[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So after Sega's big speech about "we let our fans down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: Sega.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Sega.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
So after Sega's big speech about "we let our fans down and we want to win them back" a few months back, what do you expect from Sega at E3 this year?

This year is Sonic's 25th anniversary so there will probably be a new Sonic game announced, but there's also Yu Suzuki's Shenmue 3 project which Sega is technically sort-of-publishing, not to mention the dozens of other classic Sega franchises that have been neglected for the past 10 years.

Financially they're still pretty well off, but you wouldn't really know that just looking at their games division due to how sparse their releases have been. Which is ironic because the "GA" in "SEGA" is for GAmes.
>>
Sonic the Hedgehog Zero: The Before Years

Only has Sanic fighting Robotnik, with good physics, good 2D art, good level designs, and no friend faggotry.
>>
File: star fox zero japan.jpg (120 KB, 487x457) Image search: [Google]
star fox zero japan.jpg
120 KB, 487x457
>>340089445
>Sonic the Hedgehog Zero

They won't use that name because a certain other game company has made "Zero" into a jinx.

>Star Fox Zero Copies Sold
>>
>>340089445
>Only has Sanic fighting Robotnik, with good physics, good 2D art, good level designs, and no friend faggotry.
I don't care if this would be a shameless nostalgia fan wank, I want this shit.
>>
>>340089235
Really don't care. Out of principle in done giving them my business.
>>
>>340089445
>no friend faggotry
fuck you
>>
>>340090461
>he will never play Miku, Valkyria Chronicles, Initial D, or any Atlus games

Look at him. Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>340089235
What I want: a proper sequel to Valkyria Chronicles
What I'll get: a Sonic game revolving around some new gimmick and new friends
>>
i didn't hear of that speech. it seems improbable that they'd invest big money in their old IPs after trying so hard to forget about them
>>
The sonic fanbase is literally so incredibly parched and dehydrated for a good game that Sega could literally call my dick a sonic game and not only would sonic fans suck it, they would defend it as a great entry in the series.

It's at the point now where Sega doesn't even have to try, the fans will slip it up and lie to themselves about how it's the best entree since the Genesis games, just like they have done with the last few games. I mean for Christ's sake, there are tons of people on this site that actually say Unleashed, Colors, and Generations are good. Hell, I'm starting to see people defending Lost World too.
>>
File: totalwar_wh_trollswing_0.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
totalwar_wh_trollswing_0.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>340090643
Not to mention Creative Assembly. The Total War series never really interested me much but I'm definitely going to try out Total Warhammer, and Alien Isolation was one of the best movie-based games I've played in a decade.

Also, Sega has the Warhammer license for other games too, including Dawn of War 3. That shit is going to be bananas and you all know it. They haven't ruled out Space Marine 2 either, and if DOW3 sells well I'd say it's definitely in the cards.
>>
>>340090830
Sonic's friends haven't been relevant since 06. When will this meme die?
>>
We know for a fact a new Sonic is coming out, they said they'd give info about it at some event in June.

Other than that I don't know. Maybe something involving Project Diva since that's coming out soon or some shit ain't it?

In my dreams we'll get a new JSR, a new NiGHTS, Burning Rangers HD, a new Ristar, Shenmue 1/2 HD and Panzer Dragoon Trilogy HD.
>>
File: sad face.png (15 KB, 400x335) Image search: [Google]
sad face.png
15 KB, 400x335
>>340091090

I fell for the claims that Sonic Generations was good.
>>
>>340091090

>Implying

Boom and lostworld flopped.

Sonic fandom ain't eating that shit up.

>>340090830

The only sonic news will be more info on Fire and Ice, so meh. The news on the new sonic game for the 25th is going to come at the Sega Party.
>>
>>340090902
The speech came after Yu Suzuki's kickstarter for Shenmue 3 so maybe Sega realizes that they underestimated how nostalgic people are for their old IPs.

Sega did used to control half the gaming market in the Western world. Prior to the PSP they were also one of Nintendo's only successful competitors in the handheld market, too (even if the Gameboy still managed to outsell the Game Gear by a hundred million units). Many people grew up with Sega and even though we will never see another Sega console, there's still a large collective desire to see Sega remain a part of gaming. Perhaps even moreso after seeing another houshold name from the 90s (Konami) exit the video game industry.
>>
>>340091269
>In my dreams we'll get a new JSR, a new NiGHTS, Burning Rangers HD, a new Ristar, Shenmue 1/2 HD and Panzer Dragoon Trilogy HD.

I want them too but all the poser fans and neo-gamers will ignore them then 10 years down the line when they get PC ports and on sale for 50 cents all the bandwagoners will buy them and complain how Sega doesn't make classic games anymore

I just really hope we could at least get a new JSR
>>
>>340091493

The only reason they flopped was because they were Wii U exclusives (though I think Lost World got a PC port a while ago, I don't know.)

I won't defend Boom as a good game but I always find it weird how people treat it like it's a sign Sega can't make good Sonic games when it's by some literally who third party dev and it's based on the cartoon instead of being an original mainline title. It's a licensed shovelware cash grab game that just happens to have a tangential relation to the Sonic franchise. Though I guess those facts don't fit the narrative.
>>
>>340091181
Every time I look up a Sonic game, I see a new name. Like who the fuck is "Sticks"? So yeah, you keep telling yourself that.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>340089445
>no Tails
>no Knuckles
>no Amy
>no Metal Sonic
>no Nack
>>
File: 1461243750063.jpg (101 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1461243750063.jpg
101 KB, 720x540
>Panzer Dragoon will never come back
>GunValkyrie will never come back
>Burning Rangers will never come back
>Streets of Rage will never come back
>Traditional Phantasy Star will never come back
I have a hard time caring. Sega has so many good franchises that they'd rather keep dead so they can shit out yearly Sonic game.
>>
>>340091740
>he doesn't even watch the Sonic Boom cartoon

Plebius maximus
>>
>>340091161
I've played total war up until Rome 2 which I'm glad i didn't purchase first. I'm not missing out.
>>340090643
Oh no, I'm going to miss out on all the rehashed weeb titles, woe is me.
>>
>>340089235
> "we let our fans down and we want to win them back"
What is this in reference to? Sonic Boom? Yeah that entire thing was a huge misstep, even the cartoon but that's just sonic shit so whatever. Put more mega drive games on steam, the upgraded classics hub is fucking amazing and should be the standard for how anyone releases old roms and rerelease vanquish, bayonetta, virtua fighter, panzer dragoons and and shenmue 1&2 on pc. Also pay someone to get Saturn games off that dead ass system like clockwork knight, dark savior, shining force 3, legend of oasis, dynamite deka and last but not least BUG!

Oh, what would get me the most hype personally in terms of new games from them is a new skies of Acadia but that's giga never happening so I'll just take a new racing game by sumo.
>>
>>340089235
If they're going back to their roots I'm giving up on the franchise for a bit. Haven't bought a game in 6 years when Colors got the personalities of the characters wrong, and I was never a fan of the 2D games. The 2D games felt too similar to each other.
>>
>>340091720

Oh, I agree with you on that. But let's be honest. Even if Boom was on PS4 and Xbone, it'd still be down the shitter in sales.
>>
>>340091720

The way I'm seeing it, Boom makes people worried because it shows SEGA still doesn't really give a shit about the quality of their flagship franchise. It's tie-in shovelware on a dead console, but it's tie-in shovelware that SEGA thought was worthy of the Sonic name.

