[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game finally starting to die? I feel like I'm hearing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 40
File: lol.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1200) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1200
Is this game finally starting to die? I feel like I'm hearing about it less and less and also starting to see more LoL players shit on it on top of DotA players.
>>
maybe 'dead' in the sense it's not the hot topic among the video game internet community but it's still the most played game in the world and probably will be for a while
>>
The new skins are literally bara. Riot is really trying to keep that money.

I play League and they just keep making the game less fun with their changes. They broke the game so much that its just not topical anymore. "I don't know what to play" "You should play League of Legends" is now a joke I throw around at friends who aren't into it and they know I really mean that they should not.

My problem is League and Dota are really the only competitive games I can run on this piece of shit that aren't valve shooters or DASII. So I don't really have a choice in the matter and I'm in too deep. But no matter how much I'm into assfaggots I can never bring myself to unironically suggest them to people.
>>
Maybe. Riot have majorly fucked up the queue system which affects everyone and are refusing to admit they made a mistake. The community are turning against them and a few high profile players have even boycotted the game.
>>
>>340053460
yes
sadly, players are probably going to move to overwatch
"sadly"
>>
It's probably stagnating. I always wondered why they never showed statistics on concurrent players especially since they always claim to be like 10 times bigger than dota. Wouldn't showing that be great for advertising ?
>>
>>340053557
I said "starting to die," not "dead."

>>340053760
>The new skins are literally bara. Riot is really trying to keep that money.
Gotta make skins for gays and women for those sweet equality pandering bux!
>>
File: Cj7WxjGVEAAI6Yp.jpg (79 KB, 600x532) Image search: [Google]
Cj7WxjGVEAAI6Yp.jpg
79 KB, 600x532
lol
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 476x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 476x476
>mfw Nidalee spear nerf
>Literally nerfing a high risk, high reward SKILLshot

Riot lost me.
>>
>>340054303
>nidalee spear
>high risk

lmbo
>>
I prefer HOTS because it's less rigid. LoL has unwritten laws and so old feeling gameplay.

HOTS is just fun for 20 minutes where you actually can play with other players.
You dont have a Top, Mid, 2 Bot, Jungle every single game.
>>
People are too busy with Overwatch now.Hearthstone seems to be still up there though.
>>
>>340054540
I prefer dota so I can break away from that rigid formula but also not have to play a boring tickle snoozefest
>>
>>340054709
HOTs has the objectives. DOTA is just DOTA. All the time.
>>
>>340053460
It is beginning to die, /r/leagueoflegends is losing its community base fast - there are less upvotes being distributed by a great margin if you compare it to 2-3 monta ago (fuck reddit btw). Also, Riot havent shown player statistics in a long time so its quite obvious that the game peaked. To be completely honest, the game began dying eversince dunkey quit the shitstain that is league. Dunk killed league thats all there is to it folks.
>>
>>340054796
Dota has objectives, the game just doesn't force you exactly when and where to converge on them.
I prefer that, it allows more player control over the match and flows more naturally.
>>
>>340054891
Meh, You really only have two objectives in DOTA. And they are always the same. Forcing coop makes the games go way faster and force synergies. And it create more interesting scenario where you have to decide between objectives or a greedy punch through the base.
>>
They not going to die anytime soon. New blood who like their change will replace old blood. They doing all those thing because numbers speak not from some old veterans speak.
>>
>>340055167
Towers, roshan, each rune spot, ancients.
Beats "go to this one point when the game tells you to or you lose!"
>>
>>340055289
It beats "I'm Mid or I feed!" from Dota. HOTS objectives are optional, just like runes.
>>
>>340055428
>It beats "I'm Mid or I feed!" from Dota.
What, you mean that thing that literally never happens?

>HOTS objectives are optional, just like runes.
You and I both know that's bullshit. Unless you're already way ahead (from doing the fucking objectives) and can zone the other guys out of the objective by pushing into their base, you HAVE to do the objectives or you're completely throwing the game.
>>
>>340055563
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=I'm+mid+or+I+feed+dota+2
>>
>>340053460
Anon who has played the game for 5 years and quit 2 months ago here:
The game started to die at the end of season 3, when the game became a eSport and everything they did revolved around it.
>>
>>340055759
Your point?
>>
It was the most popular game in the world, by far, for about half a decade. I'd be surprised if it wasn't dying.
>>
>>340054225
What is this image supposed to show?
>>
>>340055950
>"literally never happens"

And yes, Objectives are really necessary to win, but you dont HAVE to do them. Just like runes. If you see the opponent team going for the runes, you want to stop them, otherwise you will throw the game. Same with the bosses.
>>
Overwatch ate the casual numbers up leaving league to hang out to dry
>>
>>340053460
yes
all the shitters are moving to overshit
not that it matters since overshit is garbage like ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>340053460
dotoddler false flagging
>>
>>340056358
Overwatch is not a moba. Stop spewing memes.
>>
>>340056454
>multiplayer online battle arena
yep its a shitty moba
now fuck off
>>
>>340056236
>"literally never happens"
Yeah? Your fucking point? Do you think a google search of a meme phrase is proof of anything? People don't actually say it outside of dumper garbage new player MMR, and if people actually do it they'll be in low prio before they know what happened.

It's a problem that doesn't actually exist.
>>
>>340056454
If you really think that Blizzard didn't want to cater to the MOBA audience you are either new, retarded, underage or a combination of those 3.
Educate yourself you nigger.
>>
Playing Yorick reminds me that there was a time when this game was just dumb fun and not trying to be some ridiculously over-complicated game and only appeal to competitive players. Long live this old ass fun and goofy as fuck champ.
>>
>>340056614
This.
The game died in s3.
The fun thing is that people still WAIT for a Yorick rework lmao.
>>
>>340056609

Blizz's attempt to cater to ASSFAGGOTS players is HotS, not Overwatch
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 292x172) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 292x172
>>340053460
I got permanently banned for spamming "ez" in all chat, but my friend who spammed "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" got a 10 game chat restriction.

