[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 95
File: wowl.jpg (74 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
wowl.jpg
74 KB, 640x360
Will it suck?
>>
File: CguEhYnXEAASw9H.jpg (58 KB, 600x414) Image search: [Google]
CguEhYnXEAASw9H.jpg
58 KB, 600x414
>>
File: drhydr.jpg (142 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
drhydr.jpg
142 KB, 500x545
there 100% chance that it will
the moment it was announced we've seen that it was extremly content lacking and everything seemed tryhardy
>>
>>340138291
>babify the UI
>mastery still a fucking mess to explain

Just remove that shit already.

Dunno what I expect from the company that released Bastion, though. Marketing >>>>> Art >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bethesda tier quality>>game design
>>
>>340138032

I don't see how it could possibly be worse than WoD, but I don't expect it to be great either. My guess is 6/10 expansion. Adding a new class will at least provide something new to mess around with that will continue onwards, rather than some shitty abortion like garrisons that we just try and forget afterwards.
>>
>each expansion progressively worse than the last
>"will this be shit?"
what do you think you idiot
>>
File: seriously.png (334 KB, 1921x1080) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
334 KB, 1921x1080
>>340138358
>"tryhardy"
this is an actual word someone on /v/ said just to fit in
>>
>>340138291
Why post this? Is there something wrong with removing all the useless stats on the UI? I'm sure there's an option to show it still.
>>
>>340138469
Mastery isn't a fucking mess to explain you casual cunt. It's literally one sentence. Removing stats and simplifying the game is the exact opposite of what they should do.
>>
>>340138587
I'd say MoP was like half a step up from the disaster that was Dragon Soul cata

WoD was irredeemable garbage
>>
File: wotlk sp ui.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wotlk sp ui.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
>>340138627
>Why post this?
To show that Legion has Call of Duty-tier depth and is barely even an RPG anymore.
>>
>>340138627
its in the game data and still available for addon creators to use
why anyone would need to know how much intelligence their warrior has is beyond me, but its still there
>>
>>340138594
i fitted in ur mom and here in /v/ way before you tryhardy faggot
>>
>>340138734
>why anyone would need to know how much intelligence their warrior has is beyond me

Exactly. People bitching about this change are so fucking stupid.
>>
File: 6GOxOyD.png (639 KB, 2254x1419) Image search: [Google]
6GOxOyD.png
639 KB, 2254x1419
>>
>>340138587

I don't think that's entirely true, MoP was way better than Cata.
>>
>>340138630
It's a passive spell, baked into the stat UI.

All other spells exist in the spellbook.

Mastery used to exist in the spellbook, and then they had the "inspiration" to make it a unique snowflake.

Calling mastery a stat period is pants-on-head retarded, and defending that even living outside the spellbook makes you a retarded blizzdrone.
>>
>>340139037

Honestly WoD lacking either a new class or a new race really killed it for me. Those are things that I get really excited about and keep adding value to the game even after the expansion ends. I skipped WoD and basically the only value I'll get from it going forward is the new character models.
>>
File: 1465058281274.gif (363 KB, 192x291) Image search: [Google]
1465058281274.gif
363 KB, 192x291
Probably

But I can tame Thok and Juggernaut so I'll probably get it anyway
>>
File: 1420876668750.jpg (171 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1420876668750.jpg
171 KB, 1000x1000
>It's another "WoW is better when it's complicated and a fucking mess" thread

Move on, NEETs. Go play Dwarf Fortress.
>>
File: 1462912604037.jpg (38 KB, 752x407) Image search: [Google]
1462912604037.jpg
38 KB, 752x407
>>340139098
>It's a passive spell, baked into the stat UI.
Most of the time it has a dynamic effect on gameplay and adds more depth to the gearing process.

>All other spells exist in the spellbook.
It's a stat. Why would it exist in the spellbook? Why does that even matter?

>Calling mastery a stat period is pants-on-head retarded, and defending that even living outside the spellbook makes you a retarded blizzdrone.
It is a stat. Are you retarded? And I'm not a blizzdrone, I'm the one who made the thread and is anti-shilling Legion. Fuck off retard.
>>
File: 1463334081478.jpg (22 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
1463334081478.jpg
22 KB, 425x282
>>340139229
WoW doesn't need to be complicated or a "mess", it needs depth and stimulation as an RPG for people with a triple digit IQ, otherwise nobody wants to fucking play it.
>>
>>340138032
>garrison shit still in the game

Without a doubt, is there any reason it would even be decent?
>>
How's that official vanilla server coming along?
>>
File: nost.png (77 KB, 584x471) Image search: [Google]
nost.png
77 KB, 584x471
>>340139563
https://twitter.com/nostalbegins

Nost met with Blizzard, they're putting together a presentation with details from the meeting to release publicly next week. Still no official answer though.
>>
>>340139330
>Most of the time it has a dynamic effect on gameplay

No. It fucking doesn't.

It's a passive spell with scaling, and after the talent tree revamp, where actual gameplay changing dynamics are supposed to live, it's an archaic joke that needs to be removed.

A stat that for no rhyme or reason outside theorycrafting can determine its usefulness is straight garbage in general. There is literally no excuse for mastery to exist in modern wow, other than to give them another itemization lever to pull.
>>
>>340139695
He's making fun of you.
>>
>>340139432
>MMO game made with depth, stats, tons of skills you have to switch, off-trinity gameplay and meant to appeal to the "intelligent" gamer crowd
>fails miserably, its complete trash, everyone fucking hates it, holy fuck its literally the worst thing in the world, unopposed
Guild Wars 2

>game is nothing but the dumbest fetch quests, no actual thought involved, simpified to fuck "dont step on the red floor" gameplay, all your 3 total skills light up in the order you need to press them, you cant even pick different stats on your end-game gear and its just complete horseshit to play with only one end game raid
>but it looks really pretty and has catgirls and pretty dragon ladies
>known as the best eastern MMO available
Final Fantasy 14
>>
>>340139885
>There is literally no excuse for mastery to exist in modern wow
It's a stat and WoW is an RPG. Removing stats is not how the game will get better.
>>
File: 1433829969471.png (34 KB, 493x276) Image search: [Google]
1433829969471.png
34 KB, 493x276
>>340139959
and?

>>340139985
>Guild Wars 2
>depth, stats, tons of skills
>meant to appeal to the "intelligent" gamer
wew lad
>>
Yes
>Daily quest focused world content again
>Profession 'revamp' just turned them into a daily grind as well
>more dungeon difficulties, dungeons are still shit
>random legendary world drops, can't use them for fuck all since they're restricted from instance and PVP content and world content is faceroll

The only hope there is is legacy servers, and they're not gonna do it, even their stupid fucking 'pristine' server bullshit was pulled, nost devs are probably just getting paid off or lawyered to fuck and back in their 'talks'
>>
>>340140232
>The only hope there is is legacy servers, and they're not gonna do it
I don't see a reason why they wouldn't. It would be relatively cheap and easy and it would net them millions of dollars. I just think they're waiting for Legion to go live before they start making serious announcements about legacy.
>>
>>340139229
WOW was better when there was fucking things to do.

That includes min-maxing, forced cookie cutter is NOT fun, and no one likes it, not even casuals.
>>
>>340138032
The initial questing experience will be well polished and relatively enjoyable. The raids, when not played through LFR, will be ok. Everything else will suck dick, you'll spend most of your time wondering why you're paying $15 a month because after the first fortnight the game is only offering you a couple of hours of fun a week. Just like WoD.
>>
File: ion-hazzikostas.jpg (56 KB, 600x319) Image search: [Google]
ion-hazzikostas.jpg
56 KB, 600x319
>>340140620
No, because in the history of blizzard they have never once admitted to fucking up.

