[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were the dialogues in this game so great?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: overmind.jpg (70 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
overmind.jpg
70 KB, 1024x819
Why were the dialogues in this game so great?
>>
EMBRACE THE GLORY THAT IS YOUR BIRTHRIGHT
>>
>>340189868
because it wasn't metzen. they really need to take him out to the shed and put em down cause holy shit the nonsensical stories this guy writes is beyond fanfic tier. It's so ass.
>>
ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!
>>
Is there even a single RTS that ain't quotable?
I'm really curious about it actually
>>
>>340189916

Overmind is the entire reason I play the Zerg campaign. Zerg in BW wasn't the same without him.
>>
>>340189868
Because Metzen wasn't completely in charge of everything. He worked with other writers to build the story and didn't even write the dialog.

Just look at RoS, the story isn't "amazing" by any means, but since Metzen wasn't involved it's far better than the saturday morning shit-fest we got with D3's base game.
>>
>>340189868
They had to be. Couldn't rely on graphics for all the entertainment.
>>
>>340190145
The only reason to quote SC2 is to laugh.

>TASSUHDAHR? BUH YOU-DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIED,
>>
>>340189916
KNOW THAT I AM THE OVERMIND; THE ETERNAL WILL OF THE SWARM, AND THAT YOU HAVE BEEN CREATED TO SERVE ME
>>
>>340189868
No metzen.

The guy did the edgy drawings for the manual and should have just stuck with that instead of writing stories.
>>
>>340190281
this too. Just think about the shitlong mission briefings in Warcraft 2 that also drops loads of information about the lore etc combined with the manuals. They actually went the extra mile before with trying to get you immersed and shit
>>
>>340189868
God there was one quote but I can't for the life of me remember it precisely and I cannot find it anywhere in the game or the books anymore.

It was something along the lines of "We must constantly evolve. Even pause is decaying"

If anyone knows what I'm talking about or where I can find it it would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>340190145
SupCom, only because the voiceacting was bad.
>>
>>340190564
>manuals

Yeah people don't realize how fucking awesome Blizzard manuals were. They had entire sections that were just lore and art. Fun as fuck.
>>
>>340190052

in what world was it not metzen
>>
>>340190052
didnt metzen write all the story for sc and wc?
>>
>>340190479
Didn't he write at least part of Diablo 1 and 2?
>>
>>340190580
Maybe Kerrigan when you press her a couple of time? I have no idea, tried google it
>>
stay a while
and listen
>>
>>340190327
What the fuck happened to Metzen? Why does everyone have to have these over exaggerated and exasperated dialogue?

>RAAAAAYYYYYYYYNNNNNOOOR
>I BRING TIDINGS OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!
>>
>>340190721
other games too. Fucking Lords of Magic manual is fucking THICK
>>
>>340190834
The problem is I don't remember the exact quote so google isn't really going to help me there.
>>
>>340190819
I don't think any Blizzard guys had anything to do with Diablo 1? It was Blizzard North
>>
>>340191041
Right, good point. But I could have sworn that I saw him listed as a writing credit for 2.
>>
>>340191190
They were probably deeply involved with 2, but I know with 1 Blizzard North had a lot of free will and Diablo 1 was once upon a time meant to be a turn-based action-RPG
>>
>>340190930
Metzen self-admitted he grew out of his edgy phase and only want stuff like corruption and happy endings and cliches
>>
File: Zealot_SC1_HeadAnim1.gif (73 KB, 60x56) Image search: [Google]
Zealot_SC1_HeadAnim1.gif
73 KB, 60x56
MY WIFE FOR HIRE
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.