[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats her name?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: aeries.jpg (189 KB, 1417x1032) Image search: [Google]
aeries.jpg
189 KB, 1417x1032
Whats her name?
>>
Anyone who actually says Aerith deserves a beatdown.

A good alternate name for her is Healslut.
>>
>>340132395
>>
>>340132282
the name she has by default.
>>
>>340132395
Anyone who says Aeris is autistic or a nostalgia fag. Every piece of media with her in it after the original ff7 has her name as Aerith.
>it sounds like aeris with is lisp
You wouldn't say that if you never knew she was called aeris, or do you complain about sephiroth sounding like sephiross with a lisp too?
Do you call bartz butz?
Do you call Terra tina?
>>
>>340133124
nip language is phonetic

the name was written with the equivalent of a 'th' because japs have trouble pronouncing it, instead it forces them to make an 's' sound. It was a calculated decision to pronounce the name as aeris

the spergs forced the 'th' to be acknowledged because they were the loudest faction about it, and square-enix absolutely didn't give a single fuck

in any case it was meant as aeris even though you dumb shitheads went above and beyond to have it altered
>>
>>340132282
I swear to god americunts are a bunch of retards when it comes to this
>>
>>340132282
Sephiroth
>>
>>340132282
Dead.
>>
>>340132282
A Name
>>
>>340132282
That's a strong jawline
>>
>>340133124
>Do you call bartz butz?
I do because I grew up with the FF5 fan translation
>Do you call Terra tina?
Aren't you kind of invalidating your own point here? It IS Tina Branford as far as the "official" game is concerned. Terra is a mistranslation. Point is, millions of people know her as Aeris so that's what her name is to those people, even if it wasn't the original intent of the artist.
>>
>>340133792
By your idiot logic, we should all just call the main character "Crowd", because after all it's pronounced to them as "Kuraudo" and the Japanese don't have the "L" in their language.

It's meant to be "Aerith" because it sounds like Earth, which is a noun that has to do with fucking nature just like Cloud and a shitload of other FF characters. And since it's now what ALL games refer to her as these days, it's time to get over it.
>>
>>340132395
Her name is Aerith in Crisis Core though... Just saying, its gonna be Aerith in the remake.
>>
>>340132282
name: iDie
>>
Red Shirt
>>
Aerip.
>>
>>340133792
Are you actually retarded or just pretending?
>>
>>340133124
FF6 was the first FF game to have official romanizations of the player character names, in which Tina Branford is definitely her name, just as it's Aerith Gainsborough in FF7.

Bartz was retconned and I have a feeling those who did the retconning didn't know the original intended romanization, and indeed there might not have even been one, since FF5 took mostly after the games were you named your own protagonists. バッツ is not how you'd romanize "Bartz" and while Butz is laughable, it's at least passably closer to the original.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.