[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It had so much potential... Comfy simulator. What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: archeage.jpg (57 KB, 1200x467) Image search: [Google]
archeage.jpg
57 KB, 1200x467
It had so much potential...

Comfy simulator.

What went wrong?
>>
>>340186067
I liked this game and still play it solely because i like the farming and being the sailing other then that its a completely shitty pay2win game that could of been good if Trion wasn't suck a piece of shit company. I wouldn't even play this game if i knew any other game with reasonable farming
>>
>>340186067
P2W

If you wanted to stay competetive you either needed to have a gold making epithelium or pay real cash

also waking up at 5 am to do the '''world bosses'' is not very good.
>>
>>340186067
>What went wrong?
F2P where you literally bought your way to top tier gear

i wish the cart/ship/swimming physics were in black desert i'd probably still be playing either one if they were
>>
>>340186067

for starters every single mechanic in the game encouraged an intensely backstabby and toxic atmosphere, so all the players were jerks and everyone hated each other
>>
Korean MMO happened.
>>
>>340186067
>need to own land to make any sort of money
>no limit to how much one player can own and it can be stolen by bots

>need to make trade goods trips to enemy territories for quests/better rewards
>the PvP flagging system means that even if you go there with an entire army, a group of three people can kill you all; as a result everyone who doesn't have land for trade grinding just dock camps
>>
File: 234.jpg (93 KB, 804x743) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
93 KB, 804x743
>comfy
>>
>It had so much potential...
Everything has so much potential, but your expectations don't mean anything except that you were willing to lie to yourself before you saw what the final product looked like, and that's why video games are shit in 2016.
>>
It had too high system requirements for when it was released for a F2P game, and way too much pay2win. I still don't understand why free to play games are released with commercial game system reqs when it's never worked for any game at all, they literally just need to look at why LoL got so successful
>>
>>340186067
>It had so much potential
Just like BDO but they managed to fuck it completely since korean beta.
>>
>>340187516
>be archeage at launch
>become plot baron, made cash buying expiring plots and reselling
>make notes when properties are expiring, make travel routes to hit each one, even logon from work to do this multiple times
>put tape on monitor so i know where to spam click, this beats everyone but botters
>gets rage whispers everyday, everyone accuses me of botting
>dude named "housebotter" starts beating me at every expiring property
>i have to quit my real estate business as housebotter owns me completely
>tfw he isn't banned until like six months later, far after i'd quit the shitty game
While the amount of his shit talking on the forum was pretty funny, Trion is ridiculously incompetent at catching blatant cheating. That combined with the gambleboxes and p2w needed for crafting high level gear makes it intolerable. I could even live with the imbalanced pvp and going anywhere on the ocean basically being a death sentence - there are ways around that but no way vs botting or p2w.
>>
>>340187147
holy shit yeah everyone was a cunt in the most cunty way

>some asshole takes my cart and parks it in the ocean just because
>>
>>340188328
>neighbor calls me a mean name
>see him in forums, he has a gay signature thing with tons of gaming info
>find his facebook
>use gimp and make pictures of him cuddling with black dudes, i dont even know why but it sounded funny to me
>make that into an ink stamp or whatever it was called, make posters of it all over my property
fuck you, callium you dickeater. your elf is ugly.
>>
Trino
>>
>>340187519
It actually was. And the music was amazing.
>>
>>340186067
>comfy

Hey look it's one of those words that has absolutely no meaning on /v/.
>>
>>340189118
lol
>>
>>340186067

I was a pirate for a few glorius days.

It was fucking amazing.
>>
File: 1462080291198.jpg (38 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
1462080291198.jpg
38 KB, 453x453
>>340188237
That shit was happening in alpha so it was pretty obvious that Trion sucked from the start.

I was one of those idiots that paid for the alpha.

In a way, it was worth it. It was the most fun I had in a mmo in years and it really had a lot going for it.
Little did I know that alpha version was actually an old build of the game that had yet to be corrupted by xl games.

While I found that out earlier on in the alpha, I still kept on playing because Trion promised in every fucking stream that they would fix everything.
I believed it then, at times it really seemed like they weren't going to fall into that trap. I mean, even the CEO had came out and posted as to how they would address the dreaded patch 1.0.

When patch 1.2 came out, it fucked everything up. BADLY. Not even the koreans had made their patches as retarded as ours. I mean at least when the patch 1.0 came out for them, only new players were affected.
The western version though? Everyone was fucked.

Nevermind that while in the old build of the game, there were rampant cheaters about and Trion didn't do shit about. People would even call them out on the forums and Trion would just ignore it.
As soon as the gates were lowered in the betas, and the finally open to everyone at launch, the problem only got worse and worse with Trion doing jack shit about it.

It's shit like this that'll eventually kill off what's left of mmo gaming.
If not for the whales it would be dead already.
>>
The patron system mostly.
I loved the gliders and fantasy truck simulator.
Still got 2 APEX sitting in the bank for when I have an urge to drive a lot again.
>>
>No aurora on release and after the very long beta where Aurora was available. Therefore very low end game during the first months.
>Equipment farming was going to the the same overpopulated small area over and over farming the same mobs for weeks to get the weapons because of the above
>Housing plot goldrush was real
>Terrible combat system relying on a single CC and a two second burst combo
>Scrapped class systems as healing was removed from staves and given unique weapons that are only good at healing
>Obvious P2W
The only thing that was nice was the fact that you could kill everyone everywhere outside of cities. Also the skills felt reactive, yet the gameplay was poor because of the above points.
>>
File: uninterested-dog.jpg (126 KB, 604x376) Image search: [Google]
uninterested-dog.jpg
126 KB, 604x376
>>340187147
To be fair, Trino made it even worse.

