[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on these games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: darkcloud.png (510 KB, 540x364) Image search: [Google]
darkcloud.png
510 KB, 540x364
Opinions on these games?
>>
>>340086364
Bretty good
>>
Didn't play the first one (although I do own it) and the second one has the world's longest intro so I dropped it. The demo was cool though.
>>
>>340086364
I remember playing the second one when I was younger and I recall it being fun as shit.
>>
>>340086631
Try the first one. The tutorial doesn't drag as long and it's fun as fuck.
>>
Started replaying the first one Friday and finished the 1st town yesterday, the combat is a lot stiffer than I remember and the dungeons do get boring but the towns have a certain charm and the weapon leveling and evolving system is still as interesting as ever
>>
>>340086861
Will do, I don't know why I've put it off for so long, I've had it for at least 8 years but never had the urge to try it.
>>
aren't these games spiritual successors to Soul Blazer on the SNES?
>>
>>340087137
Very similar, but Soul Blazer was by Enix. I don't think any of the Dark Cloud/Level-5 team worked on it.
>>
>>340086364
played dark cloud 2 and it's ok. it gets repetitive after some hours and it has too many features that don't actually matter. they're just there to take up space.
>>
>>340086364
Dark Cloud 2 was pretty much responsible for my love for steampunk. Cyberpunk babies be damned.
>>
Comfy as fuck.
>>
Im on the second town in the first one

Never touched dark cloud 2

Is it better? I heard mixed things
>>
>>340088225
Dc 2 is easier, a lot of survival mechanics were made waaaay easier.

On the other hand it feels much more alive than 1.
>>
i remember getting headaches from the repetitiveness of dark cloud 1 as a kid
>>
OST is pretty nice
>>
>>340088132
it's not a fight, chill out steambro
>>
These games really make you think, what would jRP'G's be if you could fully customize every feature in them, from the town building to the weapon design, to the smallest things like photography and NPC relationships?
>>
>>340086364
I played Dark Cloud 2 as a kid and I think I played the first part of the game with the circus and the sewers like a million times.

I remember the game being kind of repetetive with TONS of costumization, its pretty fun and I remember the story being cool with time travel(?)

I'd say give it a shot, this is a game where you can spend 100+ hours easily.

Also, I'm not sure if it was in Dark Cloud 2 that you could morph into monsters? I loved this feature but I'm not sure if it was in DC2.
>>
2 of my fav games
>>
>>340087924
neat, I think I might check them out after I finish a few games on my backlog
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.