[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do they put bosses in a game that are literally impossible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 258x195
Why do they put bosses in a game that are literally impossible?

>Position clouds rape
>Army of skeletons
>Heavy melee damage

I've died countless times on Wolnir, is it possible to get a refund on a game if there are unbeatable portions of it?

I'm literally in tears atm.
>>
n00b
>>
>>340158696
Can't be real.

Beat him in one attempt and didn't even know he did anything except swing at you slowly
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 1280x720
Literally LITERALLY impossible
>>
>>340158696
Wow op this is some original bait you got there
>>
nice bait faggot
>>
I wish Wolnir, like most bosses, took more hits to kill.
It's a cool boss but you never even get to see his stuff because he goes down so fast.
>>
>>340158835
Literally LITERALLY videos of people doing it on YouTube.
>>
>>340158696
That's the easiest boss in the game, just hit his bracelets and gtfo when you see the poison cloud animation start.
>>
>>340158696
Roll roll attack
>>
>>340158972
Using hacks don't count!
>>
Hit it until it dies
>>
>>340158696
This is some top quality bait
Seriously though just don't run backwards from him. Stay between his arms and don't have the reaction times of a bag of dog shit and he'll never hit you
>>
I shamefully died to him an embarrassing amount of times because I just couldn't put together that he crawls uphill when 2 of his bracelets shatter.
>>
Wolnir was the hardest boss for me, honestly. The only other boss that gave me a challenge was Nameless King.
>>
>>340158696
I fought him recently with one of my "beat Dancer early" characters, went at him with a +4 dragonslayer axe.

Each bracelet took one hit to break. Literally lasted seconds and couldn't attack once.

That said, first time I fought him I died a few times due to the deadly vape cloud, didn't know where to stand to avoid it or when to run away.
>>
>>340159303
>>340160056

>You actually slew wolnir the immortal
Bait
>>
>>340160056
Why glitch dancer if you're going to have someone drop weapons for you anyway?
>>
>>340160536
>tfw I managed to get the Moonlight Greatsword on my level 25 character last night

I know it isn't that impressive but I'm happy

It's a fun weapon to play the game through with
>>
File: 1458192747503.png (379 KB, 675x609) Image search: [Google]
1458192747503.png
379 KB, 675x609
>>340158696
>I'm literally in tears atm.

Man, this bait isn't what pisses me off, the fact that I know so many people that are actually like this and would be legitimately THIS upset by a fucking videogame.
>>
>>340160536
If you beat the dancer early you can get the dragonslayer axe, numbnuts.
>>
HEHEHE NICE THESE IDIOTS KEEP RESPONDING TO MY THREADS. I AM SO SMART HEHEHEHEHE FUCKING TROLLED IDIOTS HEHE
>>
>>340160921
>it's the fact*

I need sleep
>>
>>340160402
Did you even play the game retard? You don't kill Wolnir, you break his bling and then he falls into the abyss and is killed from the true eternal slayer: fall damage.
>>
File: 1182.jpg (45 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1182.jpg
45 KB, 1000x1000
>>
>>340160952
What?

You get it by helping Sirris in Irithyll. You just need to kill Deacons and Wolnir. Dancer has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>340161642
Probably meant dragonslayer greataxe.
>>
>>340161323
Yes i played it retard i killed every other boss in only a few tries with summons. Even with help wolnir is literally impossible
>>
>>340161921
You obviously didn't kill every boss as you can't progress without killing him
>>
>>340161323
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ucBFyHbR63w
You can actually kill him, he even has a death animation
>>
I noticed he does take damage from normal hits, just really low damage

Is it possible to kill him without breaking his bracelets like say Yhorm
>>
>>340162112
See>>340162063
>>
>>340162063
Oh, well that answers my question then >>340162112
>>
>>340158986

No that would be deacons of the deep.
>>
I'm waiting for the day when someone will make a "literally impossible" memethread about the unarmed skelly in the catacombs.
>>
>>340158696
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but for the sake of covering all the bases I'm just going to give you the main points.

- He's easy to dodge, as his attacks are telegraphed more than the vast majority of the bosses in the series, let alone the game
- You'll never see the skeletons if you work fast enough
- You don't need to get close enough to his body to be damaged by the smoke
- Each of his three bracelets accounts for about a third of his health, and is relatively easy to smash.

Get stuck in. Don't be afraid. Use a phys resist shield, if you need to.
>>
>>340161008
Man, this bait isn't what pisses me off, it's the fact that I know so many people that are actually like this and would be legitimately THIS upset by a fucking typo.
>>
>>340158696
Just cast the anti-spook spell
>>
>>340162465
I was just correcting myself, man. It also wasn't a typo.
>>
Beating a dead horse OP. Except no one thought this shit was clever when people first started spamming it either.
>>
>>340161996
Holy fuck anon does that hook actually hurt in your mouth? You've been chewing on it for awhile now.
>>
>>340162783
I'll keep chewing on that hook all I damn please
>>
>>340162063

lmao
>>
>>340162298
Wolnir is easier.

You can die to deacons if you're careless

Wolnir just can't even kill you full stop, unless you run to his lower body which you shouldn't be anyway since you can only hurt his bracelets
>>
>>340163014

I died to Wolnir first time since I didn't know about his poison cloud thing.
>>
>tfw didn't even know he had a sword attack until my 4th time fighting him

He dies way to damn fast
>>
>>340163412
Wait, he has a fucking sword attack? Any video where I can see it?
I didn't even know he had a sword to begin with
>>
>read up on his lore
>he was terrified of the abyss
>these glowing bracelets were to protect him from it
>tfw I felt like shit when I saw him fall down in the abyss while stretching his arms towards me
>>
>>340161323
>Fall into the Abyss
>Weep, for you are lost
>Find a cliff wall
>Become determined
>Craft climbing aids out of your armour and magic
>Nearly reach the top
>The end is in sight, and salvation is at hand
>Some dick breaks your climbing hooks, and you fall right back into the abyss
>>
>>340163562
I don't but it's actually kinda cool looking

He punches his hand into the ground and pulls out the Greatsword you get from his soul and uses it
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.