[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: TOS(2).jpg (225 KB, 1502x802) Image search: [Google]
TOS(2).jpg
225 KB, 1502x802
What went wrong?
>>
A "what went right" thread would be a lot more efficient, because that would already be over.
>>
Released prematurely, too many classes to balance properly, only method of levelling is questing and dungeons when people wanted a comfy grinding option. Plus Nexon Korea are Jew fucks
>>
The game marketed itself as a spiritual successor to Ragnarok Online while being completely different. Also it's shit.
>>
EXP cards and set quests give 1000x more EXP than killing enemies. Remove EXP cards and quests then increase EXP from enemies by about 50x. And have more open areas to explore. There, I just fixed ToS.
>>
2d weeb game?
>>
>>340077103
This shit used to be so much less of a problem ages ago.

Only the minority cared about balance, the rest were "casuals" who were just happy doing their own thing. Now everyone and their mother tries to be hardcore and wants perfect balance in fucking mmos of all things.
>>
>>340076512
Lag
>>
>>340077206
what about the stupid skill system where you have to wait a minute to cast the only useful spell again while the mobs just stare at you doing nothing.
>>
>>340078228

Oh there's definitely things that can be improved in combat. But before they can fix combat and balance classes, they need to fix the core game design and how you level.
>>
>>340077103

>Released prematurely

yep.

the game shouldn't have been released until august at the least. instead, everyone pitched a fit because they wanted the game now. and now they have to deal with this broken, laggy and buggy mess. it's funny seeing the same people who defended imc when it released are now quitting because they can't put up with this shit.

it's still filled with bots megaphoning everyday their silver selling websites even though imc blocked the game for new players.
>>
>>340076512
HORRIBLE FUCKING LAG
BUGS OUT OF THE ASS
BOTS AND SPAMMERS E V E R Y W H E R E
SHITTY ASS TRADING SYSTEM WHICH IS GARBAGE EVEN IF YOU BUY PREMIUM
PREMIUM WHICH IS FUCKING GARBAGE AND BARELY MAKES A DIFFERENCE
WORST PVP BALANCE OUT OF ANY MMORPG EVER FUCKING MADE
WHAT THE FUCK WENT RIGHT WOULD BE A BETTER FUCKING QUESTION
FUCK THIS FUCKING FAGGOT GAME AND FUCK GRAVITY OR WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY'RE CALLED NOW
>>
>>340079463

Let me guess, you also bought the founders edition.
>>
>release overpriced DLC
>"oh, you don't like the price? but we released that because we couldn't figure out how to sell the in-game currency like all the other f2p games do"
>"by the way, we also didn't research how to do international servers and chose a very expensive option, please pay it for us"
>"also, we didn't know the way our service provider handles DDoS changes between regions, so we can't do anything about it short of changing the service provider"

>>340079051
>even though imc blocked the game for new players

There's a command line option you can still use with Steam to install the game. Pretty sure silver sellers must know about it.
>>
>>340079763
I bought the cheap one, it's not the money I'm mad about but the fact that the base of the game is really good, yet is completely wasted because of the horrible execution.
>>
Blade & Soul or Tree of Savior?
>>
>>340077149
>The game marketed itself as a spiritual successor to Ragnarok Online while being completely different.

This.
>>
I have a hunter character and 90% of my damage comes from my pet. I have one skill that assures flying bosses will die in the next 10 seconds because if it doesn't die just from the bleed damage it will die because it straight up doubles the damage of my party. It's actually kind of obscene how dead things are when my skills work, but they don't work very often. If the AI/server decides not to cast a spell I just lose it, it goes on cooldown and takes mana without having any actual effect.

Hunters with pets used to have auto-rushdog where their pet would use their blitz attack every now and then for free and it's really great because it's based off your damage instead of your pets. But since they removed that and because pets don't have any equipment (despite having equipment slots) it actually takes TRILLIONS of silver to get its stats even remotely close to a similar leveled player and without that investment it always hits for 1 damage against enemies and dies if a stiff breeze comes its way, disabling all my skills for 60 seconds until its revived with 1 HP just to die again.

Unlike Ragnarok Online you can't use a level 10 ability with its level 1 effect. I could have a spell that stuns an enemy/player for almost 20 seconds while they take tons of damage twice a second and become 40% more likely to take critical damage, but it means that using that skill against any normal enemy will stun my own pet for the full 20 seconds every time I use it, even if an enemy dies 2 or 3 seconds into the duration.

It just really sucks to play as anything that isn't a boring straight DPS character because all the cool gimmick classes are totally broken. I totally forgot to mention how often my pet just breaks and won't move or attack unless I reset the game. And for some reason you can't heal your pet at all in dungeons.
>>
>>340082242
Now that you mention it, I wonder why it isn't possible to use your skills at levels lower than current in modern games, especially if they have progressively increasing mana costs and cooldowns.
>>
>>340076512
>Korea
>>
>>340083232
This one in particular doesn't change all that much unless you have certain attributes turned on. Snatching has a 15 second cooldown without the attribute and 25 seconds with it no matter if your skill is level 1 or level 15. But really there's never any advantage to using a lower level skill for 99% of the abilities in the game. If you have a level 15 multi-shot but only charge it up enough for 2 hits those 2 hits are going to do 300 more damage and charge much faster than a regular level 2 multishot.
Unless your shitty pet doesn't change its state when the monster its attacking has already died. I can't even use the level 1 version against the vast majority of enemies I'm fighting because the 7 second duration is 5 seconds too long for my pet to stun itself. It just gets mobbed by enemies without being able to take any commands to fight back.
>>
Most linear MMO I've ever seen.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.