[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No souls game will ever surpass the perfect atmosphere and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (104 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg
104 KB, 256x295
>No souls game will ever surpass the perfect atmosphere and majesty of this one
Feels bad man.
>>
>>340184185
>tfw you will never explore the entirety of Boletaria
>tfw you will never explore the wastes below thenexus

This feels bad
>>
That's only true if you don't own a ps4, fampai.
>>
File: 1440762210189.jpg (48 KB, 680x525) Image search: [Google]
1440762210189.jpg
48 KB, 680x525
>You will never experience Tower of Latria for the first time
>>
>>340184185
>it's best cause it was first meme
>>
>>340185171
but it DOES have the best atmosphere, anon
Dark Souls has more weapon variety and gameplay and while I appreciate that, I do think that only Tomb of the Giants comes even close to the atmosphere of Demon's Souls
>>
>>340185491
>it DOES have the best atmosphere
>>340185034
>>
I'm going to play Demon's Souls for the first time, what's the funnest build to go for? Is magic shit in this game?
>>
>>340185873
STR / FAITH
>>
>>340184185
I think the original Dark Souls had the best atmosphere, but Demon's is right behind it.

I really hope that they make a remaster for ps4, and add back the sixth archstone.
>>
>>340185491
Bloodborne has a better atmosphere objectively simply because all the areas are actually linked together in its own large city rather than broken up nations that are god know how far away from each other they are in Demons. I still enjoy Demons but I prefer the gameplay of the first Dark souls and vastly superior gameplay of Bloodborne.
>>
>>340186001
/thread
>>
>>340185873
Magic is pretty broken in Demons Souls actually. Homing Soul Arrow, Wrath of God, and Firestorm are fucking ridiculous. Not to mention how useful Warding and Anti-magic field can be.
>>
>>340185664
>>340186161
oh, I didn't consider Bloodborne, I was talking about Souls games
>tfw hear so much good about Bloodborne but have no PS4
>>340186001
>>340186196
What areas in Dark Souls did you enjoy so much? Anor Londo was one of the best imo but still nothing compares to 3-1 and 5-1
>>
>>340186347
Buy the ps4 in a few years when cheaper and then play it, you'll like it if you if you liked Demon's
>>
>>340186347
Pretty much all of it except the demon-Izalith areas. I prefer how the world is interconnected like an IgaVania game, compared to the segmented Demon's. Souls.
>>
I feel that Dark Souls 3 deserves a chance. It tries so desperately to capture the magic of Demons Souls in the Dark Souls world.

There are 3 firelinks showing the dark, normal and light versions of the world, the storm ruler is there, almost all the DeS weapons are back in some form, an imprisoned heretical witch, a parallel to the Soulbrandt and Demonbrandt and Northern Regalia swords, faster gameplay like Demons Souls, the road on the top of the Grand Archives, just from what I can recall.

Its like a sweet love letter to all of us who started with Demons, supported Fromsoft ever since, and finally finished with Dark Souls 3. So to me it has its own unique soul.
>>
>>340188198
I genuinely do hope that Dark Souls 3 is the final "Souls" game, as it just feels like such a great conclusion for this series. It won't be, obviously.
>>
>>340186001
I kinda disagree with this. For me, after around 15 hours of playing Dark Souls, the game's atmosphere dissipated and it felt like another action game. Demon's Souls' atmosphere stuck with me throughout the whole game.

Overall, I prefer Dark Souls because the combat, world and music were much better. I only wish it had that deep sense of dread throughout the entire game like Demon Souls.
>>
>>340186347
Not him but Under Burg and Parish are great.
Anor is amazing
New Londo is alright
Blightown gets worse every time you play but the first time it's really fun exploring in it
Paited World is fucking orgasmic
Sen is great
Garden is really good

Only Izalith and Demon are shit, otherwise it's pretty damn consistent.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.