[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Focus on gameplay, level design, bosses and atmosphere >/v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98
File: logo_0.png (2 MB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
logo_0.png
2 MB, 1422x800
>Focus on gameplay, level design, bosses and atmosphere
>/v/ STILL hates it

Explain.
>>
sony exclusive
>>
File: 765.jpg (29 KB, 465x262) Image search: [Google]
765.jpg
29 KB, 465x262
You forgot the most important thing.

>PS4 Exclusive

It suddenly all makes sense
>>
it's sonyggers who just simply can't shut up about their souls spinoff
>>
Don't forget, it's better than souls 3
>>
File: 1465122493645.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465122493645.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>/v/ still hates it

Bloodborne consistently wins "Best Souls" strawpolls even on /v/. Even the saltiest of PCfriends acknowledge its greatness.
>>
Too many rehashes. I was bored with Souls halfway through II, I'm not playing BB at peak expectations.

Why do you think everyone loved Mario Galaxy? Because it was like 7 years since the last 3D Mario game. It was hot shit again.
>>
Sony is the reason why Souls exists in the first place. Please apologize.
>>
>>340048697

>/v/ doesn't like a thing

No shit
>>
It's the greatest game of this gen though.
>>
File: 1465130683542.jpg (189 KB, 1024x1307) Image search: [Google]
1465130683542.jpg
189 KB, 1024x1307
>>340048958

>Bloodborne
>Souls rehash

I would say Bloodborne is a sequel done right.

>kept the core elements of Souls as to not piss off fans of the series
>Enough drastic changes (no shields, ranged parrys, trick weapons and a completely different change in setting) to ensure fans of the series are not calling it a rehash and to attract new fans to the series

Anybody calling Bloodborne a rehash hasn't played Bloodborne. Say you don't like it, fine, that's your opinion but calling it a rehash is just objectively false. It would be like calling Mario Galaxy a rehash because "lel, still about Mario platforming around and collecting powerups!"
>>
File: ludwig cutscene.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ludwig cutscene.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>340049076

>inb4 "muh GoTY"
>inb4 an open world cinematic adventure game is more popular than a PS4 exclusive Souls game

I agree with you
>>
>>340049185
It isn't?
>>
>>340049363

>It isn't?

Isn't a rehash? I agree.
>>
>>340048776
You mean the horrible Sony fan base
>>
>>340048697

Console exclusive, automatically relegate it to irrelevance.
>>
Bloodborne has about the same share of serious flaws as Dark Souls but everyone who isn't shitting on it for being exclusive talks as if it's perfect. I think it's better than the Dark Souls sequels, but this is mostly down to how repetition of the setup doesn't work when From reliably ties up their games with definitive (if ambiguous) endings. Bloodborne is nice as a change of pace but I haven't been able to get into replaying it or doing PvP, it's the kind of thing you'll only need to experience once or twice.
>>
>>340049801

>Bloodborne has about the same share of serious flaws as Dark Souls

None are as big of a flaw as the fact that Dark Souls 1 becomes literal dogshit once you get to Dukes Archives
>>
>>340049610
You mean the same fanbase touting Ratchet and Clank as some kind of masterpiece just because it's on the PS4? I'd barely even qualify it as a game.
>>
Bloodborne is the only Soulsborne I've replayed. How do people even play these games so much to have hundreds of hours? I usually just go with a quality build, complete the game and never touch it again for like 5 years or more.
>>
>>340048697
/v/ is not one person, there are plenty on /v/ who like Bloodborne.

It also doesn't help that many people are more vocal about games they dislike than games they like, but I guess flaws are easy to discuss.
>>
>>340050057

> Ratchet and Clank as some kind of masterpiece j

t. Starfox fanboy
>>
>>340049702
Did you mean to say, "I can't play it so it's irrelevant."?
>>
>>340048697
How can it focus on 4 different things? And out of all of them the only thing it actually excels at is the atmosphere.

Adam Sandler movies FOCUS at comedy, but all the focus in the world doesn't stop it being gutter trash humour.
>>
It's the best Souls honestly.

Dark and Demons are great but Bloodborne comes out on top thanks to the fucking fantastic setting and the more aggressive combat, along with a pacing that's superb. The "what the fuck is going on in this place' feeling and how it all escalates bit by bit reminded me of RE4.

Could have used a bit more fleshed out magic though.
>>
>>340048697
>environments get repetitive
>regain is a dumb system
>charged hunter axe beating everything makes the game incredibly boring and easy
>worst fashion souls
>worst NPCs
>worst of all is the false flaggers and shitposting threads
The first few points make it reasonable to not like it as much as the others. The last point is probably why everyone hates the game though
>>
File: 1465061949396.jpg (151 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1465061949396.jpg
151 KB, 720x720
>>340048697
>Atmosphere in Souls games
At this point, reading hitboxes in this games does everything except creating atmosphere.

This is why you should do new games, personally. With new assets and all the fluff.
>>
>>340050653

>doesn't excel at bosses/level design and combat

Just leave. Go on, reply to me with a ">implying it has good bosses/combat" response, I dare you
>>
40 seconds of loading times sort of makes every other aspect irrelevant because I'd have to be playing a different game on the side to not die of boredom.

It's like I got to play a 10/10 masterpiece like Battletoads, but every time I switched level I'd had to take a hit to the balls. 0/10 pretty fast.
>>
>>340049983
Most of the areas you can access after killing Rom are seriously mediocre in every way besides atmospherically and storywise. Yahar'gul, the Nightmare Frontier and the Nightmare of Mensis are pretty shit areas to play through, UCW is a single room separating you from the two bosses. The level and enemy design suffers so much towards the end of the game that I'm shocked I don't see it mentioned more often. Chalices are a complete waste of fucking time, at least once you've done enough of them to see the paltry number of unique rooms and bosses. The DLC is great but so is AotA.
>>
>>340050815
I never said it was bad, but nothing it does with bosses, combat, or level design make it superior to the other souls games.

