[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: 9TFrEgZ.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9TFrEgZ.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
So what went wrong?
>>
>>340060964
bethesda reusing the same tired engine while trying to reinvent the wheel.
>>
Runs like shit
Looks like shit (which wouldn't be a problem if it ran with an appropriate framerate to it's look, but it doesn't)
Removed fundamental RPG mechanics
Removed the majority of choice from the game
>>
>>340061142
>>
everything
>>
>>340060964
No choice
Voiced Protag
>>
>>340061330
>Voiced Protag

This. I'm still completely bewildered as to why the fuck they thought that was a good idea.
>>
File: Fallout4bad2.png (4 MB, 1601x872) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4bad2.png
4 MB, 1601x872
Let me enlighten you, OP.
>>
i blame todd. he's too beta to lead
>>
No nude or sex mods for consoles
>>
Nothing, really. It just has that typical Bethesda mediocrity where it's acceptable enough to put a hundred hours into it but still feel disappointed. They should have released the mod tools sooner.
>>
Hearing about the dialogue tree is what kept me from buying it.
>>
Shitty 4 choice dialog wheel.
Persuade/fail all lead to same shitty outcome.
[HATE FUCKING NEWSPAPERS]
>>
>>340060964
>No Level Cap
>No builds as a result
>No Attribute points
>Shit perks because No Attribute points
>No difficult choices to make during leveling
>No roleplaying
>No choice in dialogue
>Voiced Protag

Etc. etc.
>>
fucking abysmal game
>>
>>340060964
radiant quests and non-radiant quests are almost indistinguishable.
>>
>>340060964
Bethesda
>>
Crafting.

>[HATE CRAFTING]
>>
>>340061453
Hell, I don't even think Voice Protag could have been that bad, if they'd just committed to it, and gone full Shepard, with "You are this character, and this is his story". Instead, they tried to mix that, with the classic "Blank Slate" of Elder Scrolls and the older fallouts, and those just don't mesh.
>>
>>340061453

Voiced protag could have been nice if they'd given several different voices, so you could pick one based on the character you wanted to be.
>>
>>340060964
As others have said, I really think the voiced protagonist/Established background was the biggest problem.

Not only does it take choice away from the player to start out, but it limits them for the entire game.

Most of the issues I think, stem from that rather than simply poor design.
>>
File: 1458820197623.png (423 KB, 450x532) Image search: [Google]
1458820197623.png
423 KB, 450x532
>>340060964

It was made by bethesda.
>>
It was made.
>>
>>340060964
The basic problem was that it wasn't an RPG. That and turning skills into perks, who the fuck thought that would be a good idea? He needs firing who ever it was.
>>
>>340061867

Multiple voice choices and backgrounds could have saved that.
>>
Why are the graphics so shit?
>>
>>340061978
That's the point though, it's so fucking expensive, both in terms of time and money, to allow for multiple voices and characters.
>>
>>340061978
Yeah, I can see that.

Hell, I would have been somewhat okay with voiced protag if there was an option to not be tied to the preset backgrounds.
>>
>>340060964
It was Fallout 3: Part Deux and still managed to be inferior to it.
>>
>>340060964
They've become even more fucking lazy with quest designs, even worse than Skyrim.
>>
>>340061935
I could understand turning skills into perks. It removes the numbers for casuals and makes it seems less intimidating while still keeping the underlying stat. What ruins the game is that there are so few stat/perk checks. Perks can be good, but the vast majority of the Falllout 4 didn't amount to anything other than "take less damage" or "do more damage".
>>
Does anyone miss being able to get new perks from questlines?
>>
>>340060964

(B) HATE WRITING PLAYER CHOICES
>>
Just felt dull af
>>
>>340061998
This. I get that bethesda games always look ugly, but they didn't even try this time. It arguably looks worse than skyrim
>>
It doesn't do any of what New Vegas and Wasteland 2 did.
And those are two of the best examples of how to create an open world RPG that has lasting appeal. Within a few years, no one, not even the fanboys, will defend this game. New Vegas and wasteland 2 will stay relatively the same, because they were crafted. Not just made.
>>
Nothing. It's a great game. A terrible RPG, mind you, but an awesome open-world shooter with a vibrant look and some fun characters. It's like if STALKER was good.
>>
>>340060964
The voiced protagonist with the shitty dialogue wheel and no attribute system which made leveling a chore.

Honestly though? I could have lived with all that bullshit, really. My problem with the game is that it just didn't feel like it was finished like. The other games felt so rich and alive, but here there's all this beautiful world to explore and they somehow made it feel so fucking empty and pointless that it just makes me want to turn off the game and never turn it on again.

Maybe it will be better when all the DLC comes out for it and helps flesh it out a bit, probably not though. Even it did then it still wouldn't have justified the price of it. If you pay more than $40 for the game with all the DLC attached then you're probably paying too much for heartache over something that should have been great.
>>
>>340061815
Precisely. I tried to make a large hispanic man named Ceaser who specializes in melee fighting. You can imagine what voice i invisioned him having.

It's all ruined when he sounds like a flaccid middle aged white guy.
>>
>>340060964
Everything. I hated every thing in that game.
>>
FO5 when
>>
>>340062806
Great bait mate.
>>
>>340062370
>I could understand turning skills into perks

I couldn't disagree more, skills and perks are two separate things imo. Although I'll admit that I put up with it in Skyrim, I still wasn't overly pleased with it.

>Perks can be good, but the vast majority of the Falllout 4 didn't amount to anything other than "take less damage" or "do more damage".

This would have helped it be less shit, but I still don't like the idea.
>>
>>340061453
They literally went "we want the mass effect audience" just like they also catered to the minecraft kiddies with that god awful settlement building thing. At this rate the next bethesda fallout is going to be CoD: post-apocalyptic edition.
>>
>>340062861
Yeah. My first time through, I saw the scar options, and decided to make a scarred, kick ass and take names badass. I get into the game, and it's just a slightly whiny, bored dude.
>>
>>340062992

Sorry, I don't enjoy bland-ass gray everywhere and Russian accents being the only personality the game has.

