[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys were right, Steamboxes really rendered consoles obsolete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Valve-SteamBox.jpg (16 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
Valve-SteamBox.jpg
16 KB, 660x350
You guys were right, Steamboxes really rendered consoles obsolete and completely changed the market. I mean, literally everybody has a Steambox now. What an overwhelming success.
>>
Except literally no one said that
console players don't want a PC and PC players who aren't retards know that prebuilts are shit
>>
>>340059718
DELETE THIS
>>
>>340060047
/thread
>>
>>340060047
As an Xbox One/Wii U owner who also has a PC I say your wrong
>>
>>340060227
Hey you loser I told you to get your own fucking username yesterday fuck off already
>>
>>340060798

Disregard that, I suck cock.
>>
Even the hardcore valve fanboys didnt say that

it runs linux and had bad hardware. Nice one, but try again sony pony
>>
File: 1465119970759.png (132 KB, 948x818) Image search: [Google]
1465119970759.png
132 KB, 948x818
So this is the power of Linux gaming....
>>
>>340059718
Do you remember when there were 11 announced models of Steam Machines? Do you remember how many actually released? 3, maybe 4

I wanted to see Steam Machines succeed from the start, and I always pointed out how Valve's business model with Steam Machines was very similar to Google's business model with Android?
Do you know why Android is most successful mobile OS?
Because hardware selection, that's why. Well not *just* because of that, but it played fuckhuge role in it's adoption
>>
>>340059718
I don't think these things are dead. The original launch boxes both steam os and Windows versions are dead but doesn't mean the Living room PC/console pc are dead. I can see the new Xbox allowing players to use steam since it's getting kb&m support. Seeing the 480x looks good you'll see some machines ship with this. PC gaming will slowly merge into the living room since there is a demand for it. These early models are basically the dreamcast version of the original Xbox.
>>
>>340060576
Then you're not a console player, you're an idort you moron
>>
>>340061426
>Because hardware selection, that's why. Well not *just* because of that, but it played fuckhuge role in it's adoption

Actually it's because google offered a hilariously small OEM cost over Symbian and Windows Mobile that was attractive as fuck along with an API that quickly cloned what Apple were able to do across a wide spectrum of devices. Every koreashit device used it because it was the cheapest and easily deploy-able option.

And now you see that Google's market is falling away because their momentum on Droid outside of phones is fucking hilariously dead. M$ didn't even have to pay Samsung to drop Android on tablets. Android tablet is fucking atrocious and everyone is switching out to Wangblows 10.

>>340061887

M$ is about to announce you can turn any PC into an Xbox with full 100% software compatibility between PC and xbox. Valve shipped too early and with no upside since there were no games and they released the same day as Fallout 4 with Fallout 4 having no loonix port. M$ sells OEM copies of Win 10 Xbox bundled with Ayylmao ware to wanna be mustard kids and prints money.

Valve shot it's load with its ideas into a product no one wanted and now the market will refine it with Microshaft taking that share instead.
>>
X_X
>>
>>340062283
>M$ is about to announce you can turn any PC into an Xbox
From where did you pull that one?
>>
>>340062283
And vice versa. Seeing the power of the new Xbox I can see them adding steam. Valve and MS could workout out a deal that could benefit them both. Valve has nothing to lose and MS could sell more hardware that way.
>>
test
>>
>>340062848

Nigger google "project helix". One of the major M$ news sites dropped that info last week along with the news on Scorpio. PC and Xbox are unifying. Games will be available on both. One nigger on gaf even dropped that Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC will be releasing on PC next week as well.

>>340062985

With the state Valve is in, I can see Gaben just spinning steam off into its own concern then selling it to M$ if he wants to keep Valve or just selling the entire thing. Even their VR headset doesn't support Linux and it's getting Windows 10 Holographic before it gets Linux support.
>>
>>340062985
You do know that Xbones are sold at a loss but then subscription and overpriced games make up for that
>>
>>340063310
I didn't say ms would buy valve. More of a partnership.
>>
>Steambox

You mean a fucking computer?
>>
>>340063310
Isn't it rumored that Valve is working on a way to stream steam games like PS Now?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.