I'm more worried about Lost World since it had Sonic Team go back to throwing random garbage at the wall hoping something sticks.
>>
>>340091759

Would you want people who have never touched those franchises come in and wreck them?

Anytime someone asks for remakes, I understand. But new numbered entries. Fuck that.

Let it go anon. You'll be much happier as a person.
>>
They already said that they're going to port more shit to PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMqTghgwtyA&feature=youtu.be&t=1m17s

Probably Yakuza and Project Diva soon.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (184 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
184 KB, 1920x1080
>>340089235

I want Outrun 3.
>>
File: Sonic_Boom_charas.png (486 KB, 619x345) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Boom_charas.png
486 KB, 619x345
>>340091181
The Sonic Advance Trilogy and 3 of the original 5 canon games on Genesis / Sega CD had playable friends, too, and only one had no friends at all (Sonic 1). Sonic 4 was released under the premise that it was just Sonic with no friends and it still managed to suck ass.

Wether or not Sonic games are good has nothing to do with whether or not friends are in it. The people who won't shut up about getting rid of Sonic's friends are the same type who kept begging for a Star Fox game without Krystal, and when they finally got one (Star Fox Zero), lo and behold it proved itself to be fully capable of sucking ass without her.

Wether or not Sonic has friends doesn't matter-- what matters is why his friends are in the game, and the answer to that is what is generally tied to the game's quality. Sonic Adventure had a bunch of new characters because Sega wanted to give developers ideas for new games, so they had dumb stuff like shooting and fishing games that didn't belong in there, as well as the aggravating treasure hunts. Tails played like Sonic but with flying, and Amy played like Sonic except slower and with more fighting. They weren't terribly offensive additions, however Sonic Adventure's overall problem was that it threw lots of glitz at the player to hide all of its bugs and level design flaws.

Generally speaking, with a franchise as old as Sonic I say don't create a new character when reintroducing an old character will do. I myself am tired of seeing new characters added in every Sonic game but I'm not principally opposed to Sonic having playable friends.
>>
>>340092281

>Boom makes people worried because it shows SEGA still doesn't really give a shit about the quality of their flagship franchise.

To be "fair" to Sega, everyone who was in charge of managing that game knew they were already fired before that game even got into development. They knew they were redundant the moment Atlus was purchased. And what did Sega of America publishing handle during that time? Aliens Colonial Marines and Sonic Boom.

It's a shitty decision to let those people manage things, but it takes time to work a merger to completion.
>>
>>340089235
>which Sega is technically sort-of-publishing

As far as I know, Sega is not involved with Shenmue 3 at all outside of licensing the IP to the developer.

>there will probably be a new Sonic game announced

Probably not at E3. They've strongly hinted that they're showing off the game at an anniversary event on July 22nd.
>>
File: 1452065907019.gif (611 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1452065907019.gif
611 KB, 500x281
>>340092331
I'd have no problem letting go if there were replacements. I feel like I'm stuck being the only person that cares about certain types of games, and there are no new entries in older franchises and no new IPs to take their place. I'll have to play the same games over and over again to get my fix.
>>
>>340090461
That's what I said to myself about Capcom, but I was willing to forgive them for their fuckups. Same deal with Nintendo now.
No one is irredeemable except for Konami and EA.
>>
>>340091269
>project diva
if they want to go back to their glory days they need to make a new space channel 5 instead.
also panzer dragoon has one of the most memorable video game universes. they could make a whole new game with it. it's sad that it won't happen.
>>
>>340091682
>I just really hope we could at least get a new JSR

I'd be happy just to have an HD remaster of Jet Set Radio Future. I was able to hunt down a copy of the original (not the buggy one that came with Sega Rally), but there's a lot of people who haven't played it and I'd love an excuse to play it again.

Of course, if they made JSR3 then I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>340092534

Colonial Marines might have been a good game if Gearbox wasn't just using it as a front to embezzle all the money they could from Sega.
>>
Jet Set Radio Future HD is all Sega needs to do to redeem themselves to me.
>>
>>340092493
Friends are usually a vehicle for gimmicks instead of quality. People aren't upset about new characters in general, like you seem to think. They're upset about crap gimmicks.
>>
Pretty certain it will be Generations 2.
>>
>>340092570

I haven't felt that, and I'm a huge sega fag, and fan of those games you listed.

They're around, you just need to look. I'm sure if you asked someone in a thread about what games to play like those, you'll get tons of suggestions.

If you're talking about Sega replacements, well, they've been in the middle of rebuilding for the past 10 years. Literally since they were bought over. Remember, Hajime Satomi never even touched a video game before buying Sega. And then the huge Atlus merger in 2011/2012 took up a ton of their time. They also summarilly fired their localization team BEFORE buying Atlus (probably expecting XSEED or NISA to go under. ATLUS was a surprise afterall, and they scooped them up before anyone even could scrape together the cash to make an offer, suggesting they had some earmarked for a buyover), so they were unable to bring over a bunch of games.

There's a lot of history that casual sega fans don't really know, and it goes a long way to explaining what seems to those casual fans like arbitrary decisions.
>>
>>340089445
Why do people want this? A game with only two characters is downright boring.
>>
>>340090643
>Miku
Music games are cancer, and Vocaloid sounds like fucking shit.

>Valkyria Chronicles
Casual turn-based rubbish.

>Initial D
Not as good as OutRun.

>or any Atlus games
Permavirgin weebshit.
>>
>>340092743

Which goes to my point. Sega of America publishing should have caught that. But they didn't, because they didn't give a shit. They were already going to be fired no matter how CM turned out.
>>
>>340091720
The Sonic Boom game was pretty much destroyed when Sega told the team to move it to the Wii U. They were designing it around the (then) publicly accepted specs of the PS4 and Xbox One. They also were making it for Cry Engine, which wasn't even supported by the Wii U at the time, and Crytek had to offer direct assistance in porting it to the Wii U. The whole thing was a huge waste of money but Sega didn't care, because no-one was buying the Wii U anyway and Nintendo had already paid for the game.

The 3DS Sonic Boom game is exponentially more playable, and it actually sold well enough that Sega gave Sanzaru the greenlight to make a sequel. It wasn't Sonic Advance good or anything like that, but it at least plays like a real Sonic game and was decent enough for a cartoon tie in made on a tight schedule.
>>
>>340091090
>>340091481

Generations and Colors are good you fucking snobs.
>>
>>340092048
>Colors got the personalities of the characters wrong
Funny, I'm a devout fan of the classics and I think chilies wear the best attempt at giving the characters personalities since they came into the third dimension. No, it wasn't like how they were in the 90's but the spirit was somewhat preserved and it actually felt entertaining. Colors is still the best 3D sonic to me.
>>
File: double-nigger.png (128 KB, 233x219) Image search: [Google]
double-nigger.png
128 KB, 233x219
>>340093050
Because we care about gameplay, not waifus, you fucking furfag degenerate.
>>
>>340093097
The first few levels of Generations were good. Unfortunately there was the rest of the game after that.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 474x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 474x315
>>340091090
>Unleashed is debatable
>Colors and Generations is bad

I bet you think SA1 and SA2 were good though.

Granted I still like those games, but are nowhere near perfect.
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 805x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 805x758
>>340093295
>Tails, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, and Shadow are Waifus
>>
>>340092043
The Sega Saturn is supposedly a difficult system to port games from because of its weird architecture. Emulation is an option, but like with PS1 emulation there's that weird sort of garbled look when you see games in 3D due to the system not having a 3D accelerator with perspective correction.

