[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch confirmed 20 hz tickrat, not client update rate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (264 KB, 744x1228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264 KB, 744x1228
So apparently 20 tick is not a meme? Not even the client update rate vs server tickrate stuff we were tossing around for a few weeks and what was in that one youtube video, game is actually 20 ticks apparently.
>>
I think regardless of 20 tick or not - the game definitely has netcode issues. There is nothing more frustrating than rewinding and dying mid-rewind, being hooked through a wall, or being sniped through a wall when you weren't even out in the open. After all these things happen, the killcam shows you standing there like a retard.
>>
>>340125660
Hooked through a wall becomes even worse, because sometimes the game decides it hooked you, but since its through a wall, ill just pull you against the wall for a while.
>>
>>340125483
>game is actually 20 ticks apparently.
do you live under a rock
>>
>>340125483
i've noticed that even getting headshots with widow maker seems to be luck too. i can go games where im unstoppable and then other ones where my shots dont connect. it's frustrating.
>>
>Playing Torb
>Activate Molten Core
>Tracer nearby, smash her face in with a hammer
>I'm literally in her face smashing it while she backpedals, she's not taking damage though
>She kills me
>Killcam time
>I'm 3 feet away from her whiffing the air like a retard
Nice
>>
Good thing I don't care about competitive. There's going to be at least 4 McRetards running around the map once ranked MM comes out.
>>
>>340126279
I once got hooked and pulled through a wall, the kill cam even showed me clip through.
>>
20 tick has been confirmed ages ago, anon.
>>
>>340127334
So why do we still have tickrate apologists
>>
>>340127393
False flaggers and retards. Same case as usual
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0zbpPCdhGk
>>
>>340126279
it happens way to fucking often
>>
>>340127393
marketing, son
>>
>>340127485
Video is wrong according to reddit

Dude will probably revisit overwatch netcode or something
>>
0% chance that blizz will upgrade servers, like valve. this is why overwatch wont be taken seriously in a few months, especially as an 'esport.'
>>
>>340127393
blizzdrones
>>
>>340125483
This game literally can't be played competitively
>>
>>340125483
I thought the client updated the server at 60hz, and the server itself ran at 60hz, but the server only updated the client at 20hz?
>>
>>340127393
buyers remorse maybe
>>
>>340127884
That would be exactly how tf2 and cs:go work, see >>340127647
>>
Everytime I'm almost dead and hit Mei's iceberg ability and still die pisses me off, I know I hit it in time because I hear the ice crack sound of it activating.
>>
>>340127647
>>340128024
So what does reddit say then?
>>
>>340125483
>hooked by pudgehog
>he misses his shotgun point blank

I like to think it has atleast helped me a little bit unless these players are just garbage
>>
>>340126931
theyre nerfing him tho
>>
>>340125660
>>340126279
Being hooked through a wall is lag compensation's work, not tick rate.
>>
>>340128389
its both.
>>
File: 1441557193124.jpg (204 KB, 385x562) Image search: [Google]
1441557193124.jpg
204 KB, 385x562
>confirmed
Since before the beta was even out

Good job being late to the party OP
>>
>>340128275
Seriously.
I've survived getting hooked countless times as plugsuit D.Va by instantly crouchjumping after getting hooked.

I refuse to believe every Roadhog is that bad.
>>
>>340125660
Anyone know if the game runs on servers or player hosts? for console and pc version
>>
>>340130079
Well, hooked people don't always appear right in front of roadhog, as they should. They fucking go all over the place, sometimes even behind him. Or to the side. Or kinda far from him.

Its super annoying. Especially against Lucios and D.vas
>>
>>340128389

Well that and there are hook angles that can pull you through walls/corners
>>
>>340126931
Ranked is going to allow only one character per team
>>
>>340131353
Source?
>>
Overwatch thread? Overwatch thread! :P
I love Tracer so much I want to cum in her little booty hole! I want to stick my pee pee in her butthole and maker say OI LUV. I want to have sex with a character from Overwatch because I love her so much. Game of the year in my opinion! I have so much fun playing Overwatch and looking at all the cute cartoon girls. :) Nerf Mei and the cowboy am I right? Haha. Too OP!
>>
>>340125483
Youd think after what happened with Battlefield 3 and 4 that devs would learn
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.