[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we make horror games fun again? Also what are some good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
How do we make horror games fun again?

Also what are some good horror games that have come out in the last few years?
>>
>>340131095
Dead by Dead light
>>
File: 1464806928215.jpg (54 KB, 439x423) Image search: [Google]
1464806928215.jpg
54 KB, 439x423
>search Youtube for horror
>skinwalkers, home invasion, bum / weirdo nobody knew was living in a cupboard for six months, skinwalker
>>
>Horror game
>Broad daylight
>Every area is populated and public, malls, parks, busy streets, etc
>The monster is a shape-shifter trying to kill you because you saw his real form
>You need to go through these areas, always on the lookout for a person hunting you down, while trying to find his weakness if any
>He can shapeshift into any human physiology but always has a certain tell, such as the eyes or a mark

That's been my idea for a horror game for a few years now. I've always thought that it would be amazing to be scared in a game where you're constantly surrounded by friendly people you need to constantly be suspicious of because the enemy could be any of them.

>Walk through a park and try to avoid getting close to anyone
>Someone running towards you
>It's just a jogger

>Find a policeman and ask him for help
>It's the shapeshifter

>Little kid with a balloon walking around
>pulls out a knife when you move close to him

I want to be fucking paranoid of everyone and everything in a horror game for once.

Shame I can't develop games for shit.
>>
>>340131095
Less jump scares, for starters. I'd prefer to see more disturbing environments in newer horror games, similar to the Silent Hill series.
>>
>>340131912
There's a movie like that. Unfortunately the monster turns out to just be some stupid fucking magic rapist that dies from a gunshot to the head.
>>
>>340131912
This a great idea thanks anon going to get rich :^)
>>
File: Skeletan.jpg (3 KB, 200x181) Image search: [Google]
Skeletan.jpg
3 KB, 200x181
>>340131095
Lets see if Outlast II Doesn't fall like other ''Horror'' Games.
>>
>>340133735
thank mr skeltal
>>
>>340133735
Did they add gameplay this time?
>>
Creatively fucking with the player and great sound design. Have a game start out treating the player normally, rolling out like a typical horror game but then flip everything on its head, making the player unsure and scared of what's to come.

Sounds mimicking your movement, distant noises, rumbling, inhuman sounds, dead silence, etc. Maybe introduce two conflicting enemie types. Say one that is driven away by feedback on your walkie talkie but one that is attracted to it, hard to detect visually but easy to hear approaching if you're quiet. I'd like that.
>>
>>340131095
>silent hills cancelled
>allison road cancelled
>outlast is mediocre, dlc is slightly better
>until dawn is a one-timer fun only if you kill everyone
>layers of fear got shat on despite being somewhat brilliant
>soma got shat on because hurr durr walking simulator no jumpscares

I don't know mang, let's hope outlast 2 would be less focused on running around like a fucktard and more on sublte horror that makes your skin crawl. I mean they have the perfect setting for some seriously spoopy shit
>>
>>340131912
Isn't this just assassins creed multiplayer?
>>
File: haw.gif (1014 KB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
haw.gif
1014 KB, 290x189
>>340134689
>being somewhat brilliant
>>
papers please was eerily unnerving
>>
>>340131172
/thread
>>
>>340134818
Pretty much.
>>
>>340134873
It's shitty horror game, yes, but the idea of combining stanley parable with horror where you can actually go astray and do what you think needs to be done rather than following where the game leads you is pretty cool.
The main problem with layers is that it's too fucking vague with that shit and there is literally zero chance you figure it out on the first playthrough
>>
What's that one game not out yet where you have to blend in with the town of drug-fueled psychos?
>>
>>340131095
>You can't hurt or attack your opponent
>How spookedeky do
>>
File: We_Happy_Few_citizens.jpg (80 KB, 680x368) Image search: [Google]
We_Happy_Few_citizens.jpg
80 KB, 680x368
>>340135281
We Happy Few
>>
>>340131095
The Evil Within
>>
>>340131912
Trouble in Terrorist Town is kind of like that, though it's not horror.
>>
File: 1456587653958.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1456587653958.gif
2 MB, 200x200
What are some good horror games where's something weird going on in little town?
>>
>>340136497
>>
>>340136497
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Harvester
>>
>>340136497
Siren blood curse

>>340136746
only the first two-three hours are good, the rest varies from ok to a bloody disgrace
>>
>>340136848
gonna have to agree
>>
>>340136746
>>340136819
>CoC
>good

Maybe if you stop playing after the first few hours, it turns into a really shitty FPS after that.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.