[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody have the pic related for their DS? If so, let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 3ds5.jpg (68 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
3ds5.jpg
68 KB, 224x224
Anybody have the pic related for their DS? If so, let's do a little experiment

https://gbatemp.net/threads/neon-genesis-evangelion-ayanami-raising-project-ds.365648/

This is a relatively unknown game for the DS. It seems that it's actually a port from the PS2 or PC or some shit.

Fast forward to 2014, some dude translated the game from japanese to english. That's around the time I also started watching evangelion, so I wanted to play it.

I can't get it to work. Every time I start the game, the intro plays, but then the game crashes. It seems the game has some sort of AP that does that when the game detects it is running on foreign software.

I contacted other people, and they had it work for them(Same Flashcart, I thing)

If you have the pic related, try this on your DS so that I know for sure if it's me that fucked up, or if I need to buy another cart to play it
>>
........... or use a DS emu?
>>
>>340092647
it's not the same, the point is that I get to play it wherever I want to

Also, /v/ is not letting me post the link to guy's site, instead I had to link some shitty forum thread
>>
Probably the card's card. I honestly don't know which firmware that shit uses, but if it's some kind of R4 copy it might use ysmenu or wood. Try playing the game unpatched and check if you're using an official firmware, and if you are, check if there any alternatives.
>>
>>340093049
I'm using wood

Honestly, all the information that I look up is super outdated, can't get my hands on any good links.

ysmenu crashes everytime I use it, so I might have fucked up something. I just don't know
>>
Had it long time ago, had same issues aswell. Just update the firmware or change it. I had one sd card with the stock ondupdated and another with one wood looking. Look up names pretty sure there are tons.
>>
>>340093415
will do that

They also told me I could run Pokemon BW2, which I couldn't run, so that's why I am having some doubts

Any good suggestions? I don't give a fuck which one it is, I have another SD card which I might just use to play this game
>>
>>340093327
Try looking for a newer wood version. Format your card before installing ysmenu and try another version of it I guess.
>>
>>340093681
Might do that, got some free time for some google search
>>
>>340093681
>>340093964
I'm 90% sure the "wood" thing you guys are talking about is just a skin, you can freely change between them in my card.
>>
>>340094212
WOOD R4 Kernel

Seems the last update was sometime around 2013
>>
>>340094545
Oh alright, guess I was mistaken then.
>>
So does anybody here actually have the R4i 3DS RTS Cart? Can anybody confirm it works on theirs?

Forum link on the right, linking the guy's blog is spam, supposedly
>>
>>340095063
Currently trying to OP.

I have to leave pretty soon, so don't get your hopes up too high. Currently 25% done.
>>
it worked for me, i'm using a r4i sdhc tho.
>>
>>340095378
normal dsi version i forgot to add, no 3ds support.
>>
>>340092747
You were given a solution to the problem of not being able to play the game. If you really want to play it so badly then take it assuming it works.
>>
question: did you buy a SD together with your flashcart?

because there's a good chance that's the problem. use another SD that you know for a fact works, format it with SD Formatter 4.0 (format type: full, erase: on, format size adjustment: on) and try it again.
>>
File: 1456939516448.jpg (46 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1456939516448.jpg
46 KB, 512x512
>>340095197
k

I will try messing around again later on anyways, but any extra info might help me out

>>340095378
How is that different from this one?
http://www.r4ids.cn/index.htm

If it worked for you, on your "Inferior(Read:Older) Cart, it should work for me. What's your kernel? Did you use Ysmenu?

>>340095597
That's exactly it! I got a lot of pokemon games on it(along with all the special events and shit), so I just assumed it would all work

Yeah, I got at least one fresh SD card. I'm going to try that to see if it works

Why does this happen tho? Because it was bought in China?
>>
>>340095378
'R4i SDHC' doesn't say much. there are tons of clones and they all work differently. I'm guessing you have a color coded R4iSDHC.com one?

those suck, by the way.
>>
>>340095834
>why does this happen tho?

because these Chink stores sell fake SDs to make a quick buck on top of the flashcarts.

they're rejects from big manufactures (since they're all made in China) zero-filled to 'fix' whatever problem they had and often rebranded, so the 32 gigs are actually only 4 and data will writing over itself at some point.
>>
File: 1455043295557.jpg (84 KB, 405x727) Image search: [Google]
1455043295557.jpg
84 KB, 405x727
>>340096491
Why am I not surprised?

Well, I have US bought SD carts, and if they don't work, I can go ahead and buy one easily. I will try that, thank you very much
>>
I have Acekard instead if you don't mind.
>>
>>340095834
Wew okay finally done.

It works perfectly fine for me on the R41RTS 3DS Okay I don't actually know what version this card is, but that's what's written on the actual card., no problems whatsoever. I only let it play until the doctor showed after clicking New Game though.

I love that piano version of the opening in the menu.
>>
>>340097132
So it must be that crappy chinese SD cart that I have been using forever. I will try to use the one I bought in walgreens a while ago to see if it works

Just to confirm, you got the latest Kernel version, right? The latest one is 1.64

Also, does Pokemon Black or White 2 Work for you? It should for me, but again, it doesn't
>>
>>340097343
I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff, so I don't actually know how to check what Kernel version it is. I can check if you tell me how though.
Sorry about that.

At the very least now we know that it's highly likely for you to be able to play it.

Pokemon Black 1&2 work fine on this.
>>
>>340097938
Thanks for helping me out. I tried pretty much everything I could think of over 2 years, but it seems that the SD card was the problem

You can update your Kernel to the newest version and see if it still works, if you want. I know what's wrong now, but here is the link anyways. You should be on the newest version anyways if you ordered it pretty recently.

http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm

Download for our card is on the bottom, the starter packs are for some new cart
>>
>>340098189
Nah, it works fine right now. Don't need to fix it if it works.

Glad you worked it out, even if I didn't exactly help you.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.