I'm glad it's dying, Riot is a garbage company.
>>
>>340053460
it is most definitely dying. they've removed three unique queues in this year alone (solo queue, dominion, team builder), while only adding one queue that's active for only the weekend. even despite that, the wait time to find games is still way longer than before

>>340056614
>he's on our radar and is already being worked on
they're going to fuck him in the ass like they did mordekaiser, and then backpedal on a large amount of his changes because they were retarded
>>
>>340056759
And they failed misserably so they just released a genre that always works (shooter) with cartoony features that remind of League.
Overmeme is THE game of the year, not because it's good or original because it was made to cater to everyfuckingone.
>>
>>340056182
not him but the blue team (who lost) is made out of high diamond players and a master

while the red team has 4 challengers and a master

aka mmr is going craycray
>>
>>340056759
HotS is designed to appeal to people who hate Assfaggots.
Overwatch is designed to pull in the moba masses with something that has some familiar appeals but is unrelated enough to be refreshing.
>>
>>340056182
the magical bullshit of dynamic queue

a 5 stack of challenger+master players got matched up against a bunch of random diamonds and shit stomped them

this is just one of many problems the new system created
>>
>>340056593
>"LITERALLY"

>>340056527
No. It's not a Moba. MOBAS are not FPS. TF2 is not a Moba.

>>340056609
They are not.
Where are the towers, cores, pve minions, side objectives, talents? Why can I switch characters?

It's not a MOBA. Learn what a moba is before you spew stupid stuff.
>>
After playing HotS I tried to play some Dota 2. I can recognize Dota 2 is a far superior competitive game for solo players at least, but the constant CC and insane damage in Dota 2 puts me off. I'm fucking dead before I can even use my abilities, it just gets lame.
>>
>>340053460

Wow the sudden increase of shitposting LoL threads

Why?

Hmm lets see ah rght the world series started and LoL has probably few 100k people watching the matches compared to 30k DoTa 2.

Every yeah the same shit
>>
>>340056979
It's not a fucking MOBA you little shit but it caters to the MOBA playerbase.
Holy shit Overshitters are the worst fanbase since doturds.
>>
>>340056979
>"LITERALLY"
>moving the goalposts this hard

Sorry that your dota criticisms don't actually exist, but I don't know what else to tell you
>>
>>340057063
no the sudden increase in lol shitposting is because reddit is finally turning against the game
>>
>>340056979
same cancerous fanbase
>>
>>340056527
>quake 3
>world of warcraft pvp
>hearthstone
>h1n1
great term you have there, it sure helps defining game genres better
>>
File: smugarcher.jpg (48 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
smugarcher.jpg
48 KB, 300x297
>League forces you to stay in a match with toxic players
>League forces you to remain playing in a horrendously painful losing match if your duo queue trolls insist on saying no to troll you
>League forces you to play with that retard who is speeding down midlane intentionally feeding. Sorry, 30 seconds in? Already fed 2 kills? Gotta wait 19 and a half fucking minutes to even surrender
>League has an extremely sensitive carebear chat filter and report system
>Solo queue doesn't even exist anymore. At all. And Riot in fact said it is never, ever ever, coming back. That detracts from the entire thought that individual skill matters-- which SHOCKINGLY DOES MATTER TO PEOPLE.
>Being facerolled by that 5 man premade because your entire team is made of solo queues who aren't on vent/discord/curse/skype? Wahh, too bad. Enjoy the LP loss
>Playing support feels like shit
>League's graphics are like 2001 quality (in 2016)
>League absolutely has no issue destroying an entire class of champions and obliterating items off of the face of the earth, multiple times
>characters with no mana, lmao
>League has no issue leaving champions in the dirt as severely weak and pathetic
>Hextech crafting is a joke
>"Champion mastery"
>Rune system is still absorbently expensive to get into and buy runes. This suffocates new players who need to buy a shitload of champions, whos IP cost has only ever INCREASED over the years. It is a new player trap and severely hurts newer players.
>That is ignoring the mastery system that new players have to face against
>Trail of broken promises
>They take away fun game modes like URF nonstop and instantly
>Adobe air
>Skins don't even go on sale during their initial release anymore.
>Complete gutting of lore
>Where is the "yearly cinematic"?
>New content where? You mean the champion release once every 6 months? You mean the occasional ward skin? You mean the rehashed game modes? For such a "big" game there is an awful lack of content
>Repetitive as fuck
>>
>>340057136
You said Literally. I didnt. Learn words.

>>340057135
No it does not. MOBA playerbases like MOBAS. Overwatch has no characteristic that make it appealing for a MOBA player. None. It's like saying that FORZA appeal to the MOBA players some how.

>>340057178
Stop it with the meme spewing.
>>
>>340057152
And they only needed 4 years since Riot started being shit, good for them lmao.
Eitherways, it's the same with Overwatch or Dark Souls, people will defend their beautiful game with claws and teeth despite companies fucking them in the ass.
>>
The worst thing about Dota 2 is the spics and it is the single thing that made me uninstall after over 1k hours.
>>
>>340057191
Genres have definitions. Action game mean what? A game where there is some action happening? So 99% of games are Action games? No. Action mean a specific category with specific traits. It's just the name.
>>
>>340057268
>identifying the cancerous fanbase is now meme spewing
kill yourself
>>
File: 1364661092209.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1364661092209.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>340057268
>"I just bought Overwatch and Im going to defend it with my life" the post
>>
>>340054796
Hots having objectives is just another way to force team fights in a small area.