If it's just as good as the rest, and in some places worse, then how is that excelling you illiterate retard.
>>
Literally the best title.

You can spot the pcucks instantly if they complain about r1 spam

Literally the only weapons that r1 spam are the two most common: saw cleaver and its variations and meme blade.

They most likely watched YouTube videos and being the two most common, only saw those two weapons in action.

Any other weapon incorporates all the attack buttons
>>
>>340050664
Nope
>regain is a dumb system
Nope
>charged hunter axe beating everything makes the game incredibly boring and easy
Ludwig Holy Blade and Saw Cleaver are better.
>worst fashion souls
Not enough "muh metal" for you?
>worst NPCs
Based Churchbro >>>> Anyone from Rehash Souls 3
>worst of all is the false flaggers and shitposting threads
Best part about it tbqh

Stay mad PCuck
>>
>>340050951

>but nothing it does with bosses, combat, or level design make it superior to the other souls games.

Except the combat (melee) is objectively better due to the increased depth of the Trick weapons.

As for bosses, I would argue that Ludwig/Orphan >>>>> Any Souls boss.

>If it's just as good as the rest, and in some places worse, then how is that excelling you illiterate retard.

Because it's a subjective opinion you illiterate retard
>>
>>340050132
I don't know either. The games are fun enough for a single playthrough but the games don't have enough variety to warrant a second or multiple playthroughs. And I tried playing that god awful PvP once and never again.
>>
File: 1463527176668.png (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1463527176668.png
30 KB, 400x400
>>340050981
>nope
Great rebuttal.
>>
>>340051083

>list a feature and call it dumb
>implying this is an argument
>>
>>340050981
>nope

so.....................this is the power...................... of soulsfag arguments....
>>
>>340050664

It's ok to not like the Neo-Gothic style; but From obviously had a vision while making this game and went for it 100%

The doom and gloom feeling this game brings can't be understated, and I'm personally glad they were uncompromising with it.
>>
>>340050981
Regain is a bad system. The game is designed such that most hits are too big and too dangerous to gamble your life on to save one out of your massive stock of vials. It's a nice convenience if you get clipped by something and it happened to not take 90% of your health away, but how often does that really happen in Bloodborne? Even shitty mobs can trash you in 3 hits at 30 VIT.
>>
>>340050981
>Ludwig Holy Blade and Saw Cleaver are better.
Maybe they are, but I never played the DLC
>Anyone from Rehash Souls 3
All the faults of DS3 I kind of attribute to BB since most of their fuck ups seem to originate there, but ds3s NPCs are just as bad as BBs.

The rest is just shit posting, but figured I'd at least answer your legitimate points
>>
>>340051059
>Except the combat (melee) is objectively better due to the increased depth of the Trick weapons.
Trick weapons are no different to weapon swapping midfight.

>As for bosses, I would argue that Ludwig/Orphan >>>>> Any Souls boss.
Don't give me subjective opinions after bitching about subjective opinions.

>Because it's a subjective opinion you illiterate retard
Opinions by definition are subjective, but to excel means to be exceptional, the game is too similar to other games to be exceptional.

The game is good, it's just not "The greatest game ever made" if only because it relies too heavily on mechanics and systems of 3 other games.
>>
>>340050138
>/v/ is not one person

Yes i am. You are just one of my countless personalities. Now back in line so i can continue this discussion.
>>
>>340048949
My girlfriend bought me a PS4 so I got to play it. I usually only play PC games but damn, Bloodborne is just a masterpiece. I hope if theres a sequel they release it on PC so my /v/friends can appreciate it too.
>>
Fuck console exclusive jewing
>>
>>340051417
>Maybe they are, but I never played the DLC

Those are Vanilla weapons though. One of which is the fucking poster weapon for the game.

Seriously Anon?
>>
>>340048697
>/v/masterrace
Gee i wonder why...
>>
>>340048776
/thread
>>
File: JsKAsyz.png (405 KB, 309x444) Image search: [Google]
JsKAsyz.png
405 KB, 309x444
>>340048697
W3 is more complete game.
>>
>>340051762
>Witcherfags
Erry time
>>
>>340050664

This shit again...
>>
>>340049801

Here are BB's major flaws:
>Gem system underdeveloped.
>Requisite Chalices are too long before you get to the good ones.
>Bosses in the last half of the main game are more often miss than hit.
>NPCs aren't the best at times with only a few standouts.
>Requires DLC to be appreciated.
>Not enough spells even with DLC.
>PvP isn't forced until late game.
>+/- Bullets/Vial farming.
>Not enough cross-world shortcuts.

Dark Souls:
>Worst movesets in the series, easily.
>Game balance is awful.
>BS shits on all humanoids.
>Poise in DkS was easily the worst mechanic ever conceived of.
>Most of the bosses are God awful with only a few good ones.
>Most of the enemies are God awful with only a few good ones.
>Last half of the game is completely unfinished.
>A lot of the "finished' levels have low enemy variety and middling maps design.
>Narrative completely ruined by sequels.