STALKER is shit. Fallout 4 does everything it tried to do but better.
>>
>>340063156
That just makes it sound even worse
>>
You guys sure like talking about Fallout 4

I guess it succeeded in that regard
>>
File: 1458859678892.gif (387 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
1458859678892.gif
387 KB, 269x270
Perks being levels. Perks in the old games were fun things that you'd get to make the game better every 2 levels. In 4 they were turned into a chore of investing just to properly use your weapons, armor, or pretty much do anything. so leveling doesn't feel rewarding in 4 its a fucking chore.
>>
File: 1464930061543.jpg (36 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1464930061543.jpg
36 KB, 490x490
>>340060964
The devs robbed players of agency to tell them the story Bethesda wanted to tell.
And then the story Bethesda wanted to tell turned out to be bad.
>>
>>340060964

>be Bethesda
>release games when they're 50% done
>make modders polish the games, then take credit for their work
>fans of the games reward this behavior again and again
>>
File: 1462736579076.jpg (31 KB, 415x354) Image search: [Google]
1462736579076.jpg
31 KB, 415x354
>mfw can run skyrim maxed a one eighty pee, but fallout 4 barely goes over 30 fps in 720p with settings set to minimum
What the fuck did you do, Todd Holwen?
>>
>>340060964
Story was absolute crap, a complete retread of Fallout 3 but with a half-assed faction choice. I'm not sure why Bethesda seems to think the "Vault Dweller looking for family member" story fits the Fallout universe so well but it really doesn't. The dialogue wheel has a brief glimmer of brilliance every now and then but it never ends up being worth the range of dialogue that you end up losing because of it. All the factions are fucking stupid and none of them are satisfying in the least. Same goes for perks. The weapon customization is neat but doesn't go nearly as far as it has to in order to make up for the overall lack of weapon variety. Melee is totally pointless and downright terrible unless you abuse VATS and Blitz. Enemy and quest variety is down the fucking toilet, with nine out of ten quests being "go to place and kill all the enemies inside". Embarrassing lack of skill and perk checks in dialogue and in quests.

On the plus side interior level design is much improved from previous games, as is the shooting. Far Harbor was also much better than the base game in many ways, especially the faction choice.
>>
>>340063281
Holy shit, this. It's not "Oh, I wanna get this cool bonus, on top of already getting better in my skills", it's "I /need/ to take this or that, if I want to be on par"
>>
>>340063252
Do suicide booths also succeed when someone vents about their family member offing themselves?
>>
>/v/ hating on masterpieces to be edgy

lol
>>
>>340060964
>bethesda reusing the same tired engine while trying to reinvent the wheel.
They didn't reinvent anything quite the contrary they dumbed down everything. Fallout 4 is too simple and area is too small. It sold well because of the Fallout name and that's all.
>>
>>340060964
>So what went wrong?

Well I'M THE TYPE OF GUY WHO LIKES TO ROAM AROUND

I'M NEVER IN ONE PLACE, I ROAM FROM TOWN TO TOWN
>>
>>340061453
Normalfags loved it.
>>
>>340062974
in about 6, 7 years. We'll probably get another game like NV in about 2 years.
>>
>>340063319
something about amd default godrays does a lot of shit to the fps
>>
Why the fuck did Shaun not come and get you right away instead of literally trying to murder you by sending dozens and dozens of robots in order to prevent you from finding him?
>>
>>340063715
Hopefully the people who made New Vegas get work on another Fallout game.

Itd be awesome have a multiplayer fallout, where you could start factions and free roam around doing missions or just tearing other players apart.
>>
>>340064651
Because ESO worked out so well
>>
>>340061453
they should've added voice options like on saints row.
>>
-It's an HD remake of Fallout 3
-The main quest isn't great because you have this dad who desperately wants to find his kid but then you have a bunch of side quests and settlement building bullshit that means nothing to the character. Don't make us play as a character with a clearly defined goal and emotional gravitas if your gameplay doesn't support it. Give us a blank slate.
>Most of the cool stuff is a tease. Crafting is just deep enough to scratch the itch but not deep enough to be really satisfying. Plus you start to look around and say "If I can make this, why not that? If these parts exist in the world why can't I collect them?"
-Typical gamebryo complaints.
>>
>>340061142
>>
>>340063074
Like that anon said. They shouldnt have tried to mesh the familiar "blank slate" with a voiced protag who already has a backstory.

Either give us full control of who our characters are/were or give us a well written fleshed out character. We cant have both.
>>
>>340060964
everything, still waiting for the sex mods tho
>>
>>340064971
Didn't New Vegas sort of do the same thing with you wanting to get revenge on Benny?
>>
>>340065081

Kinda but not really. I mean you have a goal: to find your killer. But your character is blank. It's up to you to decide what kind of person he is and how interested he is in finding Benny. Fallout 4 makes it very clear that the MC's urge to find Shaun is important. Like time is of the essence.
>>
>>340061453
Heres why the voiced protagonist failed.

Theres a seperation line from what the player knows and what the character should know.

As the player I know all about the institute, brotherhood of steel, ect. But my character who has been locked in ice for 200 years shouldn't know this shit and frankly its boring relearning about factions I already know about.

Thats what broke my immersion for me, my character shouldn't know about anything and should be asking a lot of questions but I make my character ask no questions because I know all this bullshit.
>>
>>340065308
This bugged me as well. It's okay to maybe have one dialogue line where you can ask who they are just so the player is caught up to speed on who they're talking to. But in 4 every dialogue option is you're dumbshit character not knowing what anything is.

This is why a character going from pre-war immediately to post-war is a retarded idea

Also, why the fuck is my female character able to know how to engage in combat perfectly? As the male character it makes sense since you were a soldier, but I was a fucking squishy lawyer. I should have been raped and murdered 20 minutes into the wasteland, considering the commonwealths current state.
>>
Skills tied specifically to SPECIAL, instead of being individual stats, even like in Skyrim, made the entire mechanics of SPECIAL completely fucked.

Perks were literal carry-overs from Skyrim.

Voiced protag was garbage, at least the male one was. Female voice actor is actually good and doesn't overly exaggerate emotions like the male actor does.

RPG mechanics gone almost completely.

Somehow turned out even more shallow than Skyrim was.
>>
>>340060964

Them being gigantic jews and threatening to raise the price of the season pass. I'm not buying any DLC for the game until it's pennies on the dollar.

You don't release a game this empty and thoughtless and charge so much for "extra" content.
>>
>>340065797
>Also, why the fuck is my female character able to know how to engage in combat perfectly? As the male character it makes sense since you were a soldier, but I was a fucking squishy lawyer. I should have been raped and murdered 20 minutes into the wasteland, considering the commonwealths current state.
They hooked up at the shooting range.
>>
Caring too much about graphics, not caring with actual gameplay or fun.
>>
>>340061453
You have no idea how many normies complain about having to read anything, ever
>>
>>340066270
Are you pulling my dick or is this actually said in game? I thought they met at a park or some shit
>>
>>340065081
No because you have numerous possible motivations for Benny, with revenge just being one of them.

