[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this game supposed to be fun? I decided to get it after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Super_Mario_Maker_Artwork[1].jpg (76 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_Maker_Artwork[1].jpg
76 KB, 300x400
Was this game supposed to be fun?

I decided to get it after all the hype and after 30 minutes I decided that I got all of my enjoyment out of it. What was the point of this?
>>
It takes some effort to find fun levels to play. Some /v/ makers have come up with some really amazing shit. Look for a thread on the weekends.
>>
>>340125529

Spend hours putting actual effort into levels only to have people quit after 2-3 tries after dying to the first enemy/hole they encounter.

The completion ratio for levels makes the community look like complete retards that never touched a Mario game before this one. Even for easy levels its low.
>>
>>340127202
/v/ players are much better. The average random kid playing your levels will suck horribly.
>>
>>340127202
Well I don't know about completion rates on levels, but one thing that really disappointed me was how little you could do in the game while playing offline.

I don't feel like I would want to invest time into game when the Wii U is likely to be discontinued within a year.
>>
>>340127753

Even /v/ players suck to a certain degree. They certainly can make good levels, but very few can handle anything challenging.
>>
>>340125529
play some event levels instead of random ones

go to
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net

and bookmark top rated ones -- there are some really great ones

if you still don't like it -- maybe you just don't like Mario platforming as much as you hoped you did when you bought this game
>>
>>340127971

The best way we can mitigate this is to download as much levels as we can in the mean time. That way we might just be able to squeeze some replay value out of this.

Though I must admit I do like making and playing my own levels, so there is the fun in that.
>>
>>340128763
I guess I could try this, although I've never been someone that enjoys creating content.
>>
>>340129478

Admittedly, I've never been all that into it either. Only times I enjoyed it were when I made levels for Brawl and when I'm making/playing my levels in Super Mario Maker.

I wish /v/ still made threads though, those were some fun.
>>
>>340127971
>>340128763

Why would you limit yourself by playing offline? Clearly you have an internet connection, therefore access to hundreds of perfectly good levels. Here, try this shit.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/C662-0000-023A-620F

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/234C-0000-01EE-02E3

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/0F80-0000-01CB-7276
>>
>>340130029
I'm just saying that once Nintendo shuts down SMM servers the game will be useless.
>>
>>340130029

Well, what we mean is when the servers/activity inevitably dies down. We need to be prepared for that.
>>
every day, huh op
>>
>>340130172
But that will never happen!

>Mario Kart Wii is unplayable and only a few years old
Oh...
>>
>>340130207

By the way, I liked that Mecha Bowzilla stage, real creative. Haven't tried 1408 yet, loved the movie so any reference I think is real cool.
>>
>>340130324

He's posted this before? Did I just get taken for a ruse cruise here?
>>
I fucking hate how much I constantly keep hitting the weight limit whenever I'm creating levels. Holy fuck, why does a weight limit even exist in the first place? STOP RESTRICTING MY CREATIVITY AND LEMME MAKE SOME IMMERSIVE LEVELS N SHIT.
>>
>>340130324
>Implying
>>
>>340127979
At least we got a few pros on /v/ who can handle almost anything.
>>
>>340130598

Those guys I like. They tend to be the most chill and open to trying out anything.
>>
>>340130553

I can handle a weight limit, what I can't handle is levels being taken down for whatever reason. This obviously hasn't fucking helped, as we still get some real trash released on a regular basis.
>>
>>340130553
There are ways to work with the object limits if you get clever. Put enemies in pipes or blasters to get more than if you just put one out in the open. Stretch out semi solid platforms and line the edge with blocks instead of filling up that whole space with blocks. Things like that.
>>
>>340130832
I've heard that playing a fuckton of levels can make you immune to getting your levels taken down.
>>
>>340131337

I guess I better start playing more levels.
>>
Would anybody here be interested in playing a bunch of stages made by an 8 year old?
My little bro made a bunch of little short levels with some neat ideas.
Also
POST YOUR LEVELS
I'VE PLAYED OVER 1500 LEVELS AND I'M READY FOR MORE
>>
This is the best /v/-made level I've played.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/0F80-0000-01CB-7276

Nicely varied and very well designed. Feels like I'm playing a 2D Super Mario 64.
>>
File: epic fail.png (99 KB, 277x365) Image search: [Google]
epic fail.png
99 KB, 277x365
>>340135267
Aww shit, wrong Ctrl+V. Accidentally pasted link to a level an anon had posted earlier which I just bookmarked.

This is the one I'm referring to
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/037B-0000-015E-DB5E
>>
>>340135345
>Already beat it
Damn
I mean I have like 14 other bookmarked courses to play through, but I like going through /v/'s levels
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.