[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can the DLC do to save this? >Only one slightly challenging
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 637388.jpg (498 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
637388.jpg
498 KB, 1920x1200
What can the DLC do to save this?

>Only one slightly challenging boss
>Awful NG+
>Super short, even including optional areas
>No Poise

First game in ages I got the season pass for, starting to feel that buyer's remorse
>>

Souls games were never that difficult.

>Awful NG+

This is true, DaS 2 at least had the right idea with changing some things up.

It is just as long as both DaS and DaS 2

>No Poise

Do people honestly like poise as a mechanic?
>>
>>340108572
>Do people honestly like poise as a mechanic?

From the amount of people complaining, you'd guess they do.
>>
Isn't there going to be like 3 expansions for the game?
>>
File: 1442603247869.jpg (30 KB, 524x336) Image search: [Google]
1442603247869.jpg
30 KB, 524x336
>First game in ages I got the season pass for
I will never understand this. You have no idea what the DLC could be, or how much you're going to save, which is usually $5-$10, which is fuck all considering you could always buy the season pass after the DLC is out or just spend the extra $10 knowing you're not getting jipped. I enjoyed DaS III, but I'd never toucha season pass, the only one I've bought is just now TW3 to save $10 cause I like teh look of the DLC. I'm gald you're having buyers remorse, stop being a faggot and wasting money.
>>
File: stiffness.gif (603 KB, 106x124) Image search: [Google]
stiffness.gif
603 KB, 106x124
>>340108408
are you fucking stupid kid. DS3 is better than every souls game so far. Poise? get real kid, fucking noobs want poise. awful ng+? kek ng+1 made iudex so hard it took me literally 2 hours to kill. your just an over the top fagot you cant have fun basically kido
>>
>>340108572
>>340108408

>Souls games were never that difficult.
Ehhhhhh yeah!

>Awful NG+
Too bad huh.. More enemies should have been added or something. More invasions, whatever.

I think Dark Souls: Prepare to Die was longer, but only after all the patches were in.

>"No Poise"
GOOD. Hyper Armor is a cooler mechanic anyway.
>>
>>340108572
>Just as long as DaS1/2
1 had like 30 bosses and 2 had 40 (not exact numbers just ball parking)
3 doesn't even have 20, so no, it's not equal
>>
>>340108572

No poise is what gives these meta-following tryhards in PvP their kills.

>Lol one hit from my twin cruved swords into insta-bleed DEATH combo because no poise lol

Actual functioning armor would render these little shits useless, provided you invest stats into wearing heavier armor. Not only that, but the fact that you can't stack poise for the hell of it like in DAS1 is proof enough that at some point the system was coming back, but modified and balanced until they simply scrapped it for who knows fucking why. It's like they don't WANT the PvP to extend the game's lifespan.

>Nerf body buffs so that you can't stack them and deal massive ultra greatsword-tier damage with a fucking dagger like in DaS2
>Nerf spell buffs as well
>Nerf rings with defense and damage boost effects, except hornet ring because who fucking knows again
>Give heavier weapons hyper armor so you can use them even without wearing heavy armor, so you can trade effectively

And then

>Reuse the same shitty netcode they've been using since Demon's Souls, every faggot with a longsword effectively has the range of two spears glued together
>Armor does jack fucking shit to protect against stunlocks from gankers and smaller weapons
>Wolf ring that does fucking NOTHING
>You get poise at the end of your roll for no real fucking reason other than the mechanic being bugged to shit
>Just leave it that way and never say anything about it

Dark Souls 2 pretended it had poise, too. Don't know why they insist on having it show up screen for this one. It's a fucked up trend with Miyazaki, as he seems to have a fetish for stunlocks. I get giving people two-hit combos as guaranteed, since that makes fights actually not last forever, but armor not doing anything AND having a stat telling you that they do is fucking awful.

Even in Dark Souls 2 PvE the poise sort of prevented staggers if you stacked it up really high. It didn't fucking work most of the time but at least even the fucking B-Team tried.
>>
>>340108707
Well I mean it's kind of the only point of wearing heavy armor, without it there's no point of even including the more heavy armors as dmg reduction doesn't do shit for you anyway. It's still going to take the same amount of hits to kill you, should at least be able to tank through them.
>>
Kill yourself poise shitter
>>
>>340108572
>>340109630
DaS 1 - 22 bosses
DaS 2- 31 bosses
DaS 3 - 19 bosses

Not counting the DLC ones, but that wouldn't be fair anyway since DLC for the third game's not out yet.
Third game's definitely the one with the least content, though.
>>
>>340109687
This, your dagger should not stagger me in an armor that's literally made of stone
>>
>>340109687

From did that with Armored Core Nexus to Last Raven with machine gun stunlock. Japs just don't like fun.
>>
File: logo_0.png (2 MB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
logo_0.png
2 MB, 1422x800
>Awful NG+
>No Poise
I'm recalling another FromSoft game all of this applies to.

But it doesn't count of course since exclusives are literally perfect.
>>
File: sRwqtdA.jpg (170 KB, 498x906) Image search: [Google]
sRwqtdA.jpg
170 KB, 498x906
>>340114089
>only ONE challenging boss
Who was that? Because everyone I've seen talk about it has multiples and different ones that give them trouble.
Vicar Amelia is the top for most people I think, but Rom, Gascongne, Cainhurst Knight (One who kills Eileen), and the Witches all get posted quite often with people stuck on them.
Bloodborne isn't short either, especially the first playthrough.
>>
>>340114089
We're talking about Dark Souls, Bloodborne did everything right for Bloodborne, since it had no previous iteration to live up to.
>>
>>340114686
>Because everyone I've seen talk about it has multiples and different ones that give them trouble.
Same for Dark Souls 3

There's always somebody complaining about being stuck on Pontiff or Aldrich or Dancer or Twin Princes or Nameless King

>Bloodborne isn't short either, especially the first playthrough.
It's SUPER short though. It hides that aspect well but when you ignore the optional content it's shorter than Demon Souls (which takes only about 20hours first time).

I'm not trying to shit on Bloodborne here, I love the game, but it seems to me people are giving DS3 shit for things nobody minds in Bloodborne. BB's base game bosses aren't that hard either and many of them are just a variation on "hairy beast with four legs and screams alot", but the DLC bosses were some of the hardest in the entire series so it gets a pass.
>>
>>340115074
Except everyone knows it's from the makers of Demon's/Dark Souls and it shares so many things with them the franchise is called by fans "Soulsborne"
>>
>>340115609
I swear, Kos remains to be my hardest boss fight, uncountable are the times he beat me to death with his placenta...
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.