I guess in my opinion, the BB flaws are less severe and it's strengths are where it counts (gameplay, bosses, enemies, atmosphere, narrative etc).
Dark Souls has very severe flaws with only a few advantages (more variety, great NPCs, better map linkage).
>>
Bloodborne>DaS>DeS>DaS2>Das3

t. ps3, 360, ps4, and pc owner
>>
>>340048697
Why would they restrict it to PS4 only? Wouldn't it be more profitable to place them on all consoles including PC?
>>
File: whirlgig_saw.jpg (13 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
whirlgig_saw.jpg
13 KB, 250x251
>>340051609
fuck for some reason I thought you meant the whirlgig saw
>>
>>340051870
>DS1
>start new game
>play through until Biggie Smalls
>beat them
>new character
Fuck the endgame.
>>
>>340051520
Sony own the IP, for better or worse. They specifically commissioned From for it and chipped in SCEJ personnel to the production.
>>
>>340052198
They own the IP, not the assets.
>>
>>340048697
Because constant posting of "THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT IN VIDEO GAMES! LITERALLY GOAT! NEVER EVER LELELEL! WITCHER 3 A SHIT BB IS THE MOST AMAZING THING TO HAPPEN TO HUMANITY!"
>>
>>340051913
t. also a sonygger
>>
>>340051083
making a claim without presenting an argument doesnt need a counter argument
>>
The fuck does t. mean?
>>
>>340051980
sony has large paychecks
>>
>>340050138

>there are plenty on /v/

The whole 3 people that give a shit about buttborne are massive losers with mental deficiencies that are so obnoxious it becomes obvious why they have no friends
>>
Overhyped by sonyggers, that's why everyone hate it.
>>
File: Facetheface.jpg (7 KB, 171x169) Image search: [Google]
Facetheface.jpg
7 KB, 171x169
>Silky smooth 17.25 FPS
>A full minute of loading every time you die
>Worst fanbase on the planet

We have standards?
>>
Whats the pvp like? I heard its horrible & I'm not enjoying no-poise dark souls 3
>>
>>340051520
Yeah, I usually play PC exclusively but I'm at a friend's house and she's been letting me hog her PS4. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun playing a game since I first played Star Fox 64 as a kiddo.

It's so fucking perfect. The crazy, over-the/top bosses, consistently dark atmosphere that swallows you in, the orchestral tracks that match the battles perfectly, the sick weaponry, the multiple paths, the endless secrets. Lol. Now I just talked myself into going over and playing some more.
>>
>>340052761
>hyperbolic bullshit
Shouldn't you be playing memewatch?
>>
>>340050851
they patched that shit like a year sgo, gg
>>
new thread
>>340046641
>>
>>340052761
BB takes 20-25 seconds at most when you die

Witcher 3 on consoles literally takes 2 minutes when you die. Luckily this only happens when trying to platform due to the retarded controls and falling damage.
>>
>>340052761

>t salty p-cuckle.

Still better than DkS1-3 m8 :^)
>>
>>340050057
>people like Ratchet and Clank because it's a good series. Nothing to do with its ps4 exclusivity.
>>
>>340048697
I love it, I just hate the Sony fanboys on /v/.
>>
File: 01.png (314 KB, 523x536) Image search: [Google]
01.png
314 KB, 523x536
>>340052914
>BB takes 20-25 seconds at most when you die

Jesus christ. How the hell do you put up with that?
>>
>>340050057
>Hes never played a Ratchet game
>>
>platform wars
>itt brokeass neets who can't afford to support their own hobby
>>
>>340053013

It's usually only several seconds.
>>
>>340048697

Fun game, I just don't like having to dust off my console to play it, and enjoy that silky smooth 30 fps. Also, the excessive chromatic aberration makes me reluctant to play it again.

Was the DLC any good?
>>
>>340048697
PC only people bash it

>not being a glorious double master race

Sucks being a brainwashed idiot
>>
>>340051487

>Trick weapons are no different to weapon swapping midfight.

So you haven't played Bloodborne? Good to know, now I know not to respond anymore
>>
>>340052761
I completely forgot how fucking terrible the load screens were early on. I actually don't even know how bad they are currently either since I havent played since the first 2 months it came out. I think they at least added item descriptions to the load screen though so you had something to read while you wait
>>
>>340053013
By gitting gud you impatient faggot. How do you put up with the loading in Bitcher?
>>
>>340053060
Bullshit, I've played it. It's half a minute if you're lucky.

Nobody's ever going to take BB seriously if we keep lying, the game is excellent despite the horrendous PSX-era load times.
>>
i don't thinks that /v/ hates it wins almost every strawpoll even with all the Pc shitposting.

>Inb4 but Sonnygers vote for BB just beause it's exclusive

Yeah, but atleast Sonybros have already played all the games unlike PCbros
>>
>>340051313

>. The game is designed such that most hits are too big and too dangerous to gamble your life

It exists to serve as a means to regain health without wasting a vial. It's not meant to be used as a substitute of vials, it's just there to make up for some silly fuck up you might have made.

Say an enemy hits you once, why waste an entire vial when you can hit it back and make up for a simple mistake?

>It's a nice convenience if you get clipped by something and it happened to not take 90%

Which is exactly while it exists.
>>
File: 1862.jpg (30 KB, 299x234) Image search: [Google]
1862.jpg
30 KB, 299x234
>>340053267
>Playing TW3
>Dying in TW3

How come Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 has like 4 seconds of loading if they're "inferior"?

>inb4 drone logic
>>
>>340051762

>game

I love this meme
>>
>>340052518

>WITCHER 3 A SHIT BB IS THE MOST AMAZING THING TO HAPPEN TO HUMANITY!"

Doesn't happen. That only happens when Witcherfags instigate it or call for a "Muh Fromsoft boogeyman". See >>340051762
>>
>>340053367
because they all look like shit and have garbage assets

DS3 does not load in 4 seconds on PS4/One
>>
>>340048697
Endless shitposting
>>
>>340052914

>b-but witcher 3

It's like if I give you reasons Bloodborne is shit you could say, "Yeah well you could go play Serious Sam"

Yeah I could and I might but what does that have to do with the discussion.
>>
>>340048697
it's too video gamey
>>
>>340053479

All From games look like shit and BB isn't really any better, its even running on better hardware.
>>
File: 1335219519116.jpg (35 KB, 493x387) Image search: [Google]
1335219519116.jpg
35 KB, 493x387
>>340051417
>BB's fault that DaS3 has problems
>Never played the dlc
>>
>>340053273
>>340053013

This is just outright lies

Loading screens
>>
I've noticed that when shilling the game, people often resort to using DLC pics and not much else, especially Ludwig.