Also this guy and ghostcrawler killed any chance that WOW would be a decent open world RPG by turning it into a half assed e-sport centric fuckfest.
>muh world firsts
>muh arenas

Ghostcrawler is gone and they're finally going to try and fix PVP, though I feel the damage has been done, just gotta cut this peice of cancer out so we can get consistent, interlinked, MMO world gameplay back again, not this janky psudo-ladder of world first racing every patch and forcing everyone to grind the same shitty content once a day, every day for months on end to remain 'competitive'
>>
>devs currentl "working" on WoW have no fucking clue how to make a good game and what made WoW so fun in the first place

How are people expecting anything than WoD 2.0 from this steaming pile of shit called Legion? How deluded can someone be?

Only thing which could get me back into an active sub are legacy realms for vanilla/TBC.
>>
>>340138032

if it doesn't change 99% of the game, yes.
>>
I wish I could play an MMO that's actually an MMO again.

Is there a private Vanilla server that's replaced Nost as the popular place to play yet?
>>
File: wod.png (1 MB, 1233x766) Image search: [Google]
wod.png
1 MB, 1233x766
I'm in the alpha/beta. I can confirm it fucking blows.

It's WoD 2.0, it has a bit more (grinding) content to keep you busy at the start, but by 3-4 months in you'll be seeing another mass subscriber exodus along with 0 content to do outside your weekly lockout.

Hell as you can see from the pic, it's so fucking bad I haven't even launched it since the last update.
>>
>>340138627

>Get a buff to my spell power or movement speed
>I can't even tell what they're at now because they're not displayed

Brilliant
>>
>>340140886
>No, because in the history of blizzard they have never once admitted to fucking up.
Yes they have. In a very recent interview with the very man you posted in your pic, he admits that they fucked up the leveling process over the years.

Besides, them releasing legacy servers wouldn't be an admission of anything. They're two totally different games for two totally different audiences. It wouldn't be an admission of failure more than releasing HotS or Overwatch was.

>Also this guy and ghostcrawler killed any chance that WOW would be a decent open world RPG by turning it into a half assed e-sport centric fuckfest.
Ghostcrawler doesn't work for WoW anymore, he quit in MoP. He was a decent dev, he still posts on his twitter about WoW from time to time and knows that a lot of modern additions to the game like flying and LFD/LFR are shit. The names you're looking for are Watcher/Holinka/Celestalon/Jay Wilson. Those guys working on the live game isn't really a reason why they won't/shouldn't do legacy realms.

>Ghostcrawler is gone and they're finally going to try and fix PVP
Holinka has been the lead PvP designer for all of WoD. He's much worse than Ghostcrawler was. There's really no chance for the live game until these people get replaced with competent designers and devs.
>>
>>340141124
DELETE THIS POST

NOW
>>
>>340141093
Kronos. It's shittier than Nost was and you can buy level 60s so there's really no point, but that's where a lot of Nost refugees went.
>>
File: ghostcrawler.jpg (49 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
ghostcrawler.jpg
49 KB, 580x326
>>340140886
I really wanted to punch this guy when he turned paladins into warriors with mana instead of actually making ret fun and interesting, and yes, I was around when they made ret OP as fuck, but that was when they gave us whirlwind and exorcism on non-undead
>>
>>340141264
>He was a decent dev
Ghostcrawler was shit. It's fun watching the LoL community hate their game because of the shit decisions he's making at Riot.

That's not to say everyone else on the WoW team isn't also shit. Game died when Tigole took all the talent to his Titan team. Pity they aimed too high and couldn't deliver. Overwatch is fun in brief stints but I'd have much rather had a real nextgen MMO from Blizzard. Easier to make money selling fake cards and gun skins I guess.
>>
>>340138032
You mean World of Diablocraft? Yes.
>>
>>340141264
That's really the issue. The yes-men still in charge of the game are pieces of shit. If Jay Wilson can fuck up D3 and still have a high position, nay still fucking work there. Something is fundamentally wrong. I wish I could have seen Pardo's face after seeing what Titan and WoW became right as he quit.
>>
>>340141525

>Moved Diablo 3 lead dev and Diablo 3 Legendary Designer to the WoW team
>World drop Legendaries with Diablo tier bonuses
>Dungeons now have Diablo rift style difficulty modes and scaling
>Enemies now get Diablo style affixes in them
>Gear now all has a chance to get Diablo style bonus stat rolls on drop

I like how when faced with the reality that they can't make a worthwhile quantity of content anymore, they just try to RNG the fuck out of what little we have to make it last longer.
>>
>>340141354
He wasn't the class designer, he was the PvP dev. The PvP devs ultimately have very little impact on what happens with the game's direction. They're just there to see what the community is saying about PvP and give that input during meetings for retards like Watcher and Celestalon to ignore.
>>
>>340141706
>He wasn't the class designer, he was the PvP dev.

Ghostcrawlers job was lead systems designer.

Holinka is the PvP designer.
>>
>>340141752
Greg was the lead systems designer

>"Systems design specifically is everything that is not level, story, quest or encounter design. My team handles everything from classes to mechanics to items to trade skills to achievements to UI design, and that includes the game balance."
>>
>>340141264
No, you fell for his lawyering (Mind you, Watcher is a lawyer, in fact he has no game design history prior to blizzard, he was, and still is a licenced lawyer) bullshit, he didn't admit tthat they 'fucked up' they said they ignored it and that boosts fixes everything, as intended, and people are just butthurt.

Ghostcrawler was the PVP head since arena's inception, he might be active on social media, but the poor state PVP went into after arenas were implemented, just because he's a nice guy doesn't dismiss his piss poor game design

>Holinka has been PVP designer
Ashran was good on paper, but failed missirbly due to a lack of scale and scope and the fact its focused more around its shitty minigames then the battle at large

Arenas are a dinosaur, and were never well designed, no matter what they do they cannot make arenas good, especially if they plan on adding more classes to the game like the demon hunter.

so yeah, ghostcrawler did fuck up the game, its going to take years of small steps in the right direction to prune the cancerous arena community we have now and get back to true MMO PVP, aka world PVP, and PVP talents is a step in that direction.
>>
>>340141775
>Greg was the lead systems designer

You mean Greg Street, aka Ghostcrawler?
>>
>>340138728

>posting 2s

Almost as bad as BG pubstars
>>
>>340141752
Meant to quote >>340141706 hurr

>>340141817
Yeah I agree with you, misquoted
>>
>>340138032
People will love it initially, it will be surprising in how many people go back again and enjoy it. Then after the content has been exhausted people will complain it was the worst expansion yet and talk about how the game is really dead this time until the cycle repeats the next expansion.
>>
>>340138032
Obviously.
>>
>>340141124
>
It's WoD 2.0, it has a bit more (grinding) content to keep you busy at the start, but by 3-4 months

But that was the problem with WoD. There was not even enough content for 3 months. Upgrading the artifact weapon will keep us busy for a good time.

In WoD you had nothing to do expect the one shitty daily quest each day. In Legion there will be more variation because you can choose what quests you want to do(the only problem is that you spend more time traveling than doing the quest)
>>
>>340141691
RNG on dungeon loot is fucking cancer. I wouldn't mind some RNG on crafted gear right? Like sometimes you smith that breastplate just right and bam, it's *Masterwork* and has slightly higher stats. That's good. But Blizzard's fucking Warforged, Tertiary Stats, Gem Socket RNG bullshit is fucking stupid. Instead of feeling happy when loot drops you always feel disappointed because it's not the absolute best. Imagine playing vanilla and finally having Asscandy drop only to find out it's got fucking +Spirit and is 10% weaker than someone elses Asscandy because they got a Warforged one.
>>
I really hope that Blizzard doesn't fuck up the daily quest system again. It seems like since Cataclysm they always go extremely hard one way or the other with no middle ground.
>>
>>340142006
>Upgrading the artifact weapon will keep us busy for a good time.

