[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's a have a Street Fighter thread. What do you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 18
File: sfv-collage.jpg (2 MB, 3240x2880) Image search: [Google]
sfv-collage.jpg
2 MB, 3240x2880
Let's a have a Street Fighter thread.

What do you think of SFV four months in?
>>
Awful, put thousands of hours into 4, got to silver league in V then lost all interest. Not my biggest case of buyers remorse but definitely up there.
>>
>>340163813
Terrible game.
>>
Looks pretty.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 698x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 698x760
>>340163813
It's fun but a little too focused on rush down, they gotta modify some numbers so that playing defensive is playing with 30% constantly on the line
>>
File: mike.png (855 KB, 559x746) Image search: [Google]
mike.png
855 KB, 559x746
>>340163813
????????????
>>
File: 1465045615957.jpg (104 KB, 600x936) Image search: [Google]
1465045615957.jpg
104 KB, 600x936
Havnt played it much, mostly because I can't find a character that click. Im not that good.
My first was Mika, and I had some success, but then there was a long period that people would be spamming at every wakeup and such, so I shelfed her.
Then I mained Laura for a while, I think Im decent at her, but while she is fun, it dosnt click for me, for some reason. I don't feel like I can better with her, which is shame, because I kinda need to feel that.
I played around with Nercalli, but as with Cammy whom Im trying now, Im not good at frame traps, and I struggle in general.
Chun is a character that I always wanted to play, but she was bad in 4, and 5, she is hard to learn. The thing that bothers me the most is the all the variations of her.
So yeah, I dunno.
>>
>>340164185
Silver is too soon to drop. You still have a few things too pick up from the game mechanics.
>>
There are some things I dislike about the general gameplay, like how they got rid of hard knockdowns pretty much entirely, it's really hard to keep offense up without resetting the game back to neutral, stuff like how landing a throw doesn't even allow you to land a meaty unless in the corner, how a lot of characters have really bad antiairs that do no damage and don't even allow you to pressure the opponent properly upon landing them, how nearly none of the cast have meterless invincible reversals but when you play against someone who does, it feels like an entirely different game because of how 'normally' you are incentivised to press buttons like crazy when you're in someone's face...

Netcode is nice, characters look cool, 8/10 overall
>>
File: 1464623881436.jpg (222 KB, 1668x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464623881436.jpg
222 KB, 1668x1080
Ibuki's got them thighs.
>>
Love the artstyle aside from ken, but whi gives a fuck if you play ken fuck you.
Also
>the women look like women, finally

It needs some meat and some tweaks here and there.

Also Capcom needs to re learn marketing
>>
>>340165745
>the women look like women, finally
Some suffer from manly character features such as huge hands and legs. But it's a major improvement over the shitfest that was SF4 character designs.
>>
Great gameplay, poor presentation and structure. It's a shame really since people are dropping it for reasons not even related to the actual meat of the game.
>>
File: 1388860005121.jpg (37 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1388860005121.jpg
37 KB, 480x640
>have a Brooks 360 to PS4 converter for my Madcatz TE
>plug it into my PS4 yesterday
>Xbox 360 light on my TE stays on instead of flashing a couple times then reverting to the player one light
>can't connect my TE

I don't know, I haven't been able to FUCKING PLAY IT. I'm extremely excited for Ibuki and the possible removal of the 8 frame input lag, though.
>>
So the general consesus is the game needs more internal meat
>>
>>340166661
>possible removal of the 8 frame input lag

You mean, the ~3 frames that's supposedly been put in intentional.

Also it's never gonna happen and I have no idea what makes people say that there's a possibility either. Move properties have been adjusted to make up for the additional lag and the fact they put it in is the primary reason why netplay is palatable. It's like as if they "just" globally changed the jumping arcs or something, you can't make a core mechanic change like that without messing up the game.
>>
>>340166360
>It's a shame
Not really. This'll force people to try out other games and finally have a good, varied and healthy western FGC. If KoF14 has good netcode, that alone would do wonders.
>>
>>340164590
Damn
>>
best fighting game ever made, just needs more content for te $60 price tag
>>
>>340168717
that will never happen. fgc stands for "fighting games by capcom, also MK because WB pays", and because western anime players just don't care for growing their community and are their own worst enemy.
>>
>>340165745
Even if it's subtle, all the girls look different from each other which is pretty impressive.