As far as I know Sega lost the source code for Panzer Dragoon Saga, so if they were to port it to modern consoles they would have to reverse-engineer it from the retail ROM file, like Square did with Kingdom Hearts 1. It's possible but it would be a somewhat daunting task, and Panzer Dragoon is a very niche franchise compared to Kingdom Hearts even though it's got a loyal fandom.
>>
>>340093079
>The Sonic Boom game was pretty much destroyed when Sega told the team to move it to the Wii U
Didn't the same fucking thing happen with sonic 06? They had to split the dev team to make something for the Wii (secret rings?) And ended up with 2 shitty games instead if one probably mediocre one.
>>
>>340093513
Are you new? Tails gets sexualized all the time in sonic threads

Also
>unironically liking Deviantart the Edgyhog
>>
>>340093112
Don't get me wrong, I like the personalities but I think it fits way better for a cartoon series. Sonic in the Adventure games was arrogant at times, but he knew when to act serious. Knuckles was a bit of an idiot sometimes but he wasn't a complete blockhead like he is depicted now.
>>
>>340092281
Sega still owed Nintendo an exclusive Sonic game as per their agreement, and they wanted to get out of it in the quickest, dirtiest way possible while still creating the illusion of putting in some effort.

And they still got something out of Sonic Boom-- a surprisingly well received cartoon show.
>>
>>340093571

06 dev cycle was fucked from the beginning because new management only gave them half the time they usually had because Heroes was released way too soon and they used that timetable as an example. Heroes was released so soon because SEGA was about to collapse, and needed some black on the spreadsheets to make the company worth buying to Sammy investors.
>>
>>340093295
>Waifus
>Sonic
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>340093685
>>
File: IMGP2913.jpg (953 KB, 1300x863) Image search: [Google]
IMGP2913.jpg
953 KB, 1300x863
>>340093565
I would literally pay full price for ports of the Panzer Dragoon games. It's arguably my favorite series, and it's a fucking shame that so few people actually played the games. Orta is probably the greatest railshooter ever made, and Saga is one of the best RPGs of all time.

Too bad it'll never happen because it's not Sonic.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 261x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 261x268
>>340093685
>What is a vocal minority
People that sexualize any sonic character need to be shot on sight.

And when did I imply I liked Shadow? I just said he wasn't a Waifu.
>>
>>340093804
>>340076560
>>
>>340093097
> generations was good meme
> soulless classic sonic levels got completely forgettable the more it went on, same boost to win levels that weren't even as good as unleashed's.
Colors was good though.
>>
>>340093295
This kind of mindset is why games like Paper Mario have hit rock bottom. If it's a series that already has multiple entries, it needs a little more than just good gameplay.
>>
>>340093714
Right now, my favorite version of Sonic as far as personality goes, is oddly enough the one from the Sonic Boom cartoon. He's the fastest thing alive but he's also a lazy beach bum. Despite how incredibly fast he can run, he'd prefer to just loaf around in a hammock and drink ambiguous tropical beverages unless there's an emergency.
>>
>>340094060
Isn't that just basically X Sonic?
>>
>>340093374
SA1 is fucking trash.
SA2 is ok. Not good.
Heroes is trash.
Shadow is hilarious.

But yes, Colors and Generations are ok at best.
>>
File: 3275245828.png (313 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
3275245828.png
313 KB, 557x605
>>340092480
>tfw I bought this shit for $5 last year and it's great
>>
>>340093804
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U0apQttNw0
>>
File: sonic_shrug.jpg (94 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sonic_shrug.jpg
94 KB, 640x480
>>340093295
>every Sonic character besides Sonic and Eggman is a waifu
>>
File: 1438950602280.jpg (57 KB, 333x476) Image search: [Google]
1438950602280.jpg
57 KB, 333x476
>>340094060

Sonic Comic is best sonic, and that's unfortunate, because of the restrictions on Sonic.
>>
>>340093873

Convince me to emulate Panzer Dragoon Zwei or whatever other games are in the series.

I've only played 1 and Orta.
>>
>>340092567
>As far as I know, Sega is not involved with Shenmue 3 at all outside of licensing the IP to the developer.
That's why I only say "technically." Their name will probably be on the game in some way, but Suzuki had to handle everything on his own with a little help from Sony.
>>
>>340094161
I pretty much only like SA1 for Gamma's story.

And I don't get why people hate the other gameplay modes aside from Big's.

I actually had fuck tons of fun shooting waves of enemies with Eggman, it just felt so right to me.
>>
>>340093873
>>340094264
what is the best way to pay Orta? I've got the other 3 ready to boot thanks to SSF but I eventually want to top them off with Orta if possible.
>>
>>340093904
Not Anon, but come on. Gameplay-wise, Sonic and Robotnik were the only actual characters.

Tails original role was to merely test out the P2 mechanics just like every other Sega Genesis game of it's time.

Knuckles and Shadow were just story rivals with nothing to do with the affecting the gameplay except be mini-boss characters in their original and occasional games. Aside from that, they were literally Sonic with their own unique ability.
>>
>>340094119
X Sonic but also incredibly deadpan and bitter.

There's been a few moments where he refused to help somebody because he was just in such a shitty mood.
>>
>>340094608

Well since the original Xbox has no PC emulator and the 360's backwards compatibility is shite, I think you better buy yourself an Xbox HUEG
>>
File: 778583.jpg (502 KB, 1200x849) Image search: [Google]
778583.jpg
502 KB, 1200x849
>>340094264
Zwei is the best railshooter of the era and Saga is one of the greatest games ever made. You should play them.

>>340094608
Xbox huge. It still looks great, even in standard definition. Orta is gorgeous.
>tfw imagining Orta ported to steam with HD resolutions
I'M CUMMING
>>
>>340094907

Is it an improvement on the first game? Still got a nice majestic soundtrack?

Also keep posting Orta.
>>
>>340094161
>SA1 is trash, but SA2 isn't.

Aside from the Sonic and Shadow levels and the Chao Karate minigame, this game is garbage. Also the SA1 Sonic levels are less repetitive.
>>
>>340095006
Yes, it's a MASSIVE improvement. Zwei runs at a solid 60FPS instead of the original's 30. Also, improved graphics, and the scoring system is deeper. Your dragon transforms depending on how you play through routes and stuff.

It's also worth noting that your enjoyment of Saga will heighten if you play Zwei first. The two games aren't directly connected, but Saga has some really awesome stuff in it like finding the wrecked remains of the Shelcoof from Zwei.
>>
>>340094692
>>340094907
>orta is xbox heug only
JUST
>>
>>340095263

Nice. I played the PC port of 1 to begin with, since the version included with Orta ran too poorly for me. Will Zwei emulate nicely on my PC? What should I use?
>>
File: sonic crawling in my skin.jpg (601 KB, 1970x3000) Image search: [Google]
sonic crawling in my skin.jpg
601 KB, 1970x3000
>>340094262
It's an unfortunate but understandable situation. Sega was dead serious about Archie not being allowed any more fuck ups like angsty teen drama Sonic or The Pendering. And to Archie's credit they've done a good job making the best of a bad situation and finding a workable compromise with Sega. They've brought Sonic and his world closer to the Sega canon while continuing to mine previous"non-canon" iterations for ideas. It's basically what Disney should be doing with Star Wars.
>>
Sega does a "we let fans down" speech every year, I'm not buying that shit anymore.
>>
>>340092019
>>340093063
Well shitposted

>WHY DOESN'T SEGA MAKE GOOD GAMES ANYMORE
>gets BTFO
>THOSE GAMES DON'T COUNT

Oh right, I'm on /v/
>>
File: ATS1.png (57 KB, 639x471) Image search: [Google]
ATS1.png
57 KB, 639x471
>>340089445
I'd honestly be pretty disappointed with this. The fans have already made plenty of 2D Sonics that are better than anything current Sonic Team could throw together. I want a full 3D Sonic because that's the only thing the fans haven't managed to perfect yet.