>curiosity
>getting the chip back and finishing the delivery
>contractual obligation
>>
>>340066807
>lust
>an autograph from best Friends
>>
Off the top of my head:
>Gutting the bulk of the "complicated" RPG mechanics
>Improving the visual quality of shit, but not where it matters, just higher resolution shit
>Because of above, runs like ass
>Add in a bunch of interesting features, like weapon and armor modification beyond 1 or 2 weapon mods and housing
>But don't properly expand on them, just slap a few things in and leave various things that mechanically work like electric flamethrowers out and only usable via mods/console
>Lock half the housing shit behind DLC
>$50 Season Pass
>Everything in it is still mediocre
>Voice Protagonist that breaks all immersion one could have
>It's you as some whiny fuck with "Muh son." complex as male or female
>Only 1 voice per Gender, so you can't even have a Mexican or a black or anything, just generic white dude/bitch, no planned voice packs
>Gutted the conversation system entirely
>Only skill checks besides hacking and lockpicking are in the DLC
>Whole game is basically a cash grab on the series
>Ignore series lore and just retcon it all as "they were wrong" or equivalent
>>
>>340060964
Taking a RPG franchise and turning into a soulless FPS grind, like a singleplayer Borderlands, with glued on Facebook app-type features like base building, which has no actual effect on gameplay at all, and only serves as a timesink to hide the extremely shallow story and characters.
>>
File: one-for-the-angels2.jpg (115 KB, 765x599) Image search: [Google]
one-for-the-angels2.jpg
115 KB, 765x599
>Layered armor is announced
okay yeah sure, that's pretty neat-
>4 armor sets in vanilla
>grand total of 5 clothes that even allow layered armor
>>
>>340063681
So only abnormal people didn't like it?
Makes sense.
>>
>>340066648
No she got pregnant at the park.
>>
>>340060964

Settlement "system" and weapon / armor modding are a joke. I remember not giving a single flying shit when seeing the first reveals.

When a game advertises crafting as its most important features it's going to be an empty game.

I don't care about playing dress up or building trash wood campers for faceless drifters to inhabit. Build an interesting world full of stuff first, then tack on your extra bullshit.
>>
File: 1463084494136.gif (587 KB, 743x498) Image search: [Google]
1463084494136.gif
587 KB, 743x498
>Pros
+Graphics (don't know why everyone shits on the visuals, game looks and runs great on my machine, though textures are super low resolution)
+Combat, first time Fallout has felt like a satisfying shooter
+Character creation
+Power Armor (-except for the fusion cores, that part sucks and absolutely rapes the lore)
+Setting
+Crafting

>Cons
-Voiced protag
-Forced backstory for protag
-Forced personal story for protag
-No level cap
-Un-fun perks
-Shitty dialogue options (Yes, Yes, Sarcastic Yes, No *Yes*)
-It seems like every other character in the game is marked essential
-Almost no options when dealing with scenarios. Only time I can remember solving something peacefully is getting the BoS leader to spare Danse. But he still exiles Danse so it doesn't even make a difference.
-Completely illogical premise for the story. Not even going to get into it because this is already a wall of text.
-No freedom to interact with the factions in unique ways. Unlike in New Vegas, where you can use speech to get people to join you or just wipe them out, in Fallout 4 you have to do the quest the game forces you to do, with no way to do it differently
-Enemies are just faceless things to kill, none of the Raiders have any backstory or history and can't be talked to in any capacity
-Every side quest is just dungeon running through the same boring Raiders in the same boring broken down factory, getting the same boring randomly generated loot
-Radiant quests are a joke
-Barely any memorable characters
-Writing falls so flat in most of the meaningless dialogue that it's like words aren't even being spoken

I could go on. Fallout 4 is a roleplaying game that does not, in any capacity, allow the player to roleplay. Is it a fun shooter? Yes. Is it a fun exploration game? Yes. Is it a fun experience overall? For the first time playing through it, absolutely. The problem is that it's basically open world Call of Duty. Once you finish the game once, there's nothing more to do.
>>
File: 1408220960927.jpg (23 KB, 240x251) Image search: [Google]
1408220960927.jpg
23 KB, 240x251
>>340065797
>he didn't take power armour training in law school
>>
File: 1465052122459.jpg (84 KB, 608x378) Image search: [Google]
1465052122459.jpg
84 KB, 608x378
>>340060964
Bethpizda gave me power armour in the first 30 min of game. After that i literally vommited and deleted the game.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (147 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
147 KB, 1920x1080
What happened to this?

Female butts are as flat as pancakes in the final game, no matter what body you choose
>>
>>340067116
This was hugely disappointing as well.
>5 pieces work with layered armor instead of any generic cloth piece, like it would be logically
>4 layered armor sets and they're outright better by a fucking landslide to full armor sets
>And then you also get Power Armor
>You become a fighting, sneaking, etc. fucking GOD of the Boston Waste towards late-game
>>
Anyone kno if far harbor is gonna fuck up mod compatability?
>>
I liked fallout 4
>>
>>340067334
Hype, literally just there to get people to buy it.
>>
>>340064971

So far, Fallout 4 is almost a point-for-point remake of FO3 in a new city with some variations.

FO3
>start in vault
>dad runs off
>boohoo daddy issues must chase leem neeser
>brotherhood of steel get involved
>help them walk their big ass robot to some memorial
>win big time
>die
Point Lookout
>go to some foggy ass shoreside town
>helping find someone's missing kid
>get wrapped up in robot drama
>area is far better designed and more fun to explore than the main continent

FO4
>prewar
>uh oh nukes
>MUH BEBE
>vault time
>wife/husbando killed
>baby kidnapped
>MUH BEBE
>hunt down kidnapper
>brotherhood drops in
>join them or some ridiculously black&white underground liberal hipster squad of gear-humpers
>uh oh da institoots
>son is actually old enough to be your dad now (lol)
>shit goes boom
Automaton
>robots are killing people
>meet robot
>help robot track robots
>find robolord
>robolord is actually robolordess
>can kill her or spare her
>get a fuckheavy suit of bucket armor that makes you look like a windup robot toy
>can also make some ridiculously overpowered and genuinely cool looking robot companions
Far Harbor
>misty island
>finding someone's kidnapped kid
>robot drama
>radical radheads wanting to nuke everything because they're retards
>town of pissy ignoranuses who are ungrateful to even have safe ground to stand upon
>can choose to save no one or everyone or someone
>honestly better constructed and put together than the entire main game
>area far better and mroe interesting than main continent

And of course, as usual with in-house Bethesda games, the DLC for the game surpasses the main game in almost every way.

Really hope we get another outsourced subtitled FO game, like we did with NV, so someone else can show up Bethesda and prove to them, once again, they can't write or design proper games for shit.
>>
>>340061453
>they
i am sure its only todd howard that think its good and anyone disagree is getting booted out
>>
File: 1447219590050.png (1022 KB, 699x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447219590050.png
1022 KB, 699x1024
>>340060964
It was made by a manlet
>>
>>340060964
Consoles and Bethesda trying to appeal to an even wider audience than before.
>>
File: kill me.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
It's a shame because I loved the character creator in terms of face/body