>>340165885
>Some suffer from manly character features such as huge hands and legs.
That's just how the SF art style goes. It's been like that since SF3.
>>
>>340163813
so glad I didn't buy the season pass, fuck those fucking fucks.
>>
>>340169009
>posting spic anime outside its containment board
-teleports behind you and barfs-
>>
>>340163813
EIGHT FRAMES
I
G
H
T

F
R
A
M
E
S

E I G H T

EIGHT (8) FRAMES

E
I
G
H
T

F
R
A
M
E
S

EIGHT (8) FRAMES OF INPUT DELAY
>>
Reminder that 8 frames of input delay removes footsies and strategy from the game and basically turns it into a mashing slugfest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CBEVIDwge0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwalITH_cGY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap369ES-6Xw
>>
>>340169882
Relevant for the neutral, irrelevant for reacting to anything since the framedata was changed accordingly.

Get out of pools before you cry about that shit you scrub.
>>
>>340169882
>>340170229
it's not much, but capcom knows about it so here's hoping.
>>
>>340168205
>I have no idea what makes people say that there's a possibility either
This maybe?:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/06/02/updates-on-street-fighter-v-development-vol-1
>"We have heard reports of input delay and have shared it with the development team. They are currently looking into the reports and we will let you know as soon as we find out more."

Also it sounds like you're mixing up the 3 frame input buffer and the 8 frame input lag.
>>
>>340170229
>3 more frames than SFV
>This completely eliminated footsies and strategy

I wish only SuperPlat+ were allowed to post.

>>340170423
Of course they know, it might've not been by design but they changed the game to work in those parameters.
>>
>>340168717
>KoF14
This shit is DoA like every KoF game ever.
>>
>>340170565
PC SF4 had 3 frames of input delay.

Anyone trying to defend 8 frames of input delay needs to be dragged into the street and shit.
>>
File: 1380580677556.png (100 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
1380580677556.png
100 KB, 342x245
>>340163813
Crazy offensive and completely unforgiving towards careful play around footsies and reactions. It's still fun, but not at all in the way that other street fighter games were. Disappointing.
>>
>>340170778
PC SFV delay can be brought down to 5f.
>>
>>340163813
Love the gameplay I just wish it had DirectInput support for PC and less desyncing in crossplay by having better netcode but Capcom is still trying the fix store and one korean slave for coding isn't enough.
>>
>>340170778
XBox/ps4 post patch is what matters though you retard.
It's 3-4 frames more than that, depending on your values.

The people that complain about this are people that never played SFIV at a half decent level.
Only 0.1% of active players have ever been able to whiffpunish a medium in SFIV on reaction, maybe 20% anti aired consistently - why does everyone complain about inputlag as if changed anything for them?

I mean fuck, only 10% of players are in Gold and Gold's are fucking awful at the game.
>>
File: 1458380700780.gif (509 KB, 328x283) Image search: [Google]
1458380700780.gif
509 KB, 328x283
>>340164590
Holy shit
>>
>>340171076
Ask people who whine about 8f to post their CFN. 9/10 times it's some shitposting KoF shill.
>>
>>340170902
>Previous games
>Tournaments use platform with least input latency
>Community: "Just buy a 360!"

>SFV
>Forced to use the worse platform, coz Sony funding
>Community: "PC has an unfair advantage!"

The hypocrisy in a lot of the FGC is quite amusing
>>
>What do you think of SFV four months in?
Still takes three minutes to find a match in the most popular fighting game with crossplay where in ultra you could find one in 30 seconds
Still no region filtering.
Still matches that are randomly laggy because capcom implemented the rollback code wrong and it compensates latency only for one player
Still no saving your options in training mode
Still no basic features like directinput or key rebiding on the pc version
Still no cash shop
Still major clipping issues with the character models
Still no proper ragequiting punishment
Etc
And that's not even getting into the lack of content

To top it of no fix, patch or communication from capcom adressing issues at all.
>>
File: 3461461326.jpg (51 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
3461461326.jpg
51 KB, 480x640
>>340171362

This, this and this.
>>
>>340163813
I'm terrible but it's fun.