It doesn't help that a lot of the spells are low cooldown skillshots. You'll always have at least one spell to spam whether it's for a creepwave or enemy heroes. That means the spells don't do much damage and you have to kill the enemy by thousand scratches.

I would rather have an explosive and sudden fight instead of 10 minutes of 5v5 dancing and tickling competition on a lane.
>>
>>340057382
More memes. Nice. Keep it up and you might even start to think you have friends here.
>>
>>340057446
>10 minutes of 5v5 dancing
I hope those day back now after scaling change everything die so quickly,
>>
>>340057242
League sucks but they do better than Dota 2 when it comes to content. Dota 2 doesn't ever do shit anymore besides release chests and passes for you to waste money on. Pit Lord is still not in the game. They basically just spend the whole year prepping for the international and hoping to make godlike amounts of money.
>>
>>340055759
I'm just a rubbernecker here, but if you think this is evidence of anything you have brain problems.

You clearly don't actually have experience with dota and are having to reach hardcore to back up your opinions. Why you've chosen to be opinionated about things you know nothing about is beyond me.
>>
>>340057428
What? How am I defending Overwatch in any matter?
I'm saying that this apple is an apple, and not cucumber. There are not the same thing, and get annoyed when people keep telling me that this apple somehow cater to the same audience as the Cucumbers.
>>
>>340057268
When you switch your focus from trying to prove an actual point to just calling someone out on the literal definitions of hyperbole and figures of speech, you REALLY know you were wrong.

"Mid or I feed" is a problem that effectively does not exist in dota. Shitpost and dodge around it all you want, you were wrong.
>>
They really did fuck up with the dynamic que system which annoyed a lot of their core reddit audience but its not enough to kill off the game overnight. More social experiment tier updates like that will result in them losing more players. I play league a fuck ton and have been for a few years but with the new q system i'e lost all motivation to play the game.
>>
>>340057646
He said "Literally never happens"
I showed him several examples of it happening. He used the term Literally.
>>
>>340057446
You either haven't played HotS recently or at all. People are literally complaining about how insane the burst is. It has nothing on Dota, but you can die very quickly.
>>
>>340057732
Except it does exist. People will complain and whine because they cant play the lane they want. People have to race to say "I'm mid" and then it's literally the Shotgun rule.
>>
File: 1366937689604.jpg (44 KB, 409x393) Image search: [Google]
1366937689604.jpg
44 KB, 409x393
>>340057696
For it not being a cucumber you sure are shoving it up your ass.
>>
>>340054146
>Gotta make skins for gays and women for those sweet equality pandering bux!
>Skinny sexy women are ok
>Buff bara men are "pandering"

are you retarded
>>
>>340057912
Wow. Great job Ethan. Keep it up.
>>
>>340057732
"Mid or I feed" is just a meme version of a real problem in Dota and other MOBA's. People just rush to pick what they want regardless of team comp and then you end up playing a 40 minute getting shit stomped or arguing over who lanes where because people cannot agree. So while the specific "Mid or I feed" situation may not literally happen it highlights a real issue that is part of Dota 2 whether you accept it or not.
>>
>>340056904
>Overwatch failed to cater to MOBAfags
>It's successful because it caters to everyone
Your post hurt my head
>>
>>340055279
>New blood who like their change will replace old blood

>Implying the game will get any new blood when the grind to even THINK about competitive play is legitimately unreal

Riot's going to end up having to sell a bundle of all and future champions for a fuckton of USD if they want to create new blood.
>>
>>340058102
HotS failed misserably, not Overwatch anon, you misread that part.
>>
>>340057903
>>340058084
Where's your proof? I've been playing for 1500 hours and I can count the number of times this has happened on two hands, and the majority of them were in the first few weeks of playing where you're in the new player matchmaking where everything is a shitshow.
>>
File: dark seer pepe.jpg (78 KB, 750x470) Image search: [Google]
dark seer pepe.jpg
78 KB, 750x470
Where were you when leaguebabbies where confirmed for redditors that enjoy being cucked to death at every turn?
>Cant say nigger
>Cant pick a non-meta hero
>paying for heroes
>literally banned from playing at all if you leave a game or your computer ogreheats
>games end in 20 minutes
>>
File: 0e7.jpg (32 KB, 600x619) Image search: [Google]
0e7.jpg
32 KB, 600x619
>>340054303
>high risk
>>
>>340056803
you are full of shit. I dont give a fuck about riot but you didnt get banned for saying "ez" once
>>
File: ayy.jpg (133 KB, 664x706) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
133 KB, 664x706
Reminder
>>
File: league casuals.jpg (358 KB, 1600x1800) Image search: [Google]
league casuals.jpg
358 KB, 1600x1800
Are league casuals just moving to blizzdrone-verwatch?
>>
>>340058536
Jesus christ, Riot is fucking insane.
I hope someone does the world a favor and nukes their HQ
>>
>>340058495
it's been confirmed by rito that "gg ez" is on the list of flagged words
>>
>>340058536

Read a glassdoor review of Riot some time and you'll see where this delusion is coming from.

This is a young, upstart company that acts like it's goddamn Google before they even got bought out by Tencent.
>>
File: league snowballs.jpg (262 KB, 1131x1035) Image search: [Google]
league snowballs.jpg
262 KB, 1131x1035
Alone between the sheets
Only brings exasperation
It's time to walk the streets
Smell the desperation
At least there's pretty lights
And though there's little variation
It nullifies the night
From overkill
>>
>>340054303
>high risk
wat
>>
>>340058536
>want to make it a way of life and all
>we'll still cut down everything that doesn't make money instantly tho lol
>>
File: lolbabby.jpg (243 KB, 1422x892) Image search: [Google]
lolbabby.jpg
243 KB, 1422x892
>>
>>340058630
If you go to /vg/ and search for the lol thread you will se that they are talking about overwatch everytime.
>>
The final straw was when they bastardized Skarner.

