[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone had the audacity to say that this wasn't the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: TheWitcher3.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
TheWitcher3.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
Someone had the audacity to say that this wasn't the greatest game ever made!
>>
>>340067817
Should you buy the PS4 version of this game of you don't have a high end PC ?

Does this game have enough action, gore and tits ?
>>
>>340069152
>if
>>
So much content compared to the half ass rpgs now days
>>
I wanted to like this game so fucking hard but the atrocious quest design and overbloated amounts of filler fucked my experience up so far it never recovered.
>>
>>340067817

It's good, the main questline mixed with some of the offside quests are fun. The horrible amount of samey contracts and useless secondary quests that I've come across do detract from the game a bit. The combat is also a bit stale. You basically spam fast sword, dodge, or parry. Which can be good and fun, but at times, the combat can be downright frustrating.

I've only reached the part where I sent Triss Merigold off to Kohvir(sp?) which was heartbreaking to me, cause I fuckin' really do love that girl. My actual preferences IRL are gingers, so it was painful to see her go.

I'm still in Novigrad, haven't even gotten to Skellige Island at all, and I'm level 18.

Seems a bit draggy at times. Also I was a bit stupid and read up on endings. Just glad I read the one that kept Ciri alive, and hopefully I can still do such. I don't want my daughter to die.
>>
Beat this game on Death March. The first 30 or so hours were enjoyable but kind of a slog. After I got to Skellige things really took of and I had a ton of fun.

I can see why some people wouldn't like it. The pacing is very drawn out.
>>
Most witcherfags don't even talk about the combat honestly. I've yet to see anything about the combat being good in a witcher thread.
>>
>>340067817
not even the best game in the last few years buddy, and no number of shill threads will change that.
>>
>>340067817
the whole game portion of it felt like a afterthought to their goal of telling a story that turned out to be meh in the end.

that shit will never be a "good" game in my book.
>>
>>340072397
Beware anon, those tough witcher guys might just report you for having a different opinion. Every time I go to their threads to try and ask them how the combat is good I'm always met with threats of being reported.
>>
>Loot system is terrible and heavily redunant. There's no reason to get more than 90% of it after you reached the teens in levels.While a lot of the actual important stuff like bomb and potion upgrades are randomly sorted in shops.

>Combat is fucking terrible. Geralt is too busy being a ballerina to do nice, precise, and effective swings outside two upgrades which break the game. While Quen > Bomb > Spam Light Swing never goes out of style.

>Difficulty is practically RNG. Quests rarely increase in difficulty along with levels, so many hunting quests are grind gated than deep shit you're not able to do yet. Meanwhile equal ones for you can have enemies that suddenly have piercing damage by the fuckton and ohko you in a burst.

>The main quest is total garbage. Ciri is not interesting at all the moment you actually meet her. While the Wild Hunt is fucking stupid and easier as the leader's main force than one single general. The final twist is also so "Well what was the point?"

>Skellige
I don't get how anyone can say things kicked off there. While the monarchy story is very interesting, everything else is weaker than the Novigrad and Baron arcs, even the enemy difficulty.
>>
I'm still in Novigrad, haven't even gotten to Skellige Island at all, and I'm level 18.

The game is made so that you will be at level 30 at the end of the campaign.

Players will roughly be at the same level at the end of the game regardless of how many sidequests they do.
>>
>>340073545
believe me, janitors are shit. I report every shill Witcher shill thread(just look at the board now, there are 10 shill threads), but the mods don't do shit about it.

They have a huge community on this pleb board, mods are afraid they will lose traffic if they close even one of their threds
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.