[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to this game? Why did they remove Dominion for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: League_of_Legends_logo.png (159 KB, 502x198) Image search: [Google]
League_of_Legends_logo.png
159 KB, 502x198
What happened to this game? Why did they remove Dominion for no good reason? Why is there still no official replay system for this game that's almost 7 years old? Why does riot keep shoving their esports scene down their fans' throats?
>>
>>340046775
>Dominion
shitty gamemode with the most autistic spergs being the only ones to play it. waste of server resources

>Replays
there's no way the servers could handle millions of replays every day, besides there are more than enough 3rd party tools who do it for you.

>shoving esports
What do you mean by that? CS:GO makes you watch it when you turn on the game, hands out random skins to inflate viewers where as the only thing League does is reminding you that a LCS game is starting with a client message.
>>
>>340047029
Dominion was better than Summoner's Rift. It didn't go on for too long, the first 10-15 minutes of the game didn't consist of right clicking minions, and there was no "Top/Bot/Mid" meta so you could go where you wanted.

Bullshit. If Riot and their fanboys are going to boast about how they're one of the most popular games in the world, then they can find a way to make replay systems when pretty much every other MOBA has one. And imagine if Nintendo, who everyone hates, said "why should we make it so our consoles have built in streaming when you can just do it yourself?" Everyone would criticize them. Same should go for riot.

No it doesn't, the entire client is plastered with e-sports ads as well as with the annoying notifications.
>>
>>340047674
God I fucking hate it when I open the client and instantly have to look at some fucking korean faggot face with thousands of notations of shitty e-sport events.
>>
>>340046775
>dominion

Was removed because no one played it. Bots created by riot would actually fill out your team if you couldn't find any games. It's now on the rotating fun game modes list along with the others

>replays

no excuse

>shove esports down your throat

All you have to do is click something that isn't the main menu and you won't be staring at any esport ad

Besides you'll be staring at the queue for 90% of the time
>>
>why baddota made by incompetent and greedy cucks is shit?
I wonder it too.
>>
>>340047674
>Dominion was better than Summoner's Rift.
I've played this game since the beginning and dominion was always a shit game mode that was dominated by like 10 champs.
>>
>>340048409
People were playing it until riot decided to stop supporting it. My guess is because they figured SR would be the mode that carried the e-sports scene, and considering that's all Riot cares for, they stopped supporting Dominion. Just wait, it's only a matter of time before they remove Twisted Treeline and ARAM. Then everyone will realize what a huge mistake it was when they're stuck playing long, boring games of SR all the time.
>>
File: 1434764026890.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1434764026890.png
1 MB, 1280x800
>>340047674
>Dominion was better than Summoner's Rift. It didn't go on for too long, the first 10-15 minutes of the game didn't consist of right clicking minions, and there was no "Top/Bot/Mid" meta so you could go where you wanted.
If that's what you like, you could move to a more casual ASSFAGGOTS made for retarded people: HotS, the best hero brawler.
>>
>>340048601
It could have been dominated by the same five champs, it's still better than Summoner's Rift.
>>
>>340048843
>people were playing it

No they weren't. That's why they had bots fill in the team when you couldn't find any players

They were also supporting by adding in fuck tons of new items every major patch

Twisted won't be removed because it's part of ranked ladder
>>
>>340048894
How is Dominion for casuals, but the mode where all you do is walk around the map waiting for some dummy to get caught so you can push down their base is not?
>>
File: 36673604.jpg (226 KB, 800x927) Image search: [Google]
36673604.jpg
226 KB, 800x927
>>340049180
Because that mode at least pretend to be Dota.

Why don't you try Dota, Anon? Is the less bad ASSFAGGOTS.
>>
>>340049152
Either you weren't playing in 2011 or you're just lying. Dominion was supported and was being played for the months were riot was supporting it.
>>
>>340046775
Dominion was shit.
I wish they'd give us an alternate game mode 100% of the time though.
>>
>>340049329
not that anon but I hope you're refering to the original dota and not this shit that is dota2
>>
>>340050335
Is nearly the same shit, except that Dota 2 has less heroes and is monetized.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.