[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I recently bought a SNES with 2 controllers, Doom, Mortal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
So I recently bought a SNES with 2 controllers, Doom, Mortal Kombat 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Mrs Pacman, Donkey Kong Country, Mario Paint, TMNT Turtles in Time and Top Gun for NES for only 6 bucks. Now the only question I have is, Where can I buy classic games for SNES without paying outrageous prices, What games do you suggest?

>tldr
>bought a SNES
>Need to know where to buy games and what games I should buy

pic related
>>
You can buy reproduction carts on Aliexpress for a lot less than actual carts on ebay. I'm waiting for some to come in, so i have no idea how comparable they are to genuine carts.
>>
>>340100226
I've thought about this but part of me wants to own originals, I didnt know if there was a site that sold/traded real carts for average prices. Really want a real copy of Earthbound
>>
>>340100725
As far as how the carts look, they look the same, plus it's the only way you're going to get an Earthbound cart that is not ridiculously overpriced
>>
>>340101009
figues
>>
Just learn japanese and get all the SFC carts instead.
9 times out of 10, they're about a billion times cheaper and NOT completely overpriced.
>>
>>340099968
>Mario Paint without the mouse
Have fun with that.
>>
>>340101469
yeah I know, but hey it was 50 cents wasn't gonna pass it up
>>
>>340101009
I got my copy of Earthbound in a sealed box, with guide for $50. 21 years ago, today.
>>
Should probably ask a board the plays retro games.

>>>vr
>>
>>340101778
OH FUCK IT'S EARTHBOUND'S BIRTHDAY TODAY ANON.
THANKS FOR REMINDING ME.
>>
>>340101836
see my first mistake was not knowing that existed
>>
>>340101910
ayy lmao nice
>>
>DOOM
The SNES version is without a doubt one of the worst versions, if not THE worst version of the game. It's cool to have as a novelty I guess but don't attempt to actually play it on your SNES, it's garbage.
>>
>>340102202
WOT
>>
>>340099968
Unless you want to be a collector for the SNES do what >>340100226 says. It will save you a bunch of money.

If you do want to start collecting then the best bet is flea markets, thrift stores, swap meets, or conventions for the lowest prices. If you don't have any near you then craiglist and ebay can be an alternative. The thing with ebay is that you want to buy 'lots' in the video game section and hope there's a few games you want in there.

getting retro games for dirt prices is basically non-exist now a days. This is mostly due to youtube and people having series about the them looking for retro games. Also dumb ass articles saying "LOOK HOW MUCH YOUR OLD VIDEO GAMES ARE" etc. Nice find getting all that stuff for 6 bucks.
>>
>>340099968
buy an everdrive
>>
>>340103590
or play an emulator instead of being a hipster
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.