[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: original.jpg (35 KB, 1424x800) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
35 KB, 1424x800
Your hopes and dreams for this?
>>
Good games
Frequent games (i.e. a high quality first party every 2 months, with several 3rd party games in between)
Good online ecosystem

Everything else will fall into place
>>
>>340053594
There's already one of this

It's called PS4
>>
you just entered hourly dose, to ask people for their second hand meme opinion to copy yourself.
think about it a minute. shouldn't it be easier for you to be a brainless tool on facebook or reddit?
>>
only one thing - huge support from game developers, so that everybody jumped on the train
>>
>>340053694
PS4 is okay for multiplats (especially if you don't have a PC) and it's a great multimedia machine in general, but its exclusives aren't too interesting to me.
I personally prefer Nintendo's stuff, is all.
>>
It's inevitable failure and future Zelda and Smash ports I'll be playing on my Xbox Scorpio.
>>
>>340053848
Well if you love same rehashed shit like Mareeo, Pokemonz and Zerda. I understand it.
>>
i hope the rumor that production has been halted so they can shove VR into it are true, just so it can crash and burn harder than the wii u did
>>
File: 1448154653450.png (2 MB, 1365x1920) Image search: [Google]
1448154653450.png
2 MB, 1365x1920
>>340053330
all I want is a better handheld than the DS line.
Talking hardware not software.
If I could get a Vita backed by games I'd be in heaven.

No gimmicks just a machine for games.
Won't happen but that's my hope and dream.
>>
File: 1441454867255.png (367 KB, 450x512) Image search: [Google]
1441454867255.png
367 KB, 450x512
>>340054062
I do, and thanks.
>>
>>340053330
I don't expect absolutely nothing about something made by Nintendo at this point.
>>
No gimmicks, good games, bluray player, normal controls.
>>
>>340054265
pretty sure wii won that gen, by like a fucking lot
>>
An actual console with decent games.
>>
I own a wii u and play it regularly. Here is what nintendo needs to do differently this time to be a real competitor. I was going to post this to /r/wiiu but I know they would get butthurt:

1. First off, Splatoon is an amazing game and a great fresh concept to the shooter genre, but of course only nintendo can fuck it up. Why the fuck is matchmaking locked down to only 2 maps every couple hours? You are literally playing the same maps over and over and over. Matchmaking should be a vote system, or random. Not Nintendo picking 2 maps for us to play and then making us play them over and over for a couple hours before they decide to change it.

2. Mario Party needs to go back to the old formula, and needs to have online multiplayer. Why the fuck did they change a formula that everyone loved, and then make it shitty and don't even add online multiplayer?

3. Mario Maker, again another amazing game and concept ruined by shitty Nintendo. First of all, don't remove custom sounds. Yea, people are going to say nigger and other dumb shit, but just let parents dictate if their kids can hear the custom sounds or not. Second, the map browser is downright awful. If you sit there and try and play random levels you are going to go through hundreds of shitty ones before you find a decent one. Don't even bother sorting by popularity either because of course all the popular ones are the "don't press anything" levels. Super fun right? Game is shit without using a third party level browser which is unacceptable. Next one, same concept but give us a good level browser along with some incentive for people to create good levels such as contests with prizes for popular levels.

4. Mario Kart, why did you fuck up the battle mode? I want battle mode like N64 had, not this shit they gave us. Also, split screen needs to have a horizontal option, vertical split screen is complete cancer you can't even see where the fuck you are going. Also, add 4 player online multiplayer.

END OF PART 1
>>
>>340054561
People still thinks that the last gen was all about Xbox360 vs. PS3. Apparently they don't want to admit that a casual console like the Wii was the absolute winner.
>>
a steambox-type system that plays game from a steam-type store thats also available on pc
>>
>>340054240

but the machine itself is a gimmick (console)

people should consider personal computers
>>
5. Drop the gimmicks nintendo. The stupid pad was completely worthless, just as your stupid motion controls. Just give us a regular ass controller instead of making us buy all these different controllers for all these games. I literally have like $300+ tied into controllers alone for this thing. Wii motes, nun chucks, pro controllers, old school gamepads, and gamecube controllers. The fucked up part is these are mostly necessary to own to have a good experience with the console.

6. Stop putting so much marketing and effort into re-selling old games that we have already bought 4 fucking times for each fucking console you make. Almost all your old games are able to be emulated as good as the original if not better. I don't care to play Zelda OOT again. I can emulate that game on my cell phone for fucks sake. Your classics are great Nintendo, but when your current gen lineup is dry as fuck, then you need to refocus efforts to the future and not the past. It's like Nintendos "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY BREAK GLASS" and behind the glass is a ported version of an old Zelda game. It makes you seem desperate

7. Get some third party developers working with you. Rare literally made the N64. Without them you wouldn't have had half the console that it was. Keep churning out the first party games, but you also need a great dedicated third party developer too.

8. I saved this for last, but it's the most important to me and affects ALL of the online multiplayer games. Your online multiplayer needs a complete revamp. It seems like it's right out of 1998. How the fuck do you give us a great teamwork oriented game like Splatoon but don't give us voice chat to work together? Same goes with Mario Kart. I want to be able to fucking voice chat, its 2016 Nintendo. I don't care if you charge for online services, just give us voice chat, an easily usable friends list, and proper matchmaking for every game.
>>
>>340055275
I love posts like this one.
Demonstrating how inmensely disconnected from the real world /v/ is, failing to understand why people prefer consoles.
>>
A decently powerful handheld with no dumb gimmick. One high res screen is preferred, but I'll still accept dual screen.
>>
>>340054062
>nintenyearold tries to explain his view
>sonygger already tries to bash
Kek
>>
None. After Wii and Wii U I'm not buying another nintendo console. It's always just the same slew of exclusives with nothing else to offer.
>>
>>340053330

None. Wii U was the last straw for me. It had like 2 games I enjoyed but other than that it was a glorified dust collector. I'm done because I have no faith in the NX taking off. I think Nintendo has run its course as a console company and should focus on something that they excel at - handhelds. Their type of development is just meant for it. Minimalist polished graphics and family friendly games.
>>
>>340057980
>. I think Nintendo has run its course as a console company and should focus on something that they excel at - handhelds.

Good thing NX will likely be a handheld.
>>
Wii U was ok, if it it was as powerful as the PS4 and better online.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.