191321
>tfw you eat shit with one build but beat him in one shot no problem with the other.
>>
>>340190759
No you're not even at lvl 30-50 he is easy
I don't get why people have so many problems with bosses in this game
Especiall after playing the other souls games you'd be at least good enoguh at the games to make this one a cakewalk
>>
>>340190759
Not really that overleveled I beat the game at level 59 and I was actively trying to not level further.
>>
>>340191990
I did some optional stuff, but for the most part just kept to what I thought was the main stuff.

I usually do optional after I reach the end.
>>
File: ddc.jpg (35 KB, 680x687) Image search: [Google]
ddc.jpg
35 KB, 680x687
>>340190759
Anybody here underleveled on your first playthrough?

I purposefully left myself at SL 21 and only ever upgraded my weapons to +1. I had to cheese the Nameless King with crossbows because I'd die in one hit. Guides to fighting wouldn't help, since every video had guys with HP the size of football fields and would only lose 20% of it after his big attacks, while hitting him for shit tons of damage with their +8 weapons or something.

Soul of Cinder I somehow killed halfway in the fight in his first phase due to a parry glitch. I think I'm the only one who knows about this.
>>
>>340192390
>Deliberately keeps a low level and upgrade level for challenge
>Cheeses one of the few somewhat challenging bosses
For what purpose?
>>
>>340192390
Why the fuck do you stay underleveled, on your first fucking playthrough, while cheesing the bosses?
>>
>>340190759

Honestly the problem with this guy is just that he hits really, really hard. The attacks themselves aren't that bad. Just the damage output.

Stacking lightning defense made it trivial though
>>
File: 1461090772972.png (143 KB, 346x347) Image search: [Google]
1461090772972.png
143 KB, 346x347
>>340190759
Who /can't get themselves to go through the game again on a new character/ here?
It feels like such a chore to not be able to upgrade my weapons without locking myself out of most summoning and invasions for the appropriate areas, and as such do fuck all damage to all these damage sponges that go apeshit and wombo combo me for 9/10 my healthbar. That and also being constrained by all the side-story dependent vendors, I feel exhausted trying to come up with cosplay builds because I know what a pain in the ass it's going to be just to get it all set up.

That being said, jolly coop lucatiel builds are fun, easy to get all the stuff early on.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.