>you can simply stop your cart in peaceful zones to block traders from passing or people from working on their plots
>there is absolutely nothing you can do about it because of non-PvP flag
>Trino says it's ok because it's a super hardcore game xDDD and people whining are carebears
>bunch of retards agree, since scamming is also encouraged, along with other retarded shit, because the community is super hardcore sandbox player xD

>long after, one day someone from trino stumbles upon a road block while playing
>HURR DURR THIS IS ABSURD, BAN THEM ALL
>suddenly it's bad now
>>
>>340189721
>If not for the whales it would be dead already.
Don't feel too bad, I was a sucker and paid for the alpha as well. You're right, the alpha was FUN. I'm not even into korean mmo games normally (i don't understand the obsession with huge tits on elves - i mean, i don't mind it but don't get it).
But after that, oh god, just one heartbreak after another. I could type forever and ever about the shit Trion did wrong but i suspect most everyone else could as well.
What really bugged me was the p2w and the hacking. I can look past a lot of other things but the sheer greed and incompetence was awful.
Like you said, if not for the whales it wouldn't still be going. You can find posts on other forums, or on reddit, of people bragging about spending upwards of 10k dollars on the game and how much they own. I'd be upset but that seems a lot more sad than anything else.
Then again, not judging someone for what they spend cash on, but still not the type of game anyone else really wants.
>>
File: 1453941076462.gif (2 MB, 391x220) Image search: [Google]
1453941076462.gif
2 MB, 391x220
>>340189118
>>
>>340190009
I loved placing a cart on the bridge in Hellswamp.
Hilarious.
>>
don't forget fucking auction house sniper bots.
bots of any sort thrived so hard in archeage, probably still do.
>>
File: 1334628464173.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
1334628464173.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
>rickjames got all the plots in the server all the time
>got his ass filthy rich with it
>everyone in the server hated him
>ended up buying his land because it was impossible to get otherwise
>turns out he was actually a pretty nice guy
>>
>>340186067
It's korean, i've been saying it since people were talking about it. It failed in Korea, why would it work elsewhere?
>>
>have comfy farm in karkasse ridgelands
>stone farmhouse, 5 16x16 scarecrows, working on making a gazebo
>server merge (a whole other level of bullshit happened with that)
>the whole place is now polar bears
>>
>>340190403
I remember that shit. It was also great to bid before server downtime.
>>
>>340191240
>people actually wasted time breeding polar bears
>>
>>340190138
I mean the whales that fund most of mmos nowadays, but fair enough.

I wouldn't doubt if people pay 10k just to have pixels on a failed game.

Oh well, I would love to see when those same whales come to the realization that not even their money will save the game from being a ghost town.
>>
File: 1462657754361.png (372 KB, 576x580) Image search: [Google]
1462657754361.png
372 KB, 576x580
>>340191369
I had one sitting near my beehives because I like bears
minmaxers are scum
The mount/pet was kinda cool though if not for the absurd, low return rng required
>>
>that feel when you get home and find a thunderstruck tree
>that feel when on the next day thunderstruck trees are worthless because they were made a cash shop commodity
Thanks trino.
>>
>>340187001
What changed to make it pay to win? I only played it at launch and was subbed. I remember it having massive restrictions without subbing but did they add cash shop type shit?
>>
>>340192293
Labor pots were total P2W. Later on they added shit like rng boxes with seeds for high-chance thunderstruck trees.
>>
>>340192409
>thunderstruck rng trees
They fixed thunderstrucks by making the rng trees require salt water or some shit from the top island,

didn't stop thunderstrucks from being like 200g or 20g for like 2 weeks.
>>
>>340191785
Funny story with that. They put out that update like a day or two before Warlords of Draenor launched in a last ditch effort to milk the playerbase before a bunch jumped ship to it.

I quit the day they added that p2w garbage. And I never looked back.
>>
Sandbox happened.

Even the little things ArcheAge had that was sandbox just turned into griefing.
>>
File: roffelcopterfmaozedong.jpg (47 KB, 360x364) Image search: [Google]
roffelcopterfmaozedong.jpg
47 KB, 360x364
>>340188328
>This guy and his friend kills me during a trade run.
>They steal it and continue on their truck.
>I catch up with them and lure them away from the truck.
>Glider back and steal the truck while they slowly chase after me with trade packs on their backs.

It was a 20 min chase that ended with them dropping the trade packs (which I hope got stolen) and murdering me while I drove their truck into the ocean. Shit was hilarious.
>>
>>340194545
The housing concept i thought was unique and interesting but awful in practice because it ended up just being whoever got to the land first hoarding it or selling it for outrageous prices.
>>
>>340195384
That's the thing with nearly all Sandbox features, they sound good on paper but in practice it does often not work.
It will just become heavily abused and people will use it to grief with.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.