[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just found out that this is fully released now. Why is nobody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: TOS(2).jpg (225 KB, 1502x802) Image search: [Google]
TOS(2).jpg
225 KB, 1502x802
Just found out that this is fully released now. Why is nobody talking about it?

Thought this was going to be the next Ragnarok Online.
>>
Is it actually playable now or is it still fucked?
>>
There is a general thread on vg for this

But the game is pretty boring, it's just fetch quest after fetch quest. I had fun for about a week though.

The best thing is it works 100% with wine so you can play it on a crappy linux laptop you use for uni
>>
It's shit. Literally EVERYTHING except the artstyle and OST is complete and utter shit.
>>
File: tos vs ro.png (961 KB, 1624x1052) Image search: [Google]
tos vs ro.png
961 KB, 1624x1052
>>
File: 1460569332841.png (108 KB, 549x319) Image search: [Google]
1460569332841.png
108 KB, 549x319
Please keep rubbing salt in the wound
>>
its just another boring mmo with no depth
>>
I want to KISS Cattly!
>>
>>340166007

Advertising itself as a spiritual successor to RO was just fucking retarded. hell it was even called R1 early on. The entire game is nothing like RO. The look is kinda similar, but that's about it.
>>
I was so hyped for this stupid game... never again.
>>
It failed miserably is why. The few people who still play it will defend it to death though. When private servers come out they might fix some of the glaring issues.
>>
>>340166998

>The few people who still play it will defend it to death though.

It's funny how even the shittest games mange to garner a retard defense force.
>>
>>340166429
Developers of today just can't recreate a game like RO

Let's see how well the chinks do with their remake
>>
>>340166998
uhh, no one defends tos at all, you're retarded, not even /vg/ will defend the abomination that is Tree of savior.
>>
>>340165560
IMC sucks at literally everything, from coding to server management.
They are also jewish as fuck.

Nexon should have published it.
>>
>>340165560

It's just really bland and annoying imo. I didn't even have fun with it at the start really. I like the combat, at least it's not just clicking on enemies and auto attacking.
Everything else is bad. "Dungeons" are boring. I went into this prison bit and tried to go on this elevator that takes you up but I kept clipping through it and falling down when it went up. Uninstalled it right around then.
It's just not really worth playing.
>>
>>340165560
its trash
>>
>>340165560
The game is shit.
>>
>>340167481

Because RO wasn't afraid to kick your ass. The game was unforgiving as fuck, but in a good way, because it encouraged player co-operation in a natural way. Today's MMOs don't do this anymore.
>>
>>340165560
shit company handling it.
>>
>>340168171

This basically. Infact this should be the new standard for games imo. I just gave up on gaming a few years back then I played Dark Souls and got back into playing. I liked it because it was hard and it actually felt satisfying to play.

Nowadays MMOs are just shit, you can fuck up the enemies and they don't really punish you at all. There's no satisfaction to playing it, if everything is a walk in the park and it the game doesn't require any skill then what's the point?
>>
>>340168218
this
they really need good servers
>>
>>340165560
Fucked up release. Still get a kek out of seeing all the negative reviews before it even came out too.
>>
>>340165560

can't even play it, m8. they won't let anyone create new accounts
>>
It's not IMC's jewery that makes ToS bad. It's the fact that it's just a bad game. 99.99% of all the content consists of fighting the same boring melee/ranged autohit enemy with a new skin slapped on.

All the fancy classes and abilities in the world can't make fighting boring enemies fun.
>>
ToS has, without a single doubt, the worst class balance of any ANY game I've ever played.
>>
>>340166007
may as well post byalan
>>
ITS SO FUCKING SLOW
AND BORING
AND EVERYONE PLAYS ALONE
AND THE QUESTS EVERYONE PLAYS ALONE ARE SNOOZEFESTS
AND THE FORCED BOSSES AT THE END OF EVERY 2 QUESTS DIE FASTER THAN SHIT IN VINDICTUS

LIKE HELLO WHY ARE YOU PUTTING MMO IN YOUR GAMES GENRE IF ITS JUST A SINGLEPLAYER RPG WITH SOME MMO TACKED ONTO IT

FUCK
>>
>>340169541
AND THEN YOU DECIDE TO NOT GIVE UP
YOU DECIDE TO BE AN ARRAY OF SUNSHINE AND PUSH YOURSELF TROUGH THIS SHIT UNTIL LEVEL 200 WHERE THE GRIND ACTUALLY STARTS

AND WHEN YOU ARRIVE THERE
THE MOBS TAKE TWO (!!2!!) MINUTES TO RESPAWN
THATS RIGHT
AND THE ONLY REASON YOU GRIND AFTER 200 IS BECAUSE THE DEVS HAVEN'T PUT IN THE QUESTS YET, ITS UNFINISHED AS FUCK
>>
It has the type of combat I'd expect on an early ps1 game. Character making is needlessly complex and rather dull, you get hundreds of skills but 80% of them do the same thing, do some damage on a cooldown, so it's just a matter of picking the most efficient ones. Gear has no depth.

Questing consists of hundreds of generic kill x or find y quests against enemies that have little mechanical variety.

Sprite work sucks, there are not enough transnational sprites so everything feels cheap.
>>
>>340165560
>hear game has like 70 classes
>most of them are trash or hardly qualify as a "class"

Really I'm tired of having to go back to dfo for fun class variation.
>>
>>340167370
Just like consolemonglers.
>>
You literally just run out of quests at one point and have to grind mobs for ten levels. Level 160-175 was hell. When does the game stop sucking?
>>
Just found out I was banned on my iRO merchant account that had about 0,5b Zeny on it. RIP
>>
>>340173350
When servers shut down and some group start a private server
>>
File: ro.jpg (149 KB, 1052x815) Image search: [Google]
ro.jpg
149 KB, 1052x815
>>340173618

Forgot my image.
>>
>>340173773
4 more years friend
>>
>>340173773

What'd you do?
>>
>>340165560
It's a good game, only that it's not much different from an open beta.
>>
>>340174096

No idea to be honest, I botted a lot, like everybody does, but not on that account and my farming bots are fine. iRO GMs are fucking mongoloids.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.