And this is kind of obnoxious, as the game asides from the DLC has some serious issue

The pacing is awful, you have arguably the hardest boss for the majority of the game, gascoigne as the potential first boss, and then you don't have anything anywhere near as difficult right up to ebrietas and logarius.

The bosses after forbidden woods are largely disappointing, the areas after forbidden woods are reiterative and motonous by large, lecture building was my sole "wow this feels different" feeling and it was short as fuck.

The healing system, the pvp system, the lamp-dream-lamp teleport system, the lamp-dream-lamp reset system, all made the game so much less enjoyable as well, and grinding out shitty chalices to get gems was also one of the least enjoyable experiences I have had in sous.

But as with all Souls games, the DLC comes out.

And what does this mean?

People completely forget everything, artorias of the abyss was GOAT after the dlc, crowns were "holy shit fume knight, burnt ivory king, aldia the lore holy shit, this game is actually good now!" and TOH, "holy shit, orphan of kos and ludwig, look at all these actually interesting weapons that make the incredibly mundane base game weapon selection look so much worse"

When dark souls 3's dlc comes out, I will not be surprised if it both rectifies several flaws and has the hardest bosses in the series due to it's position in the series, and when this happens, people will once again completely ignore issues and parade it around as perfect

Note how dark souls 2 fanboys are starting to get as obnoxious as Bloodborne fanboys with their "apologise" threads
>>
>>340049801
I've replayed Bloodborne the most because the lore is the most deep and interpretive.
>>
It's not hated. Sonyggers are hated, that's all.
>>
>>340053641
No, Bloodborne is drastically better looking, it even looks better than DS3.
>>
>>340053725
Gascoigne's a skillcheck to make sure you've adapted to BB playstyle and aren't still reflexively hitting L1 every other second to block.
>>
>>340053725

Screencap your copy of Bloodborne with a timestamp.
>>
>>340053725
>hardest
protip, not everyone find the same bosses as hard as you
ebrietas and logarious are fucking easy
>>
File: s.png (184 KB, 526x457) Image search: [Google]
s.png
184 KB, 526x457
>>340048697

Didn't Splatoon massively outsell this piece of shit?
>>
>>340050243

No, I mean it only exists because Sony paid for it so that they can continue to delude retards like yourself into thinking that the existence of consoles and their exclusives is justifiable.
>>
>>340053060
After the patch I keep getting 5-15 seconds loading times. Not as bad, but still.

The buttery smooth framerate is annoying too.
>>
>>340054016
Nintendrones are somehow more desperate for games than us Sonyggers.
>>
File: 1333230309980.jpg (54 KB, 560x437) Image search: [Google]
1333230309980.jpg
54 KB, 560x437
>>340054016
Nintendo fans were starved for games when Splatoon came out, and you wonder why it sold well?
>>
>>340054301
You say that as if you guys weren't starved for games prior to Bloodborne
>>
>>340052856
I find it to be much better than in DaS3, and there's no backstab fishing.

The more varied moveset per weapon makes it more entertaining for me. It's an improvement over the others but still not something I would play the game for.
>>
/v/ doesn't hate it, it's just the subject of this dumb ps4 meme

My fav souls
>>
>>340054016
>casual kiddie shooter outsells lovecraftian RPG with intricate lore and deep themes only comprehensible by the brightest of minds
No fucking shit, nintoddler, might aswell brag about how CoD sells better
>>
>>340054016

Go back to your other thread Nintencuck >>340052002
>>
>>340054016
That's because woomy pussy is a hot commodity.
>>
File: n-no games!.png (399 KB, 602x819) Image search: [Google]
n-no games!.png
399 KB, 602x819
>>340054016
>>340054369

Gee, I wonder why
>>
>>340054016
Bloodborne sold really poorly, I don't even think it broke 3 mil.

To put into comparison, Mario Kart 8 which had a tenth of the PS4's install base sold almost three times as many games.

And Monster Hunter 4 sold over 2 million copies IN ONE WEEK IN. JAPAN. ALONE.
>>
>>340054521
>>340054430
>>340054435

Whatever excuse you need to make yourself feel better about getting BTFO by a kids game.
>>
File: 1449463706374.jpg (128 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
1449463706374.jpg
128 KB, 808x805
>>340054521

DELETE THIS
>>
>>340054427
Fucking great game. The only thing keeping it from being my favorite souls is the "You WILL play this hyper-aggressive dodge-centric playstyle or you will fail." I like that it stuck to its guns on this but it killed the replay value for me.
>>
>>340054241

Lol. Memeborne was hyped to hell and back, while Splatoon was supposed to sell 101 copies. This should tell you something... I'll let your pea brain try to figure out the rest.
>>
File: 021300321023.png (69 KB, 1058x1079) Image search: [Google]
021300321023.png
69 KB, 1058x1079
>>340054576
>>340054016

Hasn't Splatoon outsold pretty much every Exclusive this gen? It's on a console that gets a game every 4 months.

Also

>nintenkiddies talking about sales
>ever
>>
>>340054571
>Bloodborne sold really poorly

Because its shit.
>>
>>340054616
>Splatoon
>not hyped to fuck and shilled endlessly on /v/
Is it hard to see the screen with your head that far up your ass?
>>
>>340054369
PS4 is and always will be a multi-plat console for normies. They don't give a shit about exclusives except for ones that are marketed out the ass like Uncharted.
Nintendo on the other hand rely 100% on exclusives but the only good ones come out 2/3 times a year. even less now that the WiiU is on it's deathbed.
>>
>>340054616
>>340054690
If Bloodborne had functional online, reasonable loading times and stable framrates it would've sold as many copies as Splatoon.

