[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Factorio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: Factorio.jpg (853 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Factorio.jpg
853 KB, 2560x1440
Thoughts?
>>
>>340042194
Is it out yet? No, it's not.

It looks great, though. Can't wait to play it.
>>
>>340042194

Game is good if you like building autistic huge machines joined by a giant train set.

Dev supports the game, though updates are far apart as the dev likes to release a few features at a time. There's a pretty big mod community for it though. Also, >multiplayer when

It's pretty good shit.
>>
>>340042537
wat
Been out for years
>>
>>340042537
It's been out for months?
>>
it's a great game.
>>
>>340042572
>>multiplayer when
its been in since the official release
is this thread trapped in a timewarp
>>
>>340042589
>>340042623
Early Access isn't out. It's Early Access.
>>
>>340042716
Nobody cares, it's been playable for ages just new crap gets added over time.
>>
File: 1463872583569.png (731 KB, 504x598) Image search: [Google]
1463872583569.png
731 KB, 504x598
If you're the kind of autist who gets excited by trains, and has a train model collection and spends your weekends trainspotting, this might be the best game for you.
>>
>>340042742
You clearly care, seeing as you've replied twice. I'm not playing any more Early Access games - I'm waiting until it's actually finished.
>>
>>340042716
>fully featured completable game that you can buy or play isn't complete because it has "early access" written on it
you're just and dumb as people who buy early games that aren't even playable
>>
>>340042194
if you are an average american it will be to complicated, for everyone else it is a really fun game
>>
>>340042882
>I play games when people are pretty much done with playing them anyway
k
>>
>>340042882

If Factorio is the standard of "early access" you may as well abandon vidya all together. Rarely a game goes buy that isn't missing features or a buggy, incomplete mess these days.
>>
>>340042895
>>340042996
>>340042997
I don't see how that changes anything. If the developers saw it as complete they would have released it by now, so clearly they don't since it's still in Early Access. Once they properly release it, I'll play it. Until then, I'll wait and play other games. I don't give a shit if other people are still playing by then or not, since it's primarily a single player game, and other people's enjoyment or lack thereof doesn't influence how much fun I have with it. Even if it's a good example of an Early Access game, that doesn't mean it's not going to see a full release - if anything it's the opposite. So why rush it? Why buy it now, and have an objectively worse experience due to less features and/or more bugs?

You people are idiots.
>>
>>340043374
baitin this hard
>>
>>340043374
that's like not playing the starcraft 2 terran campaign because the others weren't out yet
>>
>>340043374

Because the game as it is, right now, in "Early Access" has more features and less bugs than a lot of other games either out or coming out on the market right now.

You'd know this if you did some research rather than just looking at two words on the games page.

>You people are idiots

You're clinically retarded.
>>
Fun game if you enjoy resource management. Combat is very lackluster however.
>>
>>340043374
>Why buy it now, and have an objectively worse experience due to less features and/or more bugs?
Nobody is saying to buy it, but it's out
>>
>>340043374
He's right though.
>>
It's great, but after clearing a free map I don't really feel like playing it again until there's significant new content. Granted it took me like 100 hours to clear said map.
>>
Literally one of the best games I've ever played. I just want some more content. Hnnng.
>>
>>340043614
Yeah, sure, if the Terran campaign got an overhaul with the release of the other two, possibly changing the experience drastically. But did it get one? Did Doom E1 change somehow when E2-3 were released? No, it didn't. So that's a pretty stupid comparison.

>>340043684
>this is a good early access game, therefore it can't be any better at full release
Really? And you're calling me clinically retarded? All I want is the best possible experience. So I wait for the game to be deemed feature complete by the developers and released out of Early Access.

>>340043759
If you by out mean available to the public, then yeah. Maybe my phrasing was bad, but I tend to see games as either released or not. Alpha funding, Early Access, Kickstarter, demos, etc., are all "not" on my black and white scale.
>>
>>340042194
It's fun for like a few hours, but afterwards it becomes stale and boring because all you're really doing is grinding for tech to be able to maybe invent something.
>>
>>340043938

>I'm going to ignore all games that might get more features in the future

Do you ignore anything that might get DLC, content patches or updates aswell, you fucking moron?

Yes, you are clinically retarded.
>>
>>340043845
It's his opinion, there's no right or wrong. If you seriously unable to do your own research and generalize every EA game as "not worth the money and or play through until they fix every small little detail", then go ahead, think this way. This doesn't make you right, but it's a stance I can sometimes back nonetheless.
>>
>>340043938
factorio isn't going to get an overhaul that will change the experience drastically, it's pretty much done and you can play it from start to finish without any problems
>>
>>340044238
Didn't they promise an orbital stage? Combat may be redesigned sometime in the future
>>
>>340042194
Waiting for .13, I really want to play with the new circuit system.
>>
>>340044117
That's a nice slippery slope you got going on there. In fact, I do wait with some games. Anything Gearbox, for example, is best purchased two years down the line for 75% off the GotY edition. But for most of it, DLC and expansions is optional extras *on top of* the base game. It's not part of it. To use the StarCraft parallel someone tried earlier, Brood War didn't change the original campaign. It just added more stuff to play after it. No when it comes to patches, it is usually worth waiting at least a week after a new game has been released before you buy it, since very few AAA developers are known to release bug free games. So despite your best attempt to disprove my subjective opinion with bullshit, you kind of walked into that one.