I'm trying to get my friends into it; it's pretty fun to play ranked with some beers, passing around the controller after each defeat.
>>
>>340171328
PC will never be standard due to its variable nature. They've tried PC at a few tourneys and it tends to be a mess. Not to mention Asians more or less exclusively play on consoles. They wouldn't accept PC being standard.
>>
>>340171328
The game in it's current state CANNOT be played at 5f delay, it is DESIGNED to be played at 8 frames at this point.

It's unknown if the 8 frames were a mistake and the game was built around that or if it was by design - but either way you can't just reduce the inputlag and have a functioning game.

Certain moves such as Ken/Laura V-Skill, EVERY overhead, EVERY jump and most reactable specials would have to be readjusted to match the lower inputlag.

God fucking retards.
>>
Its fucking dead. Top players will stick with it because its called street fighter.
>>
File: 1464919312230.jpg (51 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
1464919312230.jpg
51 KB, 410x410
>>340169689
>spic
>>
>>340171774
No it's not. It's still the most active fighting game by far. You don't know shit what a dead fighting game is. Fuck off with these reactionary comments.
>>
>>340171570
>They've tried PC at a few tourneys and it tends to be a mess
Works fine at WNF

Besides I'm not making a case for actually swapping to PC unless PS4 literally can't be fixed. I just find the hypocrisy funny.
>>
>>340170518
>Also it sounds like you're mixing up the 3 frame input buffer and the 8 frame input lag.

I'm not. The input buffer is obviously amazing and I don't think anyone disagrees. It's not like I'm a huge fan of the input delay myself. But people always make it out to be these ridiculous 8 frames they added because they're evil and hate everyone but truth is most games have around 5 frames "by default" just between the input device, engine and monitor. It's (slightly less) than 3 frames they added (apparently intentionally) on top of what, say, SFIV had. So when someone says "I hope they remove the 8 frames of input delay" I don't think they have quite understood how input delay works. I hope they make it a bit less, definitely. I'm in the same boat there.

even though netplay feels amazing thanks to that delay
>>
File: SFV played got.png (1 MB, 1031x1513) Image search: [Google]
SFV played got.png
1 MB, 1031x1513
>>
File: 1459256120247.jpg (134 KB, 600x797) Image search: [Google]
1459256120247.jpg
134 KB, 600x797
>>340163813
still fun as fuck to me since i usually play with actual friends who are in the same room as me, as it should be. kinda pissed there was no may update, but i thought ibuki was coming out july the earliest, so its not that bad.

akuma/sakura when?
>>
I'm convinced the 8f thing is just an excuse shitposters jumped on to shit on the game. SFV has a dedicated shitposting crew for some months now. Just asking anyone bitching to post CFN and they always dodge and hide behind the anonymous walls.
>>
>>340172463
No actually most games have between 2-3 frames of input delay.

8 frames of delay is unacceptable.
>>
>>340173302
It's not just shitposters, even pro's that suck at SFV compared to SFIV only talk about that.

Didn't keep Momochi from staying relevant.
>>
>>340170892
Haven't you heard? Marvelfags and Meleefags say defensive games are shit, offense and crazy combos only!
>>
I love Thick Fighter V
>>
>>340171604
>The game in it's current state CANNOT be played at 5f delay,
Thats total bullshit, most pc players I know Disable V-sync, bringing the game to 5-4 frames of input lag between all sources with little to zero marked difference during netplay

I struggle to see this as intentional in all honesty. By disabling V-sync pc players can reduce the input lag down to around 4 frames. something like that strikes me as a massive oversight on capcoms part leading me to believe this is a result of capcom and/or ps4 hardware. the 4 frame difference is that of a pc player potentially punishing a crouch strong and a ps4 player eating a jump in. If this was to keep the game properly offensive then this raises even more questions. Third Strike, Marvel and even other series like Guilty Gear have zero issues with being thoroughly offensive, 8 does much more to hurt the game than help it by turning a lot of exchanges into coin-flips.
>>
EIGHT FRAMES OF INPUT DELAY
>EIGHT FRAMES OF INPUT DELAY
>>
File: SFV.gif (21 KB, 191x170) Image search: [Google]
SFV.gif
21 KB, 191x170
>>340163813
I rate it a solid 8 frames of input delay out of 10
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.