I wouldn't mind an origin story, though. Perhaps Sonic gets Chaos Controlled back to the time of the ancient beings that forged the Chaos Emeralds in the first place? We get to see how they came to be and why?
>>
>>340094608
Buy an Xbox Huge. The systems, games and accessories are all still pretty cheap but the prices are gradually rising, so now's the time to get one.
>>
>>340095456
Xbox OGs are dirt cheap. You can get working systems off of ebay for like $40. Totally worth it for ORta, GunValkyrie, Ninja Gaiden Black, and a handful of other exclusives.

>>340095459
You could give emulation a try. I haven't fooled around with Saturn emulation much, but I've heard that it's come a long way over the last few years. I played the games on my Saturn, so.

If you don't want to mess with emulators and still have a relatively cheap way to play Zwei and Saga, you could get a model 2 Saturn and install a mod chip (easiest mod you'll ever have to do) and then just burn copies of the games. You'd also be able to play all the other cool shit like Burning Rangers and the Shining Force III trilogy.
>>
All Sega needs to do is make Yakuza games and force atlus to keep making mainline SMT games on non-portable consoles and I'll accept their apology.
>>
>>340089235
What I want: Skies of Arcadia 2
What I'll get: Sonic the Hedgehog Party, Dynamite Cop (As generic third person cover shooter.)
>>
>>340094907
I've been playing Panzer Dragoon Orta lately. Aside from not being about furries in space, it's probably the closest thing I'll get to experiencing a good new Star Fox game. And fuck Star Fox Zero.
>>
>>340095858

I have looked into getting a Saturn yeah. The Saturn modchip looks pretty easy to install, just one wire to solder to the power connector. I'm stingy though, and if emulation works without distracting glitches like crackly audio or graphical distortions I'm happy.
>>
>>340096110
>comparing Panzer Dragoon to Fisher Price Fox

Nintendo didn't invent rail shooters you know. Shit Fox is a ripoff of Galaxy Force.
>>
File: 102978128_o.jpg (540 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
102978128_o.jpg
540 KB, 1000x667
>>340089235
They will announce a new edition of the Sega Dreamcast

It will not be a new Dreamcast but an updated version of the current one. It will be destined to people who are into retro gaming

The updated Dreamcast will feature :

- HD graphics with a native 1900x1080 resolution
- Updated CPU and GPU
- 500 gb of storage space
- High speed internet
- A new version of the Sega network
- A starter pack containing the 100 most popular Dreamcast games of all time (Shenmue II, Skies of Arcadia, Soul Calibur, ...)
- 2 Wireless controllers

You'll be able to buy all the Dreamcast games directly on the Sega network for 5$ per game regardless of the game

Dev will be working on HD remake for certain games that you'll be able to buy and play on your Dreamcast

Shenmue III will also be released on Dreamcast
Half life III also on Dreamcast
>>
I hope Sonic Team makes a Puyo Puyo 25th Anniversary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXU2N3X9Hrs
>>
>>340095608
I liked the comic a whole lot more when it was its own thing. Yeah, the soap operas it had were cringe worthy at times, but having the universe restart itself like that felt like a death in the series.
>>
>>340096267
>Shit Fox is a ripoff of Galaxy Force.
Ugly boner monster you're an UGLY BONER MONSTER!!
>>
>>340089235
Not an international release for PSO2, for sure.
>>
File: 1347765229516.jpg (366 KB, 1561x2063) Image search: [Google]
1347765229516.jpg
366 KB, 1561x2063
>>340096229
Fair enough. There's no real reason to actually purchase retro stuff honestly, aside from collectorfag tendencies. The ever increasing price of Saturn games is appaling. Even just a few years ago Saga was sitting at around $200. You'd be lucky to get it for around $450 now. Shit's cray.
>>
>>340089235
They're not at E3

They're piggybacking Atlus's area to show Yakuza. That's it.
>>
>>340096516

I'm not interested in collectorfaggotry, I just care about games. I still keep all my 6th gen consoles around because the emulation isn't perfect, but everything earlier is pretty much spot on so I don't need it.

I'll try to get Zwei working.
>>
>>340096737
Have fun, bruh. Zwei's a fantastic game.
>>
>>340096359
It kind of was a death in the series but really, how else do they move forward after Ken Penders steals all the characters? All those histories couldn't be legally referenced, as per the court settlement.

I understand why it would suck balls if you had been reading the comic since the 90s for it to end up that way, though. Reboots should always be the last resort, and in this case, they didn't really have any other options.
>>
>>340096516
Saga is really one of the last games I'd try to buy a real copy of unless I got a ridiculous steal on it, like at a yard sale or estate sale from someone who had no idea what it was really worth. Same goes for Earthbound and Snatcher. I normally prefer owning real games, but when it comes to something as absurdly expensive as that I say "screw that I'll just pirate it."
>>
>>340089235
I expect Sega to port some more chewed up leftovers for PC, revel in the money they just made because PCfags are starving for quality games, and use that money to make dozens more PS4 exclusive titles.

Fuck PC.
>>
File: 1464781217411.png (761 KB, 1853x1795) Image search: [Google]
1464781217411.png
761 KB, 1853x1795
>>340096359

It wasn't, it's a breath of fresh air. The only problem is, unlike DC rebirth or a Marvel series, it doesn't have 50 monthly series to flesh out the world within a few months. So we may be 2 or 3 years on from the reboot now, and we're still worldbuilding. It's frustrating, and Worlds Unite only increased that frustration, but the world they're building seems interesting and unique and at the same time cemented firmly in the games. The timeline they're providing is great, and the stories they're writing feel like they should be. No weird baggage like microwaved knuckles or DESTINY.

It sucks that things are still fleshing out, but we're in the last leg of Unleashed, so hopefully after that we'll have some fun stuff. Meanwhile, Unleashed gets your quick and dirty arcs when you need it, and every so often an Arc like Fighters comes along.

Fighters was so fucking cash. Breezie is the best villain the entire franchise has had since fucking Eggman
>>
why do people praise saga so much? it's kinda ugly, the dungeons are awful, the combats are repetitive. it has a great universe and atmosphere but that doesn't make it the best rpg of all times
>>
>>340097125
Feelio. I used to own copies of Saga and Zwei but had to sell them years ago due to some monetary issues. I missed a chance to grab a copy of Snatcher for like $10 many many years ago. I'll never stop regretting it.

I picked up my copy of Earthbound when it was only selling for 50 bucks. Kinda ridiculous how much the price has inflated over the years.
>>
>>340096359
>but having the universe restart itself like that felt like a death in the series.

That's funny because the comic only really managed to start getting good and abandon all the shit baggage when they did that.
>>
>>340097280

>Meanwhile, Unleashed

I meant to say Universe
>>
>>340097379
>it's kinda ugly
I disagree. Saga's art direction more than makes up for the lack of polygons.
>the dungeons are awful
I also disagree with this.
>the combats are repetitive
You have to play Saga with the same kind of mindset you would play the railshooters, or an arcade game. Your individual combat performances are scored at the end, giving you more EXP and money for doing well. So a big part of the game is learning how to fight enemies and bosses as effectively as possible to get all dem gains. The game also keeps track of the scores you get for killing enemies, so you can fill out your bestiary with top ranks.

