[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was just emulating the PS2 version of burnout 3, since no Xbox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: xboxps2.png (325 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
xboxps2.png
325 KB, 800x450
I was just emulating the PS2 version of burnout 3, since no Xbox emulator, and holy hell why does the PS2 look like such shit compared to the Xbox?
>>
File: med_1412710715_image.jpg (79 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
med_1412710715_image.jpg
79 KB, 640x360
Because Xbox has always been a beefy motherfucker, Xbone was an anomaly, Scorpio is the true Xbox mk III
>>
>>340183328
It's literally a weaker system. Doesn't mean shit when it still has good games, but it's still weaker than everything else except the Dreamcast.
>>
ps2 versions tend to miss lighting effects and look flat. don't know if that's why in this case.
>>
Because the original Xbox was a titan of a machine and the PS2 was both difficult to develop for and had lesser peak performance.
>>
because ps2 had shit tier hardware compared to xbox even some dreamcast games look better than some ps2 games. which is why you should only emulate ps2 exclusives
>>
>>340184307
or use component cables for once
>>
>>340184929
it still doesnt clean up well
>>
The difference between both versions was not that big... maybe it's your nostalgia googles or a wrong setup.
>>
>>340185083
at least it's accurate, emulator has missing effects here and there, fonts don't upscale right and have garbage around them on some games too
>>
>>340185461
meh might as well softmod an xbox at that point
>>
>>340183645
You're thinking about the ps2.
>>
File: 1451928190894.jpg (119 KB, 668x1370) Image search: [Google]
1451928190894.jpg
119 KB, 668x1370
>want to go back and play some 6th gen games from my youth
>most of them were multiplats
>"hey, maybe I can get them on PC"
>almost all the good games (Burnout, Black, Mercenaries, Timesplitters) were console exclusive
>the ones that did get ported to PC were either shitty ports (all the GTAs, DMC3) or entirely different games (Spongebob, Spiderman 2), no exceptions

So this is why "PC gaming is dead" was a thing. 6th gen was the most console-centric generation.
>>
The name Xbox was derived from a contraction of DirectX Box, a reference to Microsoft's graphics API, DirectX.
>>
>>340186195
Are you aware of a thing called emulation?
>>
>>340186583
You mean something that can't even emulate most games properly?
>>
>>340186801
Then what have I been doing for the past week?
>>
>>340187103
Justifying your multiplat box by EMULATING games.
>>
>>340187103

Getting lucky with the titles you chose to emulate.
>>
>>340183328
PS2 used older hardware and the Xbox was sold at a tremendous loss to give it a technological edge.
>>
>>340185969
He was literally talking about the PS2.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.