[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TEARS OF DENIAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: tears_of_denial[1].png (78 KB, 197x235) Image search: [Google]
tears_of_denial[1].png
78 KB, 197x235
Is using Tears of Denial in PVP frowned upon? I got frustrated because there were so many close matches where I lost because my opponent was using it, so I went ahead and did some soul grinding, then invested a few points in faith just so I could use it in PVP.

But every time I win against someone not using it, I feel like a piece of shit.
>>
>>340099736
Only shitty thing about Tears of Denial is how low the faith requirement is. If it required at least say 30 or something then it would be a lot more balanced since you see so many people who's build isn't at all dedicated to faith still use it.

So to answer your question, not really since you just throw a dagger at the ass and he's dead.
>>
>>340099736

I'm really not sure.
I've got people telling me not bowing in PvP means I'm going against ettiquette and I'm a piece of shit.
I've got people telling me not to estus and I see a bunch of people estus in PVP all the time.
I've got people telling me to ignore then because they're honorfags and don't matter.
I'd basically just play how you want and fuck other people.
>>
>>340100082
Well you bow if you want an honorable duel. Generally if you get summoned through red soap stone it's usually implied you want to do that. Regular invasion though it's free game. If you bow and they bow right back only for you to start chugging estus. Then you're a piece of shit. Otherwise, don't bow if you want to do whatever without looking like a jackass.
>>
>>340100082
As long as you did not summon them yourself, you are free do do whatever you wish. Those invaders are obstructing your progression so give them no mercy. If you Summon, the general unspoken rule is to not be a dick
>>
>>340100082
I think making estus so much faster was a big mistake. It was much easier to punish someone for using it in DS1 and DS2.
In DS3, it's so easy to get out of range, quickly take a gulp, then roll before you can get hit. It also doesn't help that the healing is instant, where in the prior two games, it filled up the health bar more slowly.
>>
It's a gray area.

It isn't 'disrespectful', you won't get any hatemail for it. However, if you use it, you can be sure that your opponent is probably saying "Oh great one of these fags" and will probably taunt you if he wins.
>>
>>340099736
An earlier thread mentioned how easy it is to counter by slapping on some of Kirk's armor and rolling.
>>
>>340100571
Agreed. Estus drinking is way too fast. DaS3 sucks in the details.
>>
>>340100779
I would have done that, but I'd have to do a whole 'nother playthrough. I missed it the first time ;_;
>>
>>340100449
>>340100508

Alright I'll remember that when I bow and get assfucked by their memebuild
>>
>>340100571
I agree that it makes it easier for them to drink the estus, but in the grand scheme of things I think this was a good move as it adds a new layer to the game's strategy and makes winning much more satisfactory.

I typically don't heal even if it's an invasion, but I usually expect (and even plan) on my opponent to drink. This is where the added strategy comes in. They put their guard down knowing that in the past they can just dip away while their enemy R1 spams and they can quickly heal up.

Not me though, when I get their health down, I'm expecting them to flee, so I don't get too greedy with my attacks, this part is key. When they start running just as planned, you give chase. Typically, their opponent will be winded from R1 spamming and it gives them an opportunity to heal, but it doesn't work, I catch up, I kill mid-estus, I squat on their head and throw fecal matter on their corpse.

The faster healing is simply a low-hanging fruit to weed out the newer/less-experienced players. If anything it makes winning easier.
>>
>>340099736
I didn't even know what it was, first time I saw someone with it I was too distracted at why he had a flame on his character.
>>
>>340099736

>He doesnt throw a duelist charm at fags who buff
>>
>>340102046
Tears of denial lasts until your HP reaches zero. I cast it as soon as I see that I've been invaded.
>>
>>340101458
I've never spammed R1 at someone while they ran away. If their health is low, I know they are going to run. Problem is, even if I catch them with a running attack, it still does far less damage than they were able to get back from the estus.
>>
>>340102959
I use the Twin Prince GS, so if someone runs off I just wait till they slow down and hit them with a laser. Even if they manage to get an estus in, it's a free hit.
>>
>>340101268
hollow luck warden twinblades with carthus rouge is the fucking worst
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.