Hell, when you beat the game you're given a rank for how well you played the game and how much you completed it. PDS was meant to be replayed in the same way that the previous games were, which is partially why the game isn't very long. You play the game and learn more, and aim for a better score and rank. It's a weird concept for a JRPG so I feel like most people don't really get it.
>>
>>340089235
The only E3 things involving Sonic will be Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice.

They might throw a teaser on his birthday, but it's been alluded to something big happening during a Sonic party in July. But E3 isn't likely.
>>
>>340098051

In fact, they've been specifically telling people to not get their hopes up.

For what it's worth, SEGA has rented out a conference room (not a hall) on the concourse, and they seem to be using Atlus' floor space to show their own games like Y0 and the like.
>>
>>340096946
I actually never heard of that lawsuit so I looked it up. Is he the reason why Sonic Chronicles never had a sequel?
>>
>>340098224
He's probably a reason, but not the only one.
>>
>>340097396
I'm still shocked to find out these things sell for $150 on eBay. Probably more if I can find the boxes (although I'd rather play with them than sell them anyway). I had my dad pick me up two of them when he was in Japan, because me and my brother wanted them for Soul Calibur 2 in addition to having one for the Gameboy Player. We also got the component cables for Christmas back when Nintendo still sold them on their website.

For all the shit I regret not buying when I had the chance, I'm glad I at least was able to amass a pretty valuable Gamecube collection just from the earnest desire to play Gamecube games back when the system was new.
>>
>>340098224

Part of it, part of it wasn't selling.

There's a long story of it. There's some tumblr post by a woman named Sally Hogan that goes into detail, though she seems to take Penders side. I wrote one up and a friend pastebinned it, but I have no idea where it is. It's a long ass story.

Suffice it to say, Penders sued EA and SEGA at the same time, and I'm sure EA didn't like the fact that they got sued over a game that didn't really make much money, made by one of their subsidiaries. SEGA got EA out of the lawsuit by getting themselves out on the condition that Penders' lawsuit with Archie gets resolved first. They couldn't provide Archie with support, and Archie's lawyers flubbed it, so they ended up in 2 years of pre-trial litigation over a contract claim that they most likely would have won. The Archie team got fired, and replaced, and the judge pushed the new team into finally calling SEGA. After the meeting between Penders, SEGA and Archie, Penders settled. He technically doesn't own the characters, but SEGA has agreed to not use them, and they won't sue if Penders uses them (which probably technically forfeits their rights anyways)...

Shit is pretty messed up.
>>
>>340096359
Agreed. I'd love to have the old universe back, but there wasn't anything they could do. Rebooting was the safest and probably smartest option, but I just don't care much for it.
>>
>>340098319
People like him make me wish that copyright laws would be revised.
>>
>>340097831
that whole part in the underground of Uru was the worst thing i've done in a video game in a long time. it's just empty and far too long.
and when I say ugly, I mean technically. of course the art direction is awesome, but it's unforgivable that the first 2 PD have better environments. the forest is especially bad.

well if you play the game to hit the biggest score it may be different but if you play it like a normal adventure game, which it is IMO, the combats get boring soon.

i liked a lot of things about this game but it feels unfinished and it probably was, considering it was released when the saturn was already forgotten.
>>
>>340098696

Eh, the codes not at fault here. Bad lawyering and not giving a shit, and a really good lawyer that spooked SEGA and EA was at fault.
>>
>>340098605

Isn't he making his own disgustingly shitty looking comic now about one of his original the characters from the comic?
>>
File: ken penders saga.png (116 KB, 989x1073) Image search: [Google]
ken penders saga.png
116 KB, 989x1073
>>340098605
Basically Penders owns all of his OC Donut Steels, and has prevented Sega or Archie from using a litany of other characters and concepts that he in many instances didn't even introduce to the Sonic universe, like "evil Sonic." There is basically an intellectual property DMZ regarding Sonic that all that stuff falls under.
>>
>>340098592
I used to have a pretty good Gamecube collection. I remember picking up a copy of Gotcha Force for $15, though I had to let it go years ago. Looking on ebay, the most recent sold listing for the game ended at $175. What the shit. Stuff like that kinda pisses me off. I grew up buying and collecting games for the love of collecting and for playing them; that was when even the rare and obscure games were relatively affordable. The most expensive cart only game I had ever bought when I was young was a copy of Earthbound for $50, which was a lot for a used game at the time. I remember picking up games like Tales of Destiny and Eternia (Destiny 2) for about $20 each, both of which are now selling for quadruple that now.

It's a racket. I hate scalpers and I hate the rise of the internet only retro game market.
>>
File: Storm_Pg1.jpg (358 KB, 545x800) Image search: [Google]
Storm_Pg1.jpg
358 KB, 545x800
>>340098869

Oh, you have no idea.

The best part is, the first page has images straight traced and copied from the Archie comic.

That picture of knuckles (Oh, I'm sorry, The Praetorian) was cut out.

T. Ken Penders.
>>
File: IRC4aA5.jpg (79 KB, 1018x582) Image search: [Google]
IRC4aA5.jpg
79 KB, 1018x582
>>340098869
Yes. But she isn't a echidna anymore. She is a echyd'nya.
>>
>>340089235
>"we let our fans down and we want to win them back"
TAKE NOTE CAPCOM
>>
>>340097280
Not him, but I think Worlds Unite kinda broke me. My interest in the book has completely plummeted since then.
>>
>>340091090
But
Generations and Colors are good.
>>
>>340099197

Well, the Editor in charge of that left. It was his brainchild, and when it failed completely he moved on to get hired at DC for Supes.

Things have been pretty hype since then. Drop in and read through the new Universe arc.
>>
>>340099338
I have, I'm just not into it.
>>
>>340092630
EA still has SSX. And they haven't let me down there. Unless they don't make a new one. If thats the case then yeah. Theyre out of salvation.
>>
>>340096279
>Tfw you live in a world where SEGA doesn't have the money or market space to risk this shit

I mean, sure it will sell alright with hardcore fans and older people. Problem is that kids and teens would rather play on the brands they know like PlayStation or Xbox.
>>
What do you guys care? They can keep shitting out poorly animated furfag fap fodder and you'll keep buying it, writing fanfiction about it and complaining that it's not as good as back in the day. Sega knows this.
>>
File: 07.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>340099376

Not into PERFECTION and MASTER PLAN?
>>
>>340099157
>>340099161
Wtf
>>
>>340099019
>I grew up buying and collecting games for the love of collecting and for playing them; that was when even the rare and obscure games were relatively affordable.

Yeah, it really annoys me. We had a big thread on /vr/ a while ago about how rapidly the price of retro games rose in recent years. It used to be worthless junk that no-one wanted except people like us, who just enjoy the experience of playing old video games. Then it became an "investment" that people are trying to make serious money off of, like the comics industry, except instead of the market getting flooded with crap that's not worth anything, the prices on all the good games, even really common ones, have exponentially increased.

I'd say if you want to buy old games right now, the places that haven't been completely killed by the collector market is handhelds. Game Gear and Gameboy games can still be found for very cheap. In general, Nintendo keeps getting more and more espensive, while Sega stuff is only starting to increase in price (except for American Saturn stuff which has been rare for years).
>>
>>340099535
It's not doing anything for me anymore. I think I'm pretty much just burnt out and done.
>>
>>340099535
Steve, you're 40. You need to stop reading that shit.
>>
>>340099531

Sonic =/= Sega

Also. Sonic comic is gud.
>>
>>340099703
>Also. Sonic comic is gud.
Sure thing, furfriend. Keep reaching for that rainbow.
>>
File: 08.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>340099657

That's sad. Shit has been great. Maybe take a break and come back a year or two down the road.
>>
>>340089235
Dear Sega: Please, please, PLEASE let us have another good Sonic game, at least similar or better than Sonic Generations.

