[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finish expansions or main story first?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I have not finished the main story of TW3, but I own both expansions. Geralt is currently level 31, and I am currently in Novigrad right after Bald Mountain to prepare to confront Eredin.

For those who completed the expansions and main story, what should I do? Should I complete the main story, then expansions, or do them first before the main story?

I think if I do the expansions first, the main ending will feel more satisfying, but I am also afraid of being overleveled for the ending.
>>
>>340113180
Blood and Wine is canonically set after the main story and doing it before will make you miss out on some scenes.

Play HoS before main story, preferably before battle for Kaer Morhen
>>
>>340113364
Already done the battle of Kaer Morhen. Will do Hearts of Stone immediately.

Another anon said both expansions take place any time during the main story, and also I heard Geralt an heroes in one ending, but I think I am on the path to the Yen ending
>>
>>340113591
Geralt does an hero in one of the endings but HoS is very much set after main story.
Characters reference ending the Wide Cunt threat (if you did) and you get extra scenes after you beat the expansion and chill in your vineyard that only happen if you beat the main story before starting the expansion. Otherwise you miss out on those scenes.
Also plot-wise it makes no sense to do it before main story.
>>
>>340113180
Are you literally me?
>>
>>340113795
When does he an hero?
>>
>>340114060
In the ending you get where you were a shit father to Ciri.
The endings depend entirely on your choices with her.
There's 3.
If you were a shit father, you an hero.
If you were a good father but visited Emhyr with her/gave her to Emhyr she becomes Empress.
If you were a good father and didn't go to Emhyr, she becomes a witcheress.
>>
>>340113795
Hearts of Stone takes place after the main story? I thought only Blood and Wine did.
>>
Both expansions make the best narrative sense when played after the main story
>>
I did both Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine after the main game. If you haven't completed the story there will be extra Hearts of Stone related dialog options, mostly related to the mark on Geralt's face that is given to him by O'Dimm.

In Blood and Wine, Ciri appears at the end and comes and lives on your vineyard and appears to just sit under a tree. The game acts as though you had the Witcher ending regardless of which choice you made (I had the emperor ending)
>>
>>340116262

The Ciri B&W ending is if you didn't get involved with Yen or Triss, and if Ciri is ded I hear it's Dandelion that visits
>>
>>340116568
I got involved with Both Yenn and Triss and they got pissed at me so my Geralt was forever alone until he got to bang the HoS girl Shani
>>
>>340113795
>characters reference ending the wide cunt threat

Oh man, I haven't had this happen yet in blood and wine, but I've beat the game. Now I'm nervous that I started Blood & Wine on the wrong save and won't get to see the extra scenes.
>>
>>340118717
I don't really remember references to the wild hunt but I might have not been paying attention but it definitely impacts the end of the expansion.
>>
The only ending where it makes sense for the expansions to happen afterwards is the one where Geralt is a good dad, ignores Emhyr, and doesn't end up with either Yen or Triss (fucking both or neither). In the other endings he retires with his girl of choice or commits seppuku.

It doesn't really matter I guess, but gameplay wise they are balanced for a character who has beaten the main story.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.