>>340044238
pretty much done =/= completely done
>>
>>340042572
>multiplayer when
l2p port forward, it's current year faggot
>>
File: 1453134937742.png (678 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
1453134937742.png
678 KB, 625x468
>>340043527
>>340043614
>>340043684
>>340042996
>>340042997
>>340042895
>>340042742
>/v/ now in defence of early access

what a sad day.
you people are the reason why steam is filled to the brim with cancerous early access shite.
>>
>>340044735
more like "in opposition to retarded black-and-white thinking"
Factorio is one of the 1% of early access games that aren't complete shit
>>
>>340044735
That's not entirely fair. While it is true that the majority are cancer early access games, there have been a good ones.
>>
>>340044735
/v/ doesn't have the buying power to set any trends on Steam. But it's stupid nonetheless, and I really wish Valve would take some responsibility for their own mess. Games should be forced out of Early Access after maybe 18 months, and shouldn't be allowed to be discounted while in it. It's not a dumping ground for half finished ideas, it's alpha/beta funding.
>>
>>340042194
I am waiting for them to polish the game, and add a proper campaign and missions.
If they make a quality singleplayer campaign with some story on top of the good gameplay then I will buy it.

>>340044735
we have a lot of the new generation of people here, people who are used to getting jewd all their life
>>
>>340044950
>Games should be forced out of Early Access after maybe 18 months
all that means is you get a bunch of shitty unfinished games for sale
early access probably shouldn't be a thing in the first place
>>
>>340042194
Pure uncondensed autism.
>>
>>340042194
holy shit this game is good
>you crash in an unknown planet with no hope of survival or escaping
>but wait I'm a human I don't give up that easily
>start building coal miners from scratch to start industrializing
>build small time machines to help you in making a safe base from the harsh environment
>you start mining the planet for natural resources to make an even bigger base
>burning coals is not enough to feed your industrial machines anymore its time for electricity
>you build steam engines and start making electronic machines
>but the starting areas is not enough for you now its time to expand and get more resources
>your base is now a huge mega industrial area connected with trains to long distance mining facilities
>your base is spewing out smoke enough to make the sun disappear
>this pisses of the natives and mother earth
>they start attacking your base to save their home planet
>but does that stop your human greed or your ever growing industrial machine?
>NO!
>you start building turrets and guns and purge the natives with full force to defend your hard earned base
>you start building a rocket to escape this planet
>everything is automated and your industrial empire keeps expanding
>you are no longer defending your base, you are killing the natives to purge them off YOUR planet
>you build robots to do the dirty manual labor
>an empire filled with machines and robots
>your empire keeps expanding and slowly turns once green and filled with life planet into a dead filled with machines only iron sphere
>the rocket is ready and you can escape and that's when you realize
>this IS your planet now and there is no need to escape your beloved home
>you are the god of the machines and robots and nothing can stop your ever expanding empire
This just feels amazing
>>
good game but it's more of a puzzle game, no reason to play it ever again after you finish it once, which I personally think is a shame since the game has excellent mechanics
>>
>>340045035
It's better to have shitty games for sale that are "finished", than to have shitty games for sale that are "still in development, we'll totally fix this later guys, you can totally trust us".
>>
>>340044950
steam dont care
more sales, more monies
>>
>>340045016
>If they make a quality singleplayer campaign with some story
I don't think you understand what the game is about
>>
>>340045127
try bobs mods
>>
>>340045153
I know, but you'd think they would be worried about their reputation. Clearly they're not, but if they start losing market share to Origin or GOG, then they might be forced to change their minds.

And maybe unicorns will be real one day, that's about as likely.
>>
>>340045146
it's better not to have shitty games at all, the steam store is a fucking uncurated wasteland
>>
>>340045016
>with some story

People like you are why we can't have nice things
>>
>>340042716
your autism is showing anon
>>
>>340045241
Fixing Early Access and fixing Steam in general are two different things, and I really don't think you can solve both in one go. Early Access needs a rule change to be more consumer friendly, and less of a get-out-of-jail-free card for developers.

I honestly don't know how to fix their store, ignoring the obvious "curate the damn thing", which they obviously have no intent of doing. Maybe separating the store into different sections would work. "Trusted" stuff could be top level - i.e. anything that comes from a company with a good reputation, followed by "Popular" and then "Wild" for literally everything else. That way users could at least have some control over what they see when they visit the store. It's a stupid workaround for a simple problem, but way better than the current situation,

>>340045450
If you have nothing of value to say, don't speak.
>>
>>340042194
I wish I was autistic enough to play it.
I just know that if I do try I'll build one crappy factory without really knowing what I'm doing then never go back to it.

Game seems really fun from videos I've seen of people playing it.
>>
>>340045231
>reputation
They are THE digital distribution platform on PC, not a "premium shop". They don't need to think public relations much, there's simply no alternative
>>
>>340045575
Valve don't curate it because they want to be free which is good in princple but if nobody curates it you just get a slew of garbage. somebody needs to curate it, either valve themselves or give companies or groups the ability to create their own shops within steam
early access is never going to be fully consumer friendly, just like kickstarters aren't, anyone can lie and make promises about what 'could' be in their game in the future
>>
>>340045193
it only makes the puzzle longer
>>
>>340042997
Devs actively adding and expanding on features is not the same as the game missing features, moron.
Factorio was in a completed state months on months ago, everything worked properly and all materials had a sequence of uses. Most devs would use that as an excuse to charge DLC dollars for the additional new features.
>>
>>340045795
That's the problem.

>>340045810
If they don't want to curate themselves, then why not let the customers do it? Why do shit that get "overwhelming negative" reviews not get auto-hidden in the store, or display a warning on the store page to make sure people know they're about to buy a pile of garbage? An open store is noble in principle, but with no way for users to customize their experience they're the ones that have to deal with your shit.
>>
>>340046016
there already are customer curation systems, they're shit and not useful. customers can't curate something that's not even out yet and customers can downvote something for any variety of stupid reasons. There needs to be a publisher within steam system
>>
>>340045795
>there's simply no alternative

There are 19 popular digital distribution services, it's not our fault if you don't want to change from steam because you're too invested into it.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.