[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite Resident Evil? (And why is it Deadly Silence?)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 405x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 405x363
What is your favorite Resident Evil? (And why is it Deadly Silence?)

>Serious thread
>>
>>340103775
Whats so good above the original?

I only remember some strange first person mode.
>>
>>340104112
Nothing, they are the same! Thats why its so good. Shitty graphics and voice acting, same tank controls, everything that makes a good survival horror game is here. I cant remember another good violent game in the DS better than this gem, maybe GTA: CW. Hopefully the RE2 Remake delivers
>>
>>340104461
>Hopefully the RE2 Remake delivers
It wont.
>>
>>340104583
You think? Is there any new info on the gane?
>>
>>340104112
Being able to skip the door 'loading' screens.
Also, a nice co-op mode similar to Outbreak but on a smaller scale.

Wasn't that interested about the touchscreen knife minigame.
>>
>>340103775
The REmake was better and is the best RE game.
>>
>>340105032
This game has the best multiplayer. There should have been more maps and modes.
>>
>>340104906
No but Capcom has been saying to be returning to their roots since forever and they havent.

>>340105032
Sounds cool, is the coop mode playable with an AI?
>>
>>340105032
>Being able to skip the door 'loading' screens.

Pro-tip: You can do this on the PC releases of all the original RE games. The PC releases are perfect ports too, same with the Silent Hill PC releases.
>>
>>340105164
Nope, which was annoying because you were limited to local co-op.
>>
>>340104112
You can touch Jill's boobs and butt with the stylus and she'll react
>>
>>340105164
Well REmake was good so hopefully they dont fuck up
>>
>>340105940
Shit.

Thanks i guess i will stick to the PS1 version.
>>
>>340106072
REmake was when capcom was good and RE was still survival horror.
>>
>>340106182
I'm surprised they don't just go back and make Dino Crisis survival horror now and leave Resident Evil to be..whatever the fuck it is now.

That way everyone's happy and we can forget that Dino Crisis 3 was ever a thing.
>>
>>340106069
I would like to see footage of this.
>>
>>340106383
Legacy probably.

though RE should had stayed SH while DC went the action route (Given Dino Crisis went action at DC 2)
>>
>>340106383
Sitting on IPs and doing nothing with them when you could be doing something good with them is what companies like Capcom do best.
>>
>>340106484
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9MHJwnp9Fw

Sorry, only footage I could find.
>>
>>340106558
>Dino Crisis: The Mercenaries
>Punch a T-Rex in the kneecap and suplex a Velociraptor
What's not to like?
>>
>>340106676
nice
>>
REmake.
Hell, I only got around to playing it recently thanks to the HD Remaster, but I absolutely loved it. Definitely my favorite of the classic formula ones.

Got the most play time out of RE5 though thanks to co-op and that godly Mercenaries mode.
>>
>>340106968

I recently played RE5 and didn't much like it, though "co-op" and "Mercenaries" are two of the last things on my mind when I think RE. I did like Lost In Nightmares decently enough, though Desperate Escape made me want to throw my PS3 out of a window.
>>
>>340106968
Have you tried RE: 0? Its the same gameplay as REmake
>>
>>340106676

That might be worth hunting down a copy for.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 626x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 626x576
>>340107301
Try playing RE6, after the Leon campaign youll want to kill yourself
>>
>>340107389

Saying it's the same is a bit off. Yeah, it's a classic RE alright but the story is like discount RE, controlling 2 characters means the resource balance is fucked, and dropping items anywhere was dumber than item boxes. That said it did have some good aspects like the train section, leechmen, and some of its puzzles.
>>
>>340107556

I actually checked some gameplay of it the other day. You're almost certainly right.
>>
>>340107301
That's fair enough. RE5 was certainly not my cup of tea, but I found a way to get a lot of fun times out of it. I also completely agree on the DLC. LiN was cool, but if it weren't for the Jill ass Desperate Escape would have been a complete shit show.
>>340107389
I did sample RE0 HD, but I wasn't too crash hot on it. To be fair I'd just played through REmake twice so maybe I was a little burned out on RE in general.
>>
>>340107798
Really? I was gonna buy it but for 20$ I can buy another game
>>
>>340108252

I mean, I'd say it's worth a playthrough but it's easily my least favorite classic RE. I wouldn't make it a priority buy but I would get around to at least trying it someday.
>>
>>340108252
Wait for a sale
>>
Best girl.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.