>tfw there will never be another Sonic game as good as S3&K.
>>
>>340097280
I have a good feeling that in another year or two people are not going to look back kindly at the first few years of the reboot. Hell, some people have already turned against it lately with its handling of Unleashed, Chip, and the recent main stories.

Now that I think about it, there's been a lot of negativity in general regarding it lately.
>>
>>340099857

I always forget how fucking batshit insane Eggman is in these comics.
>>
File: 452724582659.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
452724582659.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>340099157
Ken Penders is still in denial about not owning Knuckles. He can't legally use him, but keeps trying to push Sega's buttons. He's playing with fire and hoping it's Archie that will get burned for it. He's basically like Chris Chan if Chris Chan had gotten a career working with Sonic, and had never played a Sonic game.
>>
>>340099857
I guess.
>>
>>340089771
>trusting one of your main franchises to a shovelware (yes, SHOVELWARE) studio like Platinum.

The fact that they've made MAYBE 2 or 3 good games doesn't mean they're actual good developers.
>>
>>340099994
Using Unleashed as the backdrop was a huge mistake.
>>
>>340099994

Probably. It's boring worldbuilding.

I think for a while people are going to handle it negatively, but a few years down the road, when the foundations set now are the things Ian is pulling from to make new content, I think we're all going to be looking back at this stuff as flawed but necessary to build the world.
>>
File: Zeroremasteredtitle.png (8 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
Zeroremasteredtitle.png
8 KB, 320x224
>>340089445
I thought you were referring to that old fan game for a second
>>
>>340100027
To be fair, Starfox Zero's main fault was the gyroscope controls, which was Shigeru Miyamoto's idea. Come to think of it, he's been having a lot of bad ideas lately.
>>
>>340100007
What the fuck is happening here
>>
File: 05.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>340100002

He's been MASTER PLAN tier for along while now.
>>
>expecting anything from Sega

How to get scorched by a branding iron 101
>>
>>340091759
>Streets of Rage will never come back
This one hurts the most to me since SOR is my favorite beat em up franchise ever. If Watermelon Games gets off their ass, Project Y might match the glory of Streets of Rage games.
>>
At least they still have Yakuza. Sure it's yearly but the series always sticks to it's core.
>>
File: 10.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>340100410
>>
>>340100453
And takes forever to get to the US
>>
It's going to be a Sonic Dancing all night game.

Trust me my dad works at nintendo.
>>
File: 345735683569.jpg (82 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
345735683569.jpg
82 KB, 650x433
>>340100027
>>340100292
Star Fox Zero was a similar situation to Metroid: Other M. Platinum Games was contracted to work under Miyamoto's direct supervision, the same way Team Ninja was contracted to work under Sakamoto's. The Star Fox Zero team was a lot more inexperienced though, because PG didn't have enough people to work on it without doing an outside hire.

The real fuckup of the game came straight from the top down, though. Miyamoto didn't have a single new idea for the franchise other than to ruin one thing that it has consistently done well (on consoles, at least): the controls. He had no new story ideas, either. He made an inferior remake of a game that didn't need to be remade. A simple HD remaster of Star Fox 64 3D would have been an infinitely better decision than to let Miyamoto make Star Fox Zero.
>>
>>340100007
Just about what I was thinking. The Lara-Su Chronicles looks like the writing is about as good as the Sonichu comics.
>>
>>340100516
I don't know what the deal with that white bunny in the last panel is but I'd be lying through my teeth if I said that expression on her face wasn't making me rock hard.
>>
File: IMG_20160216_120907439.jpg (2 MB, 2911x3045) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160216_120907439.jpg
2 MB, 2911x3045
>>340100531
True but we are lucky to get Yakuza 5 after 3 years. Can't wait for 0.
>>
File: triggering intensifies.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
triggering intensifies.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>340100334
>What the fuck is happening here
Patriarchy.

Those womyn were only trying to help the one on the floor by beating the internalized misogyny out of her.
>>
>>340100782

That's Carrotia, from Tails Sky Patrol. Polarizing redesign. There's a fan redesign out there that people love.
>>
>>340100632
What the heck is with his prejudice against new characters and stories? I understand he's behind the times and makes gameplay a huge priority, but he's literally destroying major franchises.
>>
>>340100632
Miyamoto is way past due for retirement. He had good ideas and was in the right place in the 80's and 90's, but he's reaching creative senility.
>>
>>340101003

He thinks he's avoiding the Sonic problem of new characters. He read the fan reaction just as wrong as SEGA did.
>>
>>340101003
Miyamoto probably has Asperger's or falls somewhere else on the autism spectrum. The man has been obsessed with repetition for at least a decade now. He keeps wanting to make the same games over and over again and the only thing he's interested in changing is the controller. You'd think by now he'd find a controller that he actually likes, but at this point it's like a compulsion that as soon as he gets used to a controller, he hates it.
>>
>>340089235
>there's also Yu Suzuki's Shenmue 3 project which Sega is technically sort-of-publishing
Isn't it that they just sort of OK'd it?A "We aren't giving you money to make it, but if you manage to get it off the ground, we'll let you use the IP" sort of thing?

Still, I read recently they have considered porting the original 2, so who knows?
>>
>>340089235
If they want to "win the fans back", the easiest way to do it is to release a SA3.

>muh 06

No, I mean a game that's called SA3. Doesn't need to have that much connection or even a chao garden. People will swarm to it just for the name.

Personally, I just want a game where levels are designed like Sonic's levels from SA1 and things like Final Rush and Sky Rail from SA2.
>>
>>340101285
They already tried this name grab thing with Sonic 4
>>
>>340101024
>reaching creative senility
I'd argue that he's been there since sometime during the Wii's life cycle. Instead of building up a bench of fresh, younger talent, Nintendo keeps putting Miyamoto in charge and his ideas have been getting dumber and dumber every year. They finally seem to have realized that they have a problem because Splatoon was made by a new team of young employees, but it might be too little too late.
>>
>>340101281
>Still, I read recently they have considered porting the original 2, so who knows?

They've said that they're trying to figure out how to include the licensed brand items in the game, which seems like a waste of time and money to me. I doubt many people really care whether the soda is Coca Cola or Jet Cola. Actually, I'd prefer the fictional brands.
>>
>>340101082
Does he still have any influenced on the Zelda team? Every single time he's tried to "improve" a series recently they would become utterly ruined and I would no longer play future entries.
>>
>>340101487
Yeah, I don't care too much about that sort of thing unless it has some sort of major impact on the game.
>>
>>340101285
>Super Mario World has most every component Super Mario Brothers 3 had, upgraded and re stylized, new and expanded upon

>Cannot be a sequel because the game does not have a number in its title
>>
Honestly, it could be kinda nice if they went with a different genre that platforming for this anniversary. I personally want a sprite based Sonic fighting game in HD like UNIEL, with characters from the classic era, the modern era and maybe even Boom, tons of stages based on previous locations and plenty of fanservice. Also, some anime cutscenes could be pretty dope.
>>
>>340101285
>SA1 was streamlined garbage
>SA2 was overcomplicated garbage
>S06 was semi streamlined, mostly overcomplicated garbage

I don't see the problem here
>>
>>340101680
That would probably not make many fans happy. People are getting agitated at this point over not having a main Sonic game.
>>
>>340101285

>or even a chao garden

Dropped.
>>
File: yakuza time.jpg (74 KB, 350x447) Image search: [Google]
yakuza time.jpg
74 KB, 350x447
>>340089235
More Yakuza! I mean, they're already doing 0 with Sony, but they have all those Samurai ones they could bring out... or at least the PS4 one.