First time you could make qt's in a vanilla bethseda game
>>
>>340067709

What's with devs and wearing retarded leather jackets? Can they not dress like normal adults?
>>
just feels lifeless desu
>>
>>340067873
autism
>>
File: tfwfallout2.png (20 KB, 626x262) Image search: [Google]
tfwfallout2.png
20 KB, 626x262
>>340060964
The wrong company bought it.
>>
>>340061142
Literally this and nothing else desu senpai
>>
>>340061142
>Runs like shit
opinion
>Looks like shit (which wouldn't be a problem if it ran with an appropriate framerate to it's look, but it doesn't)
opinion
>Removed fundamental RPG mechanics
aka removed useless fluff mechanics
>Removed the majority of choice from the game
blatantly false
>>340061330
>No choice
see above
>Voiced Protag
opinion
>>340061660
>Shitty 4 choice dialog wheel.
4 choices is more than most new vegas conversations
>Persuade/fail all lead to same shitty outcome.
why is this a bad thing?
>[HATE FUCKING NEWSPAPERS]
nice meme
>>340061692
>No Level Cap
how is this a bad thing?
>No builds as a result
opinion
>No Attribute points
removal of useless fluff mechanics
>Shit perks because No Attribute points
opinion
>No difficult choices to make during leveling
blatantly false
>No choice in dialogue
blatantly false
>Voiced Protag
opinion

not even going to bother with every single post here. you're a bunch of bitter cynical fucking virgins who will never be happy with wht you get. enjoy your circlejerk.
>>
>>340067873

Better than blazer + T-shirt + jeans + sneakers combo.
>>
>>340068136
Fuck off Todd nobody liked your shitty game
>>
>>340068136
How is running like shit an opinion

Why am I responding to obvious bait?
>>
File: Fallout4bad.png (92 KB, 1549x675) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4bad.png
92 KB, 1549x675
>>
Story and missions are overall forgettable. I had fun with the game, I still play occasionally but it's just missing that sense of excitement and wonder. Both 3 and NV felt like they had more of a SOLID direction and purpose with good atmosphere. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic but when I think back on 3 and NV I think of it much more fondly. 4 just doesn't have anything special on about it, it's just a whole bunch of "yeah I did that, okay" the factions were such dogshit. They were so bad I for once had absolutely 0 qualms about siding with the institute (who's supposed to be the wrong choice). I fucking massacred the railroad and took what I wanted and blew up the brotherhood with style. So shitty, at least 3 made me feel something at the end. I won't even compare it to NV which was on a whole different level.
>>
File: 1454220830555.png (494 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454220830555.png
494 KB, 557x605
>>340068136
Hey Todd, good to see you're doing well my friend.
>>
>>340068136

Please refute a single one of the points made in the following: >>340068319

You're actually an idiot if you think Fallout 4 is a good game.
>>
>>340060964
absolutely nothing. IT JUST WORKS
>>
>>340068353
>institute
>wrong choice
>>
>>340068319
>>340068454
>wall of autism
>>
>It's boring generic FPS schlock now, any elements that represented an RPG have been streamlined or completly removed
>Runs and looks like shit without mods
>Is nothing that we expected with all the hype placed around it before release

Basically every Bethesda release ever, so nothing new
>>
>>340068694
I knew shit was fishy when they announced it at E3 randomly with a release date of later that year. It just screamed rushed.
>>
Did Todd ever apologize? This sort of treatment of consumers is really shitty and greedy. It's really sad because I could enjoy morrowind and oblivion, but I never got into FO3 as imo that was beginning of "bad games", and that sort of pushed me away from Skyrim too.
>>
My main problem was that the game didn't allow me to do what I love to do the most in this sort of games: be a bad guy.
Like, yeah, I could be a dick to everyone, make sarcastic comments and occasionally decide to murder a bunch of people (who 9 times out of 10 were evil assholes who deserved to die anyway) but there are no truly evil shit to do, the game shitted on its potential to let you play as an asshole.
I even went through the whole story dealing with that "muh son" bullshit that ruins whatever dickish personality you wanted your character to have, thinking that once I got to join the Institute (the dudes who are like fucking nazi scientists and had been hyped as evil through the whole game) I'd finally get a chance to do evil shit, like kidnapping random people and having a synth take their place, but in the end the Institute was full of faggots and the only cool shit I got to do was unleash some gorillas on a bunch of scientists who didn't like me.
>>
>>340068136
I own Fallout 4 on PS4 and it LITERALLY runs like shit.
Far Harbor is near unplayable, and there's no excuse considering how fucking ugly the game is to begin with.

Bethesda are 100% incompetent.
>>
>>340068637

Observations made simply from playing the game and paying close attention to story does not equate to autism.
>>
>>340069106
I was gonna say he won't apologize over /v/ but when I think about it even my casual friends who love Bethesda and fallout didn't like 4 much. I think the novelty wore off, they had a great idea with 3 and for the time it was good and fresh but now it's lost all the magic of it being new for so many players.
>>
I spent three hours playing this piece of shit and I could probably write a script for a critique that would last over an hour. It was just that bad.

I managed to get a refund from Steam, I don't know if I caught some poor sod on a merciful day but it seems my heartfelt reason as to why I hated this game and wished for a refund was effective.
>>
What happens if you never open your spouses cryochamber, run out of the vault and kill Shaun, then come back to the vault, open the capsule, and activate the dead body?

Does your character still promise to find Shaun?
>>
>>340069369
>observations derp diddly dee herpa derp doo autism

fuck off
>>
>>340069218

>start game
>break off from Sanctuary and head to Concord
>dawn raider gear and go full raider
>can't do anything but kill other raiders with pipe guns and ignore everything tying my character to the vault and kidnapping as much as possible

Then I tried to go back to NV, but the clunky gameplay awful prehistoric engine scared me right off.
>>
>>340060964
Too much, I think a better question would be what didn't actually go wrong
>>
File: Screenshot-2016-03-27-17.17.jpg (151 KB, 1067x600) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2016-03-27-17.17.jpg
151 KB, 1067x600
Reminder.
>>
>>340069289

Why? Just why?

Didn't skyrim have some sort of ridiculous save breaking bug that fuck PS3 owners completely? Considering their track record you should know better
>>
everything got too simplified.
where are all the weapons? where are the super stimpaks? where are the electronic lockpicks? where is the ability to lock doors? where is the ability to breach doors? why is stealing useless? why can't i craft ammunition? can you shoot guns out of people's hands still? why is there no vehicle? why can't i control my companions disposition towards enemies? where are the binoculars? where's the night vision? where are the dermal implants or anything like that? where are the good and varied encounters?

i feel like i could go on and on and on and on. it's not a bad game, it's just so damn simplified. accessibility, making games easier to play for casuals, effectively removes "all the small things" from them, the little details that make them great in the first place.
>>
>>340060964
>Removing skills and not implementing something else in its place
>Not having Hardcore at launch
>still the same shitty animations

and the list goes on
>>
File: 1463258829992.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463258829992.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>340069502

someone please answer this
>>
File: 1460519427640.png (22 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1460519427640.png
22 KB, 625x626
>>340068136
>>
>>340069502
Of course. You didn't seriously think Bethesda would put any type of extra consistency in the game like that, did you? It gets better too.
>Meet the Railroad prior to getting the Courser chip but don't join them
>Once you take the Courser chip to them they all act like it's the first time they're meeting you
>Avoid the gas station in the beginning of the game and never interact with Dogmeat
>When it comes time to track down Kellogg, player still has option to say "Well what if we get Dogmeat to help us?"
>Finish the whole story before talking to Codsworth or the Minutemen
>All dialogue to Codsworth and Preston is still about finding your family, you can even still do the quest with Codsworth where he searches Sanctuary looking for Shaun
>>
>>340069678
>never played FO3 before and start with NV
>see these raiders shooting at me
>OH FUCK OH FUCK
>get shot
>gun shots from them do fuck all damage
>take a melee weapon and proceed to fuck them up

People can praise WRPGs all they want on the quests branching and whatever but if the combat suck ass it takes the fun out of the entire game.
>>
>>340070169
fucking hell that last one is disgusting
>>
>>340060964
Some nukes got dropped and America got all fucked up.
>>
its just bad
>>
File: 1464138936964.jpg (27 KB, 480x259) Image search: [Google]
1464138936964.jpg
27 KB, 480x259
>>340061562
>consoles
>>
>>340069801

PS3 version had an issue where after playing a single save long enough, the amount of data saved from every single thing from every single area in the game that was altered by your character would jog up the save file to the point where it would literally become a disfunctional save from being overburdened with more data than the system could parse through and load up.