You cap it out with everything unlocked in about 3-4 months, hence why I said it has a bit more content for 3-04 months.

Follow along.
>>
>>340141783
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-OIreniI7I

There's the interview where he admits they fucked it up.

>Ghostcrawler was the PVP head since arena's inception, he might be active on social media, but the poor state PVP went into after arenas were implemented, just because he's a nice guy doesn't dismiss his piss poor game design
Whether or not you like arenas is totally subjective. I personally really enjoy, I don't feel like they had a hand in ruining WoW's PvP whatsoever. The competitive/rated atmosphere and gameplay is fun for a lot of people.

>Ashran was good on paper
I disagree. It's loaded with mobs, it's linear as fuck, the map is designed like a shitty MOBA, the gameplay in and of itself was trash, bullshit PvE items all over the place that fucked with actual gameplay, and half the features they hyped it up with never actually made it live. Ashran was a total disaster from its conception.
>>
I'm on Beta and I'm having a Blast so far
>>
>>340141848
You've never been at a respectable rating in any bracket, what do you know? It's not even my screenshot btw.
>>
>>340142012
>I wouldn't mind some RNG on crafted gear right?

Why? You get daily limited crafting materials then get to watch as days and days or weeks or months worth of materials keep rolling the shit stats for nothing?

RNG can fuck off of stat rolls entirely, it adds nothing to the game at all for the players benefit, it is nothing but a cheap trick used to lengthen content.
>>
File: 6ce.png (137 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
6ce.png
137 KB, 350x350
They just took the good leveling content and turned it into the redesigned daily shit from timeless isle/WOD.

Daily grinding is fucking cancer, give me back my goal oriented grinding, grinding gold, materials for professions to make that sweet weapon, rare as fuck enchanting shit, ect, all those gave me reasons to log in every day and minmax my character, now I can't even play the game without some retarded self insert retard goal, like cosmetic mount farming
>>
>>340142135

50 cents have been deposited.
>>
>>340142163
you can grind artifact power until your eyes bleed anon
>>
>>340142146

Keep bragging about how you broke 2300 as rogue priest.
No one cares
>>
>have played the game since launch
>own every blizzard game
>recruited lots of friends
>have never once recieved any beta invite at all and neither have any of my friends who i've played with since vanilla or BC

wow its almost like all of the beta feedback is from retards who haven't played much of the game's history and that's what blizzard goes by, the opinions of fucking casual newfags
>>
>>340142012
>RNG on dungeon loot

Wildstar had this and everyone fucking hated it, what the fuck are they even thinking.
>>
>>340142263

No you cant, it's limited how much you can get per week. Can't have Sally the soccer mom fall behind because she only plays 1 hour a week, that would be unfair.
>>
>>340142079
If you like arenas you should probably try a game more up to your speed, like LOL or Dota 2, which does PVP RPG arena combat way better then WOW ever has.

The strength of MMO PVP is that anything can happen at any time in an open world setting, and thats why WOW fucking blows now, even what remains of world PVP is just one sided ganking.
>>
>>340142274
Wildstar's RNG on dungeon loot was so fucking bad that substantially weaker crafted gear was a better option 95% of the time because you could at least allocate the stats you needed. I remember my guild went through half of the first raid before any of us got anything remotely useful.
>>
File: you.jpg (43 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
43 KB, 400x350
>>340142230
>>
>>340138469
> Bastion
git gud
>>
>>340142159
Damn shame isn't it? But the mouth breathers on the official forums and mmo-c still herald this shit like it's necessary for the game's survival. It's sickening.

>>340142163
Now why would you want to have your own clear, outside of raiding and daily quests, goals? That goes completely against the new crew's philosophy. Remember have bad content reward you too much and everything else RNG.
>>
File: We won.jpg (89 KB, 758x590) Image search: [Google]
We won.jpg
89 KB, 758x590
>>340140886
I remember that, Ghostcrawler led the "offensive" charge at Blizzard, where the design team thought they were better than their customers, which led to the community managers taunting trolls and non-trolls alike.

After waiting the majority of the WoD release, Hazzikostas claimed that flying wasn't important and that they did not plan on adding it to the game. There was INSTANT backlash and people started dropping like flies on top of the already bleeding subs. It became so bad that live GMs opened chat windows with the people quitting. It was beautiful. We put up with so much shit from them, and removing flying was the final straw for the community.
>>
>>340142319

Never got this argument.
I despise assfaggots, but really enjoyed WoW arenas and bgs up until the end of wotlk
>>
>>340142319
>used to make fun of PvE server shitters back in vanilla and TBC
>fast forward to present WoW
>every PvP server in modern WoW is 93% Horde/Alliance and 7% the opposite faction
>if you play as the majority faction you literally never see someone to gank
>if you play as the minority faction you're literally ganked all fucking day with no one to help you

I don't even fucking blame people for sticking to PvE servers these days. PvP servers are a fucking joke right now.
>>
>>340142049
Oh sorry I misread it. But that's enough content for the release. I doubt that Blizzard will make the same mistake again with the patches like in WoD.

From what I have seen (videos I'm not in the beta) the beta has already more content than WoD.

I'm also excited for the new 5 man dungeon system and hope that they will be hard like back in Bc.
>>
>>340138587
I think MoP broke that tradition. Overall it wasn't a great expansion, but it was definitely a step up from Cata. TBC and WotLK both had their flaws, one did some things right, the other did other things right as well. Either way, WoD was a huge, colossal drop in quality following MoP and Legion's more or less looking to be the same way.
>>
>>340142319
MOBAs have BG objectives with PvE mobs everywhere and they give you 6 different fucking abilities. WoW arena is a pure PvP deathmatch and gives you 30+ abilities with another ~15 in macros. The difference is an ocean of depth and skillcap, and completely different objectives/gameplay.

I really enjoy world PvP don't get me wrong, I've spent a lot of fucking time ganking people and attacking capitol cities and shit. Both have their merits and they can coexist with each other.
>>
>>340138291
>babby's first RPG

The UI is now Facebook games tier.
>>
>>340142550
Anon, it has always been that way. Which is why I detested PVP servers from day one.
>>
>>340140724
Why you're paying 50,000 gold a month*

Or however high it gets in Legion.
>>
>>340142748
Same here. That's why I hated sites like wow census and other addons and shit. It just promoted that mentality and ruined the potential that world PvP had.
>>
>>340142820
On German server you need to pay 92k gold at the moment.
>>
>>340139229
Is this post an admission that the game has been severely gutted and stripped down to a nothing but a shell of its former self? Because that certainly explains the mass exodus of players.
>>
>>340138291
>implying it's not all you need
>>
>>340142712
>WOW arena is a pure PVP deathmatch
Which is true except
>Not every class is designed around damage dealing
Oh fuck but then
>30+ abilities
Half of which are disabled in arenas
Half of which are disabled because they're locked behind talent shit

Be real mate, Arenas are just as watered down as league of legends, it just has a bullshit power grind to make it feel like you're accomplishing something you're really not

And the fact that they removed control as a option class build/design just because of arenas is testament of why they have been nothing but cancer to the game.
>>
>>340141345
Idk, The Rebirth is nice. Some refugees went there.
>>
>>340140886
I had that goddamn motherfucker so much, worst part is how he never owned up to his poor decisions.
>>
>>340138358
stupid korwinposter
>>
File: devilish.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
devilish.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
No MMORPG Blizzard-Activision makes will ever be good.
Our only hope is the legacy servers. I'm so fucking eager for them to happen.
>>
File: brdmapg.jpg (213 KB, 600x880) Image search: [Google]
brdmapg.jpg
213 KB, 600x880
The fact that this single dungeon has more content then the entire end game of WOD is pretty fucking sad
>>
>>340143225
>tfw more people have probably died in that entrance from searing gorge than in entire ashran
BRM was a real "pvp zone"
>>
>>340143032
>Not every class is designed around damage dealing
Every spec that's not for tanking is viable in arenas, save for one or two really bad specs per season here and there.