Right now I think Dawn of War III is a huge step in the right direction and I can't wait to see some gameplay from that PC Gamer show.

A realistic guess at what might happen at E3 is a PS4 exclusive Shenmue 1 and 2 remaster. They've been gauging interest after that 3 announcement, so I think they might be ready to announce it at E3.
>>
File: 1743700-jp_smw.jpg (117 KB, 500x900) Image search: [Google]
1743700-jp_smw.jpg
117 KB, 500x900
>>340101659
But SMW is SMB4
>>
>>340101918

>they're already doing 0 with Sony

Actually, only 5 was done with Sony. The rest are all being published by SEGA.

I really wish Ishin or Kenzan came out though.
>>
>>340101903
Sonic's PR man/twitter mememaster said recently that the stunt they pulled at SXSW getting the crowd to cheer for another chao garden had an effect on Sonic Team. Hopefully, he wasn't lying.
>>
>>340101918

Why would they make Dreamcast ports exclusive to PS4?
>>
File: BERRYPICKER.jpg (307 KB, 670x440) Image search: [Google]
BERRYPICKER.jpg
307 KB, 670x440
Sonic needs to go the way of Mega Man at this point.

Let him float away into obscurity, only being referenced as a homeless man looking for a sandwich in a gif, or being printed on trading cards and featured in bad "Cross Over" games.
>>
>>340101452
Nintendo REALLY needs to get their shit together, and FINALLY realize that fucking nobody wants their shitty gimmicks on their piece of shit hardware consoles. They fucking better make the NX a console with hardware up to par with current gen consoles, absolutely no fucking gimmicks, just a comfortable well designed controller with all modern features and that's fucking it. Maybe they'd finally get some third party support.

Dust off the old core franchises like Metroid, F-Zero, etc and fucking release games.

Basically all Nintendo needs to do to succeed is get rid of Miyamoto ASAP, get rid of their useless gimmicks and whoever thinks they're a good idea, and get rid of whoever thinks that not releasing new entries of their core franchise like Metroid in so many years is a good idea.
>>
>>340102163
Because Sega <3s Sony. PC only gets ancient ports, Nintendo only gets shitty Sonic games, Xbox gets nothing. PlayStation gets everything else.
>>
>>340089445

I want other playable characters, just as long as they're extensions/variations of Sonic's moveset. Everyone works off of the Sonic formula, but has a different set of abilities that allow for alternate paths and different speedrunning techniques. Thats how Tails and Knuckles were introduced, and why most people still like them.
>>
File: CjZ_7RbW0AELX9z.jpg (58 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
CjZ_7RbW0AELX9z.jpg
58 KB, 600x560
>>340102126
Twitter Sanic is always doing God's work.
>>
File: shenmue game trailer.jpg (97 KB, 1013x562) Image search: [Google]
shenmue game trailer.jpg
97 KB, 1013x562
>>340102017
Ah I see. Since Gio Corsi mentioned it at that PlayStation event, I assumed it was the same deal.

>>340102163
It just seems like a very Sony "get" at this point. Between them partially funding the third game and the Yakuza games already being there, I think they'd consider a partnership with SEGA to make 1 and 2 happen.
>>
>>340102497
If only they were as good at making the games as they are using social media.
>>
>>340102421

That's because Nagoshi, Sega's creative head, is a huge Sonyfag. He was at the Playstation release party as a VIP, standing right next to the President of Sony.
>>
>>340102393
If the NX is just another underpowered gimmick machine with more shitty meme-tier games from Miyamoto, it's going to be their last console. They have to either go big or go home. As Sega taught us, you can't suffer multiple failures in a row and still remain a viable competitor.
>>
>>340102695
One is easier than the other.
>>
File: 1459883824970.png (546 KB, 1003x761) Image search: [Google]
1459883824970.png
546 KB, 1003x761
>>340102497
Regardless of what the rest of Sega does, the Sonic Twitter guy is pretty based
>>
STOP PUTTING SPRINGS EVERYWHERE
STOP
STOP FUCKING PUTTING SPRINGS EVERY 5 SECONDS
WATCHING [INSERT_CHARACTER_HERE] GO BOING BOING BOING BOING AND HAVING TO WAIT UNTIL IT'S FINISHED AFTER ONLY BEING ALLOWED TO PLAY FOR A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME IS SO ANNOYING STOP
STOP THAT SHIT
>>
>>340102707
Only two in a row is viable to get kicked out of the console race?
>>
>>340102550

You do know that Shenmue 3 is also coming out for PC, right?
>>
>>340102697
>He released Super Monkey Ball on the GC.
>Worked on F Zero.
>Sony did not want Yakuza on the PS2.

Recent times
>He released the Yakuza 1 and 2 HD Collection on the WiiU.
>Flopped so bad, 2000 copies.
>>
File: NiGHTS.jpg (103 KB, 600x1152) Image search: [Google]
NiGHTS.jpg
103 KB, 600x1152
You know what we need? A new Nights game.
>>
>>340103117
Try to convince Naka.
>>
File: Nights_JoD_boxart.jpg (55 KB, 255x360) Image search: [Google]
Nights_JoD_boxart.jpg
55 KB, 255x360
>>340103117

We don't need that, not while Takashi Iiuzka is still alive
>>
>>340103117
I'm still not sure whether to refer to... NiGHTS as a him or her.
>>
>>340103117

Naoto Ohshima and Yuji Naka left the company.
>>
>>340102873
No-one who has two failures in a row has stayed in the console race.
>>
>>340103368

Yeah, I picked up NiGhTs Journey of Dreams from the bargain bin for <$10 and it was still a waste of money. That game is nowhere near being a good game.
>>
>>340103395
It's whatever you want it to be
>>
>>340102163
Partially because Sony's really trying to hit those niche audiences with that initiative thing they started a while ago and partially because 3's gonna be PC/PS4 only.

I'd wager to guess Shenmue 1/2 HD, if they're happening, are console exclusive to PS4 but also on PC for that reason.
>>
>>340102915
Of cause. It's a Sony "exclusive"
>>
>>340103546
>console exclusive to PS4 but also on PC for that reason.

I don't doubt that this will be the case, but that isn't the same as "exclusive to PS4".
>>
>>340102126

I hope he was. Chao Garden is fucking stupid and probably the most overrated thing in all of video games.
>>
File: 2chwarhammer.png (160 KB, 1476x2028) Image search: [Google]
2chwarhammer.png
160 KB, 1476x2028
I just don't understand why Sega isn't trying to improve synergy between its different branches.

Sega Europe makes PC games, Sega Japan makes console games and Sega USA makes dank posts on twitter (and manages Relic). And there is almost zero cooperation.
Sega Europe is like "we might bring over Persona 5, or maybe someone else will or maybe nobody, we dunno lol"
Meanwhile in Japan they have to play fan translations of Total War and Football Manager and use VPNs to get past Sega's region lock on steam.
>>
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Rosy
Blaze
Robotnik,
Gamma
Emerl
and Metal sonic

are the only acceptable sonic characters.