Bethesda is indeed a shit developer.
>>
>>340069795

Filthy Frank?
>>
>>340069678
The only quest I truly enjoyed was Diamond City Blues.
>dude from Diamond City is getting cucked by bartender
>agree to take care of it
>talk with bartender
>convince him to fuck off from town in exchange from information about an illegal chem exchange
>go there with him, murder a bunch of gangster and some rich faggot from Diamond City and take all the chems
>one of the gangsters tells me about the location of a chem lab
>kill said gangster
>bartender says we are done and that he won't return to Diamond City ever again
>shoot him too because fuck you
>attack the chem lab, loot the whole place
>back in Diamond City, cuck thanks me for dealing with the guy
>later, the father of the rich faggot I killed shows up and says the owner of the chem lab I attacked told him I killed his son
>convince him than the cuck did it, he pays me for killing the fucker
>kill the cuck, then go to where the chem lab's owner is and kill him too (this wasn't part of the quest, but I did it anyway)
>tfw I got a bunch of caps, chems and other shit and everyone who knows what I did is dead
Why couldn't they let me do more cool shit like this?
>>
>>340070945

In all honesty, despite Bthesda's continuous stream of shortcomings, they are very good at shorter stories, and Far Harbor proved this.

If Bethesda made an open world RPG (with actual proper RPG systems in place), and didn't bother shoving in an over-arching main plot, but instead tons and tons of smaller plots, the game could potentially be amazing.

They fumble SO FUCKING HARD with main plots it's unreal. No consistency. No coherence. Constant contradictions. Shits always all fucked up.
>>
>>340070548
Happened to me for Fallout 3 and that was a huge lesson learned to never play on a console when it comes to Bethesda games.

I'm a huge trophy hunter and was going for the fallout 3 platinum and pretty much had to have 2 separate playthrough going on at once, one for the DLC and one for just main story stuff because once the save file hit 10mb, it had the chance to crash at every door you try to go through and would bring the framerate down to 15 fps or less.

I still remember trying to get the last trophy which was killing 5 of the huge behemoth mutants, I had 4 killed and my game was chugging the entire time, sub 20fps on an 11mb save file, I managed to get it on those conditions and once that last trophy was done the game hit single digit frame rate.

Supposedly also there's a code you can use when you start the game to clear the game cache that makes things better but it was to late by the time I learned about it so I don't know if it really works.
>>
>>340069762
It is a best selling game.
Since its most profitable one it will pave the road for all new fallout games.
In essence its really good.

Only ones that are complaining are those who grew up with fallout3/NV; and the reason they are complaining is that majority of them became too old for games. 13-17 yo then are 18-22 now and all their expectations from game are based on nostalgia. We are way easier to impress as kids.

Only way for fallout 4 to fulfill grownup expectations is either to have real life Piper come to your house to suck your cock (if you are normal individual) or have real nuclear war that only you survive (if you became 100% edgy neet)
>>
>>340071339

Happened in Oblivion as well, but differently.

It would just take longer to load your saves steadily over time the longer you played. Never had it become broken though.
>>
>>340063620
AROUND AROUND AROUND AROUND AROUND AROUND AROUND AROUND
>>
>>340071478
Don't remind me about Oblivion man, I picked it up about the same time I picked up F03 on the PS3 and was so pissed when I couldn't complete the shivering Isles DLC all because of the felldew bug in pic related.

I dumped 40 hours in shivering Isles alone and when that happened to, I was pure salt. Started a new save file to, went straight to shivering Isles rushed through the main quest and it happened again. I had more fun in that DLC than I have an almost any Bethesda game ever.
>>
File: 1400481907291.gif (1 MB, 316x195) Image search: [Google]
1400481907291.gif
1 MB, 316x195
>>340060964

The world is completely lifeless.

>hear about this robot racetrack
>go there to bet on the races and make money, maybe even hack the robots to rig the races
>it's just filled with raiders and all you can do is shoot everyone

>hear about the cage fighting arena
>go their to kick ass and win glory, get money and maybe loot
>it's just filled with raiders and all you can do is shoot everyone

This last one is especially heinous. If you make a game, add some sort of death match/arena thing in the world, and you don't let the players participate, you are guilty of a fucking war crime. You need to be tried in the fucking Hague.
>>
>>340071475
Stopped playing fallout 4 after 20 hours to replay NV. I dont expect it to suck my cock, i expected a rpg
>>
>>340072002
Shivering Isles was the last good thing Bethesda developed
>>
SKYRIM WITH GUNS
>>
>>340060964
Made a huge profit.
Won the most prestigious GOTY awards.
/v/ hates it with an impotent rage.

Not a damn thing.
>>
File: 1445943684538.png (1 MB, 1000x990) Image search: [Google]
1445943684538.png
1 MB, 1000x990
>>340068136
This gentleman is absolutely right. You guys just don't know a good game if it hit you, right, my friend? ;)
>>
File: Untitled.png (513 KB, 1023x521) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
513 KB, 1023x521
>No level cap
>Random loot drops instead of actual loot
>voiced protag
>lazy writing
>uninteresting quests
It goes on
>>
>>340072958

Why didnt you play fallout1 or fallout2 ?
>>
>>340063286

>Still release mod development kit when fallout 4 is not in the mainstream news anymore
>Make it so console preteens can get mods on their xbox, giving pressure on modders with twenty kids asking "WHY IS THIS NOT ON XBOX"
>Releasing only one true story DLC that actually adds non-decoration
>People still defend the game
>>
>>340060964
Setting it in Boston
>>
>>340063620
>>340071663
Well at least they made the radio realistic. It's just the same six songs over and over
>>
Gave up after a couple hours famalam
>>
>>340072930