>Half of which are disabled in arenas
>Half of which are disabled because they're locked behind talent shit
Only abilities with a >10 minute cooldown are disabled which is. Abilities like Lay on Hands and Battle Res for Druids. Definitely not half the abilities, it's like 5 abilities total that are disabled. Every class still has/had 30+ spells at their disposal.

>Be real mate, Arenas are just as watered down as league of legends, it just has a bullshit power grind to make it feel like you're accomplishing something you're really not
Arenas aren't watered down like MOBAs at all. There's no "power grind" either. The progression is entirely based around your performance as a player and the quality of your teammates, save for the first couple of weeks of the season where you're passively getting your new gear.
>>
I don't understand why people are still playing if you're this content starved.
>>
>>340140904
Between Blizzard saying they hired more people to work on WOW and the team's as big as it's ever been, I'm thinking a lot of the current devs are fresh graduates whose experience amounts to little more than flash and facebook-tier games. It would explain why Blizz feels the need to recycle so many assets from WoD to give the illusion of new "content." I just don't see how an enormous corporation like Blizzard can have so many resources yet put out so little content for a game.
>>
>>340142517
But they should remove flying. It trivializes content and makes the world feel smaller.
>>
>>340143471
>implying team size matters
How's that patch 6.1 treating you?
>>
>>340142517
But Flying was a topic that just proved how stupid the vocal community is.

>WE WANT FLYING BACK
>WE WANT FLYING BACK
>GIVE IT BACK

When they never fucking needed it thanks to garrisons.

Flying did kill the world content, the problem with WOW is it is not designed with flying in mind, there is no mounted combat, and mobs are still locked to an X/Y based grid, even when they're 'flying' so its impossible to make content with flying in mind without removing it entirely.
>>
>>340141093
I've been trying this one out for a few days, it's alright, though the team was originally expecting the nost source to be released so they called themselves nost reborn but that's not the case anymore.

https://vanilla-servers.org/
>>
>>340141124
>by 3-4 months in you'll be seeing another mass subscriber exodus

I don't think it can drop much further, can it? Unless if you mean everyone who resubbed for the launch will leave shortly after, in which case, yeah you're probably right.

It's sitting somewhere around 5 million right now, an all time low. Of those 5 million, at least half or more are in Asia. There's only about one or two million players still playing WoW between NA and Europe.
>>
File: x2E56ek.jpg (39 KB, 462x325) Image search: [Google]
x2E56ek.jpg
39 KB, 462x325
>>340143682
Just makes me sad that blizzard was able to buy out the nost devs.
>>
Has every expansion after WOTLK sucked? There's your answer.
>>
>>340142956
>On German server you need to pay 92k gold at the moment.

No such thing as "German server", the Token system is special and is region wide. So there's only one EU price

Also you can check it real time thanks to the API here

https://wowtoken.info/

>Those Asian prices
>>
>>340143838
>5 mil
Not even.

Even with all the chinks and whales buying WoW tokens I doubt anyone would actively play WOD anymore.
>>
>>340142575
>But that's enough content for the release.

No, it's not. All that content is lasts about 20-30 minutes per day, you're capped on Artifact progress per week.

>From what I have seen (videos I'm not in the beta)

Then stop telling someone who is in the beta how things are.
>>
>>340138032
Garrison tables are back sooo I'm sure as shit not buying it
>>
>>340143471
>Between Blizzard saying they hired more people to work on WOW and the team's as big as it's ever been

They said that prior to WoD, the 1 patch expansion.

Now compare that to vanilla where the team was less than 50 people and you had 11 content patches.
>>
>>340140886
arenas ruined this game

Fucking awful decision to ever add them
>>
>>340142517
Zarhym was a fucking piece of shit, absolute cunt CM.
>>
>>340139985
>game is nothing but the dumbest fetch quests, no actual thought involved, simpified to fuck "dont step on the red floor" gameplay, all your 3 total skills light up in the order you need to press them, you cant even pick different stats on your end-game gear and its just complete horseshit to play with only one end game raid
>but it looks really pretty and has catgirls and pretty dragon ladies

These two describes GW2 perfectly (except for the dragon lady part). Modern MMOs in general could probably be described like this aswell.
>>
>>340143970
He also said that there is enough content for at least 3 month you stag.
>>
>>340143471
>I'm thinking a lot of the current devs are fresh graduates whose experience amounts to little more than flash and facebook-tier games. It would explain why Blizz feels the need to recycle so many assets from WoD to give the illusion of new "content."

Lack of experience from the team is not the reason for this.

The real reason is that WoW stopped being Blizzards big ticket. Hearthstone took that title by a mile (around the time of the Q2 2015 conference call judging by the investor notes) and WoW has too much of a rocky, unstable subscriber base to be worth the investment.

Look at it this way from an economics point of view. Team of 200+ working on several raids and server costs OR Making a few new cards for their Unity game.

Any business minded person can solve this. Blizzard is now cutting back on WoW development and testing the waters to see what is the butter zone for WoW development now. They want to find the point where a stable amount of subscribers are happy while they're making as little content as possible to achieve that goal while offsetting any lost players with massive cash shop additions.

That is where WoW will sit on the Blizzard funding and development totem pole soon, WoWs time has passed, it's not dead but it's not the figurehead anymore either.
>>
How the fuck is Jay Wilson, the man who fucked D3 so badly it caused one of the largest ever backlashes against a gaming company, still employed at blizzard

He's a shit cunt who almost destroyed a franchise
>>
>>340144468

Blizzard has a really weird self congratulatory, circle jerking culture within it. They won't fire anyone whos been around a long time, they'll just shuffle them around.
>>
>>340142517
I mean he obviously got sacked, but does anyone know the reasons?

I'd have loved to be in that room to watch that piece of shit squirm as he got the boot
>>
>>340144389
By the time 2015 rolled around they fucked the game so hard that anything blizzard produced and sold would outsell it, everyone wants to like blizzard games, no one except maybe valve with dota 2 has ever come close to their style of art and fantasy, I feel its ike nintendo syndrome, after being top, or near the top for so long you think you're too big to fail, and you slowly screw yourself over with each new release
>>
>>340143521
Pls don't trigger me Anon. 6.1 was the reason I quit WoW for good.
>>
>>340144267
At least the catgirls are exceptionally pretty
>>
>>340144468
What backlash? Blizzard fanboys still buy everything they sell.

Twitch streamers bitching about nostarius for a week, kept their sub for wow, bought overwatch, preordered legion.

Gaming is dying because the gaming consumer has no balls. They take whatever the companies give them up the ass.

Ubi with downgrades
Blizz with awful expansions
Valve raping pc gamers with skins and knives

This industry needs a crash
>>
>>340144752
>Twitch streamers bitching about nostarius for a week, kept their sub for wow

Yeah that's why nearly all of the ones of note are unsubbed.

