[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Official Silent Hill Ranking Order
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: sh3.jpg (128 KB, 877x623) Image search: [Google]
sh3.jpg
128 KB, 877x623
Silent Hill 3 > 1 > 2 > 4

Also this might be controversial, but I actually think its more fun to play Silent Hill 3 before 1. I know SH1 comes first chronologically, but if you play Silent Hill 3 first, you start off thinking Heather is just an ordinary girl and uncover the mystery along her. Then you can play SH1 like it was a prequel.
>>
was heather raped?
>>
File: 1461379013448.jpg (204 KB, 399x589) Image search: [Google]
1461379013448.jpg
204 KB, 399x589
>>340132358
>>
Silent Hill 1 has not aged well bro. Not in terms of story, appearance, voice acting, music. Nothing.

Putting it towards the top is pure nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>340132676
I playing it now. Its great. The piano puzzle is one of the best ever.
>>
>>340132358
we get it, you suck twinperfect cock

objective list is

2 > 1=3 > 4
>>
>>340132676

But it has. It's like watching that old, obscure horror movie.
>>
>tfw I look like a boyish version of Heather

I should cosplay her someday
>>
>>340133039

I loved SH 1 when it first came out and it scared the shit out of me. I think I was like 12.

Replayed it last year and just really couldn't get into it at all. SH 2 is an example of a game that has aged well. SH 1 is just a mess now.
>>
>>340133039

maybe if you mean like a modern day teenager watching an old nightmare on elm street movie. meaning it's just not even remotely effective anymore.

>that first "scary" scene when you're attacked by undead babies
>>
>>340132869
I firmly believe in this one
3>1=2>4
Not to say it's ranked from best to worst, but I just enjoyed 3 the most.

in my honest desu, 3 did Horror the best. 2 had the best Story, and 1 had the perfect atmosphere and great horror as well.

2's horror is more tame to me. It's not as curious as 3 and not as isolated as 1 in terms of grandiosity for lack of a better word.
>>
>>340133907

No. I mean being an adult and watching that something more obscure than some slasher like Elm Street film.

I'm talking about John Carpenter, David Cronenberg and David Lynch level here, movies which have those ominous moments if it's in a dialogue, old special effects or music.

Funny how you mention that scene where you're attacked by the babies when it's the part before it which makes me feel the most uneasy before the conclusion. That foggy alley, the siren in the background, stuff like wheelchair in places where you're not expecting to see them.

Facing the enemies in Silent Hill games in general is where they drop the ball. It's those moments when you just see them in the distance or hear them.

The first Silent Hill has some genuinely brilliant moments, like:
>when you step out from the house and it gets dark all of a sudden and the siren starts wailing
>the differences in between the two "worlds" like the cat in the locker
>the additional button appearing in the elevator
>the painting of the door with two corpses on both sides actually becoming real
>>
>>340132358
stop shilling you are not alowed to talk about this game /v/ says so
>>
>>
>>340132676
I played it for the first time a few years ago...it was better than 4, at least.
>>
>>340132676
>music
>not aged well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4J2gBFiM0A

I don't know what you're talking about.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.