These are all engineering issues caused by the PS4, and when Bloodborne is re-released/ported it won't be an issue anymore.
>>
>>340048697

> Explain

Everyone that actually played Bloodborne loves it. If /v/ hates it, it's because theyre PCucks
>>
>>340054301

Sony fans are still starved for games and nobody bought Bloodborne
>>
>>340053725
>grinding out shitty chalices to get gems was also one of the least enjoyable experiences I have had in sous.
I know this feel. I'm making a Moonlight build and I HAVE to get the gems in the dungeon for it, fuck this shit.
>>
File: big1.jpg (83 KB, 659x506) Image search: [Google]
big1.jpg
83 KB, 659x506
>Sneak a peek into the thread
>BBfags getting absolutely BTFO

Sorry, it's just really funny. Don't come to /v/ thinking you're not going to get shit on.
>>
File: 1449380994683.png (86 KB, 870x748) Image search: [Google]
1449380994683.png
86 KB, 870x748
>all these NIntencucks getting their fill in this thread

Why? Is it because in just 7 days when E3 rolls around you just know /v/ will be nothing but pic related threads?
>>
File: bloodborne vs splatoon.png (280 KB, 720x1124) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne vs splatoon.png
280 KB, 720x1124
>>
>>340048697
>/v/ STILL hates it

-sorry what? Did I miss something or aren't there still multiple daily bloodbore worship threads because NEVER EVER
>>
>>340054571
it was 2.5m before the dlc announcement or the Goty Edition re-release, its probably 4m by now
>>
>>340054521

>evolve
>the order
>rugby 15
>project cars
>re revelation
>bf hardline
>game of thrones graphic novel
>risk

if you think this shit is good you really are insane, i dont even know what the other shit is
>>
>>340054714
>not hyped to fuck and shilled endlessly on /v/

Actually it wasn't. Memeborne threads with that dancing anime chick outnumbered Splatoon threads a million to one, yet Splatoon still destroyed it in sales. Again, try to figure out the [real] reason why. I'll give you a hint, one of these games sucks.
>>
File: 1450201655260.jpg (130 KB, 1620x599) Image search: [Google]
1450201655260.jpg
130 KB, 1620x599
>>340054920

I can't fucking wait.

Shit's going to be glorious.

ONE GAME
N
E

G
A
M
E
>>
File: 3.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
>>340054998

Better than any of the shit on the Nintendo side

>>340054920

Pic related. I LITERALLY can't wait
>>
>>340054812
I've seen plenty of complaints from people that did play the game though. I have some myself.

It's great, but it's by no means loved by everyone that played it.
>>
>>340055017
No love for Wonderful 101?
>>
File: wew lad.png (112 KB, 1272x327) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
112 KB, 1272x327
>>340055016

>I'll give you a hint, one of these games sucks.

Yea, I know
>>
>>340051762
This, I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face that they prefer Soulsborne over TW3.
>>
>>340054813

So true. Lol, what are people buying PS4s for? To watch porn on Blu ray?
>>
File: splatoon-tall-1.0.png (826 KB, 900x1107) Image search: [Google]
splatoon-tall-1.0.png
826 KB, 900x1107
>Sony's primary exclusive facing no competition
>Established and deeply beloved franchise
>Made by veterans in the industry
>Running on the most powerful console on the market with tried and true controls

VS

>Nintendo's D-list franchise competing with Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Bayonetta and Yoshi
>New IP with almost no marketing
>Made by literally nobodies
>Running on three Gamecubes duct-taped together and forced gimmicks

Place your bets, /v/
>>
File: 1449463669888.png (119 KB, 712x920) Image search: [Google]
1449463669888.png
119 KB, 712x920
>>340055173

FUCKING DELETE THIS NOW
>>
>>340055016
Actually it was. I don't know what kind of Sony hateboner you have but you clearly need to lurk moar if you think Memeborne threads were anywhere near the amount of Splatoon tards spamming squid "art".
>>
File: 415.png (946 KB, 912x905) Image search: [Google]
415.png
946 KB, 912x905
>>340055173

There it is
>>
>>340055173

Here is another hint, that one that people voted for less with their wallets sucks. People dont part with their hard earned cash easily.
>>
>>340055173
8.6 it's a pretty good User Score for a sony exclusive game, even with all those negative reviews tha litteraly say "this game is shit becasue its not on PC"
>>
File: Moguz.jpg (120 KB, 728x358) Image search: [Google]
Moguz.jpg
120 KB, 728x358
>>340055270
That's because Sonyggers shitpost in every other thread about how great BB is while Splatooners respectfully keep to themselves most of the time.
>>
>>340055270
harder to fap to bloodborne though
>>
File: 1351014235462.gif (37 KB, 100x80) Image search: [Google]
1351014235462.gif
37 KB, 100x80
>>340054920
>Nintendo's entire E3 will about the inferior version of a Zelda game, when the series has been getting consistently worse since Wind Waker
>>
File: 1456561843911.jpg (257 KB, 1500x1063) Image search: [Google]
1456561843911.jpg
257 KB, 1500x1063
>>340055395

Probably explains why the Wii U is selling like shit
>>
>>340055252

The superior game sold more, the inferior game sold less. It isn't rocket science.
>>
File: 1427946548051.jpg (117 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1427946548051.jpg
117 KB, 720x960
>>340055415

>while Splatooners respectfully keep to themselves most of the time.

You mean, like they're doing in this thread?