RIP tow truck scorpion king. Nobody will understand just how sleeper strong you were.
>>
>>340056860
god don't remind me about mordekaiser, building that guy full ap and surviving off shield was one of the most fun things in the game
>>
>>340057861
https://www.twitch tv/blizzheroes/v/66281824?t=2h46m

A random teamfight on a pro level.
The fight goes on about 40 seconds and nobody dies.
Teamfights in Hots is just meme spam hoping to catch someone out of position.
>>
>>340053460
They will bring back some version of solo queue and then it will be completely revitalized and held as the second coming

You think this shit isn't planned?
>>
>>340059119
I have no idea why he was never played
I like Galio a lot right now
>>
>>340058968
>he actually said it to Morello
the absolute madman
bet he got permabanned for that provocation
>>
>>340059119
>"we don't want champs to stick to you due to permaslow"
>"here have this new champ with 4 dashes"
>>340059227
I've been there for 2 years and I quit when I quit league 3 months ago.
They talk about the game, mostly gay shit aswell yeah but they don't usually talk about other games.
>>
File: 6.86 sniper.jpg (83 KB, 1080x791) Image search: [Google]
6.86 sniper.jpg
83 KB, 1080x791
>>340059230
>solo queue
>ever
>he doesn't realize that stacking makes the game fun for casuals and that it would take three times the time to queue for them if it was implemented
Stay cuckolded to death, riot shill.
>>
>>340059230
League is dead anon, accept it like we all did long ago.
>>
eveyone in here who quit, what game has filled the competitive multiplayer void for you?
>>
File: when the pizza just right.jpg (78 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
when the pizza just right.jpg
78 KB, 600x600
How long until they take region lock off to reduce the 10 minute queue times?
>>
>>340059579
No one.
Multiplayer games are pretty much void and meaningless for me.
I replay games like golden sun and digimon world. I also play Darkest Dungeon a lot now that I finished Dark Souls 1.
>>
File: purple o clock.jpg (129 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
purple o clock.jpg
129 KB, 1024x576
>>340059579
>ever picking league up
>not going for betterLeague
Feels good to exert my gigantic aryan cock over 9 nonwhites for a good hour on a regular basis with dota, tbqh fampai.
>>
>>340059579
dota 2
there is literally no reason to be playing LoL now that it exists
>>
>>340059587
>more people play the game
>queue times get longer
how incompetent are those guys
>>
>>340059215
And Dota 2 is just catching someone out of position and 100 to 0 him. Not much difference really except the winner of the teamfight in Dota always goes to the team that initiated.
>>
I just quit caring about playing competitive games and started enjoying games again.

I played a lot more single player games, factorio lately, dirty bomb is great, divinity original sin.

I had 2850 hours of league of shit.
>>
>>340059215
>ANZ
>pro
Watch some Korean or NA if you want to see people blow up in second.
Dont watch EU though those faggot so passive it pain full to watch.
>>
League will fall and dota will stand tall, as it was always meant to be.
>>
>>340059579
started playing dota2, there was a decent learning curve though so it took a while to really get into it and stop being a complete shitter and it was hard to get out of bad habits that lol taught like being afraid to dive someone past a tower
>>
>>340053460
I played it religiously until half a year ago, since season 1. It slowly got worse and worse with every patch after the start of season 3, now it's just a onehit-kill simulator. If you're not playing the flavor of the month with 3k dmg in 1 sec, you're useless. Fuck rito and their shitty "balancing" ruining everything without 3 flash moves. I just couldn't take it anymore. So yeah, I hope rito keeps ruining their game so I won't have to be reminded I ever played this garbage.
>>
>>340059579
Smite.

I'm not playing now, but actually left off on a good foot. I'm keeping up with the updates, and every patch brings good new gods, skins, or balance changes.

Hi-Rez meme aside, it's the only good MOBA in my opinion.
>>
File: Riven-2.jpg (373 KB, 874x935) Image search: [Google]
Riven-2.jpg
373 KB, 874x935
>>340053460
Because Dynamic queue is garbage and they further ruined it with Autofill.
Even pro players stopped playing Solo Queue and they are playing against eachother in the tournament realm.

Riot only asnwered this by releasing a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwPa1SGLGv0) which consisted of 3 Rioters circlejerking each other saying that according to their data, the system was good.
They also invited scarra, one of the nicest ex-pro players to discuss the Dynamic queue.

Issue is, no one at Riot told him why they invited him, when he arrived to headquarters he realized it was for a PR roundtable discussion video about Dynamic queue. This was so they could take him by surprise and couldn't prepare a set of questions or get his thoughts set.

Another issue is the increasing influence of SJW on champion design like female Art rework with breast reductions
https://twitter.com/danielzklein This is a Champion designer at riot games, he lists his pronouns on his profile and talks about being pansexual and all that degenerate garbage

Add Overwatch boom release, and even /lolg/ became incredibly slow
>>
>>340059579
CS and Melee
>>
>>340057640

Dota 2 has actual user-made custom games like Warcraft 3 though.
>>
File: 1459954165393.jpg (14 KB, 229x280) Image search: [Google]
1459954165393.jpg
14 KB, 229x280
>>340053460
I miss metagolem
>>
>>340053460
>no room for newcomers
>casual means nothing anymore
>competitive dominated by koreans
>community moderated by devs, hate threads insta deleted

Just pack up and play overcuck or something
>>
>>340057794
you're being overly pedantic
>>
>not playing Paragon
>>
>>340060201
I have high hopes for Dota 2's custom games, but realistically, it will never replace Warcraft 3's.