Everything else needs to die in a fire.
>>
>>340103451
I wouldn't doubt Nintendo though, they're a rather persistent company.
>>
>>340100273
oh shit nigga, I did the tileset for that level, nice to see pictures circulate around once in a while

I mean, I think it looks like shit now, and I've moved on from fangames to real games, but still... it's nice to see something you created resurface every now and then
>>
>>340103719
>No Omega
>No Eggman
>No Shadow
Who the fuck are Rosy and Emerl?
>>
>>340103674
That's how Sega's been for 25 years. The only time that they have strong centralized leadership is when one branch fucks over the other two.
>>
>>340095686

Fuck ANON you should know fucking better you dumbcunt.
>>
>>340102707
The problem with Sega is that they were too ahead of their time, the complete opposite of Nintendo.

If Sega were still making consoles today we'd have modular consoles that you could pretty much upgrade like a PC, by adding additional APU modules a la Expansion Pak (which is how the upgrades should have been for this gen), and we'd have even more powerful hardware.

Sega didn't really have gimmicks as much as they had innovation and ideas 5 years ahead of everything else.
>>
File: 1444812702811.png (663 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1444812702811.png
663 KB, 900x900
>>340103117

I don't know. I fucking love Nights but I played JoD for the first time a few months ago and I mean that game is not something I want again. All the good parts feel like rehashes of what NiD did, and the game had horrendous amounts of filler.

If it was a $20 digital download only game with far lower expectations, they could probably make it as good as the original because they wouldn't feel the need to put in all kinds of stupid superfluous crap, but if they're going the $60 "big deal" route it'd probably be another disappointment.

>>340103395

technically speaking it's a genderless construct but I mean nights always looked pretty girly to me so I dunno
>>
>>340103821
>Rosy
Amy's alias.
>Emerl
Play Sonic Battle.
Also, he's dead.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (8 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
8 KB, 192x263
>>340103821
>No Eggman
Robotnik you retard.

>Who is rosey

The superior amy who wasnt a clingy bitch.
>>
>>340103674

Sega being at its own throat because they can't cooperate has been a problem and a theme of the company for decades now. you just gotta accept that's how they run and hope it doesn't lead to them almost dying again.
>>
>>340103742
Persistence and stupidity are two frequently confused qualities. There comes a point where Nintendo's "persistence" is recognized for stupidity and then the money people get involved.
>>
>>340103641
It is pretty overrated, no doubt.
>>
>>340096470
You wouldn't like PSO2. It's nothing more than a platform for crossover outfits so otaku can burn their money away on waifu dress up.
>>
>>340089445
...So...Sonic 1?
No. I rather SEGA NOT panderize Classic Sonic again after Sonic 4 existing. Just make something unique BUT;
> with good physics
> good level designs
being the main point of interest.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83 KB, 768x768
>>340103997
>>The superior amy who wasnt a clingy bitch.
Um... Amy literally clings to you whenever you encounter her in Sonic CD.
>>
>>340103821
>Wanting shadow

Hes literally the symbol of what went wrong with the franchise
>>
File: Sonic_Labyrinth_Coverart.png (220 KB, 256x357) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Labyrinth_Coverart.png
220 KB, 256x357
Fuck all y'alls, Sonic Labyrinth sequel when?
>>
>>340104803
Not to the point she chases after you on her own like retarded amy does.
>>
>>340104852
sonic is wearing a diaper in that thumbnail

Now you can't unsee it
>>
>>340104919
She actually does chase you.
>>
File: 1464160068002.jpg (39 KB, 492x388) Image search: [Google]
1464160068002.jpg
39 KB, 492x388
>>340093063
>>
File: Birdie.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Birdie.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>340104919
See, this birdie seems to be in trouble
>>
>>340104852
What's the point without David Bowie?
>>
>>340103884
>>340104068
Honestly, it feels like Sony is the only Japanese gaming company that has a coherent global strategy.
They're available in more countries and languages than either xbox or nintendo.
They've been on the ball when it comes to introducing their console into new regions.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/how-playstation-conquered-europe/0156799
>β€œI thought Nintendo and Sega were being lazy on producing translated versions. And they were dealing with distributors that were taking the mick with the video games industry. I remember saying to Ken Kutaragi [PlayStation CEO at the time] that Europe can have the same install base as the US. He laughed and said: β€˜In your dreams, go for it.’ And it did happen. We localised in multiple languages, we worked hard and made it happen.”

They have like 80% marketshare in various countries because they've been investing in there for decades while other console makers ignored those markets, and it's really paying off for Sony now, there has been big economic growth in Eastern Europe, South East Asia and other places where Playstation is basically the only game in town.
And it's helping Japanese publishers too who now makes Korean and Traditional Chinese standard for pretty much all their release (Yakuza Kiwami sold as much in Taiwan as it did in Japan).
Thats also why we've been seeing more Asia English releases which benefits English speakers world wide on a region free console. (SRW OG, SRW5, Gundam Breakers 3 etc)
>>
>>340103939
>>340103501

It felt like half the time you spent playing JoD was spent watching cutscenes that run at like 12 FPS for some reason. Then you get to a mission and its some banal shit like a platforming section where you play as the kids, or going down a river collecting nightopians. Even the main missions aren't very good since they're pretty limited in terms of score attacking due to the new bird and key system.
>>
>>340105123
Adventure did horrible things to amy's character, made her so utterly useless and unlikeable.
>>
>>340104827
Nah, that's Rouge

You know it's true
>>
>>340105471
At least Rouge is good for porn.
>>
>>340089771
You are an idiot and you should kill yourself
>>
>>340105471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svNrkSlFF40
>>
>>340105471
Rouge and Shadow.

The problem is the game they starred in brought nothing to the table, because they were literally sonic and knuckles clones for the dark side story. Tails being in a mech is fucking stupid but at least it makes sense with eggman around.

Every subsequent game, Rouge and shadow brought nothing new, Closest they were ever original in playstyle was fucking sonic battle, a beat em up.
>>
>>340105728
NO
>>
File: Total-War-Rome-2-Box-Art.jpg (82 KB, 650x915) Image search: [Google]
Total-War-Rome-2-Box-Art.jpg
82 KB, 650x915
>>340089235

Fuck you Sega
>>
File: 1437584847667.jpg (231 KB, 672x1106) Image search: [Google]
1437584847667.jpg
231 KB, 672x1106
>>340105213

For sure that was the main issue. Everything but the first mission and the boss fights of each world were worthless filler of the worst kind. The boss fights themselves weren't really that great generally speaking. The first missions were the closest to the original game but either I just never figured them out or they fucked up something hard because despite having the basics down they felt like an entirely different game due to the whole key system. And those cutscenes fucking murdered the pacing.

Like I said earlier, a lot of things in the game felt like rehashes of the original too. Especially the entire story (at least the general beats of it) and a lot of the boss battles and general world designs.

Most of the things that weren't didn't work. I think the most disappointing thing was that one filler mission that was a rhythm game with Dreams Dreams. It was supposed to be a great moment for sure and I know when I first saw that setpiece in the stage I was thinking "oh man I want to play Dreams Dreams on that" so when I realized I could I got excited. But jesus christ that whole thing just did not work as intended, and getting an A rank on it was nightmarish.

The music was great though I'll give it that much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdMtdXwk8Yo
>>
Getting tired of the classic Sonic autists who can't take others opinions.
>>
>>340089235
The answer is simple just make a new Jet Set Radio
>>
File: chameleon-eyes.jpg (26 KB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
chameleon-eyes.jpg
26 KB, 400x293
>>340105650
>there are lizard people in this very thread
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.