>>340055173

>mfw

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>340055416
Except for the furfaggots, very true.
>>340055415
>it was sonyggers and not pcucks stirring up shit because they couldn't handle one GOTY not going to PC
>>
File: v_Detects_Fun.jpg (25 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
v_Detects_Fun.jpg
25 KB, 381x380
>>340055415
>Splatooners respectfully keep to themselves most of the time.
>>
File: loving hands on head.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
loving hands on head.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>340055173

NINTENKIDDIES ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>340055252
You forgot:
>Censoring their games while Sony doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>340055460

And yet Splatoon still outsold Bloodborne. Bloodborne rally sucked that bad? yes
>>
>comparing a 4v4 online to a 3rd-person melee single player
I love BB but even diehard soulsfags know it was the worst PVP in the series.
>>
File: 1453960796002.jpg (53 KB, 477x506) Image search: [Google]
1453960796002.jpg
53 KB, 477x506
>>340055173
>>340055460
>>
>>340054598
Weird, BB has the best replayability out of all the games for me. Doesn't make sense because it's the most homogenized but maybe it's the brevity that appeals. I can finish a playthrough in a couple of hours.
>>
File: 9.gif (3 MB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
9.gif
3 MB, 320x272
>>340055173

>lower score than Fallout 4

Embarrassing
>>
>>340055173
>splatoon
>1000 user reviews
>bloodborne
>6000 user reviews
i thought splatoon was supposed to be more popular
>>
File: 1449463658835.jpg (131 KB, 844x839) Image search: [Google]
1449463658835.jpg
131 KB, 844x839
>>340055173
>>340055460

RETREAT. NINTENFRIENDS, RETREAT

WE'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME YOU FUCKING SONYGGERS!
>>
File: 1439710640644.jpg (350 KB, 1212x884) Image search: [Google]
1439710640644.jpg
350 KB, 1212x884
>>340055648
>S-Single player games can't sell well you guys!

The delusion is strong with this one.
>>
>>340055754

It is.
>>
File: 843684683648.png (740 KB, 570x664) Image search: [Google]
843684683648.png
740 KB, 570x664
>>340055754

>Nintenkiddies
>Old enough to use the computer

>>340055173

Holy fuck, savage as fuck
>>
>>340055686
I can't argue with that, the playstyle does facilitate fast as fuck playthroughs unless some crazy son of a bitch actually did the chalice dungeons more than once.
>>
>masturbating over sales as a consumer

I mean masturbating over review scores is one thing, but sales? How much of a cuck can you be?
>>
File: 1455389832508.jpg (346 KB, 1328x2133) Image search: [Google]
1455389832508.jpg
346 KB, 1328x2133
>>340048776
/thread
>>
File: Chinman.jpg (27 KB, 216x311) Image search: [Google]
Chinman.jpg
27 KB, 216x311
>>340055173
But they have the same score?

>Sonyggers suddenly caring about critic reviews when it suits tehm

Fuck, /v/ was right, you really have no principles.
>>
File: 1427302321460.png (937 KB, 1893x1728) Image search: [Google]
1427302321460.png
937 KB, 1893x1728
>>340055173

>8.6 userscore despite Userscores like pic related
>>
The Bloodborne defence force is strong in this thread. The games sucked. No need to defend your buyer's remorse guys.
>>
>>340055875
>chalice dungeons

WHY WAS UNIQUE CONTENT LOCKED BEHIND THAT TRASH

Every time I start to think bb might be my favourite game ever I remember them
>>
File: 1.jpg (673 KB, 2000x2250) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
673 KB, 2000x2250
>>340055891

>he's getting mad
>a whole 4,000 reviews more and STILL manages to maintain an 8.6

See: >>340055923

Bloodborne had a 9.0 when it had the equal number of user reviews before Salty Nintencucks and PCucks started making 0 rated reviews
>>
File: 1454092823260.jpg (81 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1454092823260.jpg
81 KB, 480x270
>Nintodlers getting completely BTFO
>>
File: 1430402745324.jpg (83 KB, 625x790) Image search: [Google]
1430402745324.jpg
83 KB, 625x790
>all these salty Nintencucks mad as fuck after getting BTFO

>>340055173

Complete savage tbqh
>>
>>340055016
>Again, try to figure out the [real] reason why

>one is a colorful cheerful multiplayer game that's advertised as being a FUN timesink for people of all ages
>on a nintendo console which are notorious for being extremely accessible to everyone
>has the cover of a game that parents would buy to their kids for birthday or whatever

>one is gritty body horror filled "hardcore" action game
>the name doesn't even contain dark souls so the normies wouldn't be able to figure out that this is the next installment in the famous le so hardcore YOU DIED XDD franchise

>one of them sold worse
yeah I wonder why
>>
File: Critic Reviews.jpg (119 KB, 788x635) Image search: [Google]
Critic Reviews.jpg
119 KB, 788x635
>>340056017
>He's still defending it!
>>
>>340055923
top fucking kek
>>
File: goldm8.jpg (28 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
goldm8.jpg
28 KB, 324x291
>Iwata died
>Project NX is DOA
>3DS lowest selling Nintendo handheld to date
>Wii U lowest selling Nintendo console to date
>7 days to E3 and Nintendo only have ONE GAME to show
>You will finally see Nintendo die in your life time

About fucking time bros
>>
File: average splatoon fan.png (57 KB, 720x270) Image search: [Google]
average splatoon fan.png
57 KB, 720x270
>>
File: 1434563586017.jpg (433 KB, 836x1916) Image search: [Google]
1434563586017.jpg
433 KB, 836x1916
>>340055942
The only buyer's remorse here is from the retards that bought a WiiU like me
>>
The same thing happened with Pokken. The game outsold SFV even though SFV had massive hype.
>>
File: 1423506298556.jpg (176 KB, 568x543) Image search: [Google]
1423506298556.jpg
176 KB, 568x543
>>340056165

>getting this mad

>>340055923
>>340055173

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>340055963
And if you were really serious about the PVP (which nobody was) you had to do them for the gems. I'm not too surprised they got no love in the DLC and were dropped completely for DS3.

