[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never played this before. What am I in for? >inb4 niggers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
Never played this before.

What am I in for?

>inb4 niggers
>>
hasnt' held up. might as well just play V, since it takes all the best parts from SA.
>>
The best game of all time next to WoW
>>
A good game with slightly dated controls, that you get used to pretty quickly. It's also ugly as sin, but that doesn't matter.
>>
>>340188791
Awesome gang fights, the best RPG elements of any of the games (mainly the endurance and gun leveling), a believable protagonist and interesting story with interesting characters. Best hood rat simulator I know
>>
Do anything you want. The missions are fantastic and there is quite a bit of stuff to do while just fucking around, comparable to GTA V in some ways but with actually good driving physics (low poly terrain makes it seem not as good but drifts, and high speed driving feel really awesome)
>>
>>340188908
>V
>no gang turf fights
>can't double sawed off shotty
>no shit talking the random passerbys
>no hot coffee
>shitty hillbilly, fat rich boy, and faux hood nig rather than OG CJ
Shut up
>>
>>340189369
Oh and to add, remember that it's Grand Theft Auto, and you usually unlock cool shit when you find/do the extra stuff in the game. If you carry a spray paint can with you everywhere (it's upstairs in the bedroom of CJ's house) you'll unlock weapons spawning at your house, etc.

I would highly suggest playing without cheats if you're playing through the missions. However, I would highly suggest playing with cheats whenever the fuck you feel like it, but not saving, so that the main game still feels challenging and balanced.
>>
>>340188791
Don't take over the other gang parts until you've completed the story.
>>
File: 1459724339986.jpg (139 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1459724339986.jpg
139 KB, 800x800
>>340189694
falling for it
>>
The best GTA
>>
>>340188791
play the game and form your own opinions you dumb nigger
>>
>>340189694
I feel you completely comrade, and I'm not the person you're replying to, but V feels more like how San Andreas would have felt if it was based in 2013 instead of 1992. You CAN in fact shit talk random pedestrians, and a lot of the time, they will randomly shit talk to you. If you hit right on the d-pad you'll reply depending on when you press it. If you interrupt someone you'll usually tell them to fuck off or something. (don't know the keyboard buttons, I play on PC with a 360 controller)

I also don't think the characters are as bad as every says. That being said, I play the game very slowly, driving properly in traffic until I get a good opportunity to floor it through intersections and shit. I also play with Realistic Driving V, a mod that brings back drifting and the realistic weight models from GTA IV. Car accidents feel great with that mod, btw
>>
>>340189854
>people actually play games with cheats before they beat them

fuck you people
>>
>>340188791
you'll need to enable v sync if you cant move your camera OP
>>
File: 1457293087449.jpg (205 KB, 500x1667) Image search: [Google]
1457293087449.jpg
205 KB, 500x1667
pic related
>>
>>340189861
shit why not?
>>
Niggera
>>
File: 341946.jpg (74 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
341946.jpg
74 KB, 600x601
>>340188791
>>inb4 niggers

Literally first mission is to steal a bike.

Other than that, it's a good game. In my opinion GTA3D series never managed to live up to its potential. After III, all they did is cashgrab with minimal changes to each subsequent game.

I don't like SA just because it's too big
>>
>>340190231
What? Reading comprehension, sir.

I did not say that I use cheats for the main game. I use cheats when I want to load the game, jump in and fuck a bunch of shit up without having to go to Ammunation or get body armour or anything. But I enjoy going to Ammunation, and managing my money and all of that when I'm playing the game and beating missions for hours at a time.

Either way who fucking cares, let people play games however they want. I tried carefully not to tell OP how to play the game, but merely give him an idea of the scope of the game.
>>
>>340190231
>not loving cheats

why do you hate fun? fuck achievements.

and there are parts of games some people simply don't care about and just want to skip, like boring parts of a movie. nothing wrong with that.
>>
The shooting mechanics and general on foot gameplay and movement are incredibly dated to the point that the game is borderline unplayable. Some mission are outright very bad. Many are also very long and if you fail there are no checkpoints so you have to drive for 10 minutes through a barren uninteresting and pointlessly large map just to get back to the start of the mission. Driving is still ok and the songs on the radio are good and the map can be kinda fun to explore. The story is basically shit and hits a deep rut in the San Francisco area. Every time you die you lose all your weapons so you have to use cheat codes if you don't wanna grind your life away. Basically of you've played gta4 or 5 this game will be massively disappointing and basically not good.
>>
>>340190691
I do that shit without cheats. SA has the pro of actually losing inventory at the hospital and police station, so it's that much more interesting taking out a cop and getting away with his stuff.. or driving over some Ballas.
>>
>>340190531
You'll know.
>>
>>340189694
all of those things are terrible.