What made the War3 editor so good was the simplicity of it. If you knew how to script, you could, but most things were just drag and drop. When someone opens Hammer for the first time, if they don't know what they're getting themselves into, they're gonna be confused as fuck.
>>
>>340058536
Read: how ignorant suits ruin things
>>
>>340059939
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldq1afiKQb8
>>
>>340060126
I just can't get into Smite when i'm fucking smacking a ranged hunter in MELEE RANGE and he fucking kills me in like 3 hits. Also Guardians I get are supposed to be tanky, but they seriously do like 0 damage and it feels pathetic to play them. Overall the game puts way to much power into mages and hunters and everything else is just supposed to be support and do nothing but soak shots and die for the glory of everyone else.
>>
>>340057640

>league makes you buy/grind forever to just unlock the champions
>dota 2 you immediately have all the champions, seasonal gamemodes, and occasionally gives out free things

I'd rather have dota 2 than have to spend a year hard core grinding to just get the champions
>>
>>340060201
>custom maps
as a league player, this is the only thing that I really envy about dota 2
last time I checked it was kinda buggy though
>>
>>340053460
Nothing lasts forever, every product will have an inevitable decline and league has been round forever. The most entertaining aspect is that Riot hasn't diversified at all, so if LoL collapses, Riot is toast.
>>
File: Disgredation of a Hobby.png (2 MB, 2404x1260) Image search: [Google]
Disgredation of a Hobby.png
2 MB, 2404x1260
>>340060529
Not quite my friend.
>>
File: 1451285155949.jpg (16 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1451285155949.jpg
16 KB, 480x480
>>340060532
>dendi going fucking insane in the player booth
>>
File: _v1_XUDQPyo.jpg (314 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
_v1_XUDQPyo.jpg
314 KB, 1200x1600
>game is called League of Legends
>said League which housed the Legends was retconned out of existence
>>
I hope it dies, i breeds the worst kind of people
>>
>>340054303
>high risk
yeah, shooting the spear from your base is really risky
>>
>>340060663
>Makes about 500 million dollars a year through micro-transactions

I think they'll be fine anon
>>
I miss Season 1 and 2. :/
>>
>>340053460

quit in december after going gold, literally added hours to my day

someone rec me a nice multiplayer game that isn't DOTA
>>
>>340060779
nothing will ever beat TI3 final though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08SlUCv6Mpg
>>
>>340060678
>wah wah leave us to be useless nerds in peace
>>
>>340060663
>nothing lasts forever
Dota is.
>>
File: whoops.png (290 KB, 1173x1293) Image search: [Google]
whoops.png
290 KB, 1173x1293
>think to myself "these problems sound like they can be sourced to a bunch of brain-dead extroverts infiltrating leadership"
>mfw
>>
>>340060565
The problem with hunters is that if you're smacking them up front, they don't really have to aim. I mostly play guardians so you just need to learn that the best way to deal with them is to CC them with your teammates, or pray to God your hunter can out-dual them.

If you want guardians with damage though, Ares is the king of that shit. Just level your chains first. Also if you want to go full retard mode, go AP Cabraken with a Time of Chaos. Run up to niggers and hit them with your 1 as you laugh your ass to the top of the kill chart.
>>
>>340061024
>he says in a web composed by nerds
>>
>>340060663
counter strike and dota will probably last forever in one form or another
>>
>>340060583
Except Riot actually balances(well they try....), adds new heroes, makes changes to things on a regular basis while in Dota 2 you are just stuck with the same stale meta for months, no new heroes ever, they can't even be bothered to finish off the classic Dota cast let alone make something new and interesting. And all they do is release chests to gamble on skins you want and passes for nerds who actually care about esports.

What did the big Dota 2 spring update even do? Nothing an actual person who only plays the game really cares about thats for sure.
>>
>>340061102
good

introverts deserve death

speak up you muttering mongoloid
>>
>>340061102
Riot is composed by art degree students, tumblr outcasts, literal autists and suited shills nowadays.
>>
>>340060583
true, but having locked content gives you a reason to play and doesn't overwhelm the new player with information
>>
>>340054391
>>340058492
>>340058983
>>340060862
in the sense that it has high mana cost before late game but falls off late game
>>
>>340060678
This fucking image is the definition of retarded overgeneralization and reeks of hugbox/secret club bullshit

Not only that it's only applicable to a few very specific examples like Let's Playing which is only tangentially /v/ related
>>
>>340061263
the reason i quit lol is i realized riot makes no attempt to balance their game

what they do instead is create a revolving door of intentionally overpowered fotm champions, a system designed to sell skins
>>
>>340061263
Quality > Quantity
>>
File: 8f9.jpg (12 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
8f9.jpg
12 KB, 184x184
>>340061551
Sure my man sure.
>>
>>340053760
This is pretty much me as well
They try and shake up the meta but every 'major' update ends up a huge bag of fucking nothing, the only thing to have slightly improved over the years is itemisation being slightly more varied but this doesn't even hold true for all champs or even all classes, and the improvement really is fucking slight

But I've been playing it for too long and my friends are playing it, so I'll probably keep at it even though I would never suggest it to anyone because the community is shit and the game is shit and the related esports are shit.
>>
File: 1417382337148.jpg (102 KB, 499x501) Image search: [Google]
1417382337148.jpg
102 KB, 499x501
>>340061864
>all the dragon changes
Nobody gives a shit about the herald and even the baron is starting to look unnapealing with the whole elemental/elder dragon thing.
>>
File: happy.png (247 KB, 391x668) Image search: [Google]
happy.png
247 KB, 391x668
>>340060965
>bulldog going crazy

good memories
>>
I haven't played LoL since the end of Season 3. What the hell is Dynamic Queue? I've been reading up for the past ten minutes, but literally all I have to show for it is that they got rid of solo queue (what the shit, how are you supposed to play without friends), and that it is bad at pairing people at similar skill caps.