All those cool bosses I'll never get to fight again because fuck chalices.
>>
The gameplay is too shallow. Positioning is pointless, you can roll through anything and gun-counter is OP as fuck.
>>
File: 1454784444626.png (253 KB, 454x430) Image search: [Google]
1454784444626.png
253 KB, 454x430
Post YFW

>Didn't fall for the Wii U meme despite /v/'s endless shilling
>>
>>340050662
yeah this, executioners gauntlets are the only thing i used in that game with an arcane build, and only on one boss on ng+
fuck that one shotting headcaged asshole
>>
>>340048697

Second worst souls game
>>
>>340056250
>buy a WiiU
>feel a bit of a remorse
>suddenly Monster Hunter 3U comes out on it
>"woah I guess nintendo actually does care about this console I'm glad I bought it"
>MH4U is a 3DS exclusive
>so is MHX
>no other games in sight
>>
>>340056250

What I said had nothing to do with Wii U? Are you projecting? Just admit Bloodborne sucked and move on.
>>
>>340055252
Bloodborne did many things which Splatoon didn't, like pic related
>>
>>340056297
Don't worry, in Bloodborne: Remastered 10 years from now chalice dungeons will be reworked into just another normal part of the game world, they'll be well designed and the unique content won't be locked behind garbage. And maybe, JUST MAYBE it'll run at 60 fps.
>>
>>340050975
you got me diamond hard thinking about the farron meme sword being in bb and having a gun at the same time
>>
File: 1427130946709.jpg (39 KB, 568x284) Image search: [Google]
1427130946709.jpg
39 KB, 568x284
Nothing to explain. Bloodborne is a masterpiece and as is shown in this thread the only people who hate it happen to be the majority of /v/'s demographic i.e people who will NEVER EVER play it.
>>
File: ncy.jpg (59 KB, 1211x207) Image search: [Google]
ncy.jpg
59 KB, 1211x207
>it was 2.5m before the dlc announcement or the Goty Edition re-release, its probably 4m by now
>its probably 4m by now
>4m

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1465131826644.jpg (225 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1465131826644.jpg
225 KB, 800x533
>>340055173

Holy fuck
>>
>>340056430

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. PS4 is a perfect example of a shitty product selling well. It's like the Batman vs Superman movie.
>>
File: you're a kid now.jpg (103 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
you're a kid now.jpg
103 KB, 720x960
>>340055252
>splatoon
>almost no marketing
this is what nintendrones actually believe
>>
File: 1462943006244.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1462943006244.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>340055173

Why do Nintendrones even try to shitpost? It's so easy to blow them the fuck out.
>>
>>340056486
Right after they remake Demon's Souls with multiplatform crossplay.
Why do you enjoy toying with my emotions like this, anon?
>>
>>340056807
I need to vent my dreams somewhere

I still haven't played demon's because lolnops3 even though everyone says it's the best one
>>
File: splatoon fans.jpg (678 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
splatoon fans.jpg
678 KB, 1200x900
this is the only reason people bought splatoon
>>
>>340056421
NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R
>>
File: laughingchoirgirls.jpg (249 KB, 1200x1072) Image search: [Google]
laughingchoirgirls.jpg
249 KB, 1200x1072
>>340056526
Okay, please stop. Just stop. It's fucking embarrassing at this point.

The entire Bloodborne /v/ discussion is just as tired and cliche now as the Dks1 vs Dks2 debate.

I enjoyed Bloodborne. I bought a Ps4 just for Bloodborne, and yes it was fun as hell, the story was good, the DLC was incredible, and all in all I loved the game.

But stop pretending that it's some kind of "masterpiece." If you're going to call it that, at least have some semblance of decency and call it a "Flawed Masterpiece."

Bloodborne also had: A godawful pvp system and bad pvp in general, generic chalice dungeons/chalice dungeon bosses, some of the most barebones covenants I've ever seen, and a very short and linear rush to the end of the game. Yharnam was disappointingly small, Byrgenwryth (the most hyped up location in the game) was about as big as my backyard, Rom was a retarded idea for a boss, and those are just the problems off of the top of my head.

I still love Bloodborne, but your fanaticism is making me cringe
>>
>>340056907
Not the best but it's still a great game. Compared to modern Souls games it's about as streamlined as a gravel road but it's still fun as shit with lots of mechanics unique to it. Do recommend if you find a PS3 on the cheap.
>>
File: q.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>340056914
>bu...bu... it only outsold Memeborne because of fapping.

Sonygger desperation.
>>
>>340056958

Suck to be you I guess.
>>
>>340057206
More like Nintedrone desperation for anything to play on their new brick.
>>
File: dashcon 2015.jpg (186 KB, 631x793) Image search: [Google]
dashcon 2015.jpg
186 KB, 631x793
>>
>>340055923
>a shallow monster hunter clone
what did wanderlei mean when he said this?
>>
File: 1332777729297.png (1017 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
1332777729297.png
1017 KB, 848x900
>>340056405
>we will never get another non-handheld MH

Such wasted potential
>>
>>340048697

i liked the atmosphere in Bloodborne, and the combat, it was the first "souls" game i played, and i've only played DS3 after that

i struggled getting through Bloodborne though, i couldn't get properly immersed in it, and i think part of the reason is the subtle way the games have of telling its "story"

