[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some characters that are absolutely hated by the fanbase?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
What are some characters that are absolutely hated by the fanbase?

I heard this dude was hated so much they literally had to retcon him out of existence.
>>
File: K9999.jpg (119 KB, 545x600) Image search: [Google]
K9999.jpg
119 KB, 545x600
Did someone say retconned out of existence?
>>
Med'an
>>
I'm only a casual KoF player but he was retconned? When? He was in XIII and XIV isn't out yet.
>>
>>340084073
confirmed for not beating XIII
>>
he was always a main in my teams since he was introduced. fucking lorefags
>>
File: 1406333358755.jpg (687 KB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
1406333358755.jpg
687 KB, 1500x1200
>>340082209

He was created to be the leading character you absolutely hated and loathed yourself for playing as him. He fulfilled his role so well they basically had to fucking kill him in the end.

In that bizarre kind of way he's a perfect character design i guess.
>>
File: Saiki.png (588 KB, 731x1268) Image search: [Google]
Saiki.png
588 KB, 731x1268
>>340084073

In XIII, Ash's genetic ancestor Saiki is stopped indefinitely from stepping back into the distant past in order to repeat the game's events and by proxy Ash himself follows suit in order to save the day.

The result is Ash is completely erased from history and the game's ongoing continuity continues as if he never existed.
>>
>>340082209
His design is terribad thats why.
>>
The only thing Ash was ever good for is fuccboi fap material.
>>
>>340086242
This desu
>>
>>340082209
I understand why Ash could have been divisive, but did they really have to get rid of Elizabeth, Shen Woo, and Duo Lon as well? Ron's still out there and apparently the new KOF is going to have a lot of China in it, so Duo Lon especially should have fit in like a glove.
>>
>>340082209
He's pretty hot.
>>
>>340082209
they spent the most resources on his character sprite and model in 12 and 13, was hated but they kept pushing him until they finally gave in and just deleted him in the end.
>>
I don't know anything about this series but I fapped several times to him, why is he hated?
>>
>>340087126
Read the thread.

tl;dr long time fans were confused at their boners for him
>>
>>340086524
>no Shen fucking Woo in XIV
It still hurts.
>>
>>340087225
Heterocucks ruin everything yet again.
>>
>>340083929
He isn't hated by anyone, though. Maybe SNK's legal department, but that's it.

>>340086524
While Shen Woo's exclusion is total bullshit, Elizabeth wouldn't have a reason to keep entering the KoF tournaments. I mean, she was entering for the sake of Ash, who no longer exists. As for Duo Lon, while we know this is going to be the beginning of the Dragon Spirit arc, we still don't know how big of a role is Ron going to have.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.