[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how is this game not considered the original dark souls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
how is this game not considered the original dark souls?
>>
>>340183410
Because it was seen as hard as any other game at the time, and now modern audiences don't even play it since they're fed the dogma that it's a bad game by a developer who prefers pushing blocks and cutting grass.
>>
People just drop it within minutes. It's a pretty sad display, but also a pretty good pleb filter.
>>
Why is Zelda II considered the black sheep of the series again? I still remember it being loved by gamers at the time. People would travel cross state to get a copy due to cartridge shortages at the time.
>>
>>340184209
Because its different and somehow even more cryptic.
>>
Because the original Dark Souls came out in 2011
>>
>>340184209
Because, with the power of hindsight, it plays quite different than the majority of Zelda games.
>>
>>340183410
I AM ERROR
>>
>>340183410
Isnt the only "hard" part of Zelda II the fact that if you die, you start all the way back at Zelda?
>>
>>340183410
Because it's actually the Dark Souls of Zelda
>>
>>340183410
Faxanadu.
>>
>>340184787
Death Mountain.
>>
>>340184209
People misconstrued a comment Miyamoto made to mean the game is bad and not loved by fans, even though those who were alive at the time will say differently. If anything's the blacksheep it's Wind Waker.
>>
>>340184787
I gave up at the path to the final dungeon. Couldn't get to it because it was a hard route platforming past flying eyeballs to get to it.
It was also hard to work out where to go often without a guide.

I really like it though, I'll finish it some day.
>>
>>340184896
Maybe I'd have to replay it.
I just remember the gameplay-style and having to start at Zelda, even though the final dungeon is insanely far away
>>
>>340184787

Sort of, the Death Mountain segment is hard as shit, and yeah, if you die, even in a dungeon it's back to square 1 again, hell, even some dungeons have very cryptic stuff, specially the last one, finding the boss with no guide is literally having to do a leap of faith.

At least if u die in the great temple you begin at the start of it, the ONLY place that does so in the game.

I see the resemblance to dark souls kinda in combat, enemies and overall formula of getting exp, leveling, using magic and shit, it's the only Zelda that can be truly called an RPG is some aspects.
>>
>>340184209
It's a less complete product. The combat is really good but everything else is pretty subpar.
>>
>>340183410
I wish they ended up making more Zeldas in this style
>>
File: ghostsngoblins-comp-arcade.png (8 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
ghostsngoblins-comp-arcade.png
8 KB, 256x224
Ghosts n Goblins is the true original Dark Souls
>>
File: Demon's_Souls_Cover (1).jpg (104 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover (1).jpg
104 KB, 256x295
>>340183410
Zelda 2 was the original Demon's Souls, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was the original Dark Souls.
>>
>>340185392

Nah, most of the difficulty there was due to the shitty controls.
>>
File: Cv3_na_box.jpg (62 KB, 340x465) Image search: [Google]
Cv3_na_box.jpg
62 KB, 340x465
>>340183410
Kek no
>>
File: 1464632317888.jpg (56 KB, 313x254) Image search: [Google]
1464632317888.jpg
56 KB, 313x254
>>340185549
That game was perfect, you just need to get good.
>>
>>340185495

I hate you newfags.

Dark Souls would have just been another dungeon crawling hack and slash if it were released back then. It's actually easier than games of the past since you can just summon people to clear the level for you. Games have gotten easier as time has went on, and Dark Souls is stylized more like games of old where everything wasn't completely spoonfed.

It doesn't deserve any credit at all when it comes to difficulty when compared to how games used to be.
>>
>>340184209
Because Zelda was a B-list franchise before OoT and Zelda 2 wasn't even that.
>>
>>340186003
How do you know I meant difficulty? SotN isn't too hard, I was just referring to the gameplay similarities.
>>
>>340185971
I've beaten it and its sequels. It's shit. Gradius and Battletoads both manage to be harder despite having functioning controls.
>>
>>340185971

Only a retard would describe a game with the single most blatant padding ever as "perfect". And there controls were shit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.