[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck is anyone supposed to kill this with only 14 health?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
How the fuck is anyone supposed to kill this with only 14 health?
>>
How the fuck is anybody supposed to see this with only 14 pixels
>>
Why are you emulating Super Metroid at such a low resolution?
>>
>>340086091
What is even supposed to be YOU in that screenshot? It just looks like someone threw up pixels all over the bottom half of the screen.
>>
Study the attack patterns, everything is easy to avoid

This boss also has 3 phases so just take your time and be calm.

You also might want to search for some more health upgrades
>>
ESA was amazing, despite its graphics
>>
>>340086353
literally none of the health upgrades are accessible at this point
>>
This game was basically like an NES demake of Metroid Fusion. Except its graphics are much worse than actual NES games.
>>
>>340087950
the graphics are fine
>>
>>340089110
Nope.
>>
File: 4NESgameGFXexamples.png (50 KB, 518x486) Image search: [Google]
4NESgameGFXexamples.png
50 KB, 518x486
>>340089110
'no'
>>
>>340089640
its at even less than NES resolution and still looks good
>>
>>340089884
The game itself seems alright but the graphics are pure ass. Even with the NES sprite limitations you can usually tell what the fuck you're looking at. If it was made by one guy I understand though.
>>
This boss nearly made me ragequit.

There is another boss soon (maybe the next one, can't quite remember) that is the absolute peak of bullshit boss design in this game. All bosses after it are fine though, and the game is fun, so try persevering.
>>
>>340090223
its LESS than NES resolution

like 1/4 of NES resolution

those icons in the OP image are FIVE PIXELS HIGH
>>
>>340090223
>If it was made by one guy I understand though.
Basically it was, some of the music was composed by someone else but for the most part it's a one-man-show
>>
>>340086091
The fuck is this? I was about to tell you to git gud because I thought it was one of the early bosses from Super Metroid
>>
>>340090884
Environmental Station Alpha

Pretty good game if you can get over the graphics. It does look better in motion, that being said.
>>
enviromental spacestation alpha
>>
>>340089640
>>340087950

it's 162x128

in comparison a nes game is 256 x 240

you try making a game at that resolution as good as ESA looks and come back to me

that being said ESA2 is being made at a higher resolution and looks more like a traditional nes game
>>
>>340089640
ESA has lower resolution but higher bit depth than the NES

It's like if the SNES and Atari 2600 had puppies

The level design though, blows the shit out of just about every other Metroidvania except for Super and SotN. It's absolutely brilliant and you're doing yourself a disservice by skipping it just because of the way it looks

It's also tough as nails where most metroidvanias as piss easy
>>
Indie pixel garbage Metroid ripoff.

Where do I report this to Nintendo at?
>>
>>340086219

Ken beat me to it
>>
File: screenshot01.jpg (590 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
screenshot01.jpg
590 KB, 1200x720
>>340092736
Be sure to report this while you're at it
>>
>>340086091
git gud. That's a legit case of "git gud or drop the game". ESA has a tendency to be brutal from time to time.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.