[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will consoles ever be as slim as the PS2 slim anymore? Or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
Will consoles ever be as slim as the PS2 slim anymore? Or is it just no longer possible with bigger GPUs and more powerful CPUs?
>>
considering that gaming is slowly turning digital-only, and that modern cellphones are already starting to be stronger than high-end consumer PCs a decade ago, there's a good chance that one of the next-gen "consoles" will literally be a tiny box, not much bigger than your largest mobile phones out there now, and may utilize streaming for many features, even games.
>>
Maybe, though doubtful when they now need a hard drive and a dick drive.
>>
Given that modern consoles are stuck using laptop tier APUs I wouldn't count it out.
>>
>>340179540

Maybe they should go back to using the more reliable and smaller fliptop drives.
>>
>>340179540
>dick drive
>>
I don't think CPUs and GPUs are bigger. But you do need much more cooling and power management.
PS2 slim was cooled by a tiny ass fan.
>>
>>340178202
>Will consoles ever be as slim as the PS2 slim anymore

Isn't the nvidia consoles even slimmer?

You need to broaden your perspective OP.
>>
>>340179540
>dick drive
fuck this made me laugh for some reason
>>
>>340178202
I believe consoles can still get just as small, or maybe around that size. The PS3 iirc had a massive CPU chip even I'm the revisions plus an NVidia rsx(?) in the die. The superslim is the smallest we'll ever see of that console.

The ps4 is already smaller than the first ps3, it can get smaller while increasing clock speeds, if NEO comes out to be true that is.
>>
>>340178202
the ps2 didnt need a hard drive
>>
>>340180540

The fat ones actually had an expansion bay for one.

A full 3.5" one too.
>>
>>340180540
Laptop HDDs aka PS3/4 HDDs are as slim as the optical drive
>>
File: PS2-Fat-Console-Back-Ntwrk.jpg (3 MB, 2613x3960) Image search: [Google]
PS2-Fat-Console-Back-Ntwrk.jpg
3 MB, 2613x3960
>>340180540
But that's wrong.
How else am I gonna have a modded PS2?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.