You can stop imagining situations to help fit your bias.
>>
>>340144389

this.
>>
>>340145143
Name 2 who have unsubbed? Theyre all still playing and whining about it on stream, or doing the lvl60 challenge.
>>
I really liked WoD
As a single-player/Session coop "RPG"
It really felt like an actual Warcraft game thanks to all the cutscenes at the end of the every zone
I'm casual about WoW though
And I've preordered Legion
After watching the movie
I liked the movie
>>
>>340144389
Very sad but all good things must come to an end. You can only keep a 12 year game with six expansions (So far) going for so long.

What have other, older MMOs done in the wake of being extremely dated and not on the company's radar as far as investment goes?
>>
>>340138032

2 FUCKING DALARANS, 2 FUCKING ILLIDANS, 2 FUCKING OUTLANDS, 2 FUCKING of everything existing in this world at the same time and they going back to update 7 GAMES WORTH OF GEAR again.

No wonder whey they don't have enough fucking resources they keep on updating 7 games worth of content with every expansion.

They should just make Vanilla, Outlands and Northrend into Cavern's of Time as they have no fucking bearing on the story. Close off all legacy raids from Vanilla to WOTLK, close off all legacy dungeons that have no relevance in the Catalyscm story.

Then people can relive the experience as a max level raid instance, like a new Molten Core based on the Mists of Pandaria Theme, a new Black wing lair based on the Catalyscm theme, a new Black Temple based on the Legion Theme etc and several dungeons to boot.

Fucking blizzard this game is going to be very small cause it ain't fixing the shitty mess which is the story. 1-60 Deathwing is big baddie or not depending in which area you go to (Sith its the insects) -> 60-70 -> Illdian (dead or captured before 60) is the big baddie -> 70 - 80 -> Arthas (you know hes dead ) is the big baddie -> 80-90 Deathwing is the big baddie again!!!

Fuck this game.
>>
>>340144752
>industry crashes
>videogames become largely unprofitable
>only companies that can still make games are those who have established footholds with known IPs
>such as Blizzard, Valve, and Ubisoft

you're a fucking idiot
>>
File: 2010-08-02_thanks-no[1].jpg (34 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
2010-08-02_thanks-no[1].jpg
34 KB, 300x297
>>340145378

You sound angry
>>
I don't get it. I just started playing and the game seems awesome. What's everyone complaining about?
>>
>>340138032
>Will it suck?

Undoubtedly so. But not for the first month or two. Post-launch will be alright and you'll hear a lot about how fun and interesting it is, until the content runs out and people find out that class order hallisons aren't fun and then it'll be a repeat of WoD all over again.
>>
>>340144752
The last industry crash left us activision and EA.

I don't think things will change.

A crash isn't what we need, its newcomers to the industry, but most of them get big too quick and die out in a blaze of self entitled glory.

And its publishers, they'll stick around after a video game crash, they just wont invest in anything outside of their already established IPs, hell that's what 2008's recession did to the game industry
>>
File: bobby-kotick-a_6_0[1].jpg (39 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
bobby-kotick-a_6_0[1].jpg
39 KB, 360x270
>>340145589

People who want to invest more time in the game at the lack of content
>>
File: -Htjuzkw_400x400.jpg (11 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
-Htjuzkw_400x400.jpg
11 KB, 240x240
>>340138032

Yes
>>
>>340145439
You realize most games arent profitable already? The few exceptions are WoW, f2p and COD.

Valve hasnt made a new game in a decade. Putting a skin on a mod they didnt create doesnt make it a new game.

Whiny blizz shills buy anything they shove down their throats.

Ubisoft makes shit games and false advertises their games. Fucking far cry primal copy pasted the map from a previous game

Keep holding onto your shill button. The industry is doomed soon.
>>
>>340144389

Hearthstone is a steady game and is well-developed you can tell from a stand point that every thing has a theme an objective and is quite flesh out. Even tavern brawls have more personality than anything at WOW at the moment and everything is streamlined.

Now you don't really have to be a business minded person to solve wow all you have to be is a new person to experience the new content and reply with feedback....

AT the moment you have a team of 200 people maintaining and developing 7-8 games worth of raids and dungeons like you said. THIS IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE to handle from any person perspective. So what is the problem?

It wasn't Vanilla, it wasn't Outland and it wasn't in WOTLK the story of the WCIII - WOTLK has ended and Deathwing is the new bad guy

They didn't develop Catalyscm as the new base expansion and close off 3 games that has no reveleance to the plot and started again Deathwing was to Azeroth as the Bahamut was to FFXIV:ARR. They didn't rebuild the world or closed off certain aspects that didn't make sense in things like going to OUTLAND (why would deathwing not destroy the portal cause it would resolve in reinforcements) and transport Dalaran back to Azeroth as it makes no sense the most powerful city in the world be standing in fucking a Arctic wasteland which no one can live in.

and end the fucking raids and dungeons if they have no relevance to the story end them and reuse them as a Caverns of Time event, this WILL make people feel nostalgia provide extra resources and provide an off-chance to get a special mount they didn't get that other time. This should of been done but Blizzard are cucks and listen to the community far too often then they fucking should.
>>
File: 1438990990407.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1105) Image search: [Google]
1438990990407.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1105
>Warcraft Movie Box Office Update
>The Warcraft Movie continues to do well internationally, with Deadline posting updated numbers for this weekend:

>The movie did $31.8 million in the 20 markets from the first weekend release.
>It opened in 8 more markets since then, adding a total of $29 million through Sunday.
>It was the number one movie in seven of the eight new markets.
>Warcraft is still the #1 movie after 9 days in Germany and still at #2 in Russia.
>The international release has a total of $69.1 million so far.
>The movie opens in China on Wednesday, where pre-sale numbers look strong.

IT PRINTS MONEY
>>
>>340145685
From a new player perspective, there's shit loads of stuff to do.

I'm level 13 right now and can't wait to start doing dungeons. After that, I'll likely see how great I can make my Garrison. Maybe then I'll try some casual raiding.

Mostly, I just want to explore all of the zones. Northrend looks cool on the map.

Once legion comes out, I'm probably going to work on upgrading my artifact weapon.
>>
>>340145760
Nignog, that -is- the gaming crash.

More and more and more studios are shutting down and people are leaving the industry, publishers made themselves recession proof, why do you think 90% of the shit you see on steam itself is indie as fuck, or that everyone is jumping on the wildwest bandwagon that is mobile garbage? The difference between this crash and the last is publishers aren't investing as much money as they used to thanks to digital distribution

>>340145959
Blizzard IPs are some of the best in the industry, shame the games suck, WOW's movie will probably be bad, but will be praised for what little the cinematics team brought to the movie.
>>
Obviously
>>
>>340145959
THE AGE OF SHITTY FANTASY MOVIES AND NIGGERS AS FANTASY RACES FUCKING ELVES AND HUMANS IS UPON US

LONG LIVE THE AGE OF KEK
>>
>>340145589
>>340146010

wait till you read the actually story and lore, it disfunctional as fuck, I let you experience it but Garrison isn't as promising as it should be and have the same followers on every character breaks the immersion of the game entirely.
>>
>>340145959

Lmao, the budget was 160 million.
>>
File: bk-0i1NN[1].jpg (12 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
bk-0i1NN[1].jpg
12 KB, 256x256
>>340146010

Well you have almost 10 years of content ahead of you. Newplayers in WoW(like me) get to experience an overwhelming ammount of content, the problem is you level so fast you dont get to experience even a fraction of it, I had to create 4 characters to at least have a feeling of all Horde and Alliance vanilla zone(I dont like questing in underleveled zones). I now have a lvl 100 character and I havent even finished WoD, and I CAN SEE myself quitting until Legion once I see all story content - since there's nothing else to do here for me
>>
Most of the music's out, and it's as good as always, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46LtQgLwTc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI2lvCM-vqI
>>
>>340145959
>>340146138

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_%28film%29

I think your counting your chickens before it hatches guys a profit of 60 million is not greater than a budget of 160 million used to make this movie -.-
>>
For them to fix WoW they'd have to revert so much. At this stage their only choice is going to town with their simplification to squeeze as many shekels out of the few casuals still playing this shit before the ship finally sinks.