There's like no actual fucking explanation on what the fuck this thing actually is.
>>
>>340056939
Isn't Diamond 1 like the top 1% of all players? Shouldn't they be able to face Master players easily?
>>
>>340062447
Not to mention only two of the drakes_ are truly worthwhile and whenever it's the cloud one it's just a fucking chore for whichever team finally decides to do it
Hell, I was almost satisfied with the almost system but then rito decides to fuck with it when there are tons of shit they could be looking at instead
>>
>>340062735
no. challenger is the highest tier, which is above master, which is above diamond.

relatively, diamond is the lowest tier of the three.
>>
>>340063007
with the previous system*
>>
>>340053776
this

even if you (like me) like the new queueing system, you must admit that the pros exclusively practicing on the tournament realm WILL kill the game eventually.
>>
>>340062690
>What the hell is Dynamic Queue?
Pick two forced meta slots you want to play, it builds a forced meta team out of what you want to play
It also allows groups higher than two now
>>
>>340062690
>Dynamic Queue
Remember when people fought over roles? well that hurt people's feelings so now you select two roles and queue for them. Soloqueue is "still" there but now you can have 5 man groups in ranked, not team ranked, normal ranked. So queueing alone means that you could be thrown against a 5man that can dumpster a team made of soloqueuers.

>>340063007
Yeah that makes it annoying, personally I prefered the old "kill dragon, get gold" since if you wanted to get advantage of that you had to know how to spend that gold instead of "here's 3/6/9% extra damage".
>>
>>340062690
You can now queue with as many people as you want, and it places you in the same queue as solo q. That means you sometimes queue alone and end up playing with a 4 man premade against a 5 man premade or something, and the enemy team will then constantly 5 man tower dive you while you get bitched at by your own team and then reported.
I have also seen silver people on my team while I am high plat myself.
>>
>>340062735
Ranks mean shit in League of Legends eitherways.
Even less with dynamic queue.
>>
>>340057242
Best list on /v/ I've seen in some time. All of these are completely true.
>>
>>340061263
See kids, this is what brainwashing does to you.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-05+at+01.12.39).jpg (67 KB, 520x647) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-05+at+01.12.39).jpg
67 KB, 520x647
>>340063108
I looked it up and the numbers are even closer than I thought. Diamond 1 and above is the top .1% of all players in the game. So, the skill gap between a Diamond 1 player and a Challenger/Master player is not very big.
>>
>>340063432
>>340063367
>>340063301
Well it sounds like a nice concept, but I don't have a fucking clue what they were thinking by merging the queues.
>>
>>340063628
I have no problem with the roles but allowing premades is beyond retarded. Having a duo on the enemy team was already kinda unfair when the enemy mid/jg picked two good early game gankers and destroyed the whole map while your jungler afk farms, and now its worse.
>>
>>340060678
completely true. I've been trying to put this into words for a while now but this is super accurate.
>>
>>340063628
There's still normal and ranked queues, the problem is that it allows groups of 4/5 in ranked and it outright punishes you for playing alone because the groups will most likely be in VoIP and they decide if they want to be assholes or tryhard and you're forced to suck it up.
>>
>>340063628
they defend it by saying that ever since the merge there is less flaming in ranked
this is retarded, of course premade people don't flame each other, or if they do they do it on their teamspeak
>>
>>340063854
My question is this: If they were worried about the queues being too long if you're looking to be on equal footing, why not give the player the ability to decode whether they're fine with being paired against premades? Just have a little check box or something that says "I'm fine waiting twenty fucking minutes to find a balanced match."
>>
>>340063628
It's more like a nice thought, the dynamic queue, because people can still go against what they put as their preferences if they pick first, so now people occasionally get even more pissed off because they can't wrap their little entitled brains around the fact that they simply didn't get to pick first, and now you get even fewer people who are both willing and able to fill out whichever role's needed because they just play the same two roles because they fucking suck.
Once again rito has managed to make the community more toxic all on their own like when they created the tribunal.
>>
File: tumblr_mjypwsd1yh1r9hvqeo1_500.png (301 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjypwsd1yh1r9hvqeo1_500.png
301 KB, 500x333
>>340064279
As shit as the Tribunal is, I got some fucking comedy gold out of some of those chat logs.

>Second time doing Tribunal
>First report of the day
>First message he says
>"Annie, I want to tickle your cute little 8-year-old pussy ;)"
>The chat log is so long, the scroll bar is just a tiny rectangle
>Every match he was reported for is the same length, and same madness
>>
URF died when revive got taken out of the game
>>
>>340064849

Did you sentence him?
>>
>>340064960
Fuck no.

Shine on, you crazy diamond, wherever you are. I wish I was at my computer right now, I probably still have the chat log saved somewhere.
>>
>>340056614
>>340056684
this

They used to be okay with making champs that allowed you to do cool and flashy stuff. Blitz pull, annie combo, Ez escapes were all fun af to do and pull off.