>Could've gambled caps to earn mroe caps betting on the race
>Could've worked for the race track owners collecting debts and being a bounty hunter for them
>Could've rigged the race the earn caps, but also lose favor of the racetrack and participants
>Could've captured the track, restarted your own races, and built a settlement upon the track, using the races to creating a steady income of caps
>Nope
>You go in, wipe everyone out, collect a teeny magazine, and walk the fucka way
>>
File: 1320093342445.jpg (24 KB, 278x263) Image search: [Google]
1320093342445.jpg
24 KB, 278x263
>>340066928
>no planned voice packs
Have any modders tried to tackle this?
>>
>>340073439
not as enjoyable
>>
>>340060964
Do I really need to explain this yet again? I feel like I'm wasting my breath since you cretins never seem to take any efforts to absorb this.
Oh well, here goes. Fallout 4 brought back the original post-apoc RPG SHOOTER (notice the emphasis) that made the series famous from since Fallout 3, the original.
New Vegas had multiple aspects I just felt weren't really "in line" with the fallout lore in general.
Alot of what made Fallout 4 such a relief was it's return to what Fallout was meant to be, like the setting (east coast) and the character building and whatnot.
New Vegas gave me more of a barren desert vibe, along with its overly complicated skill systems and dialogue, it made me feel it was more intended for adults rather than the game's target audience.
Overall, I think we're all grateful that Bethesda stuck with the lore rather than making a game with blatant ignorance of the prior ones (cough, cough, obsidian) and that Fallout 4 will go down as the greatest Fallout game (next to 3, of course
>>
How did they fuck up optimization this badly?

I could run Skyrim at ultra at about 60 fps but I barely get 20 on very low for Fallout 4.

Bethseda is usually DECENT with optimizing their games
>>
>>340063620
kek
>>
File: 1459353809079.png (254 KB, 1038x1325) Image search: [Google]
1459353809079.png
254 KB, 1038x1325
>Fallout 4
>What went wrong?

* The person in charge has little knowledge of the setting, and no love for it.

* The person in charge hates RPG's.

* The person in charge is literally stupid and hates depth.

* Arrogance. Instead of continuing to use the improvements from New Vegas, they scrapped them and went back to the inferior ways of Fallout 3, simply because they were not the ones who made the changes.

* Atrocious writing. Trying too hard to be "deep" and "what a twist!" and it just comes off as absolutely retarded.

Bethesda has absolutely no idea what it is doing. They know NOTHING about Fallout.
>>
pales in comparison to new vegas
>>
>Getting out of Cryostasis
>"Oh god, my wife is dead, they took my son, and everyone I've ever known and loved died in the explosion."
>Finding the Cryolator
>"Nice."
>>
>>340072930

I think both of us know that they just turned them into raiders because despite having 6 fucking years to work on the game they still had to cut content to make the minecraft settlements.
>>
But is the new Survival any good?
>>
>>340073280

What GOTY award did it win? I'm seriously asking, because what I remember is Witcher 3 winning by a landslide and fallout 4 getting GOTY only from a tiny generic name contest.
>>
>>340060964

>it's a why fallout 4 is shit thread

Oh boy, I'm getting my popcorn
>>
>>340074645
No, the concept is good but chugging 3 purified waters and eating 20 pounds of food every in game hour gets fucking annoying. They fucked up with how often you need to eat and drink by a longshot. NV had it perfect.

Also not being able to save in a Bethseda game is a bad idea.
>>
>>340060964
Frankly nothing in particular. People like to point out specifics like voiced protag and such but on general level since Oblivion their games have been similar uninspired garbage full of unmet promises. Fallout 4 isn't dramatically worse game than Fallout 3. They're both garbage. What did change is public perception. Games like GTA V, MSG V, Twitcher 3 came out and showed that open world games don't have to be bland, buggy crap using horribly outdated engine. "Because Bethesda makes such huge open worlds it's not possible to have quality writing, good graphics etc". is simply no longer "valid" excuse.
>>
File: 4324234234234.gif (4 MB, 352x288) Image search: [Google]
4324234234234.gif
4 MB, 352x288
how is the SURVIVAL mode now after the overhaul?

worth torrenting dat shit?
>>
>>340074443
That just makes him a canon gun-nut.
>>
>>340061142
spbp.
>>
>>340074265
Its just disgusting that these self entitled niggers enjoyed the rpg elements more than the well crafted shooting systems available in 3 and NV, as we all know the primary focus of those games is too be open world FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS with rpg elements added to make the stupid cucks who liked anything at all about fallout 1 and 2 buy the game. In fallout 4 we have been given an incredibly well refined and beautiful FIRST PERSON SHOOTER experience and finally left all those needlessly complex rpg elements behind. PRAISE BE TO TODD HOWARD
>>
Wtf were they thinking with this game
>>
>>340074097
Now tell me what chronological order did you play these games.

If it is: Fallout3/NV-->Fallout1/2 then you probably grew up on those games and you have nostalgia trip every time you return to them.
If it is: Fallout1/2-->Fallout3/NV then you probably like FPS and atmosphere in which case fallout4 is objectively the best
>>
File: 236423663264 - Copy.jpg (17 KB, 328x244) Image search: [Google]
236423663264 - Copy.jpg
17 KB, 328x244
>>340074645
>Played Beta survival where Stimpacks and food took a while to activate, but not much else
>Update rolls around
>Adds carry weight modifcations and food requirements
>I'm deep inside a vault full of Gunners and I suddenly weigh over 2000 pounds and suffering from major dehydration, starvation, and lack of sleep all at once, on top of taking damage for being over-encumbered
>Take it off survival to get back to the surface and do this shit properly
>Am told that I can never put it back on survival if I do this
>>
>>340060964
>Bad writing
>Ending is almost the same no matter what faction you choose
>Incoherent protagonist that says they cant love somebody because his wife/husband but still can love his companions turning basically his dead w/h a shitty excuse so the writers don't create romances outside from the companion list
>Weapons are so few and people hide that under the fact you can mod them, truth is there are just a few weapons and most of them are boring
>Pipe weapons are shit and useless at all levels, given that the game gifts you a 10MM during the beggining and thats the only thing you need until later levels
>Companions are retarded and don't help shit compared to New Vegas companions
>No companion wheel that made everything more easy in NV
>Power armor and Deathclaw in the beggining showing you shit that should be late game or at least things that required exploring the enviroment
>JET IS PRE WAR GUISE HAHA GET IT
>The only thing you get most of the times for passing a speech check is extra XP nothing more
>There are places that don't load their textures properly unless you have a mod or restart the game, example the quarry
>After the robot DLC there is a place that will CTD you unless you have a mod to fix it
>Only one fun quest and that was Silver Shroud quest line
>Some buildings that are outside have rain inside even if there is a roof over them, you can't see it but your character get's wet even if you are supossed to be in a place that isn't
>Creating settlements gets boring after 5 minutes because theres almost nothing to put into them unless mods
>>
>>340075187
I still feel guilt I could never get into Fallout 1/2

I can respect them as games, but fuck they are so clunky
>>
File: 1457075225563.png (91 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1457075225563.png
91 KB, 800x600
>>340068136
>>
File: 3jqq4dO.png (98 KB, 1833x1938) Image search: [Google]
3jqq4dO.png
98 KB, 1833x1938
Why is no one addressing one of the biggest things they ruined in fallout 4?