Can only pray for legacy servers.
>>
File: 1439049999730.jpg (443 KB, 1960x720) Image search: [Google]
1439049999730.jpg
443 KB, 1960x720
>>340146205
>The international release has a total of $69.1 million so far.
>has a total of $69.1 million so far.
>$69.1 million so far.
>so far.
>.
>>
File: modergamedesign.jpg (43 KB, 650x519) Image search: [Google]
modergamedesign.jpg
43 KB, 650x519
>>340146306
Blizzard's art team is top in the industry

Its the game design thats trash
>>
>>340146391

Not even half. It's a disaster.
>>
>>340146391

This picture is baffling
WoD had more "Warcraft story" to it than Cataclism and Pandaria combined
>>
>>340146292
>since there's nothing else to do here for me

See, that doesn't make sense to me. I'm not even reading quests and I'm enjoying things. I don't need story to enjoy dungeons, raids, or any of the extra bits.
>>
>>340146465

The movie is good though I hope they'd find the resoureces for the whole trilogy
>>
How many subs do they have currently?
>>
File: 1464038685391.jpg (3 MB, 10000x10000) Image search: [Google]
1464038685391.jpg
3 MB, 10000x10000
>>340146465
What part of so far can't you read
>>
>>340146490
>Time travel
>over pandaren
>over deathwing

At least pandaren were in WC3, WOD was retconned draenor
>>
>>340146559
Not a lot
>>
>>340146548

It's hilariously bad in pretty much every way, it looks bad, the acting is bad, the script is trash. It has rightfully got it's reviews.

>>340146572

>Spend millions buying and setting up a retail store
>Make 30k in the first year

>It's 30k so far
>So far
>.

What don't you understand about so far? The extra mil will eventually get equalized, lol.
>>
File: 194-1920.jpg (709 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
194-1920.jpg
709 KB, 1920x1080
Yes
No
Private Servers
Blizzdrone
Blizzcuck
Overwatch
Movie

I summed up the thread.
>>
>>340138291
/thread
>>
>>340138291
holy shit why
>>
>>340145378
>2 FUCKING DALARANS, 2 FUCKING ILLIDANS

This is wrong. Dalaran moved to Broken Isles, there is only one.

There is also only 1 Illidan, ours was taken by Maiev at the end of BT to the Broken Isles and entombed there, and he is the one Gul'dan awakens.
>>
I'll fucking laugh my head off if Blizz Con has more Overwatch, HOTS and Hearthstone cosplayers over WOW
>>
>>340146465

It hasn't even opened in the 2 markets that always make up 90% of every movies profit.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>340145283
There will be many cutscenes in legion, so get hype my friend
>>
the game is so fucked at this point its impossible
>>
>>340147040

If I play this and I find I can still fight Illidan in the Black Temple or I can still access Outlands through the same portal or if Dalaran is still in Northrend while I'm 110 I will personally hunt you down.
>>
>>340146559
They're not releasing numbers anymore but last report they released said subs were at just a little over 5 million. Blizz said in later reports that WoW had seen "growth" but didn't specify what "growth" was (Could just be cash shop transactions). If previous reports and their patterns of decline are any metric to go by, the sub count probably sits between 4 and 5 million right now, keeping in mind over half are in asia.
>>
>>340146465
>Hasn't opened in the US or China, the 2 countries which make up over 80% of the box office results for almost any blockbuster film

???
>>
>>340147110

Excellent. Cutscenes and great videos are what made W3 very memoriable.
>>
>>340147029
Because stats are confusing. Casuals need one, giant, highlighted number to tell them how epic they are.
>>
>>340147165

Dude
DUDE
You cant strip people of content(Black Temple) because of your assburger lore butthurt
>>
>>340147329

Since stats never mattered since Cataclysm who cares
>>
File: tumblr_mjida9B3M01riwl6fo3_500.png (102 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjida9B3M01riwl6fo3_500.png
102 KB, 500x209
>>340147437
7 million who've quit since cata
>>
>>340147437
>who cares if an RPG doesn't have s-stats guys?
>just buy legion! it's epic!
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_060616_101937.jpg (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_060616_101937.jpg
220 KB, 1920x1080
Playing since early days of Vanila

I'm on beta right now

AMA
>>
>>340147437
Blizzshills everyone
>>
>>340138291
>everyone laughed at me when I told them that getting rid of hit rating would make the game even more casual
>>
>>340147753
Everyone mocks me when I complaind about the removal of defensive stats as early as wrath.
>>
>>340138728
>>340142146

>spriest rogue bragging about winning in 2s
Kill yourself
>>
File: 566jh6j35.png (22 KB, 103x126) Image search: [Google]
566jh6j35.png
22 KB, 103x126
>>340147753
>tfw you realize the slippery slope fallacy isn't actually a fallacy
>>
>>340147040
Wait, is Dalaran actually no longer in Northrend?
>>
400 million sounds about right for what the movie needs to make to be considered a solid success.

160 million budget, add on marketing, which is an extensive thing all unto its own- probably pushing the number closer to 200, as well as the cut theaters make, and it definitely needs to make more back than its stated budget.
>>
>>340147630

I'm this guy:
>>340145589
>>340146010
>>340146507

Can you explain to me why it seems like everyone is angry at the game right now? I'm having more fun than I ever have with any other MMO, but it just seems like everyone's hating the game right now.
>>
Doesn't seem to be awful. Looks like they put some effort in it atleast
>>
File: 397[1].jpg (63 KB, 447x400) Image search: [Google]
397[1].jpg
63 KB, 447x400
>mfw nost cucks didn't even have the courage to release the source code
>>
File: alt_01[1].jpg (145 KB, 897x600) Image search: [Google]
alt_01[1].jpg
145 KB, 897x600
>>340147630

Is story good? How much of the main story is available outside of raids?
>>
People will shit on WoW no matter what. They could produce gold and /v/ would still pull down its pants and defecate just for fun
>>
File: 132933951693.jpg (67 KB, 680x513) Image search: [Google]
132933951693.jpg
67 KB, 680x513
>>340147932
Because its not the game we originally loved.

Its very mediocre by its original standards, with its 'epic' levels turned to 11, but everything else was gutted in the process.
>>
File: times_change.gif (1003 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
times_change.gif
1003 KB, 400x400
>>340148159
>>
>>340143354
>enter BRM as a clothie
>get sapped
>alt+f4
>>
File: B_dL8dCXEAAz3DW.jpg (41 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
B_dL8dCXEAAz3DW.jpg
41 KB, 599x337
>>340148228
Not all change is good
>>
>>340148309

lack of change is also not good
Look at FF XI for example
Shits uplayable
>>
>>340147932
Theyre angry because they want nostalgia vanilla servers and more content for their 10 year old game.

For someone like you, WoW is a fantastic game to play since you havent seen or done any of it yet. But paying for a sub for 10 years with these no-lifers, they whine and bitch about nothing to do, but keep buying what Bliz gives them.