Now it just feels like they make the champs intentionally poor to control so the challenge is trying to work through bad mechanics and not when to pull off cool things.
>>
>>340063628
paid boosting was a significant problem in solo q, dynamic q has cut down on paid boosting because now your friends can boost you for free

riot's solution to the problems of ranked was to make the ranks meaningless
>>
File: 14405431278497.jpg (42 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
14405431278497.jpg
42 KB, 499x499
they removed the zed shadows
w is now a pasiv on every 3rd atack
and the ulty works like a better hydra
>>
>>340053557
How do you know it's still the most played when Riot has stopped releasing player numbes?
>>
>>340053460
Just bought 100$ worth of skins
i havent even played in a month i just want the game to live
>>
>>340065423
because of faggots like you the jews rule the world
>>
>>340057640
>not making your own game in Dota 2
Anon, please.
>>
>>340061024
literally yes
>>
File: 1456516926998.png (1 MB, 852x854) Image search: [Google]
1456516926998.png
1 MB, 852x854
>>340065582
So what if the jews rule the world,
im perfectly happy making 75k a year and still having time for vidya
>>
File: challenger in normals.png (120 KB, 240x225) Image search: [Google]
challenger in normals.png
120 KB, 240x225
>queue slaves will never know such joys
>>
>>340065086
kek, anon

link if have pls
>>
its kind of the perfect storm. theyre losing casuals to overwatch and theyre losing some of their hardcore base because of the queue changes.
>>
>>340065753
Dota 2's custom games are lame. Not nearly as good as they were in WC3.
>>
>>340053460
>psh, look at this cheap Doto clone, this game will die within two months

>alright alright, blizz fucked up with SC2 and riot got lucky. game still gonna die very soon though

>okay, they only survived because chinks put money into it but now that DOTO 2 is here the game's so dead. keep crying lolbabbies

>uuuh.. uh. there is no way it's going to stay relevant for another year. yea, no way!

>h-hey guys, rito fucked up again and now we have this CASUALWATCH, surely leagues ded now. I was right all along!!!
>>
>>340066939
It's dying. There's really no question at this point. The only question is whether or not Riot can admit their mistakes and reverse direction time.
>>
File: rev.png (35 KB, 876x362) Image search: [Google]
rev.png
35 KB, 876x362
More like its just the understood titan of the industry.

For the longest time, people would go on and on about how WoW was going to be "killed" by the next MMO to come along.

Literally no one is even kidding themselves by saying any new moba is going to come along and topple LoL. Its the unbeatable final boss of multiplayer games.

Simply no reason to talk about it outside of /vg/ unless you have some sort of beef with it.
>>
>>340067789
>Maplestory is still in there
>Alongside with Lineage 1
>CrossFire is still making more than WoW
>Actually surprised both CS:GO and GTAV are there.
How fucking old is Cross-Fire?
>>
the new matchmaking is garbage
bring back the old matchmaking, it forced you to learn all roles and you could get into a game in a minute tops unless you were challenger
now you wait like 10 minutes unless you pick support.
>>
>>340066539
I just went looking for it through all my external hard drives, must have gotten lost at some point, since I couldn't find it unfortunately.
>>
>>340067675
>>340067675
It was supposedly dieing when Tencent took over

It was supposedly dieing when they went from showing MMR to Division system

It was supposedly dieing when Dota 2 came out

It was supposedly dieing during S3 meta when only 3 champions in every role where played competetively

It was supposedly dieing when Riot mentioned sandbox

But no, now that there's dynamic queue whose issues only affect 2% of the ranked playerbase(and hugely benefits 98% of the other playerbase for getting their roles) the game is going to die to Overwatch. Yes, surely.

People like drama for the sake of drama. More than half of these retards do not even understand the difference between Dynamic Queue and the new champion select but as long as they have something to hate on they will create endless drama.

>>340068332
I'll take waiting 10 minutes in queue over "mid or feed".
>>
>>340066193
i would know it if i werent perm banned 6 times
>>
File: 1455451979268.jpg (53 KB, 600x902) Image search: [Google]
1455451979268.jpg
53 KB, 600x902
>>340068567
I personally like the new dynamic queue. However, the player numbers are indisputably going down. Sure, viewership of the LCS is rising but Riot has admitted that they lose money on that.
>>
>>340067789
>MapleStory still on there
and thus the abortion that is post big bang will continue to exist
>>
It hit the same point WoW did by the end of WotLK. Just about everyone who would consider playing it already has. They're either still playing or they've moved on and people who started playing years ago are starting to get bored of it. It will probably follow the same trend that WoW did and slowly lose players over the next few years. It's not going to die, but it will definitely lose popularity.

The biggest difference is how fucking terrible it is to start playing LoL right now. The leveling experience is such complete shit that I can't see how a new player would ever want to keep playing.
>>
>>340068567
Anon, listen, I've played from season 1 to season 6 and I assure you it's dying.
Not financially wise but spiritually.
League is not the game we used to love and enjoy since the start of season 4, it has become a eSports simulator where normal games mean shit and everyone is shit compared to the next division in the ranked ladder.
Just accept it man.
>>
>>340068869
>the player numbers are indisputably going down
source? I know doa tweeted that PC bangs in Korea have shown League falling from 40% to 30% because of Overwatch but every game has taken a dip.
>>
>>340059579
Dota2

Lots of my LoLbabbie friends are starting to transition from league now. It's hilarious to watch someone who got to masters in league be absolute garbage at dota.
>>
>>340069153
Nigga, I've been playing since beta, 2.2k elo since Season 2 and every season since D1 and Master. The game clearly peaked during season 2, that's when I had the most fun playing League of Legends. Now it's only fun playing adc or mid. At least the new champ select lets me play those roles(fuck autofill though). The longest breaks I took were during S5 and S4 when the game was incredibly boring. Right now it feels fun for me again simply because I get to play my roles. Spend those 20~ min queue times playing a bit of Overwatch and then play adc or mid and have fun for a bit.
>>
>>340069370
I'm basing that on the fact that they haven't put out numbers since 2014 on their website. I feel that it is reasonable to infer that if the numbers had stayed even or risen, they would certainly have posted them.
>>
>>340068567