DS3 i played through and completed 2 times, Bloodborne i got bored about half-way into the original game

i actually enjoyed Witcher 3 more (since they constantly get compared), it lacks the fluent combat of souls games (i really missed the parry/riposte mechanic), but the world building, story and immersion in TW3 is unparalleled in my opinion

if we could get a game that married the best qualities of Dragon's Dogma, Witcherverse and the Souls games i think i'd be in gamer heaven

note i'm not trying to start a fan war here, just saying that all these games have some things they are better at than the others, and it's probably up to personal preference which one people will enjoy more
>>
File: nice.jpg (7 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
7 KB, 195x258
>>340057367

Nice comeback Sony cuck.
>>
>>340057367
face it bloodborne was a trash game which is why no one bought it
splatoon barely had anyone willing to buy it and thats why it sold more
>>
>>340057451
FUCKING SONY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
>>340057145
Dude, you're so spot on and mature that it hurts to let you now that you got the bait
>>
>>340057145

>But stop pretending that it's some kind of "masterpiece."

Why can't he personally think it's a masterpiece you autisitic fuck?

Go on, tell me your favorite game so I can pick holes in it
>>
File: vee.png (42 KB, 752x346) Image search: [Google]
vee.png
42 KB, 752x346
>>340048697
There is not a single thing on this planet /v/ cannot hate. It's like tumblr, there is nothing you can do to please this board because they don't care what they get triggered by; they just like being triggered.
>>
>>340048697
BB has flaws that you can't discuss on /v/ without being called a pcuck. But at the same time, there are so many retarded pc players that it always devolves into shitposting.
>>
>>340057441
10/10 filename
How much for 10 minutes in the ballpit?
>>
File: Battletoads.png (174 KB, 220x303) Image search: [Google]
Battletoads.png
174 KB, 220x303
>>340057663
OK. The only holes you'll pick will be in your own legitimacy.
>>
How the fuck are console/pc wars lasting all the way into 2016.

You can play multiple things at once and it doesn't matter at all what other people prefer.
>>
File: she's awake.jpg (165 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
she's awake.jpg
165 KB, 800x567
>>340057614

fug
>>
File: btfo.png (4 MB, 1986x1282) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
4 MB, 1986x1282
Ahh, another day and another group of Nintencucks BTFO
>>
>>340057663
I'm the Anon you replied to.

My favorite game is currently Bloodborne.
>>
>>340058134

Look at all of those niggers and spics buying PS4. You would never see those sub humans buying a Wii U
>>
>>340058005
It wasn't a war before, it was more like friendly banter.

Now it's a war, because Sony is literally trying to kill video games, replacing them with the cinematic experience. I won't have that.
>>
>>340048697
/v/ hates it because its setting is hilariously edgy and sickdark, it's literally hatred: lovecraft edition. most people didn't even play it because it looked embarrassing.
>>
File: buff goldbro.jpg (26 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
buff goldbro.jpg
26 KB, 324x291
>>340058228

Yea, in fact. You wouldn't see anyone buying a Wii U at all
>>
File: BLOOOOODBOOOORNE!!!!.png (2 KB, 204x46) Image search: [Google]
BLOOOOODBOOOORNE!!!!.png
2 KB, 204x46
Sonyggers aren't the majority here but they're definitely the loudest and most obnoxious.
>>
File: tears3.png (284 KB, 650x581) Image search: [Google]
tears3.png
284 KB, 650x581
>>340058320
>>
File: holy fuck.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
holy fuck.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>340058320
>>
>>340058285
>Unironically using the word edgy.

ROFL.
>>
>>340057663
A lot of people on 4chan are autistic and have huge arguments over semantics.

I.e. if you call something a masterpiece then according to them it has to be an absolutely flawless gem of the purest perfection, it can't just be something that's incredibly good.
>>
File: Laughing Layotta.jpg (58 KB, 534x361) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Layotta.jpg
58 KB, 534x361
>>340058320

SUICIDE WATCH
U
I
C
I
D
E

W
A
T
C
H

Nah seriously, that made me laugh
>>
>>340058380
We have the best console, we're entitled to be the loudest.
>>
>>340058380
>All these Bloodborne threads are the exact same handful of sonyggers spamming:
>N-never ever
and
>H-HAHA Y-YOU MAD?
>>
>>340058380
3,5 posts per IP?

Sounds normal.
>>
File: hahahahahahhaha.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahahhaha.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>340058320

Loving
Every
Laugh
>>
File: Dark Chocolate.jpg (36 KB, 530x482) Image search: [Google]
Dark Chocolate.jpg
36 KB, 530x482
>>340058320
>>
>>340058540
>Best console
Agreed. It's still a terrible platform though.
>>
File: 1459281214806.jpg (496 KB, 906x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459281214806.jpg
496 KB, 906x1200
>>340058320

JUST
>>
>>340058629
More like 1 post per every Pcfat, nintendrone and xbro, and 12 posts per every sonygger.
>>
File: 1456417942192.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1456417942192.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>more than one year after its release and we still have every day multiple 100+ post threads
>/v/ hates it
>>
>>340058243
When wasn't it a war? There are always idiots who fight for their brand.
>>
Because its a souls game and souls game are boring mediocre games.
>>
File: 09.png (234 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
09.png
234 KB, 500x400
>>340057145
>generic chalice dungeon bosses

Nigga there was like 30 bosses in the dungeons, that's more than the main game and dlc combined
>>
>>340058320
It's not a joke when is true dude
>>
>>340058813
The only thing /v/ really loves is bitching, newfriend.
>>
>>340058810
you must be a sonygger then
>>
File: qt.jpg (57 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
57 KB, 350x350
>>340058320

Threads over boys
>>
>every serious reply gets ignored
>every shitpost and troll bait gets 3+ replies

this is why no one discusses games on /v/ anymore, it's just a bunch of autists circle jerking each other with trolls
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.