/v/ is just contrarian. I get it. V is the best gta to date though.
>>
>>340190531
The story brings up a twist, and it fucks up the progression.
>>
>>340190841
Yes, and I play both ways. Is there a problem? Please continue, I'm waiting for the point you're trying to make.
>>
NIGGA
>>
>>340191036
Basically this. Enjoy SA, OP
>>
>>340189694
Double barreled sawed off is actually in gta v
>>
I hope you're playing the ios on PS3. It's the best version.
>>
>>340190967
>>340190913
bruh I already beaten the game, I know why big smoke was ordering so much food at drive thru, shit, I played this game many years before it was on steam, even before hot coffee mod.
Tell me senpai.
>>
Bustas
>>
>>340189694
V is only good as a mod sandbox. The core game is complete shit
>>
>>340190459
There's a list of a bunch of fixes here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=382803643

I don't install 99% of that, but Silent's patch is fucking amazing for fixing bugs. One is that the vertical axis sensitivity wasn't like horizontal.. another is some of the framerate stuff. But fixing the framerate affecting physics is as simple as setting the max frames on a program like MSI Afterburner / Rivatuner to 60.
>>
>>340190508
I don't get how anybody didn't grow up with black people or rap music before SA. Every decent game probably has rap music in it. THPS, NFS, etc..
>>
>>340190997
Not every post after another is the same poster. Straight busta.
>>
>>340191229
How so?
>>
>>340190592

>minimal changes to each game

Yeah, ok.

By San Andreas they had implemented very primitive dynamic clouds, flying, climbing, swimming, gang recruitment, territories, multiple tiers of weaponry, one of the biggest maps for a PS2 game, and more shit to do than any GTA game.

Newer GTA games post_SA might have better gameplay, but they lack the charm, substance, and humour all 5 of the PS2-era games had.
>>
>>340191234
You'll lose all your territory Did you actually pay attention while playing the game?
>>
>>340188791
Samuel L. Motherfuckin' Jackson as a corrupt cop.
>>
>>340190808

>I started GTA series at IV

San Andreas had some of the best responsive 3rd person gameplay of it's time. Gunplay was also great. Was way finer tuned than 3 and VC.
>>
>>340190808
>not just reloading

>>340188791
Outfits.
>>
>>340191810
Bruh it was SO long ago I don't remember shit.
All I remember is I had to stole a jet in some mission for yakuza or some shit. Then I flew in probably same jet to grove st, ya know, to check how things are going. And the whole groove st was under ballas control.
>>
>>340188791
Bigfoots that only appear after you raise your right hand to pigsychainsaw ayy.
>>
>>340191976
Yeah, I have no clue what that post's on about. Pretty sure SA has a really close max shooting range until a lot of the proficiencies are up though. Makes playing awkward.
>>
>>340192061
stop saying "bruh" you slack-jawed coon
>>
>>340189694
You can shit talk random people in V, but I agree with your other points
>>
NIGGA FUCK YOU, YOU A BUSTA: the game
>>
>>340189369
>the missions are fantastic

What?

This was the game that started the trend of GTA missions being awful.
>>
>>340192315
bruh
>>
>>340188791
ALl gta's hold up nowadays besides 3 and any before it. They aged like milk.
>>
File: 1455047408851.jpg (88 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
1455047408851.jpg
88 KB, 411x411
>>340192315
>>
>>340192531
>This was the game that started the trend of GTA missions being awful.
Wat? That's pretty much the most stupid shit I've ever read in regards to the game. It has some missions that get memed as being ridden with awful controls, but thats it.
>>
File: 1425612548595.gif (2 MB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1425612548595.gif
2 MB, 400x600
>>340192662
pretty much, i still have a huge boner for vice city. i'm a sucker for 80's vibes

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyT6mrSAaAs
>>
>>340192838
>playing the first OG Loc mission
>have to kill a Vagos member riding a bike
>decide to shoot him in the head using a sniper rifle instead of chasing him
>the game won't let me kill him until I chase him to an arbitrary spot

This happens every single time there's a mission where you have to kill someone.

Other missions sucked too, like the mission where you have to drive a fuel truck for Catalina.

The fact that you have to travel such a long distance to retry the missions if you fail didn't help much.
>>
>>340188791

I think it's one of those games you won't enjoy as much because you're not in the era anymore.

Playing that when it first came out, it was my favorite game ever... Now it's kinda eh.
>>
>>340191227
I'm sure he meant dual wielding weapons new friend.
>>
Grove street.
>>
>>340191772

Trophy support, 720p HD, clearer/better icons on map and hud, better draw distance and the new colour scheme is great.
>>
>>340192315
Breh
>>
>game first comes out
>me and friend beat it,have a great time
>start using cheats,fucking around
>flying cars is our favorite
>laugh our asses off flying around and crashing into shit
>friend's sister's gay friends walks in
>thinks it's harry potter because of flying car,wants us to casts some spells
>we die laughing

That was a decade ago and I haven't seen my friend in years,I miss those times.
>>
>>340194120
RYDER, NIGGA
>>
Only reason I haven't played it cause you play as a nigger
>>
File: 1462067146465.jpg (43 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
1462067146465.jpg
43 KB, 699x637
>>340194417
>>
Its like V but with less bullshit story sequences, more humor and better rural terrain for offroad fun.

Its the best GTA game and has an amount of content that rivals any other open world single-player game to this day.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.