"Mid or feed" is a meme and only seriously happens in bronze and silver leagues.
>>
Overwatch shills falseflagging as increasingly nervous LoL man so hard the past few days but of course /v/ doesn't call it out because the shitposter hobnobs hates le casual babby game.
>>
File: 1453742661387.jpg (1 MB, 816x4088) Image search: [Google]
1453742661387.jpg
1 MB, 816x4088
reminder
>>
File: firefox_2016-06-05_13-20-08.png (19 KB, 899x628) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-06-05_13-20-08.png
19 KB, 899x628
>>340069851
>only seriously happens in bronze and silver leagues.
You mean only 75% of the ranked playerbase?
>>
>>340069768
Am I misunderstanding what people mean by dieing? If a game with millions and millions of players take a small dip in playerbase it is dieing? Who expects a game to constantly grow for 6 years? Game itself peaked S2, playerbase S4 but the small dip from S4 to S6 onwards is nothing major. I have multiple smurfs in different division and queue times are exactly the same like they were years ago. Obviously now with the new champ select they are a bit longer but if I were to queue for a blindgame I am in select within one minute. So as long as the "dieing" does not affect my queue time and in game experience I could not care less.
>>
>>340069912
Evil companies don't stay on top forever. See: Microsoft
>>
>>340057242
>fatefag
>>
the game is dying because rito has given up on waifus. what was the last attractive female added to the game? jinx and that's debatable. now we only get shit like taliyah or illaoi.
>>
File: 1387640350503.jpg (165 KB, 375x550) Image search: [Google]
1387640350503.jpg
165 KB, 375x550
>>340069627
Oh, then is just sunk cost fallacy because you can't get over the fact that you wasted your life trying to reach a higher spot in a nonexistant ladder of a videogame and yet it doesn't matter because nobody will ever praise you for it not even yourself, because even you know how much have you been wasting your life.
My best wishes, anon.
>>
>>340069996

Yes. I hope that anybody that wants to be taken seriously on this board when talking about LoL is at LEAST high gold.
>>
>>340069996
>those X division 5s
jesus fucking christ, that fucking system is cancer
>>
>>340069851
lmao, try playing on euw.

one bad game in ranked in higher elo would have people go apeshit in the next queue.

"mid or feed" happens across every elo range simply because a loss streak puts the average league player on tilt and he "does not care" about his next game. I went from bronze to gold during s1 and experienced less trolling during champion select than from plat to master in the next few seasons.
>>
>>340056803
Owned by tencent. Not a surprise
>>
File: spongy.png (208 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
spongy.png
208 KB, 480x480
>>340054303
meanwhile in bronze
>>
>>340070231
thanks, anon. I do deeply regret that I can only have fun playing two roles in league, I wish I possessed your broad mentality which would let me enjoy epic games like overwatch or cs go.
>>
>>340058671
I say it every game, best I got is a "warning" message once

You really need to be a retarded motherfucker to get permabanned in this game
>>
>>340053460
Played from beta to around prior the release of Syndra since I lost internet in a move.

After I got it back I realized I didn't want to play the shit game any longer and just quit.

Best decision of my life really, also DOTA2 is a far better game if I want to get a tower defense fix.
>>
>>340053460
Dragons suck and meta (at least competitive) is heavily against solo kills and ganks. It's really boring to watch for the last two to three years.

I like the visual design and core gameplay but evidently all the recent attempts of Riot to stir things up don't accomplish much so yeah, at the moment it's going down but it may as well change, though it will have to be a very bold decision (i.e. miracle)
>>
>>340070634
I play none of those brother, in fact I just play Darkest Dungeon these days.
Im sorry about you, get well soon.
>>
>>340054303
Fuck off. Nidalee's always been one of the most cancerous heroes in the game. I couldn't believe it when Riot had the gall to actually buff her and turn her into a viable jungler with cougar form at level 1. Nothing about her is risky, she's always had a perfect and safe kit.
>>
>>340071105
A few games did come close in those past 6 years. I had great fun with Smite during the beta, a few hundred hours in Doto 2, then some mmorpg binge, going for the incredibly grindy korean stuff(Tera and BnS for a few months each) but no matter what at the end my friends and me always went back to League. I don't even know what it is anymore which pulls me back, usually watching some pro games and seeing and adc go off and trying to replicate that. And before I realise it I'm not having fun anymore in those other games.
>>
File: 1464622885627.jpg (50 KB, 960x940) Image search: [Google]
1464622885627.jpg
50 KB, 960x940
>>340056614
>You will never go AP Sion with Mobility Boots running around the map and killing people.
>You will never go AP Yi resetting off of every kill and meditating +1000 health per second okay nevermind fuck that
>You will never play Singed with FoN, Rylai's and RoA running around gassing kikes and flipping niggas.
>You will never play old Jax.

It's okay though, the game's more competitive now and everyone is having fun because of it.
>>
>>340071937
>You will never play AP Tris and oneshot a squishy with DFG E R
>You will never play AD Ezreal, maxing W and completely shitting on the enemy botlane
>You will never play TF and aoe stun the enemy team
>You will never play release Xin
>>
>>340057242
>URF
>fun
I agree the option should be there, but I get sick of it by the end of the first day it's there every time.
Good list though
>>
>>340071937
>>340072246
>not playing a well farmed veigar with the old lich bane
Shit was insane, all you needed was Q and an autoattack to delete or chunk anyone.
>>
>>340071937
>more competitive
>literally every aspect of the game has been streamlined and retard proofed
>>
>>340071937
>you will never rush heart of gold again
>>
>>340053460
hope so. turned my friends into moba shitters.
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.