[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW nostalgia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: 435345345345.jpg (286 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
435345345345.jpg
286 KB, 1360x768
What are your favorite WoW dungeons/raids?
>>
>>340088540
>lvl 62
>Flying
>TBC
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_030806_112030.jpg (139 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_030806_112030.jpg
139 KB, 1024x768
>>340088540
>nostalgia
>flying before level 70
>small fel reaver

Nigger please
>>
Probably old deadmines.
>first time doing a dungeon at release
>one guy in the group already knows the dungeon
>leads us through the whole thing
>kind of sloppy, as expected from first time dungeoneers but we manage
>finish the dungeon
>I instantly advertise myself as a some sort of deadmine exprt
>proceed to lead groups through the dungeon for the entire rest of the day
>tfw full defias armor
>>
File: yogg_saron_by_unidcolor.jpg (182 KB, 1024x644) Image search: [Google]
yogg_saron_by_unidcolor.jpg
182 KB, 1024x644
>>340088540

Raid probably Ulduar and maybe AQ, I fucking love Old Gods.

Dunno about dungeons, Scholomance and Stratholme I guess.
>>
>>340090141
Deadmines was the shit.

It's between that and Scarlet Monastery for me.

I also liked that first dungeon with the dragon in TBC too (I quit not long after that so I don't remember the name.)
>>
>>340088540
My favorite raids were all of them as long as there wasnt some prick in the group that was micro managing what everyone else was doing and bitching about it. Quit the game because the community was shit.
>>
>>340089143
Wait, did they make them smaller?
>>
>>340089143
>>340091781
That one is smaller than the other one, the big one is more to the north of Hellfire.
>>
I woudnt say favorite,but deff the one I spent most time in/geting a group for was maradon. during vanilla it was almost impossible to get a group for maradon. Had to walk deep in horde territory, had to be attuned to open the cave door, climb through a maze of caverns, pick which entrance you wanted to tackle, then not fall into the water during the final boss fight with the fat rock bitch. had some pretty good gear for lv40s tho.
>>
>>340092174
Wuuut why would they be of different sizes? They are literally the same mob
>>
BWL
>>
>>340092174
Actually they reduced the size of the fel-reavers and some bosses too, like the final boss from Uldaman and even the final boss from Wailing Caverns, sometime during cataclysm iirc
>>
>>340088540
Scarlet Monastery and Dire Maul.
>>
File: latest[1].gif (25 KB, 218x376) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].gif
25 KB, 218x376
>>340091452
About half the fun of Scarlet Monastery was just getting to the dungeon if you were alliance on a PvP realm

Was always pretty tense, never knew what you'd run into

Definitely one of the things that made me appreciate running to dungeons
>>
File: DireMaulPath[1].jpg (364 KB, 1860x1167) Image search: [Google]
DireMaulPath[1].jpg
364 KB, 1860x1167
I always enjoyed the ruined ancient city thing Dire Maul had going on. The area was expansive yet seemed cohesive with the Library passage.
>>
>Wailing Caverns/Deadmines
first interesting dungeon experience
>Karazhan
>Ulduar
>Zul'Aman

and I actually hated Ulduar the moment it came out, but completely changed my mind later.
>>
>>340088540
I liked the original ZG and Karazhan for raids, they were just satisfying interesting places to play in.

Dungeons I liked: Sunken Temple, Scarlet Monastery (Arm/Cath), Stratholme, Zul'Farrak
>>
>>340094496
>The area was expansive yet seemed cohesive with the Library passage.
that place is huuuge, was fun to explore
>>
>>340088540
why does he have no key bindings. how can anyone play WoW that way
>>
>>340095851
because warriors are for clickers
>>
>40man nax
Still the best experience I've ever had in a game. Amazing atmosphere as well as really unique bosses. I was actually happy when blizz announced Nax was being re-tuned for wotlk. My only regret is not many players experienced 40man nax. Bosses ranged from being simple to incredibly difficult. The 25man version in wotlk was a far cry from the difficulty in the 40man version.
>>
>>340091735
>My favorite raids were all of them as long as there wasnt some prick in the group that was micro managing what everyone else was doing and bitching about it. Quit the game because the community was shit.
Found the shitter that shouldn't have ever been in raids. Go pvp shitter.
>>
>>340097483
>Still the best experience I've ever had in a game. Amazing atmosphere as well as really unique bosses. I was actually happy when blizz announced Nax was being re-tuned for wotlk. My only regret is not many players experienced 40man nax. Bosses ranged from being simple to incredibly difficult. The 25man version in wotlk was a far cry from the difficulty in the 40man version.
Well not really. The secret was that they didn't even bother updating any of the numbers at all aside from autoattacks. So it basically was the original difficulty. Yknow except you had 20 more levels.
>>
>>340097638
>tfw my guild had a disclaimer in the app that would keep people like him away
Basically said "if you can't handle harsh criticism and being yelled at gtfo and look for another guild"
>>
>>340097808
Interesting, I didn't know that.
I think the issue with me was I was still part of my original guild that cleared 40man nax. So, when we went to 25man nax we cleared the place in two days. I guess when you have an entire raid that knew all the fights it seemed easy.
>>
>>340097638
>Go pvp shitter

PVE baby thinks he is superior to someone that PVPs. Because scripted events is super complex shit, right?