The Vaults. They fucking ruined the most iconic fucking locations of the vaults. Even fallout 3 had interesting vaults with hallucinations and simulations.

Instead, what we got in fallout 4 was 1 preserved vault city and raiders in all the other ones. The lore on them was fucking boring too, I just remember a disease vault and a eugenics one.

Also pic related, just about all factions except BoS went wrong. In their attempt to make shades of grey they made them all retarded assholes.

Are you telling me you guys are fucking scientists but can't recognize robots can be sentient, and your brand new blue lasers do less damage than 200 year old pistols?
>>
>>340075124
hey people liked skyrim, why not make people who like skyrim and silly cucks who like fallout buy SKYRIM WITH GUNS
IT JUST WORKS
>>
>>340075302
>>After the robot DLC there is a place that will CTD you unless you have a mod to fix its
Wait what. Where?
>>
>>340075261
>pirate new patch and everything
>i was playing on survival because it was more of a thing with difficulty instead of actual survival
>Need to turn it down to Hardcore because Survival has everything obligatory
Why they didn't do it as a separate option like in NV?
>>
We have mods & far harbor on console now. That makes everything ok.
>>
>>340060964
Well, I like it.
>>
>>340075436
At least Skyrim still had some semblance of an rpg by leveling up skills by actually using them.

In fallout 4 I can apparently become an expert at using automatic rifles without ever having to fire one.
>>
>>340074657
DICE and BAFTA.

I know Witcher won the Dorito Popes GOTY but I don't know if any of the others are more noteworthy.
>>
>>340075479
Outside the Mechanomancer lair a few metters outside that place stops loading completely and if you get close enough it crashes.
Ruined my playthrough
>>
Bethesda
-Can't write for shit
-Continues to be incompetent on the technical side
-Waters down all the game mechanics by trying to simultaneously please everyone.
>>
>>340075375

And two of your scientists are so retarded they provoke the new Director - an unstoppable psychopath who destroys BoS and Railroad singlehandedly- by taking over the food supply not minutes after his son died.
>>
>>340060964
Hey I just started this. Besides wonky dialogue animations it seems pretty samey compared to fo3 and nv so far in terms of general gameplay.

My opinion is it's just ok. Not bad but not terribly great. I'm only 6 hours or so in. Trying out a sort of "operator" build, focusing on pistols, sniper type rifiles, stealth, and lock picking.
>>
>>340075479
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11218/?
Here is the mod to fix it, also a few other mods that show how shit Bethesda is with their game.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11090/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2707/?
>>
>>340069795
To me he seems like an insecure sperg, is that kinda true?
>>
fuck bethesda
>>
It's fucking boring. The writing is cliche and shallow. I didn't find a single interesting character or quest. A fucking RPG should be FILLED with all sorts of interesting characters, places, and stories. Fallout 4 is just an empty fucking nothing with some super mutants and a lot of 'go here and shoot these bandits'.
>>
>>340075375
There's a vault that operates outside of the rules and welcomes traders. There's a vault in far harbor where you have to solve a murder mystery for robobrains. There's a vault filled with drug addicted gunners. There's the one with the combat simulator. You're just waiting for the vault to spoon feed you it's contents instead of looking around.
>>
>>340075187
I played NV first then 3 then 2, and enjoyed 3 less than the others. Don't understand why not liking a sequel to my favourite rpg franchise for stripping all the rpg elements away makes me nostalgia tripping
>>
>>340076058
Combat simulator? Is it like Anchorage?
>>
>>340075342
You have nothing to feel guilty about.
I grew up with Fallout1/2 and could never really get into Fallout3/NV. I saw both as great games with a lot of effort put into them but my main feuds were: a) they are FPS es leaving little to imagination and b) shit tier story (which is ongoing theme for bethesda since day 1). Fallout 4 has the same problems but graphics, gameplay and design are way better then two games that preceded it.
>>
Why is multiplying enemy health the only way Bethesda know to increase "difficulty"
>>
>>340076357

Because there's nothing else to change, the mechanics are too shallow.
>>
>>340076357
Because they fucking suck and force me to download a mod to increase my damage output to the same as the enemies to make things interesting
>>
>>340076225
No. Just like a shooting range. Cardboard things pop up and you shoot them. It's the one under the school.
>>
File: 1272299123183.jpg (45 KB, 378x264) Image search: [Google]
1272299123183.jpg
45 KB, 378x264
>>340076273
>gameplay and design are way better then two games that preceded it
>>
Everyone focuses on the little things but here's the one thing that separates the good Fallout games from the bad: the latter is too video gamey. The worlds of 1, 2 and NV feel like real places that have internal consistency. There are backstories to everything, there is trade, there is a government, there is some semblance of civilization. The worlds of 3 and 4 are nothing but a hub for dungeons to massacre the inhabitants of and a few quest dispensers who immediately suck your dick for killing some raiders. Everything revolves around the player in those games and nothing makes sense from an objective point of view.
>>
File: 1308010397742.jpg (6 KB, 210x173) Image search: [Google]
1308010397742.jpg
6 KB, 210x173
>>340060964
>textures look like shit
>entire game looks like half-melted plastic
>weapons all looked like shit (LITERALLY boards and pipes screwed together)
>story premise was illogical, had no qualms with killing my 'son' that I had no contact with for 50 years

story was a 5/10 and visuals were a 4/10

seriously the faces on some of the characters look like some shit from the PS2 era
>>
>>340076439
Damage, they can change enemy damage
Probably accuracy too
>>340076492
it's so fucking annoying
I wanna die in a few shots and kill humans in a few shots
super mutants in a few more
deathclaws a little more

it's not fucking hard for a dev to do, but i guess slapping a 2/5/10x health multiplier is easier
>>
>>340076724
I usually mod it to be the one who shoots first is the one who wins kinda things, multiply output damage have equal health maybe a bit more for enemies but aside from that is the one with better aim who is going to win.
>>
>>340076847
Sounds like a solid plan
I guess I just want fo4 to be more stalker-esque in the combat
>>
>>340075602
I'm fine with the skyrim and oblivions systems in their games just dont sell me fallout when it doesnt feel anything like fallout
>>
>>340076091
There are less RPG elements in Fallout3/NV then in Fallout1/2... same pattern repeat itself for fallout4 and is gonna repeat itself again with next installments of the game so it could attract wider audience and earn more money.
>>
>>340060964
That it should have been named something else and it would have been a descent game but it was called fallout and it is nothing like a fallout game so it left people disappointed, not to mention the fact that a lot of things were left incomplete and that there's a lack of weapon variety and modding them in the work bench is not enough.
>>
>>340075375
They actually ruined the BoS, too. Maxson at one point basically says "Synths pose as big a risk to us as nukes did to the prewar world" while he orders you to acquire a bunker full of nukes for his nuclear death robot. Then, this man who fears nukes and wants to control technology, sets of a nuclear reaction in the most technologically advanced facility in the wasteland.
>>
>got rid of NV's superior DT/DR hybrid system
>got rid of NV's superior ammo crafting system
>got rid of NV's superior weapon variety and balance
>got rid of NV's superior unique weapon design
>got rid of NV's superior companion interface
>got rid of NV's superior faction system
>got rid of NV's superior quest design
>got rid of NV's superior writing
>only designed three and a half actual settlements
>filled the rest of the world with meaningless minecraft settlement bullshit
>>
>>340076972
still doesn't fix the other problems the game has sadly.
>>
File: 1462999593619.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1462999593619.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>tfw you realize half the game is just recycling a bunch of shit you picked up off the floor and you've just spent 30 hours picking up pixelated post-apocalypse junk for a bunch of people who are dead
>>
File: weakbait.jpg (14 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
weakbait.jpg
14 KB, 224x225
>>340068136
>>
Fallout 4 is not internally consistent and that shit is insane. You shouldn't find pipe weapons in safes or chests in 210 year old locations. It's ridiculous.