Enjoy your time with the game, its great for newcomers and casuals alike
>>
File: 1389496785147.jpg (114 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
1389496785147.jpg
114 KB, 323x454
>>340138291
>1.5 million health on an arms warrior

what was the point of that stat squish again?
>>
>>340148309

It's time to move on
WoW wont bring your young age back
>>
File: 1465149173682.jpg (35 KB, 696x423) Image search: [Google]
1465149173682.jpg
35 KB, 696x423
>>340148228
>>
>>340147932
I honestly can't answer that. I'm playing this game for 10 years, I saw everything, Did Everything, So I'm too a bit angry But only because of WoD there was no fucking End Game content other then Raiding. Nothing else for me. But yes, For a New Player who just got into WoW, You gonna have a tons of fun. Enjoy it. Dont be afraid to do shit other people call causal like Pet Battling.

>>340147971
The Story is top tier so far. Best part is that you need really have to pay much attetion to it like Reading Quest Text and shit because there's shit tons of Voice Acting now. You will see what's happening around you when question and you will know the Story. I didn't do raids yet, I don't even think they're are live on Beta now. But as I know so far there's isn't a lot Main Story in the Raids. The Emerald Nightmare is just a story about Malfurion Taking down Xavius Because he's being a fucking idiot and spreading the Nightmare on our Realm.

Nighthold in the other hand might have the final part of the Story because the 5th Pillar of Creation (Eye of Aman'thul) is in Gul'dan's hand and he's about to do some nasty shit.
>>
File: tfw no penalties.jpg (85 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
tfw no penalties.jpg
85 KB, 490x367
>>340138032

Yes

>mfw I actually actually pre-ordered this shit

I'm such a fucking idiot.
>>
File: B-R5RB-by-rooksandkings-1.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
B-R5RB-by-rooksandkings-1.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>340148481
Its not nostalgia I want, its fuck huge open worlds with people to fight

Only one game scratches that itch anymore, but I prefer fantasy settings and a UI that isn't from the 90s
>>
>>340148554
>Pet Battling

This is actually something I'm really looking forward to. MMO Pokemon. Shit's going to feel awesome.
>>
>>340147932
If you're just now starting to play WoW after it's been out for 12 years, you're not going to understand why people are upset over WoW's current shape, nor should you really worry about it.

WoW's had far too many patches and expansions to intricately explain what got better, what got worse, what stayed the same, what was added, what was removed, what got buffed, what got nerfed, who died, who got rezzed, what's been retconned, etc., all you should know is that WoW today is nothing like WoW of yesterday. The two are completely different, like night and day.

Some people don't mind the change and keep playing, others, like yourself, are just now diving into a new game and everything seems fresh and exciting to them, but others who have played it and not happy with the direction the game's been sliding the past number of years/expansions.

>>340148228
Times do indeed change, but sadly, not all change is good, let alone not all change is needed. Just because something can be changed doesn't necessarily mean it should be changed. Unfortunately in WoW's case, things changed for the worse. This is evidenced by the subscriber numbers as they increased for the first two expansions, held steady for one expansion, then started declining with another expansion with a steep and and immense plummet with the most recent expansion. Times changed, but not for the better.
>>
>>340148554

Great, thanks for the info
>>
>>340148597

I'm actually new to WoW(started with late Pandaria just before WoD). Elaborate on "huge open worlds with people to fight", do you mean lack of it because of flying mounts or what?
>>
>>340148751
There was no flying mounts in WoD and it turned out to be shit
>>
File: 1383257782724.png (193 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1383257782724.png
193 KB, 2560x1600
>>340145959
critically panned, one of the wost movies of the year. Most critics calling Metzen a joke of a writer basically, and the lore a "nonsense world of contradictions and cliches"

Sums up Warcraft and Metzen to a fucking T
>>
>>340148841

No problem with it.
If anything it encoureges you to be carefull since there's always someone to gank you.
Also low-level exploration is great
>>
>>340148841
I had a lot of fun in WoD before they added flying mounts. There was WPvP to be had pretty much everywhere all the time if you were on a PvP server with a decent pop.
>>
File: 23904-l.jpg (13 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
23904-l.jpg
13 KB, 640x480
>>340148751
Pretty much, it also helps when world content gave decent items, but now that everything worth doing and getting is all instanced its so meh, and while Timeless Isle/Tanann funnels players into one area for short times, its not like the massive world that was old azeroth, with people running around doing many things, usually farming crafting mats or running to dungeons, but that led to turf wars that quickly escalated into fun.
>>
>>340148228
Metzen is so arrogant that they captured his face for the CGI, fuck me what a crock
>>
File: 1453603962482.jpg (525 KB, 806x952) Image search: [Google]
1453603962482.jpg
525 KB, 806x952
>>340147753

You know, playing on a tbc private server, It made me appreciate how fucking glad I am that they removed hit/expertise and defense rating. Missing 20+% of all my attacks while leveling is fucking cancerous and trying to mix and match gear at 70 to hit the caps while not getting overcapped since that shit becomes wasted stats was just so fucking awful.

Though I am confused as why blizz decided to remove some of the stats in legion introduced in WoD. I thought Multi strike was a somewhat decent idea, if a bit poor mans crit.
>>
>>340148841
It's mainly because the community turned shit and afraid.

Hell I play shadow priest and when I saw the Legion Talent that makes you fucking Unstoppable but then you die. I was so fucking Hyped then I heard people on Forums complaining about it because they don't want to die.

Thank god Blizzard doesn't listen to Forums and it stays in the game.
>>
>>340148751
Imagine this:

You need to get to another continent to get outside of a raid so you can help a warlock in your guild summon people to the instance.

On your way you have to run (on the ground on probably a 60% speed mount), through about 5-8 contested zones (meaning you are red to the opposing faction).

Because raids reset at the same time every week, anyone worth a damn on the server is doing this exact same thing.

The raid you are running to funnels people through two separate entrances (neither really having too much to do with faction).

All hell is breaking lose, you are being killed, killing people, running and jumping into the lava, running back to your corpse and corpse-jumping to the instance entrance. Once you get there, you have to help hold the instance entrance for your faction, or else the opposing faction will take it and your raid will be severely delayed.

Finally, all 40 people are summoned and you crash through an instance with giant monsters seen NOWHERE in the game world. They drop these very strange items called "epics" that are purple and look unique. You manage to get one of these items and equip it. After your raid calls it quits for the night, you're sitting in a packed city. Players come up to you in droves, asking where you got that piece of equipment. They fawn over you and wish they could be you and have what you have.

You smile to yourself, knowing just how fucking hard it was to get that one item, and you look forward to next week's raid.
>>
>>340148942

Well it's a story based on a videogame to begin with
And a strategy one to that
Also the story of the very first one, not even W3
But I think the movie handled itself fine
>>
>>340148481
Has nothing to do with a young age. It has to do with a vibrant and active game world where people actually communicate and group up to do stuff, even if it's trivial, menial content. This is what made Nostalrius so great; every zone was packed full of players and the chat window was brimming with conversation. You couldn't go more than a few minutes without passing someone or a group of people while out questing. I used to get invites all the time for just about anything. None of that happens in retail WoW anymore. A good portion of the game is spent with players sitting in their garrisons doing solo stuff or in capital cities waiting for dungeon/raid queues to pop.
>>
>>340142748
Bullshit, you were faction locked and you couldn't even roll a new character or log in if there was a huge faction pop gap on higher pop servers.
>>
>>340147932

I tell you 1-60 everything fine, they developed that side just fine. You know from the get go that Lich King is defeated,. Illidan is gone and detained but when you reach level 60 that's when shit hits the fan before level 60 the big guy is an insane dragon aspect who is corrupted by the old gods.

Sudden in level 60 your blasted to Outland where Illidan is the big bad guy along with the burning legion but isn't he detained and deathwing the bad guy not by this game standard, then 70 - 80 your in northrend where Lich king is the big bad guy but wait isn't he dead? well not yet fella it's all a lie. Then Deathwing is the big bad guy again.