You're the "shitter", son.
>>
>>340097921
>Basically said "if you can't handle harsh criticism and being yelled at gtfo and look for another guild"
How else were people supposed to get better? A raid guild is a team, its not for people who don't want to actually play as a team like pvpers.
Pvp is and always has been a joke.
>>
>>340098235
Then why couldn't pvp guilds ever pve but good pve guilds did both.

Pvpers are always defending themselves because they think pvping is hard and could never get in a decent guild
>>
File: pic2.png (194 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
pic2.png
194 KB, 500x375
>>340088540
Tfw pre TBC event

Kazzak in Stormwind

...the walkway literally paved in skeletons...
>>
>>340098326
I'm not disagreeing with you, your post just reminded me of that snippet. Our guild was a really tight family because of it, I miss it
>>
>>340098481
Corrupted blood was better, because no one knew wtf was going on. Was anything fun ever kited to ironforge?
>>
>>340098662
>I'm not disagreeing with you, your post just reminded me of that snippet. Our guild was a really tight family because of it, I miss it
I understood that, it was just something I always wondered about. People choose to hold onto their pet specs because it was "fun". Yknow what was fun? Downing bosses.
>>
File: Gilgamesh.jpg (69 KB, 658x436) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.jpg
69 KB, 658x436
>>340098481
>Warlocks letting demons loose in Goldshire
>Noobs panicking and trying to form raids to stop kill them
>Skeletons everywhere
God that was fun
>>
>>340098703
The Naxx Event was also fun

but then people had to fucking bitch about it
>>
>>340097638

>Implying it wasn't harder to carry 1/3 or 1/5 retards than 1/10 or 1/25

>Implying high level PvP didn't take more skill than PvE

>>340098326

You're a fucking retard if you don't think good PvP takes more coordination than a PvE raid. Unpredictable enemy behaviour plus having to manage both strategic and tactical levels if it was a premade/an RBG these days puts more pressure on team play, not less.
>>
>>340099025
>The Naxx Event was also fun
>
>but then people had to fucking bitch about it
Yeah I'm not gonna deny I griefed people hard for the whole time it up.
>>
>>340092456
But why? Were they afraid that low-level bosses would match the size of their end game bosses and make them seem weak or something?
>>
He's right though. Arena is terrible.
>>
>>340099303
big enemys r scaree
>>
>>340099303
New players probably complained about them being too scary or something.
>>
>>340088540
Original ZG, undead Strat and Black Temple.
>>
>>340099430
NuBlizzard really don't know what they're doing. I feel like there was a sense of scale to back in the days too. Maybe they messed with the fov, i don't know what they did but everything just feels small and fake (i'm also talking about structures and landscapes here)
>>
>entering MC for the first time
>seeing the fuckhuge giants and tanking them for the first time
>not pulling them back and dying to firelords spawns

>tfw first epic after seeing people on your server start to get MC gear

Belt of might you will always have a place in my heart

>tfw making enough money to buy the quel'serrar book

>tfw fighting thunderaan for your thunderfury

Tanking got boring after a while, but there's a lot of moments I cherish from when I did it
>>
>>340099996
>Tanking got boring after a while, but there's a lot of moments I cherish from when I did it
Oh shit man, if you thought tanking was boring back then you should try it now. You're glorified dps now, its the lamest ass shit.
>>
BRD/MC is best
>>
>>340099902
Doesn't help it's gone from you being an adventurer on foot that has a NORMAL mount to throwing in mammoths, dragons, giant robots, bioware writers and all kinds of other shitty mounts you have now.
>>
>>340100374
Don't you call my cat a 'normal' mount. She aint no pack mule horse
>>
>>340100374
>Doesn't help it's gone from you being an adventurer on foot that has a NORMAL mount to throwing in mammoths, dragons, giant robots, bioware writers and all kinds of other shitty mounts you have now.
Now you're just complaining about baggage though anon. That was always gonna happen as they added to the game. No the biggest loss is one of continuity, where all the content no longer matters, only some of it at any one time.
Instead of expansion resets you get patch resets now, there is no building towards the end, only the current slog.
>>
>>340100564
>>340100624

I was talking in terms of size and scale bros, having gigantic mounts fucks with how the buildings look. Except for you Night Elf filth go back to your treehouse
>>
>>340101105
Hey fuck you man, treehouses are cool
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.