[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is fun as fuck, but I just can't play it anymore.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: widowmaker_presskit.jpg (4 MB, 3557x5733) Image search: [Google]
widowmaker_presskit.jpg
4 MB, 3557x5733
This game is fun as fuck, but I just can't play it anymore. It's too frustrating.

Why is there no fucking mechanic in place that prevents my team from picking 2 Widows and a Hanzo on attack?

It feels like my skill has nearly no influence on the outcome of the game and it's all down to whether they or we have the bigger retards on the team.
>>
That's because your skill in fact has very little to do with the outcome of the game. Overwatch is a shitty casualized shooter and was deliberately designed to have as low a skill ceiling as possible.

Try playing a few rounds of overwatch and then a few of literally any other actual arena type shooter. Overwatch is basically a slow as fuck console shooter with moba hero character elements to make it even easier.

If this game were released ten years ago it would have been laughed into obscurity for being so poorly designed.
>>
Sounds like you can't into casual games, OP.
>>
>>340184706

>It feels like my skill has nearly no influence on the outcome of the game and it's all down to whether they or we have the bigger retards on the team.

This is the exact reason why I don't play MOBAs and can't take them seriously. Before anybodies autism is triggered, I'm not saying OW is a MOBA, but the statement still applies. Team with the weakest link loses.
>>
>>340184706
Welcome to mobas.
>>
>>340184706

>he thinks Overwatch is a shooter and not a waifu simulator
>>
>>340184706
Stop playing pub games and make friends that aren't retards
>>
I can only stomach 2 or 3 games a night anymore because I always rage when I play it. It's a fucking shame that they build the game in a way that you can't carry your team to victory on your own. Which means if you're good and your teammates are trash you're going to lose. I dont know who thought this gameplay was a good choice but it's fucking cancer and they need to get fired.
>>
poo in loo is fun to play
>>
>>340185245
>Overwatch
>Slow
Pick one
>>
>>340186242
It is extremely slow, or do you not understand what that means?
>>
Question.

Do you guys also experience a lack of even matched games? For me about 1 in 10 games is actually close and the rest are just landslide victories from either side.
>>
>>340186364
I think you're slow more than the game is if you actually think that.
>>
File: video.webm (2 MB, 460x258) Image search: [Google]
video.webm
2 MB, 460x258
Post potg
>>
>>340186501
I actually get a ton of games that are down to the wire, like getting the payload to the end and being stuck in overtime for over a minute. Really frustrating to lose those.
>>
>>340186091
Get some folks to play with, focus on your own score and not others, prepare for ranked.
>>
>>340184706
Yeah well welcome to the club, even in fucking TF2 I can masterfully wreck people's shit and make a push effort with only my skill alone as a Scout, we EARNED that push and if we won the game it was because we were good not because someone like Hanzo pressed Q on the point and wipped it clean so they could cap.
>>
>>340186242
Overwatch is slow as fuck, you walk at literally a snails pace, slower than fucking Battlefield or CoD.
>>
>have friends that play but they're terrible
>want to play without them so i don't get salty
>>
>>340184706
Stop getting mad at videogames
>>
File: international clown of misery.jpg (56 KB, 371x371) Image search: [Google]
international clown of misery.jpg
56 KB, 371x371
>friend of mine gets three of his co-workers into the game
>think it could be great to have almost a full team of buddies, all on skype so communication will be a cinch
>one of them is decent, just needs more gamesense
>one of them was fucking drunk the entire time and accomplished next to nothing if he didn't play Bastion
>one of them came in late, was playing for the first time, and did just okay

Getting them to actually pay attention to the point when they're talking about what beer they like was like pulling teeth. And Overwatch is NOT a game where you can do everything yourself, so I was completely boned.
>>
File: 1275306422320.jpg (35 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1275306422320.jpg
35 KB, 500x384
>Everyone on your team picks their characters except the last two guys
>All none healer/tank options are grayed out for the last two picks unless someone switches to them
>Option comes up to votekick if they pick someone like Symmetra or Zen, ot Zar

Make it happen Blizz
>>
Shut up Harsh
>>
Simple way of doing that.

>No dupes allowed
>Ever

There's 21 characters in a fucking 6v6 game, it's not that hard to diversify.
>>
>2bodyshotz lmao

Oh my fucking god.
>>
File: 1361251726031.gif (944 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
1361251726031.gif
944 KB, 264x320
>playing forced 50% win rate
If you win too much, you get put in a game with retards, and if you lose too much, it sticks you with a bunch of high level, good players.
>>
I want to bury my face into Widowmaker's booty.
>>
>>340184706
play with your friends
>>
>>340184706
You don't always have to follow the tips the game gives you during hero selection to have an effective team
>>
>>340191389
Pretty sure that's not how MMR works.

The game will always try to match you with players of equal skill. What you are saying is only true if you are a very top level player with an MMR so high that the game can't find an equally high MMR player to match you up against. In that case your team mates will be worse than your opponents team in order for the game to be even.

What should happen if you get a win streak is that the game MMR becomes higher than your actual skill and it'll match you with a team and enemies more skilled then you, leading to a lose.
>>
>>340191287

I would prefer 2 per role.
>>
>>340192204
I've never had a close match. Its either my team is nothing but retards, or we fucking stomp the other team.
>>
>>340191389
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744524460
>>
>worrying about winning
>not just having fun playing
I blame MOBAfags for this.
>>
>>340192845
Interesting fact actually, the idea of competition or competitiveness didn't actually exist until mobas. Until then no one had any desire to win.
>>
File: dead inside.png (74 KB, 216x269) Image search: [Google]
dead inside.png
74 KB, 216x269
>solo queue means more retards on your team
>playing with a group is irritating because we have one guy picking the same hero no matter what, another one who spends the entire game complaining about everything, and another that takes us out of the match and makes us watch him open loot boxes for 20 minutes
I can't win
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113 KB, 1360x768
You either have to make a butt buddy group or surrender yourself to the fact that your 1 person out of a 6 person team, and 1 person in a 12 player game.
>Your team contribution is 16% and 8.3% including the enemy.
Its an FPS so the potential to exceed this is bigger than other genres but you have to become humble with the fact that winning or losing is mostly out of your control. Only then will you find true inner peace.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.