If you're going to make an RPG at least make it make sense within its own world.
>>
>>340060964

Open world games with no quests that actually feel like they're of value are going the way of the dinosaur.
>>
>>340077943
What the fuck kind of file naming system are you using?
>>
>>340077943
I don't get it
>>
Somebody post the
>There's no why
image because I don't have it saved.
>>
>>340077715

almost every playthrough I have of NV is different and that isn't even intentional.

In my newest one I skipped all the King's quests by simply having enough money for the credit check.

Pretty neat.
>>
lack of weapons
>>
>>340077715
You just know we live in an unjust world when normies can believe NV was a failure and actually prefer the shallow shoot 'em up of Fallout 3/4
>>
>>340060964
doesn't matter falmalan, Bethesda already took the money.
>>
>>340079039
Wait even F3 was better overall than F4, even after the hype for F3 died on me a few days after playing it i consider being a superior game than 4 in many aspects except gunplay, and i didn't played fallout specifically for the gunplay just as i didn't played VtMB for the gunplay nor i played Alpha Protocol for the Gunplay.
>>
>>340079254
Fucking F3 was a better RPG than F4
>>
>>340079374
Maybe but definitely not a better game.
>>
>>340077987
I mean it's a world where raiders outnumber the people living in settlements. It's a world where the largest settlement is right next door to a super mutant camp that doesn't get cleared until you happen to wander in the area. It's a world where some people expect you to give a shit about synth rights when you're in the middle of an irradiated super mutant infested wasteland riddled with corpses.
>>
>>340079471
It was a better game, the only bad thing about F3 was, the subterrain part of DC, Mothership Z, and some huge retarded plotholes, compared to F4 problems it's actually better, but it's just the same story as Skyrim/Oblivion, one looks better but it's a piece of casualized garbage without depth nor content, the other looks like a turd but has a charm and a lot of effort in it.
>>
>>340079762
FO3 has no fucking charm to it and the writing is awful. FO4 at least has both of those things to some degree.
>>
>>340079762
>>340079960
You're arguing over which pile of shit smells worse
>>
File: 040.png (131 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
040.png
131 KB, 270x270
>>340061142
that guy
>>
>>340061519
To be fair that opening with the whole on the vault list and bs about your son getting kidnapped and wife dying.

Im like 99% sure you are infact a synth. rigged up by "father" to kill kellog and you were the first synth to almost human so they made you the leader but father installed like a chip in you that makes it so even when hes dead, the order he wanted are still going through you.
>>
>>340079960
Yeah F4 has the charm of not knowing your parents because they left you when you were a baby, you barely know your family in F4 you don't get a special connection, at least they tried on F3, you say that Fallout 4 has better writing than 3 and that says a lot about of you, even F3 on it's worst had better writing than 4, Fallout 4 doesn't even look that good like the jump between oblivion and skyrim because everything in Fallout 4 looks like made of wet clay or mud.
>>
>>340079703
It's a world where people decide to settle in half ruined shackes instead of concrete factories half a mile down the road
>>
>>340080382
It's actually impossible for you to be a synth. Synths have a small degree of Energy resistance, which you do not
>>
File: 1430767511032.jpg (41 KB, 411x390) Image search: [Google]
1430767511032.jpg
41 KB, 411x390
>>340080382
Why would Father want his best hitman dead
Why would he go through such a stupid scheme involving resurrecting his dad from the dead via synth cloning to kill him instead of EMPing the implants in his brain
Why would he want to kill him after shoving all the life extending stuff into him
Why would he want a Synth to lead the institute when everyone that matters in there, INCLUDING FATHER, thinks of Synths as subhuman tools?
>>
At least Elder Scrolls VI is going to be awesome after this pile of shit. Creates hype, is forgotten in less than a half a year. We can only hope they learn from their mistakes from this waste of money and time and ensure the next Elder Scrolls game is as successful as Skyrim was.
>inb4 someone says Skyrim wasn't successful
>Currently 37K players playing Skyrim on Steam five years later
>>
File: Shitty dialogue.jpg (364 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Shitty dialogue.jpg
364 KB, 1920x1080
>>340060964
No choices in this game.
It's their way or the highway
>>
File: Caesar2.png (526 KB, 619x568) Image search: [Google]
Caesar2.png
526 KB, 619x568
New Vegas:
>It's Hegelian Dialectics, not personal animosity. How do I put this basically enough? It's a philosophical theory, the kind you might encounter if you took time to read some books. The fundamental premise is to envision history as a sequence of "dialectical" conflicts. Each dialectic begins with a proposition, a thesis which inherently contains, or creates, its opposite - an antithesis. Thesis and antithesis. The conflict is inevitable. But the resolution of the conflict yields something new - a synthesis - eliminating the flaws in each, leaving behind common elements and ideas. The bombs wiped the slate clean. Human civilization descended to a level of ignorance that effectively set our cultural progress back to zero. The NCR has all of the problems of the ancient Roman Republic - extreme bureaucracy, corruption, extensive senatorial infighting. Just as with the ancient Republic, it is natural that a military force should conquer and transform the NCR into a military dictatorship. Thesis and antithesis. The Colorado River is my Rubicon.

Fallout 4:
>where's my son?
>>
>>340081146
>trusting the man with 4 INT
>>
>>340081146
>thinking it matters when none of that is actually shown in game
>>
Error: comment too long
>>
>>340081679
What do you mean? It does show all that in the game. The NCR is shown throughout the game to be corrupt and fractured, while the Legion are shown to be a totalitarian force with an absolute set of morals. There are plenty of examples spread throughout the world. The point is they actually put thought into their game instead of it just being a loot collecting simulator.
>>
>>340060964
>So what went wrong?
Considering I can't remember a single interesting conversation I had with any character in the game means that somethings fucky.

Also what was the point of CHR and speech?
>>
>>340082284
How much chances you have to complete a speech check, so you actually don't need chr at all because you can pass any speech check by saving and loading during the check
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.