[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultrawide gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: YpsnWzi.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
YpsnWzi.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
Does anyone play on an ultrawide?

How have your experiences been with compatibility? I'm thinking of dropping cash on one but wondered how it'd hold up with things like older games (I'm playing through Fallout 1 at the minute, for example)
>>
Damn nigga. My corsair 1500's just broke
>>
>>340050650
Are those fucking bloodied hands on top of a thing about your father framed?
>>
>>340050836
Not mine, anon. Stole other people's stations to give me ideas for my own.
>>
>>340050960
i'm still worried about it
>>
I don't really see the point of ultrawide displays when you can get large format 16:9 displays for about the same money and will mean you'll encounter fewer compatibility problems.
>>
think its still a meme
>>
>>340050650
It's not very good. I use a ultrawide monitor and as much as I like the screen realestate most games force me to play in windowed mode.
>>
>>340051472
this.

you'll spend time looking for tweaks to play at ultrawide res. some devs are however, becoming aware that it isn't 2006 anymore.

>lg ultrawide owner, like it but sick of no support/tweaks
>>
>>340051832
What's the solution with no support? I know Overwatch for example doesn't support 21:9. You have to play windowed?

I want ultrawide cos of the immersion it brings with it factoring in your peripheral vision but if most games are gonna be in a window then theres no immersion in that
>>
>>340051975
pretty much yes(windowed borderless), and if you use third party shit to do otherwise with a blizz game be very careful.

at one point, there were kids crying on the diablo 3 forums that it is an un-fucking-fair advantage..

"because you see more mobs"
>>
>>340052574
Yeah it's retarded. Isn't WoW a competitive game to some degree with arena and shit? Maybe they should remove that 21:9 support too.

I think HOTS is getting 21:9 support now as well.
>>
>>340050650
21:9 fag here

the only game Ive had trouble with was Fallout 4
>>
>>340052946
What trouble did you have?
>>
File: ScreenShot14.png (2 MB, 2560x1057) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot14.png
2 MB, 2560x1057
>>340052946
>>340053025
it fucks up the HUD and scope crosshairs
>>
>>340053087
No mod fixes out?
>>
>>340052772
i haven't followed it for awhile but D3 fans were bringing that up. WoW has 21:9 native and D3 doesn't.

what it boils down to is the D3 devs are straight up bitches about adding the support, or they just don't have the talent.

>>340052946
there were fixes for FO4 and the HUD but i haven't played it since the first week of release and hadn't re-installed it.

Dark souls 3 was absolute puke. uninstalled after a few hours. there was a fix in the works via flawlesswidscreen but again, uninstalled and haven't played it since nor followed up on fix.
>>
>>340053087
looks pretty accurate for bethesda
>>
File: ScreenShot0.png (3 MB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0.png
3 MB, 2560x1080
>>340053149
there is but you have to install all kinds of shit for it that I dont trust. theres a full application you have to install iirc
>>
>>340053087
> Bethesda just hacked up a parallax image effect for 16:10/6:9/4:3 ratios instead of making it dynamic and rendered according to screen size.

And people wonder why they get shit on as incompetent.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.