That's one of the problems and now they are going back to all the previous expansions and updating fucking gear again. They need to simpfly the game not by oversimplflying classes which they are doing but simpflying the content that needed to work on.

They are working on 12 years worth of content when they should be working at most 4 games worth of content at most with Catalyscm as the base, MOP, WOD and Legion.

The games should of been like Hearthstone when you introduce new characters you need to excise the ones that don't matter anymore i.e the ones that are FUCKING DEAD not add new classes and trying to keep things fresh.
>>
>>340138032
WoW is in death spiral
>>
>>340149186

Yeah, well it's the direction the chose based on subs think. People are moving on and leave the game leaving only diehard fans behind, and to please new blood you have to make it accesable I guess
>>
>>340149186

Nostalrius showed why from Catalyscm forward was bad, there was too much content to work on for even if the Blizzard team was big.

There are 7 games of content to work on when it should of been reduced when Deathwing nuked Azeroth.
>>
>>340149474

Dude fuck you
Lots of content is always great
And just because you have you have your view on things doesnt mean I dont have to experience some old content
>>
File: 1465097896360.jpg (41 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1465097896360.jpg
41 KB, 720x720
>>340149082
then you d/c and mom comes down to the basement and says go the fuck to bed and get a job, giving you that disappointed/disgusted look that you, of all the pieces of shit she shat in her lifetime, are the one who grew into a 30 year old WoW addicted time-wasting parasite
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (2 MB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
2 MB, 420x236
>>340149085
He's hailed himself as a top not ch fantasy writer, yet his fantasy is literally "muh epic moments" and complete cliches and stolen content

His work is so derivative and finally now that those not emotionally shackled to the franchise have had a chance to review it, it's receiving the derision it has deserved for decades
>>
>>340149668
How did you know I was 30?
>>
>>340149686

Well I have to passion for Metzen, but W3 will always have a special place in my heart
>>
>>340149634

I accept the fuck you since I didn't give a solution but you forgot what the Caverns of Time is suppose to do.

Cavern of Time is to experience old content, you experience everything from Warcraft I to Wacraft III major events.

Why not make Outlands and Northrend as a max leveling experience in Legion where you experience the story-line from the past and at the end of the story where you defeat Illidian or Lich King in that story-line forcing the retreat you get an reward at the end like a set of artifact gems for your weapons.

And then you have to do the final raid for the tier cosmetic armor set from that era and then for the next expansion you can theme that armor to be Expansion exclusive for example.
>>
>>340149769

Well you have to be over >30 to remember WoW in its prime. I mean. It was over 13 years ago.
>>
>>340149902

Much more work than simply adding new areas
>>
File: 1434061820866.gif (641 KB, 339x509) Image search: [Google]
1434061820866.gif
641 KB, 339x509
>>340149769
because the few acquaintances i have that wear 12 inch thick rose-tinted glasses for WoW are all as well, and nearly cried when Nostalrius was taken down, not that i support the decision, it was just hilarious how they reacted
>>
>>340149634
Lots of relevant content is great*

Problem with BC/Wrath/Cata/MOP now is that it serves no purpose, its no longer really part of the active world, when you play an open world MMO you play it to play with others running around doing things with or along side you, but with expansions in an MMO like WOW everyone is funneled into the new content, the old content is phased out either by accelerated leveling or some other way to skip it

Really though, what the fuck is the point of doing a coffer or emp run in BRD these days?

The quests are irrelivant, the gear will be replaced by random quest gear, im pretty sure they removed the coffer enchants anyway, so why even have that content in?

People play MMOs to play with others, by having so much content that is completely untouched and irrelivant to your character progression except to the random achievement whore makes that content worthless.

One of the things vanilla did right was give many zones reasons to revisit them without forcing it down your throat to the point that you need a private instance to make it bearable.
>>
>>340149686
when did he call himself a top notch writer?
>>
>>340149960

Well they leveled to 60(in vanilla holy shit) and now this, I understand them
>>
>>340150037
yeah i raided with them even though i'm younger than them, shit wasn't as fun as they remember it at all
>>
>>340149997
Oh and on top of that reworking/revamping content into the new style like they did with scarlet monastery/scholomance was a huge FUCK YOU, those dungeons were great for their time, turning them into boss rushes just ruined it.
>>
>>340149953

But less work then Re-working ALL the fucking gear from 7 games worth which they are doing in EVERY fucking expansion at the moment and they have to make sure the next expansion don't fuck up the previous 6-7 games!!

They have millions of gears and items which need stats rearrangement which they are doing every expansion. Cutting the gear = a lot of less work.

You only have to do this once, and then update the level requirements once it's done and then you have in reserve a lot of fucking dungeons/raids which you can re-use and theme with the expansion, hell you could use hellfire citadel ironworks and those 3 guys at the end could be used as champions in your Class hall!!
>>
File: meatball.png (27 KB, 132x108) Image search: [Google]
meatball.png
27 KB, 132x108
>>340150102
Maybe you're just a fag with shit taste as your Overwatch and animu reaction images suggest.
>>
>>340149997

It's the joy of exploring the world
I have 650mbs of screenshots I took while getting up to WoD. And exploring the world was one of the greatest things ever.
>>
>>340150189
You're just another flavor of Everquest/Runescape arrested development syndrome.
>>
File: 1461202200545.png (717 KB, 770x460) Image search: [Google]
1461202200545.png
717 KB, 770x460
>>340150262
Maybe I just like good games.
>>
>>340150184

I can agree on cutting content - I read how many quests were butchered after Cataclysm and it angeres me I'll never experience them
>>
File: 1459986446488.png (2 MB, 1250x969) Image search: [Google]
1459986446488.png
2 MB, 1250x969
>tfw
>>
>>340150189
i don't even know what animu that's from but i thought it was perfect considering the button pushing for luls aspect of it, especially with nostalgiatards. i guess it worked

people nostalgic of how WoW was in vanilla is fine, but people comparing WoW to how it is now and claiming it was better are idiots, WoW was shoddy as all fuck in vanilla and the amount of time wasted and not-fun to get to the fun isn't worth returning to ever
>>
File: 8vdPIU0[1].png (11 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
8vdPIU0[1].png
11 KB, 645x773
>>340150407

The hype died down and people moved on.
>You'll never experience WoW in its prime

I...I play for the exploration and story a..anyway
>>
>>340150407
Aw man, Ereka is there. I miss it too.
>>
>>340150465

It's the experience of playing with lots of friends and not the game itself I guess. Shit was hip and every friend was playing it
>>
>>340150465
The fun factor in vanilla lasted longer, despite al the 'time wasted' mechanics we used to call quests.
>>
File: Bane.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bane.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>340150407
>>
File: goofball.png (21 KB, 91x116) Image search: [Google]
goofball.png
21 KB, 91x116
>>340150465
>people comparing WoW to how it is now and claiming it was better are idiots, WoW was shoddy as all fuck in vanilla and the amount of time wasted and not-fun to get to the fun isn't worth returning to ever
So you're retarded. Just as I suspected.
>>
First two months everyone will be hyped, then it will die down again. Somehow WoW manages to have 0 stayingopower at max level unless you think raiding = endgame.
>>
>>340150581

It's because you were playing together with other people. Nowdays even in Nostarius it was hard as fuck to find friendly people to play with
>>
>>340150578
i completely agree with this, and is why i play any game i do right now, for the most part
>>
File: Here_we_go_again.jpg (26 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
Here_we_go_again.jpg
26 KB, 294x294
>>340150670
>Just because im antisocial means there was no groups

You're like that guy who posted on the forums about how LFD helps him because he can't talk to people.
>>
File: triggered.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>>340150663
>yfw reading all of this
get over it you old fag
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 95

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.