[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here play Rust? I never see anyone talking about it on here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Rust_videogame_logo[1].png (2 KB, 480x207) Image search: [Google]
Rust_videogame_logo[1].png
2 KB, 480x207
Anyone here play Rust?
I never see anyone talking about it on here.
>>
File: 19asutbdkoin9gif.gif (978 KB, 154x154) Image search: [Google]
19asutbdkoin9gif.gif
978 KB, 154x154
>>340168571
I do, probably asking in the wrong place though, /v/ hates most early access survival games.
>>
I can't run it well enough to really be successful when I play. I'm waiting for more updates so some of the imbalances get addressed and it becomes more playable
>>
>>340169262
I can help with performance, if you need it.There's a couple of things you can do to get into the 50-60fps range.
>>
>>340169390
do tell...
>>
>>340169764
add my steam, thread will die.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rektro_Official
>>
I like it, on certain servers where people don't go around murderboning.
>>
>>340169813

>ill pm you the fix

can't you just tell us here?
>>
>>340169390
Anything specific? I think I was running in the 40s
>>
Yeah I play vanilla community servers with a decent sized group.

Bow is my favorite weapon, I need to learn how to use crossbow better.
>>
I did, but it's too grindy for the little fun I get out of PVP, shittiness that is big groups, and lack of friends to play it with. I'll start again with XP.
>>
>>340169912
Of course i can, but don't cry if the thread dies.
>>340169921
The first thing is to unpark your cores, as the game literally jumps up 20fps ish from that in my expierance,
The second step is to use This guys config :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uiAvjdo81U
The third step is to play windowed, then alt + enter once the game has loaded.
>>
>>340170078
Cont.

There is also a launch option you can set that is dependant on your RAM, for example my set launch option is this :

-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=8 -high

(Insert the amount of cores you have, and the logical threads)

-high -maxMem=8192 -malloc=system -force-feature-level-11-0 -winxp

(Change the Mem to your ram size, that is currently 8gb, last part just forces it to run in windows XP compatibility.)
>>
>>340169912
Fuck you, but I hope this helped <3

>>340169262
Dunno if samefag, but goodluck, cuck.

>>340169262
Hope this helps.
>>
>>340170324
>>340170078
Thanks anon.

+1 internets to you

bet you havent heard that in a while
>>
>>340170691
No problem <3
Kek, Can't say i have, add me if you want, i'm quite active on it
>>
tell me some of your rust adventures op
>>
New Rust is practically impossible to play as a loner, so I don't bother any more.

It used to be you could just throw together a tower and repeatedly go for naked runs through radtown to get decent equipment. Now you have to spend hours just to get a secure base, one arrow to the head is a death sentence and it's way too easy to break into houses as a group.

Not to mention the prevalent "kill on sight" mentality on practically every server now.
>>
>>340170916
Where are you from? Chances are we are too far away for meaningful online play. I also don't play too much anymore but might check in every now and then
>>
i don't anymore, i just make sure my oxide plugins don't break for my users.
most oxide devs are pretty bad, and the rust server source code is pretty terrible in terms of performance as well.
>>
File: wa.png (55 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
wa.png
55 KB, 300x301
>>340170925
Not OP, but I have one.

>me and my friend in a little shack
>across the river, another base, seems k
>me and my fren go over
>gunnafuckwiththem.jpg
>"sup fags, do you have a spare fire?"
>my friend is round the side of the house
>hes there incase they try shit.
>"sure we have one, follow me"
>he comes outside and leads me behind house
>hesgunnarapeme.
>he spots my friend and goes silent
>"oh"
>my friend shoots him in the face
>his friend from inside
>"did you kill them?"
>decide fuck it, ill do my best impression
>12yearoldvoiceactivate.gif
>"yeah they are dead bro"
>guy inside turns on voice changer ofc
>"fuck off cunt you lyin"
>dead guy had a fuck ton of mats

MFW i'm a murderer.

>>340171023
I'm from UK anon, my ID is above a bit
>>
>>340171406
Yeah it'll be too laggy unfortunately. I love the amount of stories the game produces though
>>
>>340171642
Awh shame man, I have a fair few fucking weird stories on there, if thread carries on ill post more, looks like its gunna die though.
>>
I think it's a great game but can't wait for proper PvE/survival implementation since I don't care much about PvP.

How likely is Unity to unfuck their shit engine?
I kinda wish Facepunch would scrap everything again and start with their own engine or at least something less shitty.
>>
>>340172158
Didn't they already do that once? I seem to recall an "old rust" which was much different.
>>
>>340172158
I don't think Rust will get decent PvE any time soon.

>>340172260
Old Rust was basically just a bunch of free Unity assets.
>>
would like it more if decay was disabled or x4d for official servers. too restrictive
>>
It's pointless to play a game where your progress is erased because you have to sleep and can't guard your base 24/7.

It's futility. It's like pushing the boulder up a hill just to have it roll down all the way. The only way I can see Rust being fun is to just raid nonstop and never hold on to anything, because it'll just be raided when people search up your username to see if you're online to defend it.

Really dumb mechanic, but I don't know how you'd fix it aside from playing a PvE server which would probably just be boring.
>>
>>340172260
I can remember the very beginning with the new engine, when everybody was just a white block. But I think it always was Unity.

>>340172468
>I don't think Rust will get decent PvE any time soon.
Nah, ne neither. But like I said, I'll be waiting for it.
>>
>>340172569
The Rust server implementation is not performant enough for disabled decay.
Unity effectively only utilizes a single core.
I've actually written a custom mod of the Rust server for entirely disabling decay (not just ignoring it) and it was still unperformant as fuck with many players.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.